The Pub at the Edge of the Multiverse ~ Fanfiction Public Planning Thread

Hydra of Ages

If you don't care about making your story better why did bother posting about it here? This is the public planning thread, a help thread, not an ass kissing thread.

That's not what I said. I said I could care less about what certain people have to say. If people want me to just give them the answers to some of the questions faster than I intend to, then they're rushing me, and I won't tolerate impatient people. If you think I posted this idea here so that I could basically say, "Kiss my ass YCM, my story is the best!" then you're dead wrong.

I take my time to let things come together. Although it may be a huge mess of questions that people will be asking, the answers will still be revealed, just not at the time that people want them to. If someone wanted something in my story to happen earlier than I wanted, then they can do a What-If version in a separate thread and see how well that works out.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Double C4

I swear, I think C4's very presence in Creative Writing acts as some sort of Crab Signal.

That's not what I said. I said I could care less about what certain people have to say. If people want me to just give them the answers to some of the questions faster than I intend to, then they're rushing me, and I won't tolerate impatient people.

No you see the reason they're annoyed isn't because they're impatient. It's because writing cryptically as all hell is just bad storytelling. You're writing to entertain, the audience isn't obliged to read anything you write, and if you can't offer anything that they can derive enjoyment over, why should they?

You also didn't even mention anything I said about your characters lacking initiative.

Secondly: In one chapter, there's a school dance. The girls wear bows in their hair to signal what year they're in. (One bow = Freshman. Two bows = Second year student). I don't know what the boys would wear.

• Differently colored ties (white for first, yellow for second, etc.)
  • Different flowers pinned to their lapel (Daffodil, Lily, Rose). Possibly just multiples of a single flower type, depending on year.
  • Badges, or some sort of pin.

So, I have this plot idea forming that involves copious abuse of Groundhog Day loops. Basically, the main character periodically experiences some cataclysmic event that he didn't manage to prevent, then finds himself some amount of time (ranging between an hour, a week or a month) back in time, and armed with pre-knowledge, manages to sort it out the second (or in some cases, third time) around, thus ending that loop. The problem is that, unlike in other Loops, death for the main character here is permanent; whenever the cataclysmic event happens, he personally has to survive, otherwise he's just dead.

The problem is, I can't think of a way for the main character to know that, or even somehow figure it out. At some point, I think it might become awkward that the main character fights so hard to stay alive, even though he isn't entirely certain that it even matters. I obviously can't have him test it out, since, you know, dead.

Hey guys, I have an idea for a story, tell me if you like it: it's about these three kids who [REDACTED] and there's a secret organization that [REDACTED] so [REDACTED]. I'm still trying to work out [REACTED], but [REDACTED] probably [REDACTED] eventually. Thoughts? (P.S. Don't ask me to un-redact anything, it would spoil the surprise!)

So, I have this plot idea forming that involves copious abuse of Groundhog Day loops. Basically, the main character periodically experiences some cataclysmic event that he didn't manage to prevent, then finds himself some amount of time (ranging between an hour, a week or a month) back in time, and armed with pre-knowledge, manages to sort it out the second (or in some cases, third time) around, thus ending that loop. The problem is that, unlike in other Loops, death for the main character here is permanent; whenever the cataclysmic event happens, he personally has to survive, otherwise he's just dead.

The problem is, I can't think of a way for the main character to know that, or even somehow figure it out. At some point, I think it might become awkward that the main character fights so hard to stay alive, even though he isn't entirely certain that it even matters. I obviously can't have him test it out, since, you know, dead.

Have damage inflicted to his physical body stay with him when he rewinds. If rewinding time doesn't heal bruises or a broken arm, it's clearly not going to heal death either.

Either that, or have rewinding time require conscious effort (and call attention to it - maybe one time he's too drunk to concentrate hard enough to rewind time or something). Hard to put conscious effort into anything when you're dead.

If people get quickly annoyed by me not answering the questions that add up as fast as they appear, I could care less, because you all should know that patience is key.

I'm not gonna just be the kind of person who creates the first question in the third chapter and then answer it in chapter 6. Life isn't like that, and I'm making sure that my story isn't like that either, even if it is fiction.

Part 1: Do you know how many stories there are in the world? If I spent every waking second of my life reading, I wouldn't even begin to make a dent in it. So when I start reading a story, it better be worth my damn time. You can't tell me "oh, well, it picks up on page 40". I'm not going to make it there if pages 1-39 are enigmatic, slow, boring, and frustrating. Patience is decidedly not key. This goes double for the professional writing world. Publishers will look at maybe the first page of your manuscript in order to decide if you are worth their time. You better make sure that your story is interesting from the start, not sometime later and assure people that "it gets better".

Part 2: The really cool thing about fiction is it's not real life. Do you write about how your character got up in the morning, took one step, then another step, then another step, then another step, then opened his dresser, then took out a pair of socks, then put on his left sock, then put on his right sock.....etc. No. Or at least I hope not. Good fiction is actually about highly contrived circumstances, you just need to be able to write it in a way that the reader doesn't realize it.

