The Pub at the Edge of the Multiverse ~ Fanfiction Public Planning Thread

Hydra of Ages

I don't know how often this has been done, but here is what I'm working on: A crossover between Yugioh and Pokemon. This is what will happen:

Ash will meet a mysterious character who he battles with. The end of the battle is not seen (Only the beggining is) but later signs indicate that Ash probably lost. Meanwhile, in an alternate dimension, Yugi does some duel monsters stuff and goes to visit a friend of his. His friend's father is a scientist who shows Yugi a machine he has created with the help of builders and such. Yugi is exposed to its effects (Incorrect effects) And is sucked into an alternate dimension. The dimension that Ash just so happens to be living in. Yugi meets Ash and they learn that the mysterious person Ash battled is a thief, who somehow got off with Ash's Pikachu without him noticing (Which gets Team Rocket in a pretty bad mood when they find out). When they find the man, whose name turns out to be Shadow, they have a 2 on 1 pokemon battle with him. Yugi uses his monster cards as Pokemon (Like Dark Magician). Will Ash and Yugi win? Want me to tell you? Too bad. Any suggestions for the story? No, this isn't all I've got I just wanted to make it brief.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aesirson here, looking for some advice!

I have this idea for a fantasy story involving the four Elements, Light and Darkness, that kind of stuff.

The setting is this: A steampunkish world inspired mainly by the mythological old Norse (yea, the vikings didn't really have the castle-like halls shown in films), ancient Greece and ancient Asia. This world is connected to the Spirit World, a world where mythological beings such as dragons, elementals and the like are said to come from. Normal human beings are not able to travel to the Spirit World, and spiritual creatures aren't usually able to traverse the border either.

There are, however, certain humans who are born with five souls within themselves. These five souls are the human's own soul as well as four spirirts representing the four elements. Usually, there are no signs of the four "hitch-hikers" until the human reaches their mid-teens (15-17) which is when the spirits mature and the human can learn to control the four elements with the help of the spirits who share his or her body. While not exactly rare, human beings with elemental spirits are uncommon, and only about one in ten children has five souls when they are born.

The story itself is about a girl who is one of these humans, who wants to join her country's army and fellow "spirirt-owners" to help stop a revolution that is brewing in the land's capital. Although before she can do this she must learn how to control and commune with the spirits who live within her, which is probably what the first part of the story would be about.

I'm still polishing on the details. I have yet to come up with names for any characters, places or terms. The prototype term for a person with five souls is elementalist, but I feel, since it is a word that would be used quite a lot in the story, that it is too long and has too many syllables for it to be "comfortable" to read so often.

Any thoughts, suggestions or just rant relating to this?

Perhaps there could be a common name for these people. Like a slang term that is used, despite them really being called elementalists.

Hello everyone of the Pub at the Edge of the Multiverse. I'm currently working on a Yu-Gi-Oh! GX fic and am in dire need assistance. I've gathered the plot of my story and am currently trying to make the Plot as original as one of these fics can get. I honestly was inspired to write one of these from reading another persons fic. Anyway my fic is in no way shape or form going to copy said persons. But back to the point. I'm finding it rather difficult to come up with my main characters deck. I've already created several characters decks and have found a format I like for their decks. Each character contains a 60 card deck. Since deck lists don't get posted. When they are in a duel and need a certain card, I'll add it to the side deck as proof that they had indeed used that card. I'll use my Kaiba character's deck as an example here. We'll call him Little Kaiba.

