The Video Game Music Station

Dark

If you know the name of the song and the game, don't bother posting a YouTube link. I'd really, really prefer it so I don't have to sit on YouTube searching 20 songs (and to know I got the right song), but if you can't find the video I can do that, too.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you know the name of the song and the game' date=' don't bother posting a YouTube link. I'd really, [i']really[/i] prefer it so I don't have to sit on YouTube searching 20 songs (and to know I got the right song), but if you can't find the video I can do that, too.

I found it.

What can be said about this song? Well for one, when it's the first thing you hear in the game, you get excited. It has a great sound to it as well. It signifies the entire game. There is the huge quests that involve fights and more fights, but then the quieter aspect comes, and the images of sneaking through a tower full of guards to get a small sum of money wrongfully taken from the poor distract pour into your head. All in all, it just prepares you for what lies ahead, and trust me, there is a lot.

If you know the name of the song and the game' date=' don't bother posting a YouTube link. I'd really, [i']really[/i] prefer it so I don't have to sit on YouTube searching 20 songs (and to know I got the right song), but if you can't find the video I can do that, too.

I found it.

What can be said about this song? Well for one, when it's the first thing you hear in the game, you get excited. It has a great sound to it as well. It signifies the entire game. There is the huge quests that involve fights and more fights, but then the quieter aspect comes, and the images of sneaking through a tower full of guards to get a small sum of money wrongfully taken from the poor distract pour into your head. All in all, it just prepares you for what lies ahead, and trust me, there is a lot.

Shenmue - Main Theme

Ahhh, Shenmue. It was a great game that ultimately met the same fate as Okami. Poor sales kicked it off the selling market faster than one could yell "That's unfair!" Nobody really understood why Shenmue seemed to fall flat. Maybe it was because every composition on the soundtrack was depressing and simple. Apparently many people loathed that, but hey, I took one listen to the Main Theme and nearly teared up. Personally, I think this track is beautiful, but you'll have to listen for a bit in order to grasp its Japanese roots.

Shenmue - Daily Agony

Damn it. Is there any cheery music in Shenmue? The short answer is, no. This is a deeply depressing game, and a darn good one too. The sadness of this game is conveyed deeply through the score, especially this singluar track, Daily Agony. Screw full orchaestras. Daily Agony only utilizes a single piano. A piano is all this track requires in order to express the sadness of the protaganist...

If you didn't like my selections, I highly recommend you look over other Shenmue music. It truly is a game with great music, but I don't mind if you choose not to put any songs up.

Shenmue - Main Theme

Ahhh, Shenmue. It was a great game that ultimately met the same fate as Okami. Poor sales kicked it off the selling market faster than one could yell "That's unfair!" Nobody really understood why Shenmue seemed to fall flat. Maybe it was because every composition on the soundtrack was depressing and simple. Apparently many people loathed that, but hey, I took one listen to the Main Theme and nearly teared up. Personally, I think this track is beautiful, but you'll have to listen for a bit in order to grasp its Japanese roots.

Shenmue - Daily Agony

Damn it. Is there any cheery music in Shenmue? The short answer is, no. This is a deeply depressing game, and a darn good one too. The sadness of this game is conveyed deeply through the score, especially this singluar track, Daily Agony. Screw full orchaestras. Daily Agony only utilizes a single piano. A piano is all this track requires in order to express the sadness of the protaganist...

If you didn't like my selections, I highly recommend you look over other Shenmue music. It truly is a game with great music, but I don't mind if you choose not to put any songs up.

YouTube links to games I don't know would help. You can get them whenever, and it really does help when I'm looking through the thread for music.

Oh, and you people (not Clair and DarkMark; you're doing fine) need to start posting more Request Channel music. WRITE FOUR DAMN LINES. <_<

YouTube links to games I don't know would help. You can get them whenever, and it really does help when I'm looking through the thread for music.

Oh, and you people (not Clair and DarkMark; you're doing fine) need to start posting more Request Channel music. WRITE FOUR DAMN LINES. <_<

YouTube links to games I don't know would help. You can get them whenever' date=' and it really does help when I'm looking through the thread for music.

[/quote']

Do you mean the song or game play? I can get some game play footage with little trouble.

YouTube links to games I don't know would help. You can get them whenever' date=' and it really does help when I'm looking through the thread for music.

[/quote']

Do you mean the song or game play? I can get some game play footage with little trouble.

Just to the music, really. I don't care about gameplay, but I really want you guys to post song links with your request. It makes it a lot easier for me when picking songs, because I don't have to go to YouTube and find the song and listen to it before I decide whether it should go in the thread.

