The Video Game Music Station

Dark

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To prove that I'm not all solo piano fancy stuff, we have this. God it's so freaking catchy. Seriously, I've got it running through my head right now so much I'm typing rhythmically. And that's a hard thing to do when this song is so damn shaky and distorted. If you thought Giratina's theme was distorted then will tell you that you're wrong. Then it will hit you with a baseball bat. Giratina eat your heart - this is real distortion.

This theme is a perfect representation of MM - it's dark, trippy and absolutely fantastic. Majora's Mask doesn't have much love here at the VGMStation, and it's a real shame because it has some of the best music Nintendo has ever written. This is creepy, haunting, breath-taking and the xylophone adds an almost psychotic edge to the piece. Awe-inspiring and it should prepare you for the next track...

Arguably the most terrifying piece of VGM ever composed. The first minute builds up to a terrifying, distorted series of random techno effects all while an almost silent chord plays gently in the background, getting under your skin. Then a moody synth strings melody comes into the fray, weaving a web of dark, violent chords. If shadows were music then this would be it. Then suddenly it moves to a vibraphone melody. It's so child-like, so beautiful. It's tear-inducing. But in comparison to the rest of the song it's scary. Really scary. Then suddenly the deafeningly moody synth string melody returns but with a darker edge. White noise in the background gets louder, louder, louder until it fills the whole world. Then the music stops. Good luck.

To prove that I'm not all solo piano fancy stuff, we have this. God it's so freaking catchy. Seriously, I've got it running through my head right now so much I'm typing rhythmically. And that's a hard thing to do when this song is so damn shaky and distorted. If you thought Giratina's theme was distorted then will tell you that you're wrong. Then it will hit you with a baseball bat. Giratina eat your heart - this is real distortion.

This theme is a perfect representation of MM - it's dark, trippy and absolutely fantastic. Majora's Mask doesn't have much love here at the VGMStation, and it's a real shame because it has some of the best music Nintendo has ever written. This is creepy, haunting, breath-taking and the xylophone adds an almost psychotic edge to the piece. Awe-inspiring and it should prepare you for the next track...

Arguably the most terrifying piece of VGM ever composed. The first minute builds up to a terrifying, distorted series of random techno effects all while an almost silent chord plays gently in the background, getting under your skin. Then a moody synth strings melody comes into the fray, weaving a web of dark, violent chords. If shadows were music then this would be it. Then suddenly it moves to a vibraphone melody. It's so child-like, so beautiful. It's tear-inducing. But in comparison to the rest of the song it's scary. Really scary. Then suddenly the deafeningly moody synth string melody returns but with a darker edge. White noise in the background gets louder, louder, louder until it fills the whole world. Then the music stops. Good luck.

All of those songs are winners.

Thank you, so so much.

Also, don't forget my requests, Dark. They were buried under the awesomeness of our battle.

Archived