The Mushroom Kingdom

Clair

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm close to getting in an argument, methinks.

Anyways, yeah, I'm awesome. Last night I got this brilliant idea for a Mario TCG. Yeah, I know. I worked on the "Spells & Traps" (Items) of the game first, and I have these.

[spoiler=Items]

Power-ups

They increase a character's stats (POW, HP, Coins, DEF, FP) or they benefit the controller (getting extra Lives).

The ways to activate these are the following:

1. Normal Activation

2. Spend 8 Coins.

3. Via Effects.

For example, the Mushroom card would increase the POW and HP of a character by 2.

OCG you need to know

POW = The attack stat of a character.

HP = The life/hit points of a character.

Coins = Kind of like Mana. Very important.

DEF = The defense stat of a character. DEF lowers the opponent's POW by the DEF number.

FP = Flower Points (lolpapermario). Another Mana-esque ability. Important as hell.

Lives = The point of the game. You have 3 lives. When you lose all of them, you get a game over.

Support Items

They give off various effects.

1. Normal Activation

2. Effects.

For example, the Support Card "? Block" lets you add 1 Power-Up from your Deck to your hand.

Traps

Sadly like the Yugioh Traps, only they're a little different. They involve the countless amounts of traps/secrets that Mario had to deal with.

1. Normal Activation (Rarely)

2. Effects (Very common)

For example, the Trap "Pitfall" destroys a Character when it's placed on the field.

[spoiler=In-depth discussion on Coins and FP]

Coins and FP are the mana of the Mario TCG world. Coins can be used to "buy" Power-Ups, activate characters effects and so on. FP is used to conduct special moves and activate some characters abilities. A good Deck will always consist of ways to gain Coins and FP. Without them your Deck will run pretty slow and you'll have less chances to win. During the beginning of each turn you gain 1 Coin (which you will place in the Coin Block, an invisible place where you store coins.) and recover 1 FP (You start the game with 10. There MAY be cards that increase your FP limit. *coughmaplesyrupcough*).

I have too much time on my hands. But anyways, pretty much a quick description on some mechanics/Items.

Ok, so here is the plot for Chapter 1:

Parakarry delivers the letters to everyone. We open up at Mario's house where Luigi gets the letter. Luigi alerts Mario that he recieved a letter. Mario takes the letter and reads it out. It seems Toadsworth wants to invite Mario and the gang to the Mushroom Manor Wharf at the Twin Rivers Junction and wants them to bring all their gear. Mario and Luigi get excited, so they get prepared. They forgot some gear back at the castle, so they travel to Peach's Castle.

On the way, they see Bowser with the same letter of invitation. He says he will not try to cause trouble today, but vows that he will one day take over the Mushroom Kingdom. When Mario and Luigi get to Peach's Castle to see peach, they see her getting prepared for the party. They have a conversation, where Peach says she is going to the party with Daisy, but she asks if Mario and Luigi saw Toadsworth anywhere. They say they didn't see him anywhere, but probably is preparing the party. Before Mario and Luigi leave, Peach gets their gear for the party.

At 5:55 PM, the time of the party, Mario and Luigi goes down a beaten, old road. This is where they meet Yoshi, Birdo and DK. They conversate until the bell rings at 6:00 PM, the time of the party. Yoshi, Birdo and DK rush towards the party. As Mario and Luigi get to the party, they were surprised at all the decorations such as crystal lights, a fountain, and a waterfall. As Mario and Luigi hit the snack bar, they meet up with Wario and Waluigi. Wario and Waluigi are glad they were invited since they believed a higher-order person of the Mushroom Kingdom recognized their strength, but then they trash talk to Mario and Luigi.

When the party approached to 8:00 PM, Toadsworth finally appears. He goes to the mic, gives his greetings, then traps the gang. He reveals himself to be Tarvisk, agent of Yliaster. The gang are trapped in a cage with a Wormhole, which leads to the YGO Universe (The gang doesn't know about the dimension). Tarvisk then gloats about the trap he set and revealed the purpose for the party (Gain the power of the Crimson Dragon from the Mario Universe). He summons, how about Dark Armed Dragon(?). The Crimson Dragon, sensing D-Energy in the area, gives power to the 10 people and reveal their signer marks (There are twice as many!).

The gang then battled Tarvisk and Dark Armed Dragon. It seemed as though Mario and the gang gained the upper hand, but Tarvisk used the effect of Dark Armed Dragon to defeat them all. He then taunts at the abilities of the signers, saying how pathetic they were. He opened the Wormhole, which absorbed everyone. While everyone was falling down the wormhole, terrified about being cardified. The Crimson Dragon appeared out of nowhere, and explained a bit on his origin and the current situation to everyone. He then teleported Mario and Luigi to safety in New Domino while the others became cardified. Mario and Luigi wake up on the outskirts of New Domino.

I gave you the plot, so I will copy any work this thread gives me/PMs me into my notebook program. When the first chapter is posted, I will create the next chapter's plot.

Thanks Ethan and Lukas.

Wait, Ice did you seriously ask RL friends to join for the sole purpose of ensuring Mario's victory >.>

I don't know whether to be impressed at your fanboyism or facepalm at your desperation..

Though since I like the result, guess I'll go with the former.

Mario is <3 though.

Archived