so i herd u liek planning arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

Which brings me to the final point. This RP is rated MATURE (and that's putting it mildly). We're talking sin, decadence, betrayals, murder, organized crimes, demons, people being ripped apart, spines being ripped out (sometimes out of certain orifices), and generally F'D UP CRAP. This is not for the weak of heart or for your kids. People will die...A LOT. And things will be dark.

This is an issue.

We don't actually allow Mature RPs here. Any post that sneaks above the boundaries of Pg-16 is grounds for a Warning, potentially more depending on how graphic we're talking. Mature concepts (death, murder, crime, etc.) are fine, as long as you don't actively depict any sexuality or violence that would be frowned upon if posted elsewhere in the forum.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'll try to make a counter point but you are a hydra wearing a top hat, and hydras in top hats are usually right, but here goes.

My question is whether it's TRULY not allowed or just frowned upon. And considering this would involve things from decapitation to people being sliced in two, then yeah it's violent. Will it be a major point? Probably not, more like in the middle of combat the current host may rip a guy in half and fling another against a wall. Also sex won't be an issue at all. Like seriously AT ALL. You can't have sex at all if you're a host or you'll die (if you conceive a child, it kills the current host and moves on to the child).

From what I've seen on here, I was under the assumption that if we stated the type of level in the rp itself, then it would be ok.

But it goes back to the whole "is it TRULY against the rules or just frowned upon" thing.

If an RP is just too mature for a site that is mostly made of young children, well yes, it isn't allowed.

As our resident Top-hated Hydra has said, mature-ish things are allowed, as long as little to no detail is described.

An example of such is killing a person in your RP.

The thing that would be frowned upon is describing in detail how some guy's head flew off and blood went everywhere. nono, not allowed. At all.

If you merely say "He died" then we are fine and good with that.

To my opinion of your RP idea, it seems a little too mature for these forums. Some of the things that would happen are a little bit gory, so you may be better off finding a more 9yo-ridden site for that RP.

Well I'll try to make a counter point but you are a hydra wearing a top hat, and hydras in top hats are usually right, but here goes.

My question is whether it's TRULY not allowed or just frowned upon. And considering this would involve things from decapitation to people being sliced in two, then yeah it's violent. Will it be a major point? Probably not, more like in the middle of combat the current host may rip a guy in half and fling another against a wall. Also sex won't be an issue at all. Like seriously AT ALL. You can't have sex at all if you're a host or you'll die (if you conceive a child, it kills the current host and moves on to the child).

From what I've seen on here, I was under the assumption that if we stated the type of level in the rp itself, then it would be ok.

But it goes back to the whole "is it TRULY against the rules or just frowned upon" thing.

TITLE MARKINGS

Not all RPs are appropriate for all members here on YCM. Therefore, when posting a RP aimed at a specific group, put the appropriate tag in the title:

[PG-13] – If your RP includes mild swearing, a degree of graphical violence, or mild sexual content, it is better placed as a PG-13.

[PG-16] – If your RP includes harsh language, strong graphical violence, or a higher degree of sexual content, it is classified as PG-16.

[M] – M-Rated RPs, including gore, graphical violence or extreme sexual content, must first be passed by staff (see below). A large part of our members are eighteen or under: having an M-rated RP here wouldn't make any sense.

Keep in mind 'passed by staff' refers to softening up Mature properties (such as Resident Evil, Silent Hill, etc.) to the point where they would be acceptable, not asking for permission to allow strong gore.

It kind of falls under that same logic though that Resident or Silent Hill would. In fact, both those series are actually more gore filled than that of 'The Darkness' universe. I suppose the best way to get the answer is to simply talk to the staff the rules say. Here's to hoping it gets passed guys.

(By the way I would like to point out that from what I've seen the forums are not as kid-filled [or friendly] as people make them out to be. I'm just saying there's quite a bit of mature, or at least older, members on this site)

Name: Marvel vs DC: The amalgam invasion

Basice summary: It has been relative peace in the two uinverses since the battle of the brothers was finished and the amalgam universe was sealed. Years later (debating on how many years) Access the guardian of the multiverse and keeper of the amalgam universe is killed and his powers taken. Days later the inhabants of the amalgam universe begain attacking the two universes and taking heroes and villians alike. The two sides called on their respected omnipontent begins the Spectre and the Living Tribunal but neither of the two responded. Now as the two universes begin to overlap the two sides attemp to surive while finding out the one responseable to the merge.

