Suggestions - Making the Card Maker Better

This site impressed me alot, and influenced me to start making cards that i always wanted, so i can show to my friends, and other people. But what i noticed some key things that were not on here are just minor touches... nothing entirely big.

Gemini: Gemini monsters, first coming out in the real Yugioh card name in the Tatical Evolution, started a new type of monster. Going on, this new breed of monster cards has seen support in Gladiator's Assault, and to note, further on. There is no function on the Card Maker which changes "Effect" to "Gemini", just in case someone wanted to make one.

The () "Black Period": Monster effects that have different selections, or such as stated earlier, "Gemini" monsters have a Black Period to indicate the start, and the activation of a certain effect. Multiple cards of mine have this, but this just may be me, and i dont realize how to make one, but the only symbol i have for a "Black Period" is this (). The "Black Period" would make a card look much cleaner, and more professional, a simple option to indicate a "Black Period" can be used to be placed anywhere on the text of the cards.

Support for Equaling Very Long Effects: This might just be written in how the Card Maker does it, but whenever a long effect is written in the text box of a card, it turns very small, and crammed up near the top, thus, making it difficult to read the effects. Long effects in the game are skrinked in text, that is agreed, but not to the point where it needs to be crammed, or too small to read. The change of this would be critical for future cards such as Fusions and cards relating to multiple chains.

Freedom to Capitalization and Lower-Case: In the Circulation part of the Card Maker, any typed text is immediately capitalized, along with Maker. In the real card game, these things are usually lower-cased, otherwised saying so. Thinking of the thought, to prevent fake card making and otherwise such, this was a smart idea. Throwing this idea out there to whomever wanted their card to be more realistic.

Union Monsters: Union Monsters made their first appearence in Magician's Force. They, not following effects for themselves, but for other cards, have gave support to future cards, counting from the release to Gladiator's Assault with Spirit of the Six Samurai. The word Union replaced the word Effect in the text box of the card. Card Maker does not have this, and to whomever wishes to make a Union card can't do so.

NEW) Support for Better Rarity: Certain cards have Rarity meaning in the real card game. Simple rares have a silver shiny title name, Super Rares, on the pictures and on some part, is holographic, Secret Rares, which have a silver/rainbowish color in their title name and either (Forgot what they techinally call them.. but i'll put them to my best ability) have + shaped holographic running in the picture, or a downwards seperately holographic parts in the picture, and Ultra rare, with gold title name and holographic pictures. Then came Ultimate Rare, first orginating in Soul of the Duelist, made the borders of the picture, and the attribute "Bolded, and the title name gold. The picture was bolded and covered in holographic gold. Ghost Rares, following the highest rarity, turned the entire picture White, with being positioned in a certain way in light, made the picture appear with an appealing rainbow shine, with the title name a ghost white shine. Support for making these rarities look more realistic (Ghost would be hard to pull off...) would be very nice.

NEW) Different "EFFECTS": The creation of another person's idea, the idea of making a new card, like the real card game did with "Gemini" and "Union" monsters should also be altered. Instead of the word Effect being there, they can still have the orange card, but have a new text box below "Change Effect Name", to state what name they want in place of it. This also relating to an easier solution for "Gemini" and "Union" monster problem. "Toon" monsters can also be used to place here.

NEW) Tag Sticker: The Tag Sticker, as I call it (the little Yugioh sticker at the lower right corner of a yugioh card.) is there to make definete sure it isn't fake, and an official yugioh card. The sticker, on the Card Maker, is a silver. 1st Edition cards, and promotional cards in the real game have a gold sticker, and 2nd editions have silver stickers. Thus, a new option should be available, where 1 can click "1st Edition sticker", so that the card is identified as Limited Edition, 1st Edition, ETC. 1st edition stickers should be colored gold, and if one doesnt want it, and they want the original silver sticker, they simply dont click on it.

Newest!) Synchro Monsters: Synchro Monsters are a new breed of monsters, with the borders, or back drop of the color of the card White. Taking for granted that Fusion Monsters are Darkish Purple, Traps are Lighter Purple, etc, etc. Synchro Monsters are soon to be released in 2008, and will completely revolutionize the stragety of the game, adding not only power to those who wait for it, but also come in the right time if they run into trouble. A customization for this immediate popularity into making them would be demanding, and should be quite simple to create, after, and possibly before the release of the Synchro Cards.

