The story of my faith

Do you believe my story of faith?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you believe my story of faith?

• Wow, that's an incredible story. If that's really what happened, then maybe I should start having faith in my cards, too.
    • So that's why you have faith in the spirit of your cards. It's definately Interesting to say the least.
    • I'm not sure if I want to believe that story or not.
    • Is this some type of joke or something? This has got to be worst story i've ever heard. You are a idiot for believing in such a thing.
    • Oh my god. You are a complete Idiot. Because cards don't have spirits, they're just pieces paper and nothing more.

Some of you out there are wondering why I'm a duelist who has faith in cards to achieve victory. Some of you probably don't care. Well, i'm gonna explain to you why i'm a duelist of faith.

A lot of you will probably be thinking that this is nothing more than a big fat lie. Some of you might think it's the truth. And some of you will probably think i'm a complete idiot who believes in this type of stuff. But weather you believe it to be a lie or the Truth, it's a piece of my life that i'll never forget, and i'll never turn away from it.

But regardless of what everyone thinks, Here it is;

[spoiler=The story of my Faith]When I first started playing this card game, I lost every duel I had, even when I had all the best cards and everything. I didn't won a single duel for 6 years straight.

I thought I would never win any duels, until one night I had a dream that I was in the spirit of world, and everywhere around me there were Yugioh Monsters. I appeared to be in some kind of Council meeting, surrounded by the strongest of monsters.

I questioned them as to why I wasn't winning any of my duels. They told me that I wasn't winning because I didn't have any faith in my cards, and that I need to find that faith before I could win any duels. I asked them how I could find that faith, and they told me that it was something I had to discover myself. That's when I woke up.

At first I thought I was dreaming, then when I looked in front of me, I saw my Deck was on the bed. I don't know if I was more scared or surprised to see it there, especially since I locked my Deck away in my Personal Safe before I went to bed, and I was the only one in the family who knew the password. I assumed it was just coincidence.

One day at school while I was dueling my friend, I was near the point of losing, when I heard a voice in my head. It said "Find your Faith." I thought it might've been my sister that was speaking to me, but she was on the other side of the room while it was going on. When I reached out to draw my card, I heard the voice again saying the same thing.

I basicly figured if i'm gonna keep hearing this voice to tell me to get my faith, I might as well start having faith in my cards. In that moment, I started to believe in the spirit of my cards, and have faith in my next draw. When I drew my card in that moment, everything turned around, and a few turns later my opponent lost, and I won a duel for the very first time.

From that day forward I vowed that I would have faith my cards, no matter what the result of any duel i'm apart of is. Ever since that day, I went from being the worst duelist ever known to being one of best in my town. Now I win about 70% of all the duels i'm apart of.

And that's all there is to it. And like I said before, weather you believe it to be a lie or the truth, it's a piece of my life that i'll never forget, and i'll never turn away from it. So call me a idiot if you want, but it won't change what I believe.

Why the f*** did you need to re-post this? Wasn't it enough for you to post it in the "Your Yugi Moments" thread? Are you THAT much of an attention whore?

I don't know what you mean by "Attention Whore," but i'm going to assume that it was an insult.

And the reason I posted it on here was because I wanted share my information with more people. Plus, I wanted on it's own personal topic so I can add it to my Signature.

@Griffin: congrats on 3000! XD

@Xander: If you think he is an attention whore, why give him attention?

@Ragnus: I believe more in the mind's interpretation of dreams/events and one "making thier own Happiness" thing. I do admit that if this is truly what's in your heart, then at the very least it took guts to make a poll about it since I will bet that most will not agree with you.

besides if you wanted to be an attention whore, there are far better ways of doing it.

This reminds me of how I achieved enlightenment for the first time.

I was at my school, in math class, watching a duel between two of my friends. This was back in 2007, so one of them was using Perfect Circle Monarchs and the other was using Diamond Dude Turbo. The former Tributed his Treeborn Frog to Tribute Summon Raiza the Storm Monarch. Suddenly, I started feeling dizzy. I put my head down on my desk for a moment, trying to get my bearings, but it didn't work. I believe it was at that point that I passed out.

I found myself in a grand throne room filled with various Warriors - mostly medieval-themed Warriors like swordsmen, but also some stranger ones like the Elemental Heroes. The great hall began to clear as the marched out. At the end of the room sat a man that I recognized as King's Knight on his throne, with Queen's Knight at his side. Stepping up to him, I asked him where his army was going.

He explained that they were making war on Sangan and Treeborn Frog, for their presence created a great detriment to the state of the world and so they needed to be banned. As I was then a novice, I had no understanding of why this was, and I said as much. King's Knight sighed, then told me that I needed to undergo training to correct this weakness of mine. Queen's Knight called over their servant, Jack's Knight, and ordered him to teach me the way of the cards.