By the way I would like to point out that from what I've seen the forums are not as kid-filled [or friendly] as people make them out to be. I'm just saying there's quite a bit of mature, or at least older, members on this site)

Yes, most of us are teenagers and college students, maybe a creepy old dude or two, but there's also a lot of people who aren't that old, and it's best if we be cautious about that. That aside, 4chan took away that whole "user friendly" thing and now it's indistinguishable from an adult website, so its for the best that this stuff goes how it does. Anyways, here's my two cents: If you wouldn't see it on basic cable, then we shouldn't see it here. It's not too hard to do either, just censor swears, limit sexual content to something like "They totally did it, and it was awesome", don't go in depth about the way you're slaughtering things, put restrictions on children dying (that's actually just a personal one) and yeah, you get it.

So, I've been percolating a few ideas. I'm still working on my Reason roleplay, but that's going to take a little while for me to par down the complexity of the design and I simply don't have time to manage something like that until the semester finishes.

So in the meantime, I've been on a Kingdom Hearts kick. Anyone interested in a Keyblade War-set roleplay? I've a couple neat ideas in mind, and I don't think we've had a serious attempt at a KH RP in a while at this point.

Very well.

The time period sets it a good few hundred years before even Birth By Sleep- when Keyblade Wielders were relatively numerous, totalling at about a thousand. At the moment, it's actually a relatively peaceful time as far as the worlds are concerned; due to the proliferation of the keyblade, there are very few pureblood heartless running about, artificial heartless haven't been invented yet, and nobodies are ridiculously rare enough to basically be a non-issue. The main conflict stems from a fundamental disagreement between the Keyblade wielders themselves on the notion of darkness.

Neither side is particularly 'right', per say. The Seekers of Darkness argue that there's a balance that has to be maintained, and ignoring darkness entirely is sheer stupidity- simply because something is dangerous doesn't mean it ought to be destroyed. On the other hand, the Knights of the Keyblade are firmly against anything that could lead Keyblade wielders to become like the heartless, especially since the Seekers have been learning to control Heartless with their will; most of them are of the opinion that darkness is essentially fundamentally evil. Eventually, the two groups split into two almost even separations, and end up at war with one-another, pulling most of the worlds into the fray along with it.

The idea is that both sides are filled with both inherently corrupt people and earnest believers that are slowly perpetuating a war that's helping literally nobody.

There's a combined enemy that either side will face, called Revenants- which are are the dead souls of Keyblade wielders merged into their Keyblades and shaped into reanimated armor until the goal they failed to achieve is complete (Sentiments are essentially Revenants). There are some plots on either side that will play into the larger narrative, but on a whole that's the crux of the matter- the x-Blade will be involved, of course, at some point in time.

Yeah, a bit more straightforward from me than usual, but as I said I don't really have time for something too complex.

I would join such an RP, but unfortunately, I am taking a quote-unquote "vacation" from KH RPs until the sequel RP that I, technically was part of fially begins its planning and have it be completed. yes, that may seem like a fairly long time, but because of the fact I am committed to this, I am waiting out until it begins and, possibly, ends when it can. Care to know which KH RP I'm talking about involving a sequel?

Kinda seems like people do that as it is, but fair enough. Is there a certain length the summary has to be or will stuff like "A group of people aka, the RPers, set on a daring quest filled with action, adventure, romance, aliens, demons, furries, and bubblegum set out on a splendiferous adventure to stop the evil of all evils, known as the producers of half the crap on Cartoon Network these days." be enough?

You know, when it comes to crime invstigation stories, there are usually good twists and certain things that help move the plot of a case along. In fact, I had this idea originally as a Fan Fic. I think some of you already know about this, but I'm going to point it out simply because I need some comments on how to add on to the main plot. Here's the story.