He is a second year of the Duelist Academy in which his Great Uncle, Seto had begun. He is the first Kaiba to actually attend the academy and has inherited the Blue-Eyes White Dragon cards from his family. Those aren't the only Blue-Eyes anymore. There are now copies of them. Just the copies have different pictures. There were only 4 of them with the original picture and one was torn in half. So only the Kaiba family had the remaining three. Anyway, he runs a straight Dragon deck that focuses on Special Summoning multiple monsters as sacrafices for the Blue-Eyes. In this deck he also has a Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon to help with that. His strongest card besides his Fusion Monsters would be Montage Dragon. He'll mainly use this to get Blue-Eyes into the grave to try and Special Summon him from the grave. This is only the first draft of his deck. All of my characters decks need to evolve from the state they are in. Which is why he runs straight Dragon's. Anyway, his deck is all about powerful monsters. He has Five-Headed Dragon and even though it isn't in use, he also has Dragon Master Knight that he obtained on a rare oppertunity.

My Main Character is Fuya Ikeda. He is a carefree duelist who duels for the fun of the game. He was never really insterested in the competitive ways of dueling. Chapter one like most chapters of a GX fic will be the entrance exam. But, it won't be like others where he has crappy circumstances and an impossible chance of winning to show off his deck. It is just another regular match. But he shows no real competitive spirit and finds himself in the middle dorm. I need deck ideas for him. A deck that can be good now, but transform into a great deck. It has to have room for improvement. I almost went with a Destiny/Elemental Hero deck. Or even an Evil Hero, but that is too much like the Anime Series. Which I want to avoid. I was thinking of giving him a deck based around Vampire Lord set and add in Cat's Ear Tribe to be in combination with Patrician of Darkness. But I'm not too sure how that'd work. That combo would only work once unless there was a card to force attacks from the opponents. But I would like my deck to feature Cat's Ear Tribe. So decks that follow that would be nice. They don't need an exact theme to follow Cat's Ear Tribe.

This fic does happen 30 years after the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Series, so I want to add in Tuners and Synchro Monsters. But just note that this is sort of their beginning. So only Pro Duelists really have them. With the exception of some of the richer kids, excluding Little Kaiba who has shown no real interest in them.

Anyway, I comprised a list of things I need help with. If you need anymore details, don't be afraid to ask. I am the one asking for help.

- Fuya's deck type, not an exact deck list.

- The dorm monsters, basically gods of this fic. Should they be created or real? Like Victory Dragon, ect.

- Any other OC's with deck types or even lists if you want to add an OC to a fic.

- Any imput on my idea of letting Little Kaiba be a female character?

- Fuya's deck type, not an exact deck list. = Maybe those new Evosaur things. Has anything been done with them?

- The dorm monsters, basically gods of this fic. Should they be created or real? Like Victory Dragon, ect. - I'm not sure. Maybe Signer dragons? Something like Stardust Silver, Archfiend Red and Rose Black (You can work on that)

- Any other OC's with deck types or even lists if you want to add an OC to a fic. - Not sure what this is but may be included below.

- Any imput on my idea of letting Little Kaiba be a female character? - Would be interesting I suppose. Maybe also add a descendant of Yugi with a spellcaster deck. It can include dark magician but can be based on Endymion.

Also add some custom cards. i'm working on a spellcaster called Aqua Force magician or something. Yugi's descendant can use that as a main card if you want. I like your idea so I'm trying to help here. Yugi's descendant is like the me of the fic =P

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guise. I know hardly anyone ever posts here- as in this section- anymore, but I thought I'd throw out an idea of something I could write.

For anyone that doesn't know, I've been throwing out one shots here and there alongside a fic that's beginning to drag on me, so I think I want to write something else, something that I'll know will be shorter and I can end without too much trouble.

The idea I had would basically be to write a Pokémon movie, based not on Ash and co., but May, Max, and, if I get a say in it, Brendan/Ruby.

Or maybe I'll go with Gold, Silver, & Crystal. I haven't yet decided, actually.

That's not so much a story idea as much as it is just a list of characters.

Basically, but honestly, if it's based around Pokémon and you're going for a movie feel, there's not too much variation on plots.

1. Trainers meet up/arrive

2. Meet Legendary Pokémon

3. Serious problem arises involving legendary pokémon

4. Characters go/moved somewhere or the environment is changed because something related to legendary pokémon

5. Characters go to a sacred place

6. Characters and Legendary Pokémon overcome the challenges and obstacles bringing balance to the world/area.

It's really how most of them go.

