Field Spell contest [Finished]

-Griffin

Contest brief:

A gaming magazine has made a deal with Konami to include a promo card in their next issue. The magazine will be published in TCG and OCG areas. Your job is to design the card, which must be a field spell.

Single Round

No entry fee

End Date: When I say so, probably ~6 contestants.

Prizes: A total of 6 Reps, distributed as I please.

Rules: Common sense.

Criteria:

Balance&Playability: /50

Written Cards are accepted.

How your card creates variants on existing Decks, creates new Decks entirely, or helps existing Decks to change their playstyle and use new tech will be considered heavily in playability. I'm not perfect, if you think I might miss out a use, mention it.

Cards via post or PM, but post to say you've entered 'cus I like bumps.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, ill enter.

Ill post my entry because i find it easier.

351037e.jpg

Lore:

Whenever either player Synchro Summons a Synchro Monster Card, remove the Synchro Material Monsters from play and place 1 Synchrocity Counter on this card (max.3). Once per turn, the controller of this card can remove Synchrocity Counters from this card to activate the appropriate effect based upon the amount of Synchrocity Counters they removed:

●1 Counter - Destroy 1 card on the field.

●2 Counters - Special Summon 1 Synchro Material Monster that is removed from play, it's effect(s) is negated.

●3 Counters - Select 1 monster your opponent controls. Send it to the Graveyard and Special Summon 1 Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck whose Level is equal to the Level of the monster that was sent to the Graveyard +3.

Obviously built to counter the Synchro Heavy Decks.

i.e Rescue Cat, Flamvells etc....

also works with them....

Here's my entry. It's for temp. field lockdown & to help Psychic Decks.

eansc6.jpg

Lore: When this card is activated, all Psychic-Type on the field cannot attack or be attacked. You can pay 500 Life Points to destroy this card and remove it from play. When this card is removed from the field, all Psychic-Type monsters on the field gain 200 ATK x the number of turns this card was on the field.

Playbook:

Psychics have unique effects that work with one another. Since it's the newest type, it has little support compared to almost all other types. A field spell that increases that ATK of Psychics can be very useful to overpower the opponent and regain control if in a tight spot during a duel. Since Psychic monsters can't attack or be attacked, it's a pretty good temp. field lockdown until you're satisfied with the boost your Psychics recieve.

EDIT: Adding Lore and Playbook.

no entry fee?, i'm in

129512.jpg

[spoiler=card lore] As long this card face up on the field all Spell and Trap card is destroyed after the End Phase of the turn its activated (Except this card).When this card is activated, place number of Life Counter on all face-up monster on the field equal than number of level of the monster.Each time a monster is Summoned, place number of Life Counter on the Summoned monster equal than number of Level of the Summoned monster.During either player's End Phase, remove 1 Life Counter on all monster on the field. If the number of Life Counter on a monster on the field is 0. Send the monster to Graveyard.

I'm in with a written card:

I always wondered where is this "Ice Barrier" that tons of monsters come from, so finally here is it:

Name: The Ice Barrier

Secret Rare

Spell card

Type: Field

Effect: Only 1 non-"Ice Barrier" monster can be Normal or Special Summoned each turn. "Ice Barrier" monsters do not require another "Ice Barrier" monster on the field to activate their effects. While an "Ice Barrier" monster is face-up on the field, this card cannot be destroyed.

Playbook:

Following the restrictive theme of the "Ice Barriers", their own Field Spell allows them to gain even more control of the field. In addition, this card allows most "Ice Barriers" to activate their effects even when they normally need another "Ice Barrier" on the field.

