so i herd u liek planning arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

People joining a group and then having a change in personality isn't all that weird, yes people they know closely would be like hey that is weird but even if they get the school to help there is no evidence that anything bad is happening also this has taken place over years not a couple of days I said that before. Dueling can apparently make you a lot of money in that world. Finally yes Wicked Black is a suspicious name but if you can't find any evidence that they are doing something bad the best you can do is go vigilante and then you become the bad guy, now I've said this a couple of times yes they are openly edge and gothier then most people but they don't go around telling people they are evil and going to destroy the world, their belief is similar to that of the Society of Light that what they are doing is rite no matter how crazy it really is.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trimage, joining a group and having a major change in personality isn't weird for a cult. For regular people, YES, that IS going to draw attention.

Yes Trimage, Dueling can make you a lot of money in that world. If you're a professional. These are students who live on an island physically separated from the rest of the world, which requires an expensive mode of transportation to get to a regular city. Not to mention if someone was making a ton of money on the duelling circuits, they'd be rather well known and it would raise questions about why they're funding a suspicious dorm being built in a specific school.

Speaking of which, why is this happening at duel academy to begin with? Is there anything specific about it?

Why can't they find any evidence of wrongdoing? If this is a school dorm, the faculty should be allowed to do everything up to and including wiring the entire place with cameras, also random shakedowns to check they're not getting up to anything suspicious. It's actually very hard to keep things hidden in a school dorm, and I speak from experience.

Why are they, as you say it, "gothier" than everyone else if they think what they're doing is right? Usually black is associated with negativity, death, etc- why someone who thinks they're doing the right thing embrace that kind of iconography? Hell, why do they call themselves 'wicked' Black if they think they're in the right? Nobody who thinks they aren't a villain is going to dress like a stereotypical villain- that'd be stupid. Speaking of which, why do they think what they're doing is right? Are the brainwashed? By whom? Why can't this person just brainwash everyone instead of stealing souls?

Honestly these questions are a lot more important for you to think about and answer than whichever Elder Evil your going to go with.

Okay about the change in personality yes people thought it was weird that it is happening to everyone who joins but because it is caused by a card and doesn't change their personality to drastically, it brings out the more negative traits in the person people can't prove that the black dorm is doing anything wrong from that.

Pros investing in a duel academy isn't very weird, so if a couple got together with some of their sponsors to build something for 1 isn't that strange like a pro athlete doing something for the college they went to. Yes the people would think the dorm is weird just like Zane going dark all off a sudden, oh wait the fans loved it yes some people have found it to be strange but there wasn't much they could do besides ask the school to investigate.

It is happening at a duel academy because you have a lot of duelists brought together in a single location that you can both recruit from and use as sacrifices.

The faculty inspected the dorm and found nothing weird, they inspected the students and found nothing weird. Do you really expect them to bug an entire dorm because a group of people are acting weird and you don't find anything, these people are using magic so unless you take all their cards and are like mine now which would cause a huge amount of problems with the entire school that plan wouldn't work. So what can they do after that keep the entire dorm under surveillance for something you can't explain where your only reasoning is those people are weird so they must obviously be guilty wouldn't really work.

Because they think their rite doesn't mean that they won't like black, they draw their power from darkness and they know it feeling that it is the rite thing for the world. So they are wicked which is something they don't see as something wrong(out of game the original dorms were done after the god cards and the wicked gods are the evil versions of them). The cards of darkness amplify the darkness in people which leads them to the dorm and is limit by a limited number of cards, the ancient evil they are trying to summon is the source of the cards of darkness which is why their owners are drawn the the wicked dorm. They need to collect souls in order to call said ancient evil and to produce more cards of darkness.

I honestly like this idea. But i feel as though someone did this already and failed miserably. Maybe I'll join it when you get it posted.

And Hydra, I think you're putting too much emphasis on WHY certain things would happen in this RP. Lighten up. <_< Besides, Trimage can't answer all your questions. Better to join it and experience it for yourself to get some questions answered, or just watch from the sidelines.

Oh, Trimage, do you intend on creating plot twists that connect to characters that join the RP? That could make things very interesting, depending on how it will be done.

That was another thing I was thinking about, most likely characters in the RP would be in or investigating the wicked dorm or would have something that would make them a target but I might add some twists depending on how events in the RP go.

Now I'm also thinking of having Cards of Light which are fragments of the Light of Destruction that came into existence after Jaden finally destroys it for good they would be fewer and guided by the Voice of Light and would be acting behind the scenes.