I'm still working on what I'm gonna do, prolly attempt to not do any of that... er, most of any of that.

HEY GUYS. I CAME UP WITH SOMETHING TOTALLY ORIGINAL! EXCEPT IT'S BASED ON AN EXISTING PROPERTY. BUT WHATEVER.

Anyway, this is my idea for part one of a story based on Power Rangers; therefore, every single one of you just stopped giving even the tiniest of sh*ts. Also, sorry for the upcoming wall of painfully nerdy text that I shall never look at again 'lest I die under the crushing weight of shame.

Power Rangers Future

This series is set in a futuristic city setting, with technology far beyond where it is today; however, it takes place after a massive energy crisis, leaving the city dark and the previously pampered citizens struggling to survive. (Very bleak and harsh, if stylized, place) The protagonist is Nass Venti, a troubled teenager who finds joy only in driving the motorbike he painstakingly restored around the city and helping people. One day, while protecting a family from a strange group of masked assailants, he meets Voss, the evil leader of the gang, who plans to turn the city into his personal playground. Voss seems to possess some supernatural power, as he gravely injures Nass and leaves him for dead. He is saved by the appearance of the Yellow Ranger, who activates his dormant Red Ranger powers and tells him that he was one of the children born with a crystal in their wrist, which can give them their powers. This gives him an upgraded motorcycle as well. She reveals that she has a powerful grudge against Voss, and forces Nass to to her bidding by placing a device on his arm that controls the crystal, morphing him whenever she wants, hurting him and destroying the crystal if he takes it off. (Yellow is extremely harsh and revenge-driven. She never demorphs until the end.) The yellow ranger forces Nass to put himself in harm's way, making him search for the other rangers and clues to Voss's whereabouts. On one of these missions, he meets the Pink Ranger, but at her behest, doesn't tell yellow. Pink demorphs and promises to liberate him from Yellow's control, and he slowly falls for her. She rescues some children which yellow told Nass not to because it would endanger their chances of defeating Voss. One of these kids turns out to be the blue ranger, who Pink promises she'll protect from Yellow's ambitions, as he's just a small child. (Nass does not really want to be a ranger, as it puts those he interacts with in danger from Voss. As such, he does not beleive a small child should be entrenched in the fight between good and evil.)

Later, in Voss's layer, a dark and sinister place, Pink delivers an unconsious blue to him, informing him the plan went perfectly. We see her run to Nass in his living space, confessing that Voss has captured blue, and she needs his help to save him. Pink leads him to an ambush, removing his morpher, which knocks him out and puts his life in danger. Yellow, who was notified of it's destruction, comes to his aid. When he awakens, they are in Yellow's lab. (Full of technology to find rangers, a secret good counterpart to Voss's lair.) She explains that if Voss can find a Ranger in a state when they cannot put up a fight, he can corrupt their crystal and turn them into slaves. This is what happened to Pink, and will soon happen to bBue if they cannot rescue him. For some reason, Voss could not corrupt red, and so chose to dispose of him instead. Nass reveals that he saw Pink enter a portal, and Yellow tells him that with the right technology, she can reopen it. There is stll the matter of Nass's lost powers, the wrist device being a precaution to avoid Voss being able to corrupt him. Pink took the shards of his crystal, and if they retreive them, he can become the Red Ranger again. Yellow devises a short term solution by making a device that uses the remnants of his power to turn him into the superpowered but volatile Shock Ranger. This will put him in extreme danger, and Yellow (Having gotten softer over time) strongly advises him not to do it. He refuses and takes the morpher anyway, saying that it's the only way they can rescue Blue and maybe Pink, too.

So ends part one.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, in all fairness, I'm kinda getting sick of the Wanderer.

It's not the characters or the plot or anything. It's just the dueling. :\ I HATE writing duels. I just hate it, it adds too much work to the writing process for little gain.

