The Video Game Music Station

Dark

Pokemon- Champion Cynthia Pre-Battle

Dark, I dare you to learn to play this on the piano. None of you would have noticed the epicness of Cynthia's Pre-Battle music since you all probably skipped to the battle. Without the title, no one would have guessed that this is from Pokemon. This is just epic, and I wish it was longer. It's one of those songs that make me wish I can play piano, but even if I did know, I'd probably never learn to play this song.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shenmue - Main Theme

Ahhh' date=' Shenmue. It was a great game that ultimately met the same fate as Okami. Poor sales kicked it off the selling market faster than one could yell "That's unfair!" Nobody really understood why Shenmue seemed to fall flat. Maybe it was because every composition on the soundtrack was depressing and simple. Apparently many people loathed that, but hey, I took one listen to the Main Theme and nearly teared up. Personally, I think this track is beautiful, but you'll have to listen for a bit in order to grasp its Japanese roots.

Shenmue - Daily Agony

Damn it. Is there any cheery music in Shenmue? The short answer is, no. This is a deeply depressing game, and a darn good one too. The sadness of this game is conveyed deeply through the score, especially this singluar track, Daily Agony. Screw full orchaestras. Daily Agony only utilizes a single piano. A piano is all this track requires in order to express the sadness of the protaganist...

If you didn't like my selections, I highly recommend you look over other Shenmue music. It truly is a game with great music, but I don't mind if you choose not to put any songs up.

[/quote']

I know I'm bumping, but you wanted links~

Main Theme -

Daily Agony - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwRzkS7W-GY

Dark' date=' I dare you to learn to play this on the piano.[/s'] None of you would have noticed the epicness of Cynthia's Pre-Battle music since you all probably skipped to the battle. Without the title, no one would have guessed that this is from Pokemon. This is just epic, and I wish it was longer. It's one of those songs that make me wish I can play piano, but even if I did know, I'd probably never learn to play this song.

Also, we have a winner. <3

EDIT: Also recommending Flame's "Stickerbrush Symphony". ^^

It's not amazingly hard to play on the piano. Sure, the tempo is fast, but the actual notes are in more-or-less a pattern and the places where there aren't double-chords just need memorization because I can't detect a pattern via ear only. But yeah, that would be cool and fun to learn on the piano. It's also a really underlooked song, so I'm very glad you requested it.

BUMP, kind of, but not really. I updated the thread, and sadly I took the boring route and called the Battle Channel "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" I wish I could have done something more creative, but these were my options at the time:

~ Warning! Challenger Approaching!

~ A(n) [thing] draws near!

~ A wild [thing] appeared!

~ Sudden Death Match

Yeah, but I updated that with two songs, one being mine and one being a request from DOC.

GUYS, WE HIT THE FIFTY-SONG MARK. YEAH, OH YEAH!

Kool-Aid man says ohhhhh yeahhhhh!

Just listen. The first two Banjo games already had amazing music, but there really isn't much I can say about this. It combines almost everything that happens into one song. The Hag 1 itself has lasers, mortar cannons, the biggest drill I've seen on a tank, and it was even able spit poison gas at you. There really isn't much that can be said besides that this is one epic battle theme, and for a Giant Drilling Tank no less.

I can request songs for my own thread, right?

I hand-picked these songs so you can bet almost all of them will make it into the thread at one point or another. So listen to them, because they really are cool beans.

[requestflood]

(WCA)

LoZ: WW - Mini-Boss (WCA)

Pokemon RSE - Underwater (Dive) (GT)

FF7 - Descendant of Shinobi (GMS)

MK64 - Rainbow (TN)

LoZ: OoT - Zelda's Theme (TN)

[/requestflood]

If you want to use abbreviations in your requests, please do so. That way you don't have to write out the station name, but then again I should be able to decide what station it should go in. But if you want a battle track in generic or something, just use these tags.

GMS = Generic Music Station

GT = Goldenrod Tower

TN = Tune Nostalgia

RR = Remix Revamp

YR = Yourequest

WCA = Warning Challenger Approaching

Doh. I can't believe I didn't think of RSE Archie/Maxie. On my most-recent runthrough of Sapphire, that was one of my favorite songs. D:

And if I'm doing the Kyogre/Groudon/Rayray battle, I'll just take the HGSS version. Not like there is any difference whatsoever (it was a direct port), so cool beans.

EDIT: Kirby: Squeak Squad is an awesome damn game. And I don't have music even requested for it yet. T___T

EDIT (2): I couldn't find any Kirby: SS music. o_O

I found these, though:

Meta Knight's Revenge (SSBB): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPPwdlgv2cs

Final Destination (SSBB): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyoR-Pg6o0c

Gritzy Desert (PiT): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI_XK8T90l0

I have a lot of Generic Radio Station songs covered for the time being, so try your best not to request those songs unless you are putting them in Yourequest. :D

EDIT (3): One rep to anyone who can find me a valid place to get decent quality Kirby: Squeak Squad music. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebMFrGtEyEg

Flash In The Dark - Megaman 9 (Arranged Soundtrack)

It's just...fantastic. They've slowed down the tempo to transform it into an almost funeral-style piece...it's pure brilliance.