And Hydra, I think you're putting too much emphasis on WHY certain things would happen in this RP. Lighten up.

Nope.

This is a topic for talking about our ideas and telling people how to improve on them. Questioning weak plot points is one of the best ways to force people to tighten them up. If I was actually being severe, I'd be pointing out that the entire idea's pretty cliché (and you're correct, something very similar was done several times in the past) and wouldn't bother actually questioning the specifics.

Trimage, "Wicked" literally means evil. That's the definition of the word. I'm not entirely certain how people think they're somehow in the right and also evil, but whatever.

Here's, perhaps, a more useful question: What does your RP offer us? What does it do new, that other roleplays haven't done before? Why should we sign up?

Here's, perhaps, a more useful question: What does your RP offer us? What does it do new, that other roleplays haven't done before? Why should we sign up?

Um the RP should be fun I don't think it really needs anything else, I suppose it will have a nice clash of good and evil.

But what's wrong with a little thought and something unique in your RP?

So anyway, I've been looking back through this thread a bit more, since TFF previously mentioned an idea for a Digimon Tamers RP...

Tamers was my favorite season, and JesuOtaku's retrospective got me thinking.

What about an RP set a year or two in Tamer's future, when Digimon are now starting to re-emerge on a much grander scale all across the world? Tamers are starting to pop up like crazy as the world's governments, still recovering from the damage done by the D-Reaper, scramble to deal with the influx of Digimon escaping a devastated Digital World.

Whatever happened to that?

Soooooo I was playing Persona 4 today, and I got to thinking. I'd like to make an original Persona RP. By original, I mean different from P3 and P4. A sorta P5 if you will. Now like P4, the plot isn't going to verge on a possible apocalyptic catastrophe, but it's not gonna be without plot either. Unfortunately, so far I don't got a whole lot worked out :/ That's were this comes in though.

So it starts out like so. You're living in sunny Okinawa, Japan. Enjoying your life as a teenager (older characters are fine too) When suddenly, some strange thing happens in the city (name has yet to be decided). People from your Kuromudo Highschool are going to sleep, then simply slipping into a coma. Now if it were one student, it'd be horrible, but normal with proper medical history. Two, that could be coincidence, but now five students are in comas. Furthermore, every one of the coma victims reports having had the same strange dream the night before. They're walking through the streets of their city, then they're assailed by vicious monsters.

As a Persona fan or anyone with common sense really, you can probably assume that the dreams have something to do with it. And it does. An old urban myth has begun circulating around the city. Rumor is, if you look into a mirror at midnight with one eye (this may and hopefully will change by the way, except the mirror part), while nobody else is around, you'll enter a mirrored reality when you sleep. Not just a mirrored reality though. This version is much darker. And resembles your hometown after a war went through it. This world... is yet to be named... if not something to do with mirrors, then probably just Yomi.

Still working on how people get there together, but so far this is what I got :/ I did say it needed development.

Soooooo I was playing Persona 4 today, and I got to thinking. I'd like to make an original Persona RP. By original, I mean different from P3 and P4. A sorta P6 if you will. Now like P4, the plot isn't going to verge on a possible apocalyptic catastrophe, but it's not gonna be without plot either. Unfortunately, so far I don't got a whole lot worked out :/ That's were this comes in though.

So it starts out like so. You're living in sunny Okinawa, Japan. Enjoying your life as a teenager (older characters are fine too) When suddenly, some strange thing happens in the city (name has yet to be decided). People from your Kuromudo Highschool are going to sleep, then simply slipping into a coma. Now if it were one student, it'd be horrible, but normal with proper medical history. Two, that could be coincidence, but now five students are in comas. Furthermore, every one of the coma victims reports having had the same strange dream the night before. They're walking through the streets of their city, then they're assailed by vicious monsters.

As a Persona fan or anyone with common sense really, you can probably assume that the dreams have something to do with it. And it does. An old urban myth has begun circulating around the city. Rumor is, if you look into a mirror at midnight with one eye (this may and hopefully will change by the way, except the mirror part), while nobody else is around, you'll enter a mirrored reality when you sleep. Not just a mirrored reality though. This version is much darker. And resembles your hometown after a war went through it. This world... is yet to be named... if not something to do with mirrors, then probably just Yomi.

Still working on how people get there together, but so far this is what I got :/ I did say it needed development.

Fixed. There's already a Persona 5 under development.