Jack's Knight brought me to the courtyard and handed me a Divine Sword - Phoenix Blade. He told me to strike at him with it. I clumsily attacked, and he easily parried. "Again," he said, and again, I attacked, and again, he easily blocked. He explained to me that Divine Sword - Phoenix Blade lacked its great power because, in the previous war, the armies of King's Knight and rival king Zaborg the Thunder Monarch had laid siege to the different dimension and completely sealed away the Dimension Fusion, in the process draining the Phoenix Blade of its power because the broken part of the combo was eliminated.

Night began to fall, so he lead me back into the castle and down a dark staircase into the dungeon. In the dim light of the torches I could make out the forms of the Magical Scientist and Chaos Sorcerer - criminals, Jack's Knight told me, locked away to prevent them from ever damaging the world again. Passing them, we entered a large, round, stone-walled chamber with only a small wooden table in the center of the room, bearing two decks of cards. "This," the knight explained, "Will grant you full knowledge of cards and of the universe." Sitting down on the other side of the table, he fought off the darkness by lighting a candle. Jack's Knight suddenly produced something I had never expected to see in this w

I was at my school' date=' in math class, watching a duel between two of my friends. This was back in 2007, so one of them was using Perfect Circle Monarchs and the other was using Diamond Dude Turbo. The former Tributed his Treeborn Frog to Tribute Summon Raiza the Storm Monarch. Suddenly, I started feeling dizzy. I put my head down on my desk for a moment, trying to get my bearings, but it didn't work. I believe it was at that point that I passed out.

I found myself in a grand throne room filled with various Warriors - mostly medieval-themed Warriors like swordsmen, but also some stranger ones like the Elemental Heroes. The great hall began to clear as the marched out. At the end of the room sat a man that I recognized as King's Knight on his throne, with Queen's Knight at his side. Stepping up to him, I asked him where his army was going.

He explained that they were making war on Sangan and Treeborn Frog, for their presence created a great detriment to the state of the world and so they needed to be banned. As I was then a novice, I had no understanding of why this was, and I said as much. King's Knight sighed, then told me that I needed to undergo training to correct this weakness of mine. Queen's Knight called over their servant, Jack's Knight, and ordered him to teach me the way of the cards.

Jack's Knight brought me to the courtyard and handed me a Divine Sword - Phoenix Blade. He told me to strike at him with it. I clumsily attacked, and he easily parried. "Again," he said, and again, I attacked, and again, he easily blocked. He explained to me that Divine Sword - Phoenix Blade lacked its great power because, in the previous war, the armies of King's Knight and rival king Zaborg the Thunder Monarch had laid siege to the different dimension and completely sealed away the Dimension Fusion, in the process draining the Phoenix Blade of its power because the broken part of the combo was eliminated.

Night began to fall, so he lead me back into the castle and down a dark staircase into the dungeon. In the dim light of the torches I could make out the forms of the Magical Scientist and Chaos Sorcerer - criminals, Jack's Knight told me, locked away to prevent them from ever damaging the world again. Passing them, we entered a large, round, stone-walled chamber with only a small wooden table in the center of the room, bearing two decks of cards. "This," the knight explained, "Will grant you full knowledge of cards and of the universe." Sitting down on the other side of the table, he fought off the darkness by lighting a candle. Jack's Knight suddenly produced something I had never expected to see in this w

[/quote']

I lol'd, alot. You got me.

nice story

i started playing when the card game came out in japan as M&W and i had a bit of a strange experience like that soon after where i was running through the woods in my back yard and i ran into a big black dog that was just sitting there staring at me. then i passed out for some reason and awoke to find myself in a giant room coverd in shadows. there were many weird creatures and people there, most of witch i couldn't tell who they were. then i started wondering around the place constantly hearing "Believe, Believe". Next thing i know something jumps at my and i wake up to find a small wooden book in front of me. when i opened it, it turned out to actualy be a small box. to this day i continue to believe in my cards and i still use that book to hold my cards.

I was at my school' date=' in math class, watching a duel between two of my friends. This was back in 2007, so one of them was using Perfect Circle Monarchs and the other was using Diamond Dude Turbo. The former Tributed his Treeborn Frog to Tribute Summon Raiza the Storm Monarch. Suddenly, I started feeling dizzy. I put my head down on my desk for a moment, trying to get my bearings, but it didn't work. I believe it was at that point that I passed out.

[/quote']

...this is among the greatest things I have ever read in my life.

Some of you out there are wondering why I'm a duelist who has faith in cards to achieve victory. Some of you probably don't care. Well' date=' i'm gonna explain to you why i'm a duelist of faith.

