so i herd u liek planning arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

I have an idea for an RP. I want to end my Organization XIII club with a bang, so I decided that, since the club's greatest achievement was a five-part roleplay, a roleplay should be the club's swan song. Of course, the RP is open to anyone, because there are very few members active in the club. The roleplay shall be very loosely based on the excellent TV Tropes they "Friends the High Council", which basically amounts to the idea that every single Disney story is really just chronicling a long war.

That's where the premise for this RP comes in. The Friends On The Other Side from "Princess and the Frog" are the main antagonists in this story, and are led by Chernabog. As the Friends cannot interact with the outside world aside from Bald Mountain and Wonderland, they will act through agents. Players will take the role as either agents or the heroes that combat them. Players can either create their own character, or create an alternate version of a character based on an existing character, although I would prefer any characters based on Kingdom Hearts to be original creations. I am counting subsidiaries in this, so Marvel or any books published under Disney Hyperion, such as Percy Jackson, Peter and the Starcatchers, or Kingdom Keepers, as well as cross-company products such as Kingdom Hearts, which will serve as the inspiration for the setting.

Much like Kingdom Hearts, to make this wacky crossover have a semblance of sense, there will be various worlds that will serve as the places where the action can take place. The plot, which I admit I'm making up as I write this, is that the primary goal of the Friends is pure destruction and conquest across the multiverse.

So, what do you think?

Want help with it?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have completely changed the direction of my original two ideas of making a magic RP. I took the parts I liked best from both RPs and I am now rebuilding it to become a modern day RP, based on a secret organisation which keeps the humans safe from mythological creatures etc. The organisation has replaced the Charmers role that I had developed before, but this works out better as it:

Allows for Magically Talented Characters, known as Orphans as only people that lost their parents as a child can develop the hormone that creates magical talent.

Allows for Untalented Characters, known as recruits as they have been recruited to the organisation for some other reason. They may have seen something they shouldn't have, have talents the organisation wants to use or any other reason.

Allows for Fantasy Creatures, known as Allies. Some mythological creatures work for the Organisation (haven't decided on which ones yet) to keep the humans safe and unaware of their existence.

As I want to ensure variation of characters in the RP I have also implemented a system of randomised APP for the applicants. When someone reserves, I randomise what kind of character they will be able to make an app for (orphan, recruit or ally) and then send them the appropriate 'welcome letter' and 'app'. In the case of orphans I would also randomise what kind of magical talent they have been born with.

So yeah, working on a plot as well as apps, magic systems, welcome letters and other things :)

• 3 weeks later...

So anyway, I have this Duke Nukem RP stuck in my head, but I'm having difficulty deciding whether I should make it RPer vs GM or 1x1. I do have a basic plot for both sides at least, so I'll get on with detailing that first.

It takes places where Duke Nukem: Forever left off, with the wormhole above the Hoover Dam beginning close. After killing the Cycloid Emperor, Duke has managed to escape with the help of General Hanson before a nuke was dropped in the area, killing many of the aliens that were left. However, some of the aliens have managed to time their last ditch summoning so that they didn't end up damaged by the explosion itself, and those that had evaded that explosion were completely unaffected by the radiation left behind by the nuke. Now they lay idle, just waiting for Duke to let his guard down before commencing their final assault. This is rated PG-16, and will have frequent cases of violence and coarse language, lashings of sexual material and, if I can get away with it, mild cases of gore. I'll enforce that it's kept to a minimum if necessary.

The next pieces of plot are different for each of the styles. Read the spoilers for more info:

[spoiler=RPer vs GM]You control one of the aliens, and your priority is to kill Duke (who I'll control), as he's the only human alive that could possibly stop the final assault. Before you lies the slain corpse of the Cycloid Emperor; a reminder of how daunting the task ahead remains. Can you steel yourself for the probable counter-attack, or will Duke only overwhelm you like the rest of your brethren?

[spoiler=1x1]General Hanson has selected you to partner alongside Duke (again who I'll control, as well as the General of course), having selected you because of your outstanding performance in holding back the first assault. This time, you get to kill some of the big, mighty aliens like Duke, and perhaps he might take a liking to any one-liners that you might decide to spit out. Of course, Duke has stopped many alien assaults before, but will this be "just another day at the office," so to speak? Or will the aliens finally overthrow the both of you and kill all of humanity as you know it?

Now that I think about it, I've never seen a 1x1 RP in action, so... how do I sort out who to RP with? Do I run a slate of apps and decide the one I like most, accept the first viable app, literally ask for someone to call shotgun or what?

A while back, I created a Yu-Gi-Oh! RP called "Mirror World", remaking the Dark Signer Arc with the Dark Signers being reimagined as Signers and vice-versa, and all of the heroes becoming evil, and all of the villains becoming good.

Would anyone be interested in a remake?