Also... you are gonna hold off the OOC Thread wait until my Persona RP dies, right? I'd rather not have it murdered by some new one before I've even managed to start it =/

so... I basically got the idea of turning the 'Charmer' cards from Yu-Gi-Oh! into a fantasy related RP (i.e. no children's card game or card games on motorcycles). It's set in contemporary times, in our world so everything is just as mundane and regular as we know it... except for the fact that magic actually still exists but it's all kept hidden from society, those who practice it are part of a secret society in a way.

here's what I have thought of so far (which is not much)

Neo-Charmers

Every generation has Charmers, six young men and women that have the power to control one of the six elements, keeping the world safe from the evils that constantly threaten to overtake the earth.

This has been the way that we have operated for over a millennia now, ever since Doriado first blessed the original Charmers with their powers, but the world is a different place nowadays. Magic has no place in society any more and those that still practice it are doing so in secrecy, keeping it hidden from the rest of the world. It's for the best it was said, if they don't know what walks among them, what dangers that are out there, they will be living a happier life...

The time has come for the next generation of Charmers to take over the duties of protecting the world from evil. Six young men and women being granted wonderful powers and access to a secret world filled with wonders and dangers.

Other thoughts:

I am thinking of using Yu-Gi-Oh! as a source for inspiration, it's just that it won't be used in the conventional way. Spells and Traps can serve as inspiration for spells that the character's can use while monsters could be enemies and familiars.

Magic will also be quite weak in the RP, which is why there are six of them to work together against the enemies because alone they would most likely get slaughtered.

I am thinking of how characters other than charmers could be included to the RP, otherwise it would only allow for 5 players (excluding myself). So far I am at loss :L

Ah thanks Hydra :) The idea came to me as I randomly thought of the Charmers and then watched a Secret Circle episode ^^

Not yet, everything is still mostly in the idea stage, will be planning it quite slowly I think as I am working on a Medieval/Pokemon RP with KC as well :)

I also need to figure out a way for the battles etc to work in it as I don't want it to simply become spamming spells and saying dodge. Will probably try to think of some kind of system where you use costs or similar to use the spells (i.e. MP) and possibly even implement points for health (HP) and other things as well.

I also need to decide how many spells a charmer can have, for the moment I have set out 3 (charm, spirit art and one custom), but I may increase it to 4.

I have an idea for a YGO RP.

Years ago, the government of Japan collapsed, and Neo Domino, a powerful city-state, rose to try and fill in the void left by the destruction of Tokyo. When the rest of the nation refused, Neo Domino deployed troops and mutant monsters to establish their rule. They split the nation of Japan into 12 military districts, and decreed that each district must submit a young man and woman in order to duke it out on the deadly island of Satellite using children's trading cards. Out of the 24 contestants, only 1 would leave the island alive, as the Life Points of a contestant represented his or her own life. Starting at 8000 and counting down with each hit, an explosive collar would detonate if a contestant's Life Points reached 0, or they succumbed to the wounds inflicted by their opponents' cards. After 74 years, the time for a new match has arrived.

May the odds be ever in your favor...

With a unique dueling system to boot.

You could try to go for a Life Point-restoring Deck, but an alliance might end you rather quickly. Or you could fill your Deck with Traps to protect yourself. Maybe use a deck that would inflict a lot of damage so your opponent succumbs to his or her wounds.Or simply get out a super-powerful card and walk around with that all the time.

Forming an alliance would be key, but your dueling partners might become your dueling opponents later on. Furthermore, there are automated dueling systems scattered across the island, hidden until activated, and they will either spring a nasty Trap or Traps on you, or won't let you escape until you defeat them.

sounds interesting, only requires people to actually have their characters die in it. My main thought is that it may make a better fan fic than it would an RP... unless you have some kind of idea of how to prevent some RPers to keep their characters alive at all costs making impossibly lucky draws a la Yami.

@my Charmer idea. I'm kind of blocked atm, I've worked in a way so that characters other than Charmers can be included but plotwise I'm a bit stuck. I have contemplated on having it based on 'mini-quests' etc, but I think that would get boring after a while :/

May re-work the idea all together to make another type of Charmer/Magic RP

Thanks, we'll see where it all goes really. The creation of sub categories has lead me to creating a few other magic systems, so far being based on a combination of Basic Elemental Magic, Zodiacs, Tarot, Crystals and the Seven Deadly Sins. The thing is that I think that these forms of magic are even more interesting than the original Charmer idea so I may drop that part in favour of developing an original Magic based RPG.

we'll see though, it might all come together somehow.

Archived