I'll probably end up writing a new fic using a similar plot to what I was planning on doing. Maybe a Digimon fic. Or Pokémon. Idk, I'm still working out what I should do.

Writing duels is extremely difficult; I definitely strayed away from it during the first 25 episodes of D-Accel, but I'm getting back to it now a bit because it's the most important element mid-plot.

Either way, I'm getting off-topic, but yeah; The Wanderer was so good.

This.

So much this.

The amount of times where I need a card with a really simple, generic effect that it can't possibly not exist, and it doesn't exist!

f*** you Konami!

Gonna get warned for being off topic in a minute

MOVE TO THE PUB!

We've arrived.

So yeah, I think I'm going to attempt to remake the feel of the Wanderer in a different world. Hopefully I can pull it off.

But the GX-feel it had was part of the reason I enjoyed it so much. I was excited to see them move away from Duel Academy, no doubt, but I thought you had something awesome going there. It doesn't have to be centered on duels. If you've read any of D-Accel lately you'll see how much I've focused on other aspects of plot (really devoting an entire story arc to it) and am only now, on Episode 29, getting back to making duels relevant. I mean yeah, it's Yu-Gi-Oh!, so part of it should involve duels, but they don't have to be the centerpiece.

Making the Duels is always a chore. But, I seem to enjoy it most. Which is odd I guess. And intresting is a matter of perspective.

And I agee with Neo, the wanderer was amazing. It was different, and it felt like it to. It'll be intresting to see if you can recreate that feeling in another universe.

Would be nice to see the section alive again.

I've read The Wanderer (just because I don't comment in here much doesn't mean I don't observe), and I have to say that your characters would be very interesting if developed in a non-DA world. DA fics require a very specific mindset when approaching characters and plot (being set at an academy after all) and while I liked the personalities you wrote, I don't think they meshed well enough. Maybe try something in the relatively darker 5Ds universe?

I don't know if you'd even be able to find it now, but God Kaze had (to this day still) the best D/A based FF I've ever read in his short venture into this section. It was an absolutely awesome story and had tons of followers for good reason. Maybe utilize some ideas like that if you could find it.

D-Accel is set post 5D's, which gives me the ability to go a lot darker than I would with a GX or even IRL-base FF.

Setting does matter a lot. And I agree with Rinne, that maybe post 5D's would have made it nicer to write on your behalf. Since its less, I'm at a school, and more I'm living in a oppressed world where there is no sense of justice.

Have you chosen what setting your new fic might be in?

I don't find yours that dark Neo. But thats just my view of it. I mean, it has bits of dark in it, but I don't class it as dark fiction.

I've read The Wanderer (just because I don't comment in here much doesn't mean I don't observe), and I have to say that your characters would be very interesting if developed in a non-DA world. DA fics require a very specific mindset when approaching characters and plot (being set at an academy after all) and while I liked the personalities you wrote, I don't think they meshed well enough. Maybe try something in the relatively darker 5Ds universe?

The joke is that after the tournament, the setting would get darker.

If I actually do decide to continue it, it will, at least. :\ But like I said, writing duels is just getting to me.

Setting does matter a lot. And I agree with Rinne, that maybe post 5D's would have made it nicer to write on your behalf. Since its less, I'm at a school, and more I'm living in a oppressed world where there is no sense of justice.

Have you chosen what setting your new fic might be in?

I don't find yours that dark Neo. But thats just my view of it. I mean, it has bits of dark in it, but I don't class it as dark fiction.

That's because you're not far enough into it yet to understand the main plot/premise, I suppose would be the best way to describe it. The story is about half-way done and I still have tons more to unfold; in that sense, there's still plenty of time to focus on that element, but to somehow classify a murder that is hidden from the public (Takumi Moreno), and then all sorts of crazy mind-control s***, idk, maybe I'm just not that far into it.

Okay, here's something I've been wanting to do.

