Dark

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eye'm board.

so hyar goes

[NES]

(TN/YR)

This music is just awesome. I actually own this game, and sometimes I just sit in front of the TV and listen to the heavy bass beats thumping in my ears, driving me forward, while the twanging 8-bit melody creates an airy feel around me. This track is perfect for what the game is: a space-age platformer. It honestly sounds like you're about to embark on a badass celestial mission or something. The song sounds mysterious, but it's relentless tempo keeps you moving at a reasonable pace.

[sNES]

(TN/YR)

DO NOT JUDGE ME. D': I stumbled across this tune by accident, pure accident! However, once I began listening, I was hooked. This song reminds me of "Aquatic Ambiance" from DKC, and that alone makes this track pure win, in my opinion. It is surprisingly long for an SNES track... I think it finally loops at 2:30 or something. One thing comes to mind when I listen to this song: relaxing. I could fall asleep to this music. This is a gem of song found in a rare game that probably sucked. Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

[N64] Blast Corps - Simian Acres (TN/YR)

Yaaaay, Rare~ This game was made back in the day, when every Nintendo Rare game automatically included awesome music. This track does not deviate from the norm. For a game that focuses on blowing s*** up, this is actually a pretty upbeat tune. Again, this long song is long. I love it. <3 I could dance to this, if I wanted to. Oh, and if I could dance. It feels so bouncy and bright... so fitting for a game that included Donkey Kong and all his ape friends.

[GCN]

(GT/WCA/YR)

Yeah, I requested this already. Colosseum seriously needs more love, though. This is a brilliant orchestrated arrangement, and I think this track is one of the best Pokemon songs ever conceived. The guitar is awesomely epic, and the violins just add to the majesty of the whole piece. Too bad that the only time this music plays, you're fighting a certain "Rider Willie", who only has two Zigzagoon. Oh well, Will. At least you got taken out with style. <3

[Wii]

(GEN/WCA/YR)

Derp. Speaking of games requiring more love, Super Paper Mario is one of them. Besides "The Ultimate Show", which should also be added, this song is one of my all-time favorites from the Paper Mario series. Right from the start, it grabs your attention, throwing you into a world of bouncy, electrical beats. This track never lets up, either. I could listen to this multiple times, in fact, I can. (It's on my iPod.) I could dance to this as well, but I won't.

[PS2]

(GEN/YR)

This song is one of my favorites, and damn, do I have a lot of favorites. It starts out with a driving beat, and never lets up for most of the track. However, at around 3:00, that is when my favorite part plays. You will have to take a listen to find out just how epic this music is, and I hope you like it just as much as I do. Snake needs more love, now that he's been in Brawl. (Somehow, being in Brawl means Snake requires more love.) You don't want the Colonel yelling at you, now do you? ;D Seriously, though. It is a good orchestration from a series that has been known for awesome music.

[XBOX360] Blue Dragon - The Seal is Broken (GEN/WCA/YR)

Re-requesting this, because i can. Before you go "eww xbox" or "ewww vocals", take a listen. I think that this song is actually a lot better with the dark vocals, as they create a lot of dark harmonies, perfect for a final boss fight this epic. The guitar solos are epic, as well, but the true awesomeness begins when the choir and guitars meld together, at 1:50 and 3:10, in the best harmony I have ever heard. 3:10 is my favorite moment in this song, and I hope you agree. Hell, I'd be happy if you even liked the song. This is end boss-slaying music at its finest. ^^

Edit - Aesir, I'm loving that remix. :D

Giant bump.

No big deal.

9 updates today. Here's a taste of what you'll be getting.

GMS: Marisa

GMS: Dark

GT: Clair

TN: 0-Chill

RR: Clair

YR: Clair

WCA: Shradow

CNV: Alfred

CNV: Dark

You know how Clair was listed thrice? That needs to change. xP

I wanted to add some music from Larxene, but pretty much most Touhou music is GMS or WCA, and I had those slots filled. Oh, and Marisa gave me a Touhou song. I suggest that when Alfred opens the new thread, you guys decide on whether you want a FF Channel and/or a Touhou Channel, since both have a lot of games, with a lot of good music.

Yeah, updating now.

Updates COMPLETE!

YCM was down most of yesterday and most of today (7th and 8th, respectively), so I could not get updates.

I'll have like four or five updates tomorrow. Clair will not get an update slot tomorrow, for reasons I stated earlier. I do apologize profoundly to her, but it's really becoming a problem. And it's not even her fault, it's everyone else's fault for not requesting a lot of good songs. D:

REMINDER TO SELF: SEND ALFRED A PM BREIFING HIM ON THE THREAD TOMORROW, AFTER UPDATES.