The Dark Dragon Signers, servants of the Crimson Blood Dragon and carriers of its monstrous brood, have taken over Satellite, and plan on throwing the entire world into darkness. To stop them, Rex Godwin, a wealthy industrialist and head of a secret society dedicated to stopping the Crimson Blood Dragon, recruits individuals from all walks of life to help him fight against the Dark Dragon Signers. Using ancient beings trapped within the Nazca Lines, these new Immortal Signers, aided by the mysterious Arcadia Movement, must rise to the occasion and stop the Dark Dragon Signers before it's too late!

Alternatively, we could have a mirror version of a different arc from any of the Yu-Gi-Oh! serieses.

Maybe even a Mirror World Duel Carnival?

I feel like a mirror duel carnival might be better but IDK I really do like the idea of it being with the signers because there is a more obvious good vs evil feel where duel carnival is more like one good group and 2 groups that have members who are good doing bad things. So in reality I feel like signers would be better.

Actually thinking about it remember that tron/yugioh RP you had I kinda wanna see a remake of that it was a good one that didn't really get an ending, we could also incorporate some Zexal stuff into it but I think trying to keep as much of the original as possible would be best.

Anyone watch Accel World here? Because I have an Accel World RP up my mind.

[spoiler=Basic outline that I pulled out from my arse]

It is now the year 20??, ?? years after the events of Accel World.

The Brain Burst has evolved over the years, along with the Accelerated World that thrives in it. The kingdoms - Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Purple, White and Black - have formed a new, now unbroken treaty that there is to be no fighting between the Kings of Pure colour, and that no one within these seven legions below Level 9 can challenge the Kings or vice versa.

Of course, it didn't apply to those who aren't in these legions.

A new kingdom - dubbed by its inhabitants as 'Crystopia'. It is ruled by a kind yet persistent king who is known as 'Diamond Dragon', the very first crystalline Duel Avatar, who believes that this treaty is simply a ridiculous excuse to not allow anyone to reach Level 10. Under his rule are crystalline-based Duel Avatars who fight alongside him against the seven coloured Kingdoms. Only recently has he welcomed other non-crystalline who believes in his words and are willing to rebel against the other kings. This very kingdom is the mutual enemy of the seven coloured kingdoms

Do you think that's bad? The Kings of Pure colour have another problem to deal with.

Throughout the Accelerated World, mysterious new avatars have appeared. Their most notable trait is their naming, having [Name] of [Kingdom] instead of [Colour] [Name]. These new kingdoms are the Diamonds, Clubs Hearts and Spades. While new to the Accelerated world, no one knows what power they hold.

Deep in your heart, which side you are on, which side you are fighting for, the answer is within...

Welcome to the Accelerated World.

Just a few fixes and I can pull this off when I'm bored.

Oh gawd, I think I write too much for outlines...

@Lilly: I love that manga, but there's not that much out, is there? So I don't know.

@Trimage: That's an idea. Maybe make it a bit .hack-ish by having a new dueling computer come online, but it causes everyone wearing a D-Gazer to suddenly fall into a coma, which actually uploaded their minds into a virtual world.

Ooh. This sounds fairly interesting.

Maybe you can have the idea of a Kingdom Hearts/Namco Crossover instead, so that different worlds can be explored, and the Soul Calibur universe would be the world that ultimate decided the fate of the remaining worlds. And, people can choose to be canon Namco characters or created ones that link fairly well with the canon of any world.

The thing is, though, I'd restrict the number of Keybladers to about 3 (You, and 2 Co-Hosts), since they would be the means of advancing the story.

I gave you an idea, now all you need to do is improvise on it. If you can't, then maybe I can help you get the OoC Thread up and running. How about that?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyways, I've got an idea of what to do for the virtual world YGO RP.

KaibaCorp created a video game called "Duel Monsters Virtua", which is now a hit MMO, a la The World from .hack, or a super version of Dueling Network. A player can either use a special Duel Disk-like accessory for using real cards to duel online, or simply have an online deck. Furthermore, the amount of avatar customization allows players to make whatever they choose.

However, recently, there have been complaints of users dueling against opponents using hacked cards (signified by having the DIVINE Attribute), but these cards cause those that do not have a hacked card of their own to fall into a coma. Furthermore, a mysterious hacker is roaming the virtual world, ripping apart code as if she was searching for something, and sightings of a mysterious "ghost in the system" have become more and more frequent.

A group of duelists who have received these hacked cards must determine whether to save the game they have come to know and love, or bring down the system for their own reasons.

However, I do have a special gimmick in mind. A player's primary character must be based off of a username they have used on this website, and have an appearance and deck at least loosely based on the username. For instance, my characters would be called "FinalFan" in the RP, he would look like a combination of elements from the different Final Fantasy protagonists, and he would use Heroics. Custom cards would be greatly appreciated, as the hacked cards will be customs, though they would need to be approved by a thread mod.

Anyone have any input?

Archived