EDIT:

Playbook added

[align=center][spoiler=My Card]25511hr.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]Activate only when there are 15 or more cards in each player's Deck and each player controls 1 or more monsters. You cannot activate this card if you control more monsters than your opponent. When this card is activated, each player removes from play face-down the top 6 cards of their Deck. Monsters cannot attack players directly. Both players can only attack with 1 monster during their respective Battle Phases. When a monster attacks, if the attack target is not destroyed by battle, destroy the attacking monster. If a monster is attacked but not destroyed, it loses ATK if in Attack Position or DEF if in Defense Position equal to the ATK of the attacking monster. When a monster is destroyed by battle, its owner's opponent can randomly add 1 of their cards removed from play by this card's effect to their hand. If a player controls no monsters, they lose the duel. If a player moves all cards removed from play by this card's effect to their hand, they win the duel.

[/align]

Liek A Baws?

211861o.jpg

This card is treated as a Field Spell Card. This card can only be activated when there are 4(or more) Level 8 or higher monsters on the field. When this card is activated, place it face-up in the Field Spell Card Zone and destroy every other card on the field except monsters Level 8 or higher. As long as this card is active, all Level 8 and above monsters ATK/DEF are lowered by 1000. No cards can be played unless they are Level 8 or above. No Tributes are required and all Monster Effects are negated.

78876k.jpg

While this card is on the field, Plant-Type monsters cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 Plant-Type monster you control. During your 3rd Standby Phase, if the Tributed monster is still in the Graveyard, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of the Tributed monster. Then Special Summon the Tributed monster. There can only be 1 monster in the Graveyard via this cards effect at a time.

I tried to prevent Gigaplant abuse. I don't know if I succeeded.

Playbook

I don't really know, but I guess this can be used with the many Tokens that Plant decks generate, and then for "surprise" Synchroes.

I hope that I can join to the contest.

14119r.jpg

[spoiler=Playbook]

This card works perfectly with Warriors, and it creates also a new kind of Deck too. This card is not just increasing the ATK of Warrior-Type monsters, but with this card you can make a Deck with cards which are send Warriors to the Graveyard, and you can resurrect them from there (cards like this card and Junk Synchron). This card is also works well with Solidarity-Warrior Decks.

[spoiler=Card Lore]

If either players have only Warrior-Type monsters in either player's Graveyard, that player's face-up Warrior-Type monsters gain 400 ATK. When this face-up card is sent to the Graveyard by a card effect that your opponent controls, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Warrior-Type monster from your Graveyard.

How your card creates variants on existing Decks' date=' creates new Decks entirely, or helps existing Decks to change their playstyle and use new tech will be considered heavily in playability. I'm not perfect, [b']if you think I might miss out a use, mention it.[/b]

Saying exactly what cards you intend yours to work with is important here.

Core Power-Up

Field Spell Card

All face-up "Koa'ki Meiru" gain 300 ATK and DEF. "Koa'ki Meiru" monsters cannot be destroyed during the End Phase. When "Koa'ki Meiru" monster is destroyed, you can add 1 "Koa'ki Meiru" monster from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, you can discard 1 "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru" to draw 1 card. When this card would be destroyed, you can discard 1 "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru" instead.

Use is rather obvious. You don't have to pay cost, Koa'kis will stay. Gives also draw engine. Can be protected easily. Even if Koa'kis are destroyed via battle/effect, you can add ANY Koa'ki to your hand, so even if your op destroys for example Boulder, you can use its effect to add Iron Core, and the use effect of Core Power-Up to add Maximus, and you have set-up for Maximus for next turn.

[align=center]

I'll give a Try <_<

[spoiler=My Field]

185605p.jpg

Lore:

You can only activated this card by sending 1 "The Sanctuary in the Sky" on the field to the Graveyard. This card name is also treated as "The Sanctuary in the Sky" while on the field. Battle Damage to the controller of a Fairy-Type monster from a battle involving that Fairy-Type monster becomes 0. If your Life Points are lower than your opponent's Life Points, gain Life Points equal to half your Life Points during your opponent's Standby Phase. Once per turn, if a Fairy-Type monster would be destroyed by battle, it is not. During your Draw Phase, you can add 1 Fairy-Type monster from your Graveyard to your hand, instead of conducting your normal draw.

I just wanted to give more playability to the Old Fairy Meta <_< D:

[/align]

Archived