And 99% of you don't have a problem with this, but please post what song and what game the music is from. Posting a random YouTube link doesn't help, because it doesn't give me any information about the song.

But overall, you guys have given an awesome amount of contribution to this thread, and I love you all for it. You guys have really good tastes in video game musicks. Now we need more punny-name-comer-upper-withers. Battle Channel. I need a name.

Me and Clair posted earlier (a while back, Page 7ish) about "Warning! Challenger Approaching!", but that is just total copy/pasta of Flame Dragon's thread in VG. If someone has a title for the Battle Channel, I will take it. Otherwise, I don't know what I'll do. D:

Just to the music, really. I don't care about gameplay, but I really want you guys to post song links with your request. It makes it a lot easier for me when picking songs, because I don't have to go to YouTube and find the song and listen to it before I decide whether it should go in the thread.

And 99% of you don't have a problem with this, but please post what song and what game the music is from. Posting a random YouTube link doesn't help, because it doesn't give me any information about the song.

But overall, you guys have given an awesome amount of contribution to this thread, and I love you all for it. You guys have really good tastes in video game musicks. Now we need more punny-name-comer-upper-withers. Battle Channel. I need a name.

Me and Clair posted earlier (a while back, Page 7ish) about "Warning! Challenger Approaching!", but that is just total copy/pasta of Flame Dragon's thread in VG. If someone has a title for the Battle Channel, I will take it. Otherwise, I don't know what I'll do. D:

But overall' date=' you guys have given an awesome amount of contribution to this thread, and I love you all for it. You guys have really good tastes in video game musicks. Now we need more punny-name-comer-upper-withers. Battle Channel. I need a name.

[/quote']

Maybe something like Free-For-All. I don't make names easily.

But overall' date=' you guys have given an awesome amount of contribution to this thread, and I love you all for it. You guys have really good tastes in video game musicks. Now we need more punny-name-comer-upper-withers. Battle Channel. I need a name.

[/quote']

Maybe something like Free-For-All. I don't make names easily.

Urgh... Sudden Death Match? Like the title of the thread, it has a double meaning via "Sudden Death" and "Death Match". But it sounds so stupid.

I hate Flame Dragon for stealing "Warning, challenger approaching!" from me. D:

Urgh... Sudden Death Match? Like the title of the thread, it has a double meaning via "Sudden Death" and "Death Match". But it sounds so stupid.

I hate Flame Dragon for stealing "Warning, challenger approaching!" from me. D:

I'll decide later, but hopefully I can get that channel in Monday. :D

I PMd Flame Dragon and he is fine with us using "Warning, Challenger Approaching", so we do have a cushion if I don't like any of the names.

And despite how damn stupid it is, "Wild VGM Appeared!" does sprout some good ideas.

OH GUYS YOU CAN ALSO BUMP OTHER PEOPLE'S REQUESTS, NOT YOUR OWN. Y'KNOW, I MIGHT HAVE MISSED SOMETHING GOOD.

TWO UPDATES TODAY, LATER IN THE DAY.

I'll decide later, but hopefully I can get that channel in Monday. :D

I PMd Flame Dragon and he is fine with us using "Warning, Challenger Approaching", so we do have a cushion if I don't like any of the names.

And despite how damn stupid it is, "Wild VGM Appeared!" does sprout some good ideas.

OH GUYS YOU CAN ALSO BUMP OTHER PEOPLE'S REQUESTS, NOT YOUR OWN. Y'KNOW, I MIGHT HAVE MISSED SOMETHING GOOD.

TWO UPDATES TODAY, LATER IN THE DAY.

<3 this music

I'm going to bump this request from Dizzy, as it's one of the best songs in the Layton games. When you listen to it, you know it's the villains theme. Yet, it could easily fit into other areas. The classical sound of it only enhances it, and you can't get a much better sound easily. As it plays, imagine a large tower that is being destroyed by a guy in a helicopter equipped with giant ball and chains. Also, the guy is awesome. Layton creates his own flying contraption, and Don says, "LAAAYTON! I'LL KNOCK YOU RIGHT OUT OF THE SKY!' This guy was serious too. He had no super powers, and he was still threatening.

I've been so busy with the new BW updates, hehe. Sorry for not updating yet. I'll get you those updates in a few minutes. I'm thinking I'll do one for Yourequest and I had a song I wanted to put in Nostalgia for awhile, so I'll do that today, as well. :D

EDIT: I UPDATED!

Archived