About 2 weeks ago at the earliest, I checked out a book from my school library, which really got me back into reading. It was called Try Not To Breathe by Jennifer Hubbard (Check her out if you can, she's a good writer). And, the story pulled me in like nothing else has. I finished it within a few days, but that's not why I'm speaking right now.

The purpose of this post is to explain something special. A few days back, I had intentions on doing a complete rewrite of my book, called The Silent Words, and decided to do a whole other take on how to start it. I'm also changing the name (As a similar name is being used for a movie, which sucks) to Silent Demeanor, but I'm not sure why yet. Here's the intended story:

Bruce Creign (Pronounced Crane) is your typical teenager. Gets good grades, above average high school reputation, all that stuff. He even has a friend who has been with him through thick and thin since they were both 5 years old, named Sarah Louke (Pronounced Luke). Well, it's their senior year, and now, things begin to change for them. They both begin to have bigger feelings for one another that will slowly reveal itself over time until they bring their relationship to the next level after 12 years. But, Sarah doesn't believe that doing so is right. Because so, their own relationship with one another begins to crumble for their last year of high school, until it's time for Bruce to take the fall, literally. He survives, but the two reflect on what led to such choices, and where their relationship goes from there is now in their hands.

That's the summary. What the events will be I'm unsure as of yet, but when I can get it all planned out, I can assure you that this story will be pretty good, depending on how things turn out. Thoughts?

Just gonna leave this here for someone to enjoy... a bit of a preview of the fic I'm planning. I've got the world pretty much nailed down at this point, as well as many parts of the story. Still a work in progress, but this much shouldn't change in the time. Enjoy:

From the times of old a legend once sprung,

Of Heroes, sent by the great Amatarumon,

When the guardians of the land began a long slumber,

Arisen from their shadows, still four strong in number,

Were the Demon Kings, copies, of the sleeping guardians,

Whom cast waves of Silence, Decay, Deceit, Confusion.

So from another world, these heroes did appear,

Though the demons thought them only children, nothing they needed to fear,

But with the powers of light, of the sun and of the moon,

And of great Susanoomon, with the strength of a typhoon.

These heroes, small in stature, but very strong in heart,

Put all their effort into defeating the demons from the start.

And although we do not know yet how their story will unfold,

We do know what's at stake, young humans: The Digital World.

Just gonna leave this here for someone to enjoy... a bit of a preview of the fic I'm planning. I've got the world pretty much nailed down at this point, as well as many parts of the story. Still a work in progress, but this much shouldn't change in the time. Enjoy:

Although I find poems ultimately cringey read when their purpose is to tell a story, a Digimon fanfic sounds interesting. It's a good opening though.

• 3 weeks later...

I was honestly planning on printing a couple things on the site. The thing is, Some what like the RP forums, this hasfallen out of grace. I'm not bashing all the rules, I mean it should be common sense writing 3 lines is tupid for a fanfuc, and I guess 2 pages is good tho the idea's usualy spill over in to more than that, since its a chapter. the main gripe for fanficking now is. Its lost its charm, Whats the point of puting up your post after you have it checked? people will have already seen it, and will have lost some if not most of its suprise/charm. What happened to good old Rain checks? Save room in the first two to three posts for your writing, then people read it, you ask for rainchecks after every added chapter, people give rainchecks and give critisisms, and comment on it, thats sort of the carm of it, It seems these rules were put in place, just so this forum could exist.

Examples:

1. Your writing is popular, and everyones clamoring to read it. then, you want to have it proof read, the only people you can go to is this forum, you go here, and give it, and a good chunk of fans learn whats happened in the story, they tell their friend then again, and again, till very fiew people are left with an intrest in going to the forum to actualy read it.
  2. Your a first time Fic'er.(IE me) And you decide to come here for help, and becaous of all your idea's and future plans or writtings being spilled out here basicaly stops your roleplay from ever getting off because of the reason above, everybody will know your plans/ideas.

