~Absolute Powerforce - Everlasting Burning Soul~

iCherry

Managed to finally get through Volcanic Stage 1.

Boss was surprisingly easy, considered I just shot two Flares at it, them spammed it with level 3 lasers.... I was Inferno btw.

AND MY REWARD!? VOLCANIC 2!

WITH PIXEL-PERFECT JUMPS, GAPS WITHOUT PLATFORMS, AND ROCKS WITH NERVE-RACKING TRIGGERS!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYyyyyyyyy...... *Dies of stress*

• Replies 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of ReBoot...

I've recently been watching that series via YouTube.

Nostalgic as hell, because I used to watch that show.

Look at it now, I realize how incredible that show is, and how just about everything in it is stuff I like. Robots? Internet? Random computer games? DOOD, THIS SHOW HAS EVERYTHING! EVEN SCOT Mc.NEIL!

Paint Window is, by far, my favorite episode. Nullzilla is a close second.

(I've been watching the episodes at random, btw, I have yet to see them all)

It's great isn't it? Megabyte was such a wonderful villain, smooth, debonair and capable of getting his hands dirty. Of course, the show was great at what it did: Get crap past the radar. I looked up ReBoot's TV Trope page; one of the things they did involved the bust size of the female characters. In order to get the size they wanted, they made their busts massive, so censors would make them reduce it, so they wold reduce it to the size they wanted. Then there's also the double entendres, sly remarks and of course pop culture references.

To be frank, Mainframe Entertainment in the 90s and early 2000 was when it was at its prime; with its creations including Shadow Raiders, Beast Wars and ReBoot all being incredible in humour, animation and of course, story.

Of course, my natural favourite when it comes to characters, is Hexadecimal. That wonderful volatile mix of insane, powerful and the utterly hilarious. But, I will never forget the heart wrench at her final sacrifice. LONG LIVE THE QUEEN OF CHAOS!

Yeah, there were quite a lovely number of those, like a random Sailor Moon Binome and the Mona lisa Binome in Painted Windows.

Oh yeah, if you're going over Mainframe Entertainment shows, check this one out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOhKN-cs8ik

Shadow Raiders is another fun addition from Mainframe's golden age; it has a decent if somewhat dry story, characters that are actually likeable (bar a certain miner's catch phrase), and the innuendo flows like wine.

I've come to the conclusion that Predacon Volcanic 2 and Maximal Volcanic 1 are hazardous to my health.

The rocks are so nerve-racking, and the lack of actual patterns with the moving platforms(especially because half of them sink into lava), is driving me insane.

Mostly its the rocks, which are giving me heart attacks because they scare the crap out of me.

Its not enough that I go out of my way and spend like 5 minutes to try and get each one to move out of the way, its the fact they just "decide" to move. So there is really no way I can predict when rolling insta-death is coming my way, to cause me to rage all over the place.

"WHAT!? YOUR PROGRESSING THROUGH THE STAGE!?"

*Rock out of nowhere runs me over -> Inferno Dies*

"NOT ANY MORE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

Though I did record myself doing Predacon Urban 1, so I will have that up later.

@Ice: I wouldn't go that far. Mostly because a lot of game series could say that.

They should make a modern version of Mega Man.

X/Zero/ZX.

Classic needs to stay what it is, classic.

Many franchises are destroyed beyond belief when they're attempted to be "modernized".

And knowing current Capcom, if it's not a fighting game, they'll f*** it up.

Thank god they don't have their grubby hands on Viewtiful Joe, hate Mega Man and leave Takumi alone when it comes to Ace Attorney.

Because if they screwed over those franchises too I'd have nothing left to live for when it comes to vidya.

Archived