Fairy Tail

You're thinking of the Silver Keys. Platinum Keys would be above the Gold Keys, so I doubt there would be those. I'm curious if there's a Chinese Zodiac set of Keys, since I found it a bit too coincidental that Kawazu was a chicken, Yomazu was a dog, and both of them worked for Zoldeo!Capricorn.

I don't particularly mind chapters that jump around. Yes, not much happens, but it actually shows multiple scenarios, eliminating the risk of glossing over them like with Ultear's fight.

In my opinion, Cana lost her chance to become a S-Class mage in this chapter. She doesn't deserve a promotion if she's going to resort to such underhanded techniques.

You're thinking of the Silver Keys. Platinum Keys would be above the Gold Keys, so I doubt there would be those. I'm curious if there's a Chinese Zodiac set of Keys, since I found it a bit too coincidental that Kawazu was a chicken, Yomazu was a dog, and both of them worked for Zoldeo!Capricorn.

I don't particularly mind chapters that jump around. Yes, not much happens, but it actually shows multiple scenarios, eliminating the risk of glossing over them like with Ultear's fight.

In my opinion, Cana lost her chance to become a S-Class mage in this chapter. She doesn't deserve a promotion if she's going to resort to such underhanded techniques.

Yea, that my goof. And I don't mind it jumping that much, since as you said we get to see a little form everyone.

I'm thinking she's trying to protect Lucy, and that's why she put her asleep.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice twist on voodoo dolls. The chapter was good and had some nice fan service cause really, it's Lucy. Yay fan service.

I agree, that was a rather creative use of voodoo dolls.

As for the fanservice, anyone who reads the magazine Fairy Tail comes from in Japan should be desensitized to it by now, thanks to a certain other popular series running in there. As such, Mashima can get away with that much, since it's literally nothing in comparison.

Nice twist on voodoo dolls. The chapter was good and had some nice fan service cause really, it's Lucy. Yay fan service.We also got some character shipping. I like shipping.

Shipping is always non-canon.

ALWAYS.

I agree, that was a rather creative use of voodoo dolls.As for the fanservice, anyone who reads the magazine Fairy Tail comes from in Japan should be desensitized to it by now, thanks to a certain other popular series running in there. As such, Mashima can get away with that much, since it's literally nothing in comparison.

What other series is that?

Oh... that... >____>

Sounds like you've heard of it.

This is normally the part where I ask either what you've heard about it or how far you've read before dropping it like a lot of people, but that would be going off-topic.

Basically, nearly anyone who has read it until the point where the harem stuff isn't as prominent anymore would report that when they see a fanservice scene in other mangas or in later Negima!, they don't even notice the fanservice anymore until someone points it out. That's how far the early Negima! took it. It's the same writer as Love Hina, after all.

EDIT: Air Gear is in Weekly Shounen Magazine. Fairy Tail and Negima! are in Weekly Shounen Sunday. Both are published by Kodansha, but it's a different magazine.

Edited by burnpsy

Wow, didn't know that. Tbh, I'm not too much into ecchi stuff, so I might steer clear, but at the same time, it sounds fairly entertaining.

I don't like Love Hina that much, so I'm not sure if I would enjoy the series or not.

Actually, about that...

When he wrote that manga, he wanted to try his hand at shonen, but his editor wanted another Love Hina from him. So he wrote that manga by making it LOOK like another Love Hina and tossed in HEAPS UPON HEAPS of foreshadowing in there during that part, then pulled off what was probably the best-executed Genre Shift ever, gradually moving over to making combat the focus to the point that it was solidly into the combat shonen manga genre before his editor noticed.

See the spoiler in my sig for a visual example of that.

Basically, if you can get past what he used to fake out his editors, chances are you'll enjoy the plot. I like it because it's one of the few combat-focused manga I see with a solid plot. The main issue people see is that every major arc so far has doubled the length of the manga, which only matters if you're reading it weekly. It's 321 chapters in right now, so a new reader wouldn't notice until they caught up.

Kain's magic is okay, but he's definitely my least favorite. Rustyrose is the best.

Yea he isn't that cool. But it was interesting watching him go from a bumbling idiot to a competent opponent.

Basically, nearly anyone who has read it until the point where the harem stuff isn't as prominent anymore would report that when they see a fanservice scene in other mangas or in later Negima!, they don't even notice the fanservice anymore until someone points it out. That's how far the early Negima! took it. It's the same writer as Love Hina, after all.

Wow, that kind of scares me. Personally I like a little fan service thrown in every now and then. To much kind of hurts it for me.

Actually, about that...

When he wrote that manga, he wanted to try his hand at shonen, but his editor wanted another Love Hina from him. So he wrote that manga by making it LOOK like another Love Hina and tossed in HEAPS UPON HEAPS of foreshadowing in there during that part, then pulled off what was probably the best-executed Genre Shift ever, gradually moving over to making combat the focus to the point that it was solidly into the combat shonen manga genre before his editor noticed.

O editorial mandates.

Win Story is win.