The Video Game Music Station

Dark

Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo Tales - Clash At The Big Bridge

It's strange, but this is actually the definitive version of the song to listen to. Why? The bass is violent, driving and so much clearing than in the original OST from Final Fantasy V. The arpeggios, the pounding bass, the adrenaline-fueled guitar melody - this is what boss music should sound like.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't expect updates until I get some things sorted out.

Just for your knowledge, my school starts on Tuesday, meaning I have a lot of preparation to get done (despite it being my senior year), and once school starts I am slammed with AP classes. I am trying to hit my 151 limit any time before March of 2011, so we'll see how that plays out.

Since we only have two people who would like to run this thread, I have two questions to pose. The next time you request a song, make sure to answer these questions.

1.) After I leave this thread (at 151 songs, and then it'll be locked and hopefully preserved), would you want a new thread to be opened? Or would you rather have a generic "video game music" discussion thread? I know Opalmoon well, so I could arrange that with her and get her permission and stuff. But if you want this type of thread again, just say so.

2.) If you want this type of thread after I leave, should Clair or Alfred-Kun (screw your crazy-German u) be the leader? I think both are really huge video game nuts, and both have influenced my taste in video game music greatly. You guys can really choose, it's a democracy here, since I'm not really running the thread anymore.

So, yeah, if you could just please answer those questions. I'm thinking I can get updates easily on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday... and we'll take it from there.

Don't expect updates until I get some things sorted out.

Just for your knowledge, my school starts on Tuesday, meaning I have a lot of preparation to get done (despite it being my senior year), and once school starts I am slammed with AP classes. I am trying to hit my 151 limit any time before March of 2011, so we'll see how that plays out.

Since we only have two people who would like to run this thread, I have two questions to pose. The next time you request a song, make sure to answer these questions.

1.) After I leave this thread (at 151 songs, and then it'll be locked and hopefully preserved), would you want a new thread to be opened? Or would you rather have a generic "video game music" discussion thread? I know Opalmoon well, so I could arrange that with her and get her permission and stuff. But if you want this type of thread again, just say so.

2.) If you want this type of thread after I leave, should Clair or Alfred-Kun (screw your crazy-German u) be the leader? I think both are really huge video game nuts, and both have influenced my taste in video game music greatly. You guys can really choose, it's a democracy here, since I'm not really running the thread anymore.

So, yeah, if you could just please answer those questions. I'm thinking I can get updates easily on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday... and we'll take it from there.

I agree with what Twig said, though I think that me posting the thread would be more ideal. I tend to be more active than Clair and I'll definetely have the time to update the first post.

I agree with what Twig said, though I think that me posting the thread would be more ideal. I tend to be more active than Clair and I'll definetely have the time to update the first post.

With my all-important junior year finally upon me, I don't think I would do a good job handling this thread, even though I'll definitely keep contributing towards it. VGM is one of my loves. <3

Alfred-Kun would be a much better choice as "head of thread". ^^

Yourequest:

This is right after you fight GLaDOS, and to do this you would knock random parts of her off of the main body, and incinerate them. Four cores, Intelligence, Anger, Curiosity, and Morality. So, as you burn them, you're causing her pain. Needless to say, when you hear her sing this song, you kind of get this weird feeling. Mainly when she starts saying, "And believe me I am still alive. I'm doing Science and I'm still alive. I feel FANTASTIC and I'm still alive. While you're dying I'll be still alive. And when you're dead I will be still alive." I don't know about you, but that just freaks me out. I don't know why, but maybe it's just the overall tone of the song, and then you hear GLaDOS singing this. It's a wonderful song, and the lyrics really do fit it.

Preparing for school. Hehe... I've been really busy doing a lot of things, including work on my LP.

Yeah, I'll update tomorrow.

I'll be checking the votes (if anyone voted) later, but let me pose the questions again. If you already voted, don't bother.

1.) After I close this thread, do you want someone else to remake it?

2.) If yes, would you want Clair or Alfred-Kun to remake it?

kthxupdatestomorrowbai

Preparing for school. Hehe... I've been really busy doing a lot of things, including work on my LP.Yeah, I'll update tomorrow.I'll be checking the votes (if anyone voted) later, but let me pose the questions again. If you already voted, don't bother.1.) After I close this thread, do you want someone else to remake it?2.) If yes, would you want Clair or Alfred-Kun to remake it?kthxupdatestomorrowbai

As Clair said, they both decided on Alfred to do it.

I saw the new part to the LP. The description was weird. D:

And yay, lolupdates.

Yeah, I just read that. I'm fairly sure Clair, being owner of Yourequest and all, will have a big portion of the thread to herself. The slimy pig you are.

That's good. So, once I get to about 140ish updates, I'll PM Alfred-Kun with the basic information.

Someone give me a number of how many updates I should do tomorrow. I have the time to do fifty, but I wasn't adopting the policy that I should skip five days and have six updates the next day. :/

Yeah, I just read that. I'm fairly sure Clair, being owner of Yourequest and all, will have a big portion of the thread to herself. The slimy pig you are.

That's good. So, once I get to about 140ish updates, I'll PM Alfred-Kun with the basic information.

Someone give me a number of how many updates I should do tomorrow. I have the time to do fifty, but I wasn't adopting the policy that I should skip five days and have six updates the next day. :/

The slimiest~

You should do ten tomorrow. Or something around there.

Archived