This is not complaining by the way just wearyness.

From the times of old a legend once sprung,

Of Heroes, sent by the great Amatarumon,

First line:

(You should remove "The" its slightly cluncky and it ruins the flow of the phrase.Once again, In poetry flow is everything,"A")

Second line:

(The same with "Of" and "The" Great is a defining term and in poetry just like Hero's should be capitalized for emphasys)

When the guardians of the land began a long slumber,

Arisen from their shadows, still four strong in number,

Were the Demon Kings, copies, of the sleeping guardians,

Whom cast waves of Silence, Decay, Deceit, Confusion.

First line:

(insted of the Define their number, by the fact theres four demons, When 4 guardians of the land, began a long slumber.)

Second line:

("Still" is redundant becaous they had just arose from shadows, so I would remove it.)

Third line:

("Were the" could be removed to give better flow.)

Fourth line:

(This line is pretty good, tho its gramticly wrong becaous your missing the And. it works, tho putting And could add emphasys)(Because its the final line if that section.)

So from another world, these heroes did appear,

Though the demons thought them only children, nothing they needed to fear,

First line:

(This is all realy good, its mostly flow problems. Take out "so" and "these")

Second line:

(Take out "Though" and may work better as, "Saw only children" insted and then, "And so Fear they did not.")

But with the powers of light, of the sun and of the moon,

And of great Susanoomon, with the strength of a typhoon.

These heroes, small in stature, but very strong in heart,

Put all their effort into defeating the demons from the start.

First line:

(Take out "But" and "The". then, "Of Sun" )

Second line:

("With strength that of a typhoon.")

Third line:

(Good line, Just take out "very")

Fourth line:

("their efforts all to defeating the Dark Kings" Emphasys)

And although we do not know yet how their story will unfold,

We do know what's at stake, young humans: The Digital World.

(Although we yet know the fate of their unfolding story.)

(Whats at stake, young humans: The Digital World!)

I Quite like this, I know I'm one to talk about grammar but. If your going to have it on your forum its best to spruce it abit, but if not sorry for wasting your time. *Bows gently.*

I was rather interested in making an original fiction. Somewhat revolution-inspired by Matt's writing. As an overview, it's set in an alternate version of Earth where government has spiralled into anarchy and most places in the world are ruled by local gangs. I'm not sure where I'm going to go with the plot at the moment, but I'm hoping that drafting out a prologue will help. I'm expecting to be regularly shifting setting and perspective. The psi of the logo is supposed to represent choice. I'm expecting some sort of group to mark themselves using the sign, a la The Dark Knight. I'm also expecting the story to be driven by the theme of revelation, realisation and choices. Hence Elucidation. It really is in its very first stages. Prologue's not finished yet.

2cy5seb.jpg

Arc I : React

- Dramatis Personæ 1: Read in the Rain

- Prologue: The First Goodbye

- Chapter 2: Words

- Chapter 3:

World Notes: Guns are fairly uncommon because this alternate world are behind in developing them, and they have become expensive to produce without political and financial authority present. The most common weapons in usage are knives, especially in poorer districts.

[spoiler=Prologue: The First Goodbye]

|

London was characterised by the constant fog obscuring it and the towering buildings that defined the skyline. An ominous silence had captured the city and only the latent hum of everyday mechanisms indicated the presence of community. London was fortunate enough to have some sort of government, even if it was fairly weak. The ruins of an Old World building, the Houses of Parliament, was home to the remaining shreds of power that were in the hands of the law. The building itself had been reinforced with barbed wire and faded banners were draped across the exterior - the remains of political slogans like 'WE SHALL STAY STRONG' were almost mocking in this era. It was no surprise that the city was crumbling on itself.

