so i herd u liek planning arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an idea for an RP. I want to end my Organization XIII club with a bang, so I decided that, since the club's greatest achievement was a five-part roleplay, a roleplay should be the club's swan song. Of course, the RP is open to anyone, because there are very few members active in the club. The roleplay shall be very loosely based on the excellent TV Tropes they "Friends the High Council", which basically amounts to the idea that every single Disney story is really just chronicling a long war.

That's where the premise for this RP comes in. The Friends On The Other Side from "Princess and the Frog" are the main antagonists in this story, and are led by Chernabog. As the Friends cannot interact with the outside world aside from Bald Mountain and Wonderland, they will act through agents. Players will take the role as either agents or the heroes that combat them. Players can either create their own character, or create an alternate version of a character based on an existing character, although I would prefer any characters based on Kingdom Hearts to be original creations. I am counting subsidiaries in this, so Marvel or any books published under Disney Hyperion, such as Percy Jackson, Peter and the Starcatchers, or Kingdom Keepers, as well as cross-company products such as Kingdom Hearts, which will serve as the inspiration for the setting.

Much like Kingdom Hearts, to make this wacky crossover have a semblance of sense, there will be various worlds that will serve as the places where the action can take place. The plot, which I admit I'm making up as I write this, is that the primary goal of the Friends is pure destruction and conquest across the multiverse.

So, what do you think?

Heroes and Agents could be of any kind, be they either Keyblade Wielders, demigods, a regular human, or even an animal. Both factions can do as they will, but generally the Agents will either start a rampage on their homeworld our journey to other worlds at the Friends' behest. Unlike Kingdom Hearts, I won't be upholding a rule about the characters not being allowed to learn of other worlds.

Because Marvel is an option, participants who choose a Marvel character could begin something like the Ultimate universe, so someone could be playing as Ultimate Ultimate Spider-Man. I am also allowing mashups, but within reason. I don't want to see demigod-Carnage-Heartless.

I don't want to see demigod-Carnage-Heartless.

Why not? That would be hilarious and awesome.

I imagine Hercules merged with the Symbiote and fallen to his own darkness.

But yeah, I'd join almost solely for how great some of the mashups could be. Imagine Captain America wielding a Keyblade and the Sword of the Stone.

...It occurres to me that Kingdom Hearts validates a number of Final Fantasy characters in the mix.

So, characters from animes or creations based off of them count as well? If this intends to be a Mega-Crossover (Ripoff much?), then the only limits on what character a user can have is based on the limits of the knowledge they have on every character they have known from any form of series and how many characters they themselves can manage.

I wouldn't mind joining a mod's RP (Even though I'm part of Hydra's). This in fact sounds like something I could do. If you need a Co-Host, I'm there.

Why not? That would be hilarious and awesome.

I imagine Hercules merged with the Symbiote and fallen to his own darkness.

But yeah, I'd join almost solely for how great some of the mashups could be. Imagine Captain America wielding a Keyblade and the Sword of the Stone.

...It occurres to me that Kingdom Hearts validates a number of Final Fantasy characters in the mix.

That was just an example to make it clear that people shouldn't go too over the top, and I was actually thinking something along the lines of someone making Cletus Kassady a demigod, and then the rest goes exactly how you described. But yes, it would be crazy awesome.

So, characters from animes or creations based off of them count as well? If this intends to be a Mega-Crossover (Ripoff much?), then the only limits on what character a user can have is based on the limits of the knowledge they have on every character they have known from any form of series and how many characters they themselves can manage.

I wouldn't mind joining a mod's RP (Even though I'm part of Hydra's). This in fact sounds like something I could do. If you need a Co-Host, I'm there.

That depends on what you mean by an anime. I'm aware of the Lilo & Stitch anime, but if you mean something like an anime based on the same story that Disney made an adaptation of, that doesn't count. These must be either products from a company directly owned by Disney, but not simply distributed by them, so Naruto and Digimon are out of the question, because then things might begin to get too ridiculous even for this. Also, since Hydra pointed out before I remembered to, Final Fantasy characters are allowed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of doing a Duel Academy RP where a sub-dorm Wicked Black has just been opened on the academy and the other students have to stop them from resurrecting an ancient evil I haven't decided on yet. The Wicked dorm uses cards of darkness which work similar to numbers in how they effect their owners, and as a sub-dorm they have members in each dorm but they wear a special uniform which is similar to the white and blue uniform Zane, Atticus, and the girls wore. The Wicked sub-dorm will try to both bring the best students of the academy to their side and steal the souls of the rest to summon the as of yet unknown evil, I'll also have all current card types in it so you can use both Synchro and Xyz monsters, along with things like armor monsters and other anime only cards.

So i got to thinking, and it's been a while since we saw a good Deathnote rp.