Newest!) Token Cards: Token Cards, first being created for the fun and promotion for the Tribute to Scapegoats, are now charactherized for making more Token Cards for those cards that Special Summon them. The only changes in it would have to be that the Back drop color, or border color is changed to grey, and if the creator wants to, they can make it authentic, and say "This card cannot be in a Deck. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of Etc. Etc. This card can't be Tributed, Attack, Etc. Etc." And either have the choice to remove the typing, stars, ATK, DEF, and other normal monster charatheristics, or put them their. This would expand interest in many major card makers, and demostrate a cleaner view to those who make a few.

OUTSIDE THE CARD MAKER

The only other idea I have, that does not relate to the Card Maker system is this idea...

Visiting and Organization: People who make extremely large batches of cards (Such as I) would love to show everyone all their creations. However, the hassle of putting all these cards on a Topic or such, is a long hassle, and can cram useful space. Thats why, I thought of a unique idea, which can be tweaked by other peoples idea. By asking a person in private message their permission, or by leading them to a link, they are allowed to go to the "Card Maker" system of that person, and look at the list of cards they made in full detail. However, thats the only thing they can do, they cannot delete, change, make new, or mess with any of the owner's settings whilist "Visiting." They can also lead this with a thread, with a poll to rate certain cards. They can also, leading to the Organization, rate different cards, card series (packs), card sets, Decks, and much more.

Also, organization. People (again, like me) create pack related cards (000 to 100, or ETC. one card is 001, 002, 003, so on so forth), which get very messing just jumbled up with the rest of the cards. I thought, there should be a system where you could make a "Folder" within this. Catagorize which card should be placed (Alpha, number, ETC), and to still view the "General Folder" which still has every recorded and saved card you made in a jumbled mess of alpha organized. Whenever you delete a card from the "General Folder", cards of the same name existing in another, or different "Folder" will also get deleted. This can also be listed under like, a card set, card pack, Deck, alot of other possibilities the maker can make, so they can show everyone their cards much easier, and even make a rating system, just like stated in visting. Both these things have alot more then common then ever.

Mature Conversations and Grammar choice: (Please grant Arpeejajo all credit to this) Between conflicts of proper grammar and maturity has come to an idea that can give people "The real answers and questions and replys" they desire. Sometimes, people would expect to rate/ talk / discuss/ debate/ take action on each other's deck's, ideas, fan fics, completed sets, and anything possible with the sincerest and upmost respect from the other person. If a person so desires any "short" replys, only discussing just a few words, or how much it doesn't agree/ or agree with them, that is exactly not too helpful. Due to the want of some real talking, an idea was brought up to prompt anyone on any topic whenever it only wants attendance by "Mature conversations and grammar." Meaning, the author of the topic only desires real feedback, proper talking, and only for the mature to reply. If any... other reply comes up, such as 1337 speaking, using internet slang heavily, flaming one another, very short replys, not constructed responses, and or spam can be considered as a serious problem to those who desire to socialize with people who are, and moderators can take anything that is being brought against the chosen option is being taken against the forums itself. If they want to allow all talk, they can decide not to select the option. This can be very easy to do, as this can be presented just as the request of a simple poll, a simple anagram of MCAG can represent Mature Conversation and Grammar only.

Thank you for looking over these, any who agrees, or has comments, please leave them. Maybe in the future, we can see some great changes to the Forum, Card Maker, and how we all connect.

Tyrantking10

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're welcome. Anyways, the ideas you wish to have implemented into the Card Maker should take a while. But really, this wasn't wasting your time when you made this, because, I figure that, with this, YCMaker (site creator) could easily understand what the people of the YCM forums want implemented.

Thanks...It wasn't any trouble for me at all. I just finished Critical War (second pack) and wanted to take a break by going to the forums... after waiting a while till a response came, i started to work on my third pack, Underworld Palaces. Enough of that, which isn't on topic, Which one of the things, if they only have to choose one, would you favor more?

The Bump is just to get people to see that any topic, such as this one that has gotten this far should show people that this can contribute to many ideas. What new ideas can we get if people don't see that we really want these things to pass? Im just waiting for peoples comments and ideas to build on this, before i think of other contributions myself.

YCMaker... absolute honor to have not only you aboard, but to look this over. I hope, certainly these and other ideas can make this forum and the system alot better. Thank you very, very much.

To say, I admire, and look up at you for making every last bit of this possible, and i am in deep gratitude, upmost respect to say.

Thank you again.

Archived