September 17, 2002. Former S.W.A.T. Officer Jason Mass was asked by the CIA to join a new organization that they had created in which was composed of 6 or so members that would help solve unknown cases in which the culprits are under special aliases, but no known individual has been found. These were known as "Jack The Ripper" cases. These cases are special cases in which the culprit is unidentifiable, mainly because either the original identity of the culprit was presumed dead, the original identity of the culprit went missing and no body was found, etc. He was chosen to be the leader of said team, but was also asked to be one of 3 judges in which would pick members forhis team. 4100 showed their skills; only 5 were chosen. And over the course of 10 years and only 5 cases at the most, the team is now prepared for their biggest moment yet. On the morning of the organization's 10th Anniversary, Jason Mass, now 35, has been given a mysterious letter. The contents remain unknown, but it will determine the fate of his team, known as the Unknown Adversaries Investigation Unit, or UAIU for short. Now's the time to make a change in this world.

Just a reminder, this takes places in San Diego, California, but it will pass through the other big cities and small cities in the US where the origin of the crimes happen. Comments?

Ideas

[spoiler=Name: Marvel vs DC: The amalgam invasion]

Basice summary: It has been relative peace in the two uinverses since the battle of the brothers was finished and the amalgam universe was sealed. Years later (debating on how many years) Access the guardian of the multiverse and keeper of the amalgam universe is killed and his powers taken. Days later the inhabants of the amalgam universe begain attacking the two universes and taking heroes and villians alike. The two sides called on their respected omnipontent begins the Spectre and the Living Tribunal but neither of the two responded. Now as the two universes begin to overlap the two sides attemp to surive while finding out the one responseable to the merge.

[spoiler=Name: Digimon World War: The Four Horsemen ]

Basice summary: 500 years ago a great event merged the Human and Digital worlds together allowing humans and digmon to exist in the same world. Some belived this was a blessing others a curse humans and digimon begin fighting over the lands and who has the right to exist. The digimon dominated the fight until the human invited the "Zenith Code" an unique armor that allowed them to forcefully merge with a digimon and gain its power using this the human gained the upper hand. Upon reaching the digimon stronghold the human came into contact with the four horsemen, a goup of four ancient digimon. With their power the horsemen drove the human back and destroyed half of their forces. Being tired for this fight the new great digimon Calamon chose a group of humans and digimon. Using his power and a modified "Zenith Code" Calamon gave the humans and digimon the ability to stop the fighting and bring peace to the world.

[spoiler=Name: Fairy Tail: Rise of the Neo-Dragons ]

Summary: Though many mages of these Dark Guilds hated the Council for the obvious reasons, they were also tired of the Council's glory and power. Due to this, the strongest of the Dark Guilds formed an alliance now known as the Balam Alliance. The alliance consisted of the Dark Guilds: Grimiore Heart, Oracion Six, and Phantom Lord. These guilds planned to overthrow the Council and kill each and every member. Months of practice and the day finally arrived. Armed with the strongest of each of the Dark Guilds, at least 20 Dark mages stormed the Council Headquarters, brutally murdering every Mage of the Magic Council. At least that was what they thought.....

When word got out of this horrible tragedy, members of other guilds couldn't believe it. Guilds headed to the Council Headquarters, praying that it wasn't true, but it was. Among the rubble that once was the great Council Headquarters layed the charred up corpses of the Council members. All the Council members were dead but one.

Chaos brewed across the lands, Mages argued about the deaths and many came forward in an attempt to create a new Magic Council. The Dark Guilds saw that, without the Council, the other guilds couldn't function properly. They took this as a new oppurtunity.

On guild stood out above the rest the Neo Sin a relevatively small guild that possesed great magic using its forbidden magic the guild created. Nine powerful dragons they called the Neo Dragons and used them to create powerful Dragon slayers with the use of Larcrima. Using these Dragons slayers the Neo-sin waged war on the guilds as well as the dark guilds.

[spoiler=Name: Shaman King: Oversoul L.A.D]

Breif Summary:

Who said death was the end, for many death is the beginning.

Many people from different countries and cultures can speak and communicate with spirits and even fight along side them.

One spirit is above them all the king of spirits, and one shaman can stand above the rest, he is the shaman king.

So shamans from around the world hone their skills for a chance to be shaman king. Before this tournament would happen once every 500 years but now things have changed. The Shaman King the most powerful shaman in the world has to die at sometime. His death signals the start of the new tournament designed to find the shaman strong enough to become the newest shaman king.

Archived