So it's been about 10 years since Light Yagami, more well known as Kira, ended his reign with his death. As his body hit the floor, the entire world, all of whom lived in fear of being deemed unworthy by him and dying, finally managed to breathe a sigh of relief. Well, by now things have basically gone back to normal, criminals kill again, people do as they please, etc. However, recently, a large number of deaths, similar to the Kira killings have been reported world wide. Victims who were otherwise young and healthy suddenly dying of heart attacks, others leaving strange cryptic messages each with a different code behind just before seemingly untimely deaths. But could it really be Kira? The one responsible for all the deaths 10 years ago? Has another shinigami given their Deathnote to human to use as they see fit? Well that's what one side of the rpers will be trying to discover, meanwhile, the three acting as the new Kira's will attempt to find and kill the detectives. Deciding whether Kira's good or not will be up to the rpers in charge of them. While the rp is going, I plan to treat it like an actual detective case too, so any slip ups on either or any end could result in characters dying. Not sure how long the series would take becauseof this, but hey, it'd be a fun ride.

Posted · Hidden by Hydra of Ages, March 28, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Hydra of Ages, March 28, 2012 - No reason given

So it's been about 10 years since Light Yagami, more well known as Kira, ended his reign with his death. As his body hit the floor, the entire world, all of whom lived in fear of being deemed unworthy by him and dying, finally managed to breathe a sigh of relief. Well, by now things have basically gone back to normal, criminals kill again, people do as they please, etc. However, recently, a large number of deaths, similar to the Kira killings have been reported world wide. Victims who were otherwise young and healthy suddenly dying of heart attacks, others leaving strange cryptic messages each with a different code behind just before seemingly untimely deaths. But could it really be Kira? The one responsible for all the deaths 10 years ago? Has another shinigami given their Deathnote to human to use as they see fit? Well that's what one side of the rpers will be trying to discover, meanwhile, the three acting as the new Kira's will attempt to find and kill the detectives. Deciding whether Kira's good or not will be up to the rpers in charge of them. While the rp is going, I plan to treat it like an actual detective case too, so any slip ups on either or any end could result in characters dying. Not sure how long the series would take becauseof this, but hey, it'd be a fun ride.

2 Things one Captain Britain does not have the Sword in the Stone, he was given the choice between the Amulet of Right and the Sword of Might he choice the amulet and became Captain Britain a member of the interdenominational Captain Britain Corp. Two the school didn't really have a choice like with the white dorm they had enough students wearing the black uniform that it was either let them be their own sub-dorm or have a lot of problems, though the dorm they use was paid for by them, evil can make some money.

Wait, so their choice was give them their dorm, or have a lot of problems.

As opposed to giving them their dorm, and... having a lot of problems, because you fricken' gave transparent villains their own headquarters.

At least the Cult of Light had the decency to mask it as a sort of religious/philosophical thing, and even then it didn't make a terrible lot of sense. Exactly why is "Stealing the souls of students" not an expel-able offence?

They don't just go out and hunt students in broad daylight, they wait until someone is alone and things like that, as far as the school knows they are just a group of students who are really into being goth. Behind the scenes they steal students souls or convert them into members using cards of darkness, maybe I'll have some super Wicked God be what their trying to summon or maybe just a random ancient evil I make up, does anybody have any idea on a fictional ancient evil I can use and of course this means make one up. Actually maybe I could use the titans thanks Kio-kun.

"Sir, it turns out that the weird kids in black who talk about summoning ancient evils and stealing souls actually are stealing souls and summoning ancient evils!"

"You mean the students of Wicked Black who all use evil-themed decks actually are evil? I totally did not see this coming."

Seriously, the main revelation of your story seems to be that the people who act, look and name themselves after evil actually are evil. You might want to rethink this.

They wouldn't go around talking about being evil or doing evil things it would be like the society of light, they'd talk about a grand ambition but not it being anything evil and they wouldn't necessarily have a deck based on being evil most of them would have a card of darkness that they might not use a lot it would affect their personality but it would seem more like they joined a group and ended up changing because of that.

A bunch of ex and current students want to make a sub-dorm whose members would be part of other dorms but would also be in this group if they are let in They are willing to pay for it and there is enough of them that it would cause trouble for the school if they protested so the school lets them. Then a bunch of students start going into commas and the school doesn't know why, now of course they are suspicious of the new sub-dorm but they can't find anything that shows they have any connections to it so if the school tries close it down they would have problems. So it will be up to the students and maybe some of the teachers to find out what is going on and try to stop it, and of course the Wicked dorm will try to stop them.

Really you guys are getting to tied up on the evil black dorm and try helping me think of something evil they want to call.

That would still raise a lot of eyebrows. Because, y'know, sudden and similar changes in personality by a percentage of the student body doesn't usually go unnoticed. Also, how the hell would they get enough funds to even build and organize a separate dorm on school grounds, especially with that kind of name and goal? (And of course we're gonna get hung up on it. It's 90% of your RP right there, and if that doesn't make sense, it isn't going to work.)

Archived