REMINDER TO SELF: MAKE SURE IT IS SPELLED "BREIFING" AND NOT "BRIEFING".

YCM was down most of yesterday and most of today (7th and 8th, respectively), so I could not get updates.

I'll have like four or five updates tomorrow. Clair will not get an update slot tomorrow, for reasons I stated earlier. I do apologize profoundly to her, but it's really becoming a problem. And it's not even her fault, it's everyone else's fault for not requesting a lot of good songs. D:

REMINDER TO SELF: SEND ALFRED A PM BREIFING HIM ON THE THREAD TOMORROW, AFTER UPDATES.

waitwhat.

Oh, well. I guess I understand. ><

I've tried. That's my defense. [/protective]

Since I will be gone this weekend~

(WCA/YR)

Oho. I stumbled upon this track yesterday, and I have to say that is one of the best boss themes I've ever heard. It almost feels as if you are about to march into a war, with an army flanking you, ready to strike down an opponent's fortress. The dynamics don't change, but that's okay with me. After all, dramatic music should stay dramatic. This music sounds amazing for its time, being on the Game Cube and all. The trumpets just add to the war feel of the whole piece, while the heavy brass keeps up the tempo. The violins lead the heavy orchestration. Once again, I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this music's existence.

Angry Video Game Nerd - TomBobBlender (CONV/YR)

Oh my god. I died laughing while listening to this song. TomBobBlender puts a ridiculous amount of effort in creating his Mario Paint songs. You should definitely check him out. I personally think the Angry Video Game Nerd theme is his finest creation, but I'll let you decide if you decide to look. I can't even begin to comment on this music. How did he place those notes in the exact right spots? How the hell did he decide on the tempo? How many layers of notes are there in this piece? You know what? I'm not even going to ask any more questions. I hope that after you listen to this piece, you will be similarly blown away.

(GEN/YR)

Before this topic reaches the dreaded 151, I demand more Mother series music. I think that this song would be a good start. It plays at the beginning of the game, when Lucas and his brother are playing out front of a cabin in the lovely forest of Tazmily. This song just mirrors their feelings. Its light, bouncy, and its twangy bass beat greatly maintains the carefree mood of this composition. I could listen to this for a hours on end, but then I would get bored. Just take a listen, BrickFist and I demand it. This upbeat music bears no trace of the tragedy to come...

Travelling - Kaijin (RR/YR)

This remix of Animal Crossing's main theme is so beautiful. I almost teared up. Almost. The melody is brought into the piece nicely, with the accompaniment of violins, while a piano keeps a somber overtone upon the whole piece. This track is really relaxing, and after listening to it, I immediately hit "Repeat". The oboe, clarinet, and harmonica are all welcome additions to this piece. I highly, highly recommend you listen until the end of the piece. I want to visit my town again, but I'm going to mute the TV. Then, I'm going to harvest fruit, chat it up with neighbors, and shop to the leisurely pace of this music.

Others

Mother - All I Needed Was You (TN)

Mario Kart 64 - Victory Lap (Staff Roll) (TN)

4 updates now. Sorry it took so long, I had trouble finding a good WCA song, and I changed the Conversion song at least five times. But yeah, updates.

Will PM Alfred-Kun as well. Just a reminder. =)

EDIT: I did my math incorrectly somewhere. The Music Count was 137 (after today's four updates, which are up, by the way), but after counting, we have 139 songs. I forgot to update the Music Count once or twice, so I fixed it. Just 12 more updates...

Also, I mapped out what songs we have left. I have OCD with this, so I have certain numbers I hit for each station.

0 left for GMS. (30)

5 left for GT. (27)

0 left for TN. (27)

0 left for RR. (17)

1 left for YR. (12)

2 left for WCA. (17)

3 left for CNV. (20)

But that only totals to 150... but the last song is mine. =)

So, only bother for GT, WCA, and CNV updates now. I don't want you guys to be giving me a bunch of GMS stuff when I won't use it.

I have a good one for YR planned, so forget that.

Okay, PMing Alfred now. =)

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 - Memories of You [GT]

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Boss [WCA]

Can't add links, so sorry for the inconvinience. ><

I can though. ;D

I think this is the second, but I'm not sure.

I'm in full support of the Pokemon one. I love that song, and I thought of it myself, but decided against it one time.

Archived