Suggestions - Making the Card Maker Better

To Lord Caim9: You have been the most constructive and helpful questioneer and aid. I do like the idea of complete customization, a lot. its just that many things can get extremely confusing for people, since many people would be doing this, and their colors might not represent another person's meaning of that certain card. It can also lead away from the reality of the original Yugioh game and turn completely akward and something of a fantasy. However, if there were to be more support, i would glady place this up. As for the different signs, it can also interperete many things as well. For people who don't know this sort of stuff, it can distract them and confuse them, therefore uninterested in the card in the long shot. Yes, that bullet i've seen, as that is the closest we got for putting in for the black perioud. However, I wish for the "Official and formal" one that the yugioh literature uses. Thank you a lot for every you said though. it did not certainly go to waste, as everything does need ironing out.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know its completely unrealistic... but, and i think i said this, i was makeing a red dragon card, and wanted it to be like slifers backround...

Also yeah, the complete customization would be a little confuseing, but (forgive me but i forget) the maker YCM(i think) could break off two versions, a simple, realistic version. and a complex, completely customizable version as for finding a better dot... try... the charecter map, in diffrent fonts or languages... ive personaly ha a few Japanese kanji work for my cards(like 3 out of the billion ive tried...) and each one was worthless so its hardly worth mentioning, but they have individual symbols and things too... doubt it, but webdings might work...(havent tried, and dont have time to try personaly)

As for random symbols... if you are just being a noob trying to portray to your friends the awesomeness of... say... chuck norris... i think the more away from realistic you make the card seem, the more it adds to 1. the joke 2. the sense of awesomeness one may develope towords chuck and 3. it could be taken as unrealisticly powerful(laugh)

Then again, its just cards, and not even physical cards at most.

Perhaps ill create a real card, and replace the stars with counter- symbols, and spread it round saying i gotted a misprint... an obvious lie to anyone who has used this, but the quality of this site makes it quite believable to anyone else. well at that ill have to cut this message at its end, good day, and happy ones to come to you sirs, and ma'ams.

oh and i just had thought

It would make my idea less realistic, but quite a few people on here make unrealistic cards anyway...

In addition to the regular card colors (normal monster yellow, effect mon. orange, slifer red, ritual blue, spell green, ect) one could add additonal colors.

Yeah this seems crazy, or just useless, but regardless of weather i use it or not, i just like haveing the option to do it my way. im sure everyone feals that way to some extent

Besides if i were aiming to make a Real looking, or playable card, i would use a more realistic approach, takeing on the regular "effect skin" for an effect monster and so on... so in the end(and yes i know mr YCM has a life outside of this, or very most likely and i deeply respect that he even takes time to make this) how much would the full custimization be used, except in jokes, or other means of conveying some "deep message" in a card.

Oh and 1 more thought, along with the standard American card setup, perhaps you could include the japanese standard too?

(the one where attack is on top of defense, instead of next to eachother? of course this is aimed more at verticaly written languages, like japanese, which would also be nice if the card maker could read, and display japanese, chinese, and possibly more characters... just a cool touch... especialy to one who could read japanese or chinese, or other symbol languages.)

Thank you for your time.

The thing that I would like to see is where you choose what kind of card

it is (monster, magic, trap) but that doesn't change the backdrop.

They should have a separate thing for the card color.

I know this was sorta kinda already suggested, but I wanted to show my support for it.

Wow... two replies for major support again for total customization, and another for different colored back drops. Along with a new "Japan" card idea. Thank you two gentlemen for explaining your reasons and your sincere support, and i shall take deep note on this. I will, as soon as possible, release new support of "Full Customization, Differenet Backdrops, and Japanese Form." However, for the first two would need solutions for controlling confusion amongst the users of this forum. It wouldn't be enjoyable to interperet one thing, and then have to realize that you need to take in mind, that 50 different people's are going to explain what theirs mean, and its really a bothersome. To anyone who supports again and or has a solution, i'll definetely take the time to go over and over ideas on how to work this out. As for the Japan Mode, that would seem quite entertaining to do, its the interest and support that is just needed for this to be displayed.

Thank you deeply both for your time.

Grawr.

A thing I've noticed--and this may just be my ignorance--but when you make a sub-type monster (Gemini, Toon, etc.), how do you make the "Effect" part disappear without changing the monster to a normal monster?