But, silence never did last long on the streets of London. The hustle and bustle of Old World times past were replaced by uneasy violence. Gangs of the neighbourhood roamed via day patrols - usually small regiments of low-ranking members carrying knives. England still had water, thanks to various neutral organisations, but gang knives never seemed to be clean. They were speckled with blood; dulled grey and red killers, wearing their pasts on their sleeves. You couldn't expect quiet to last for that long without screams resounding through the air. It was usually haunting, and sometimes accompanied with the cries of nearby children, but always followed by some sort of scuffle between nearby gangs alerted to some sort of kill. Yet, it was somewhat a surprise when the calm was disrupted this particular day by, not by a scream, but instead by a gunshot. It was a rare occurrence in this city where guns had pretty much been banned. One of the last acts of government was to lead a raid on gangs - which had managed to confiscate most of the guns in London, with the help of some pro-government groups. The sheer security on the outskirts of the city stopped anyone or anything getting them in, or getting out for that matter. The scraps of power Parliament had were clearly still enough to take control of the city. It was just unfortunate that they were willing to let the city die in order to protect it.

My point as been completely proven, Its been over a week and no one has even responded to what I said, When no one ever comes to this thing whats the point? Forcing a rule that you have to use this thing to draft your Idea's or conserns is completely pointless if no one comes to this regularly.

And Rai. The idea is cool. Simaler to blade runner, I would watch the movie for insperation. if you have Idea's, You can bounce them off of me through PM insted of here. I dont feel using something that dosent work is like jolting a dead body with electricity, it will twitch, but its not alive.

I have an ASSLOAD of ideas to work with. This is one:

Sigils are magical symbols. Magic is mana metaphysically arranged into sigils that, when arranged in magical circuits, can perform an action. Different kinds of mana needs different sets of sigils, so demonic mana will need demonic, sigils, heavenly mana would need heavenly sigils... and alien mana would need alien sigils. This is about magic, but mainly about a boy who seems to be the smart version of Steve-O (more brain, bigger ideas, less shits to give)

Enter Jay Thompson, a 20 y-o hacker who had made himself a great fame as a blogger AND certified madman, screen name "Psychoman", catching glimpse of several of his insane acts around the world (he once got into Fort Knox IN UNDERWEAR, which made him gain the title of "Craziest Blogger Vid Ever" after he managed to get out and live to tell about it).

He then began to jump into unwanted territory when he got into a fight between a magical girl and several goons. The girl turned out to be his little sister, who had been operating under the tutelage of a guardian since she had 10 (i.e., 6 years ago). She revealed that to him after she got discovered and she made him promise to not tell. He hastily agreed.

One day, he was updating his blog when the bad guys, the same than those that were after his sister, targeted him (because he got followed during his whole "following up the magical girl" thingy). He thought it was the end until he found a cave with a metal plate... Next time he knew, he was darting through space, right into Andromeda.

In the middle of the alien place, actually the main room of a ominous castle-like building, he got surprised about aliens speaking English. They told him about their magic and how it can relate to his. He mentioned the fact he was not high in mana, which, according to some experts, is the reason of his worldwide known hunger for peril. They gave him a stone that converts regular energy in Alien Mana (original use: instantly replenish an alien magic user after he depleted his mana) and sent him back to the cave. Why?

Maybe because they needed a beacon to monitor our world and that guy was the only one available. Maybe they thought their power would help us in the wake of the Mystic games. Or maybe because they sensed his hidden intelligence and technical prowess and thought he could come up with a form to use it properly.

So far, the first can't be proved yet and the second is on the making... but the third was done. After returning to the cave, he used the markings on the transporting plate and some ingenuity to create the PsyCommander, a cellphone-like device he can use to digitally perform spells with his Galaxy Stone (he wanted to name it some how) by dialing the sigils, then charging them on the stone and shoot them up. And thus, Psychoman is up to the challenge. LET GET... FRENETIC! LE-LE-LET'S GET FRENETIC!!

Some hints: The idea of th3e PsyCommander came from Samurais... PR Samurai, more precisely (I was thinking on Antonio's Samurai Morpher, actually). The thing of alien mana was pulled out of nowhere, thought.

Archived