Jappio's Sprites, Splices and Fakemon

Jappio

okay, the only thing about the .gif is that it's too slow. I think you need to speed it up. although I don't make gifs, so I don't know how to do that. but man, I shouldn't be critiquing you, you should be critiquing me. I mean, I'm only as good as I am 'cause of you.

Anyone can critique anyone, it's not a case of them being "better" than you. Also apart from the ankle breaking swing it looks good, but yes it is a bit slow for an "rpg"

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Raizouprogress.png?t=1378007351

Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been working on something, and that's another battle sprite for that RPG I'm working on. This time, it's my character, Raizou.

This is just a little update to show off how it's coming along. I had a few of the different steps copied to the side, so I figured I'd include those too for the people who like to see that type of stuff.

I'm liking how it's coming out. I don't have hands yet, since those have been tough to get right. Obviously saving something like the axe for later. Still lots more to do of course too like animation of him swinging that thing.

Hm, you may be right. Perhaps I should go back and work on it.

It's sort of sad that I get no comments on my serious sprites, but I get them on my joke ones =/

Well in celebration of some people making fun of my sprites on 4chan, here are some new sprites!

Got a new sheet:
3rdGenFakemonSheet9.png

Also I re-organize and filled in the full sheet:
kNNvRQW.png

Hm, not sure how to fix it since it really looks like what I think it's supposed to be. It's a foot by the way. Removing it I feel would take away too much from it's theme I fear.

-------

Well, a bit of work was done on the RPG, in the form of fixing up a sprite:

ezimba15600919200700.gif

Also have a crudely mocked up video of what the sprite will look like in a game (not actually in a game though, this is just a glorified .gif really):

Another sheet complete. I'm actually getting pretty close to finally getting the 2nd run of these guys done (too bad it's taken me so long and I need to again go back and fix a lot of them =/).

3rdGenFakemonSheet10.png

Well before moving onto the details in the animation, I wanted to make sure I have most things in order for the base sprite. I fixed up his shading to better match the style I'm going for. I did a few other tweaks like changing his hand color so he has his gauntlets. I do have a few details I lack in this frame I plan to add later when I'm adding small details (like the chains that cross his chest and the shield on his back).

333kefs.png

I have two just because I wasn't sure which I liked, but thinking about it, I will probably be going with the tanner one.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I got all 6 frames (11 with repeat) completed for the most part. Still have smaller details to work with, like the shading on the axe, adding details like his chains if I can get them to work. Yet that's all minor stuff I'll get to another time. The animation itself though I think is done, at least I'm hoping it is.

Allframes.gif?t=1386285673

This was quite a process to finish, but I'm pretty happy with the result. Probably the best sprite I've done. Sadly I have to keep this up for another 6 characters, and these are just the basic attack animation -_-

• 2 weeks later...

Finally did work with the blur. I also worked on his head too. So, again I'm at a "I think I have it done" stage. If I'm all good at this point, I can go in next to do the finer detailing.

2hckl1d.gif

I really hope the other characters don't end up needing 9 frames of each (16 or so with repeat). So jealous of things that can get away with less.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, been busy on another project, so I haven't had much time with this one. Right now I'm still in the very early stages of the attack I'm doing for Shun-Yu.

ezimba15600971424300.gif

Yes, very choppy and bad, but I just wanted to test out what it might look like. I'm even trying to do a few poses in front of a camera to get all the details I can when I finally move forward with this one.

On a more serious update: I made up the base sprite for Shroomette, the character that may or may not be a rip-off of a certain character. Here she is with the whole gang so far.

2h3pmyf.png

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I haven't been updating, but let's change that. I'm actually getting pretty close to the end with this one.

ezimba15600930969500.gif

Obviously I still need to add things like his ponytail back and you know, detailing those last two frames better. Hopefully I'm on the right track with this sprite.

I also have some more Fakemon here, the last batch of evolutions/splits/babies of older Pokemon.

v6r95e.png

I am now at a point where the last things I have to do are going to be all knew (I've dropped some old designs, so I'm going to be filling those spots with new Fakemon).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, a very minor update for Shun-Yu:
attack-1.gif?t=1393927829

Yet more importantly we have Shroomette! Isn't it cute how she's... spreading spores?
testgif.gif?t=1393927832
Very rough still, going to add a number of extra frames, two to the crouching probably and a few for while she's airborne and such. Also will have to make the spore glitter a little, maybe make some bigger ones.

Archived