The Video Game Music Station

Dark

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Megaman 9 - Flash in the Dark (Wily Stage 1)

Megaman 9 - Flash in the Dark (Wily Stage 1) Arranged Soundtrack

The original theme is arguably the best Megaman level theme ever and a strong contender for greatest 8-bit song ever. It's catchy, fast-paced, adrenalin-pumping goodness and the kind of gaming music that makes the 8-bit style so fantastic. A dramatic, emotional, powerful piece and one that undoubtedly deserves a place here.

I discovered the MM9 AST whilst looking for help on how to complete the game (bloody Wily Stage 3) and it blew me away. Sure enough, there are a couple of stinkers in there but when I clicked the link to arrangement of Flash in the Dark I wasn't expecting much. A great 8-bit piece, yes, but I was worried after what happened to Jewel Man AST and wondering if it would survive the arduous transition to a real instrument arrangement. And by God it did - it's different, but in the kind of way that makes you feel glad to be alive, like when Cadbury's release a new bar or I find out that Oatmeal & Raisin cookies are better then normal ones. It's slowed down to a far slower tempo and does that old video game music trick - instruments in one by one. It's beautiful - it's emotional, valiant and has an almost saddening edge to it. This is funeral music. And don't even get me started on the fantastic guitar solo near the end - so lovingly transcribed...it's VGM gold.

Updated. Just three more songs left; two in updates and one as the final update.

It's been a fun ride, guys. I really loved working with you all in this thread. You won't believe how much crap is in my iPod that wouldn't have been there without this thread. I thank you guys. <3

How did you get colon-d not to turn into a shitty smiley? D:

Also, I will definitely pick one of those.

Two updates today, and those are the last two updates for this thread. Except the last, "last" update tomorrow, but I have that all planned out and stuff.

How did you get colon-d not to turn into a shitty smiley? D:

Also, I will definitely pick one of those.

Two updates today, and those are the last two updates for this thread. Except the last, "last" update tomorrow, but I have that all planned out and stuff.

Put the italics tags in between the colon and the D.

Awesome.

I can't wait to see them... I don't know how Alfred will keep this thread up as well as you did.

Oh, so the same way we avoided the curse filter back in MyBB. Now it's against the rules, but the same concept. =P

See, the way I set up my settings on YCM is that Ctrl + I is italics, so I don't need to use tags. But I never thought that tags would disrupt smileys on ipb as well. Thanks!

Wow, that is lies and retarded. Because I don't use html tags anymore, I can't avoid smileys. I just tried doing colon-D with italics tags inbetween. DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT.

Oh, so the same way we avoided the curse filter back in MyBB. Now it's against the rules, but the same concept. =PSee, the way I set up my settings on YCM is that Ctrl + I is italics, so I don't need to use tags. But I never thought that tags would disrupt smileys on ipb as well. Thanks!Wow, that is lies and retarded. Because I don't use html tags anymore, I can't avoid smileys. I just tried doing colon-D with italics tags inbetween. DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT.

D:

NOooooOOoooOOOO.

@_@ I wanted Conversion... Dane, where are you finding these?

That link Dark posted not long ago.

So, we have like 900+ replies, and 10000+ views.

This thread was a total success, no doubt. =)

OH ALFRED-KUN WILL MOST LIKELY HAVE HIS THREAD READY BY TOMORROW SO WE WON'T HAVE MUCH DOWN TIME FOR THE TRANSITION.

Opalmoon already unstuck this, so that's cool.

So, we have like 900+ replies, and 10000+ views.This thread was a total success, no doubt. =)OH ALFRED-KUN WILL MOST LIKELY HAVE HIS THREAD READY BY TOMORROW SO WE WON'T HAVE MUCH DOWN TIME FOR THE TRANSITION.Opalmoon already unstuck this, so that's cool.

THIS WAS A TRIUMPH.

I'M MAKING A NOT HERE, HUGE SUCCESS.

AND thank you for putting the awesome Majora's Mask song in Conversion Dark.

I looooved this topic.

I'm going to rep it again. <3

I still have plenty more for Alfred-Kun. xD

We'll actually be in fierce competition for the ownership of Yourequest in Alfred's thread.

Yes, he is keeping channel owners. I hope he is resetting them, however. >:]

We'll actually be in fierce competition for the ownership of Yourequest in Alfred's thread.

Yes, he is keeping channel owners. I hope he is resetting them, however. >:]

you do not stand a chance meesta dark

mainly because he is not resetting channel owners.

... right, alfred? D:

Here we go, the final update. This will be posted here and on Post 121, so yeah. You can post after this, but note that the new thread IS open.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/221942-the-video-game-music-station/

There.

Okay, without further ado...

Music 151 - The Final Update

Ending and Credits from Super Mario World

Coincidentally,

also ended today. It was quite obvious I'd choose an ending theme, since this does signal the end of this thread. However, we do have new, competent ownership, so I'm not worried. The song speaks for itself. It's calming at some points, dramatic at others, soothing sometimes, and action-packed during others. That really sums up my feelings about this thread and my Let's Play in general. It's been a really fun ride, and I had fun working with all of you here at YCM (and those that watched my LP on YouTube =P). This thread really means a lot to me, and I'm glad I got all of the support I did. This ending theme really summarizes everything I wanted from this thread. It signals the end of a golden era, but that doesn't necessarily mean things are going downhill. You guys are awesome, and this song is dedicated to all of you. "Thank you all. We need to do something special for you, my heroes. Let's go into the castle, and bake a delicious cake." Not exactly how it was stated, but Peach's ending message in SM64DS. I love you guys for this thread, I really do. <3

Requesting: Shadow of Arat (Usally Referred to as Mabinogi G10 Final Theme)

Mabinogi has always impressed me with their OST, especially when it comes to the Final Boss themes. Shadow of Arat has caught my intrest because it follows Mabi's specialtiy instrument, The Piano. It's diffirent from Mabi's other bosses, while it sounds less Climactic then the other bosses it overall has an ominous feel to it with it's slow-paced beat and smooth piano work. It is also noted that the song plays against the fight with YOUR Doppleganger. Your fighting a monster which possess' your avatar (but not your skills) and will update it self to copy your look and will always say what you say in Chats. Never the less, this is one awesome song.

Archived