Dark' date=' I dare you to learn to play this on the piano.[/s'] None of you would have noticed the epicness of Cynthia's Pre-Battle music since you all probably skipped to the battle. Without the title, no one would have guessed that this is from Pokemon. This is just epic, and I wish it was longer. It's one of those songs that make me wish I can play piano, but even if I did know, I'd probably never learn to play this song.

Actually, I have sheet music for it. Dark, do you have Finale Notepad (it's a free trial download and it works as a .mus file player after the trial's finished)? If so, I can send you the Sheet Music via PM or something.

I cba to learn even more piano music over the summer. I already have a good twelve video game songs I have sheet music for. <___<

Maybe no update today. I just got Galaxy 2 and I've wanted to play it since two hours now, but I haven't gotten a chance. I am playing this game until I die. If I come back before midnight, you get today's update. If I come back after midnight, you get tomorrow's update. But three updates either way, two requests at least.

If you can, request some more GT and YR/WCA music. I'm definitely set for GMS and TN music for now, so try to post a lot more for Yourequest and WCA. GT would be good, but Eury has given me an overload of Pogeymanz songs.

Alfred, I see some more VGM in your sig. REQUEST ALL OF THOSE.

Clair and I think Eury also have VGM "things" in their sig. REQUEST THOSE MUSICKS.

YOU CAN BUMP OLDER MUSIC IF IT WAS POSTED BY SOMEONE ELSE.

YOU CAN WRITE A FOUR-LINE DESCRIPTION FOR YOUR SONG AND I'LL PUT IT IN YOUREQUEST.

NEED TO PLAY GALAXY, ADIOS.

Rawk Hawk Paper Mario the 1000 Year Door

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! BE AT THE GLITZS PIT TO SEE RAWK HAWK TAKE ON THE GREAT GONZALEZ! BE THERE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wVoFBKc24Q Demon Train LoZ Spirit Tracks

Bogmire Battle Luigi's Mansion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoyzLRkdJHo Chancellor Cole LoZ Spirit Tracks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5xIoKCznik Memories of You Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Exlporers of Sky

KH The Other Promise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEqEAhoKHpE Super Mario RPG Sad Song

(GT/YR)

One thing to say about this music: cocky theme for a cocky guy. As your rival in the TCG game, every Ronald duel is accompanied by his awesome theme song. This track starts off simple, the scratchy back-beat dominating the song while a weak melody plays over top of it. However, I sincerely hope you choose to listen to the whole song. Like any other Pokemon TCG track, the truly epic music begins late. In this case, the song takes off at 40 seconds with some awesome 8-bit riffs that should not be missed. <3

(General/Nostalgia/YR)

When I first played Journey to Silius, I just sat for a while and let the music wash over me. The heavy bass and beat keep you progressing through the level, and the the 8bit melody moves freely, albeit slower throughout the piece. Combined, it sounds simply awesome. It really makes you feel as if you were in space. Sometimes, I pull out this NES game and play through it with this epic track pounding in my ears. <3

(YR/GT/WCA)

This thread requires more Colosseum music, not just the relaxing Relic Forest track. As I have exhausted most of the tracks from Colosseum on past pages, I really hope you consider this one. The Cipher Organization takes the role of Team Rocket in Colosseum, and I always looked forward to fighting their Grunts. This music grabs you from the start and never lets go, with a guitar lick in the mix to keep things fresh.

(YR/WCA)

Oh God, Dark. You need to put this in the thread. There's no Mother music in any station yet, and that makes me very sad. Why not start out with an epic track from what is arguably the best video game on the GBA? Right from the start, you can tell this isn't your run-of-the-mill GBA music. Nope. This track tries its hardest to rock your face off during one of the final boss battles of the game. It succeeded, in my case. Starting with a heavy drumbeat, it explodes into a frenzy of electric greatness, pausing with lulls in the song to give you a chance to catch your breath. This track is a masterpiece, and I hope you add it.

Okay, I'm back. How about I do five updates and have them all count for today and tomorrow? I can't update tomorrow, but I came back from Galaxy today. :D

So, I'll do that in a sec.

EDIT: Okay, so I am updating six songs today. Two for Generic, one for Goldenrod, one for Nostalgia, one for Yourequest, one for WCA. Yeah, sadly Remix Revamp is ostracized today. D:

These updates count for 6/29 and 6/30, so don't bug me about updating tomorrow. <_____<

Also, with these updates, I chose six different people and got requests from them. They are as follows:

Dark, Eury, Clair, Flame Dragon, Saint Dane, Dizzy

Archived