A lot of you will probably be thinking that this is nothing more than a big fat lie. Some of you might think it's the truth. And some of you will probably think i'm a complete idiot who believes in this type of stuff. But weather you believe it to be a lie or the Truth, it's a piece of my life that i'll never forget, and i'll never turn away from it.

But regardless of what everyone thinks, Here it is;

[spoiler=The story of my Faith']When I first started playing this card game, I lost every duel I had, even when I had all the best cards and everything. I didn't won a single duel for 6 years straight.

I thought I would never win any duels, until one night I had a dream that I was in the spirit of world, and everywhere around me there were Yugioh Monsters. I appeared to be in some kind of Council meeting, surrounded by the strongest of monsters.

I questioned them as to why I wasn't winning any of my duels. They told me that I wasn't winning because I didn't have any faith in my cards, and that I need to find that faith before I could win any duels. I asked them how I could find that faith, and they told me that it was something I had to discover myself. That's when I woke up.

At first I thought I was dreaming, then when I looked in front of me, I saw my Deck was on the bed. I don't know if I was more scared or surprised to see it there, especially since I locked my Deck away in my Personal Safe before I went to bed, and I was the only one in the family who knew the password. I assumed it was just coincidence.

One day at school while I was dueling my friend, I was near the point of losing, when I heard a voice in my head. It said "Find your Faith." I thought it might've been my sister that was speaking to me, but she was on the other side of the room while it was going on. When I reached out to draw my card, I heard the voice again saying the same thing.

I basicly figured if i'm gonna keep hearing this voice to tell me to get my faith, I might as well start having faith in my cards. In that moment, I started to believe in the spirit of my cards, and have faith in my next draw. When I drew my card in that moment, everything turned around, and a few turns later my opponent lost, and I won a duel for the very first time.

From that day forward I vowed that I would have faith my cards, no matter what the result of any duel i'm apart of is. Ever since that day, I went from being the worst duelist ever known to being one of best in my town. Now I win about 70% of all the duels i'm apart of.

And that's all there is to it. And like I said before, weather you believe it to be a lie or the truth, it's a piece of my life that i'll never forget, and i'll never turn away from it. So call me a idiot if you want, but it won't change what I believe.

I do find this slightly hard to believe, but being virtually humanist, If that is what you believe - thats your choice and no one can call you an idiot. For all they know you may be right.

:D

Anacondas1

I have one issue and only one with your story that hasn't already been said a million times.

Nothing in your story says that you can't improve your deck and have faith in it. That being the case, why are you always denying help in the "Your Deck" section from players 1000x better than you?

Having Faith In Your Cards =/= You Deck Has To Be Filled With Terrible Stuff.

I demand an explanation for this, and I backed up your story so you don't change it and add something like that.

..... It's a fine tale.

Reminds me of this one time.

It wasn't a victory but it'll show that Blakie, though retarded, still has a golden heart.

It was me and blakie vs 504Hustla in a duel. My reactor/burn/stall/psychic deck (yesh, it worked) and Blakie's Beatdown vs 504's God Card Deck. (Yep a fun deck filled with God Cards. We got it's effect from lolwikia.) Everyone had separate life points.

I setted up defense, Blakie went in for the kill. He somehow managed to summon slifer through tokens. Thats when we covered for each other. Blakie couldn't summon anything, so I covered him with Waboku and the such. Then 504 summoned Obelisk. We were screwed. I ran out of defensive cards so I sacrificed myself for Blakie. I had reduced 504's life to 800 thanks to Gift card and simochi with some help from Blakie's assault with the tricky, DM, and Andal. He had nothing to protect himself, so in 1 turn after I died, he died as well. We didn't knew Lightning vortex and the such would work on them at the time. But we worked perfectly as one. We knew what each other was about to do and how to make it moar effective. We worked as well as Luna and Leo in YGO 5Ds vs that one kid with the Infinity monster.

But other wise, guess what's the funked up part?

My next draw after I died was cemetery bomb, 504 had half his deck in his graveyard.

That sucked.

I swear, this topic seems like a non-Neospacian version of when Jaden began dueling again(after he got owned by Aster).

Except Jaden's story with aliens is cooler. Because shut-up.

I didn't won a single duel for 6 years straight.

<3

Now I win about 70% of all the duels i'm apart of.

Rango' date=' tell me something:

Does "Duels im apart of" mean you [i']only[/i] do tag-duels?

And then you only win 70% of those tag duels?

I swear' date=' this topic seems like a non-Neospacian version of when Jaden began dueling again(after he got owned by Aster).

<3

Duels i'm apart of means One on One duels. I've never played a Tag duel before.

I swear' date=' this topic seems like a non-Neospacian version of when Jaden began dueling again(after he got owned by Aster).

<3

Duels i'm apart of means One on One duels. I've never played a Tag duel before.

Then you should have noted that >_____>

Archived