Also... what are the card dimensions os a real card, so if I wanted to be dumb and print this out and paste it onto a real card and pretend the card actually exists, I could?

You would have to obtain someone with a good skill onto putting such things like that on a card in order to have that, otherwise you can't.

For your second thing, there are different posts around with the correct dimensions/measurments of a yugioh card, but i know nothing of how to print it like that. (would be facisnating if i knew how to do that ;) ) Thank you for your feedback.

well im still here...

Im sure this has been mentioned(maybe) but fonts... Italics, bold, signature, type writer, ect.

I think up ideas.

Oh as for symbols in the text... (i havent tried, but it probly doesnt allow) Webdings and wingdings symbols... more options with inserting the picture woul be nice...

oh and perhaps some kind of online paint, with more options than paint, like half of photoshop. now Alot of cards look nice, but some are to vibrant and sharp to be considered real card material(when condensed to the size of a real card, the imagry would look muddy) so perhaps some type of de-sharping tool to the image in this 'paint-shop' program.

and some type of image Database might be nice... like say you want to look up dragons(specificaly ones that would look good on a card) well searching photo bucket/image shack could take as much as 20 minutes to find a decent pic. so if people upload their images here, it would obviously be better quality picture, or a better angle, ect. then haveing to search

As for the forums... perhaps a live chat forum? some of us dont have and are to lazy to get and install and ect. a msn or yahoo chat whatever. so some kind of live chat forum. good for card battles, quick responses, among other things...

There i go again... makeing useless suggestions... but it seems you liked some of my suggestions...

well im spent fo this round.

Lord Caim, to the concern of your message that brought up most attention was indeed NOT unless suggestions. In fact, you enlightend me on what you wish, and what others wish to have accomplish to have complete "free will" and customization via Card Maker. I actually do, personally support a Live Chat up most in "My" aspect of what to be accomplished first or what not, but i support all of them equally. I take every word into full account honestly. Again, the only real concern is confusion with all these different meanings and the sort. The idea about an Image Database would be a very nice touch, as everyone can use sources from there... but thats the problem... for as many people will be using this... and the picture will start to actual lose interest and value. I completely support the Live Chat Forum, as I see no visual, or literal problem other then the back-breaking time and effort needed to creating this in the first place. As for the dueling part on it, people can just lie =P. Like before, none of your ideas are useless, i want to wait for someone come along, and help out with these promising suggestions.

No, it was never suggested until now. That idea seems to be famous already amongst people who have the skill to customly do it on their own. Although the new freshness of it might bring dire attention, it strays towards again to slight confusion of the dynamics of the card. (Half Trap and Half Monster Effect... yeah.. your going to have to explain a lot, or do little with that type of situation to try and get around the cofusion of them.) Not a bad idea at all, although more support would be needed for this sort of thing.

checking in.

and im all up for the idea of makeing it half of a magic and half of a monster...

maybe even doing it in fourths...

but, you're right. it would be confuseing. you wouldnt so much be looking at the card, but at the fact that "What the hell!? its got 4 freaking colors!?"

I Might have mentioned this...

But perhaps a "Pack Maker" similar to the card maker, but with the Yugioh packs so one would not have to take a few crash courses with a graphic design program.

That strays away from card makeing a little, but it has a close relation to the cards anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear lord, i have to apologize for being away for so very very long. I do hope people haven't given up on me (or this ol post.) A Pack Maker would be one of the most best outside suggestions yet, as much much people do not have to worry other people making their packs and "Altering it to their favor." And, to add onto your idea, it can be completely customized with back drop color, font, (Including the real yugioh font) and all of that jazz. Excellent suggestion. ;) To the extent, anymore support or suggestions on "Pack Maker" would be advised to go ahead and say it, for i myself approve this greatly.

• 7 months later...

Just want to acknowledge that I've read your post' date=' and will definitely take your ideas into consideration.

[/quote']

Mr. Administrator, PLEASE allow us to add Bullet points to cards soon! PLEASE! We all need them, a Subtype Chooser and more to make better cards! seen Morphtronics? Toon/Gemini/Union Monsters? We find it real difficult to make these on GIMP or photoshop...*Begs for eternity*

Archived