I swear, I think C4's very presence in Creative Writing acts as some sort of Crab Signal.

She's just trying to make me miserable, either because she broke the Jack Witt Clause by calling me "a garbage reviewer" or some other reason that I'm unaware of. I still don't know why she's still acting how she is after so long. She's acting like people can't change, more specifically me, since she hates me because of a simple screw-up. And it wasn't attempting to be a Fan Fic reviewer. Because I already know I tried it way too early without any reviewing experience.

Part 1: Do you know how many stories there are in the world? If I spent every waking second of my life reading, I wouldn't even begin to make a dent in it. So when I start reading a story, it better be worth my damn time. You can't tell me "oh, well, it picks up on page 40". I'm not going to make it there if pages 1-39 are enigmatic, slow, boring, and frustrating. Patience is decidedly not key. This goes double for the professional writing world. Publishers will look at maybe the first page of your manuscript in order to decide if you are worth their time. You better make sure that your story is interesting from the start, not sometime later and assure people that "it gets better".

Part 2: The really cool thing about fiction is it's not real life. Do you write about how your character got up in the morning, took one step, then another step, then another step, then another step, then opened his dresser, then took out a pair of socks, then put on his left sock, then put on his right sock.....etc. No. Or at least I hope not. Good fiction is actually about highly contrived circumstances, you just need to be able to write it in a way that the reader doesn't realize it.

I see what you're getting at, but trust me, even though a lot of things might not be happening in the story, I'd say it will be worth "your damn time". It might not be believable yet, but when you are on your toes waiting for more, you'll see what I mean.

BTW Hydra, in all technicality, the protagonists do have a motivation, it's just very faint and very hard to notice. But as time goes on, it begins to be seen more and more clearly. Is that what you wanted to hear or am I still being ridiculous?

- Differently colored ties (white for first, yellow for second, etc.)

- Different flowers pinned to their lapel (Daffodil, Lily, Rose). Possibly just multiples of a single flower type, depending on year.

- Badges, or some sort of pin.

Actually...

[spoilers]

It's a GX fanfic, so the colour of the ribbons and the colour of the ties are matching their dorm colours. They can't be coloured differently.

I had an idea of a badge or a pin, but I wanted it to be easily recognizable, at a glance, what year they were in. Something like a pin that said "fourth year" or something wouldn't work. I had an idea of making it four tie clips, but that would look incredibly tacky and awful.

Flowers on their lapels would be rather... too feminine IMO. If they had to have a flower I'd imagine it would match their dorm colours.

I eventually settled on going to the completely opposite end of the spectrum. Instead of making their year incredibly easy to figure out at a glance for boys, the difference between years is the way they tie their tie. A 4-in-hand knot for first years, a Pratt knot for second years, a half windsor, and a full windsor for third and fourth. The joke being that they all look pretty much identical unless you saw the tie being tied in front of you or you had the tie in your hand. (It's a humour story... allegedly. >_>)

What Crab said.

Though to piggyback off the second one, think about it like Majora's Mask. Link has to play the Ocarina in order to go back to the Dawn of the First Day. Maybe Protagonist has to hit a magic button on his watch to rewind time, and he can't rewind time without a pulse.

If you want more ideas:

a) Some outside entity (possibly the person that gave him the Ocarina) explains it to him. Or explains it cryptically.

b) Make him the Determinator and make him determined not to die even though he doesn't know for certain he'll die.

c) Make him die, then wake up in the ER. Doctor comes in. "Wow, we were afraid you weren't gonna come back. Your heart and brain stopped on the operating table but eventually you managed to pull through. We have no idea how you managed to get into such a shape just lying in bed though." And then the protagonists agonizes about how he has to spend this loop in the ICU and unable to stop anything.

They're not as good ideas, but w/e.

Also three loops would hardly be called "copious abuse of Groundhog Day loops".

On an unrelated note, why is it he and only he who can prevent the end of the world? Perhaps it ties in to how he loops? Or something... idk.

She's just trying to make me miserable, either because she broke the Jack Witt Clause by calling me "a garbage reviewer" or some other reason that I'm unaware of. I still don't know why she's still acting how she is after so long. She's acting like people can't change, more specifically me, since she hates me because of a simple screw-up. And it wasn't attempting to be a Fan Fic reviewer. Because I already know I tried it way too early without any reviewing experience.

Okay whatever, Crab's a terrible person who hates you. That's fair.

What's your excuse for Hydra, Vairocana, and myself? I mean, you began your post saying: "I had this idea a while back andI'd like to know if it's a good approach." and four people independently posted and said no. What more do you need?

You mind telling me how Crab hating me is fair? Because I believe being talked down to and called trash is not considered fair. So, enlighten me how it's fair.

It's okay if you said no. That's their opinion and yours. And I respect that. All I wanted was to know if anybody would actually be wanting to read my story beforehand so that I know whether or not I'll have another Fic that has absolutely no fan-base or replies, just like my Power Rangers Fic in page 3 if this forum.

So, it'll be up within the next week or 2, since I just lost my prologue because of God-knows-what. -_-

Have damage inflicted to his physical body stay with him when he rewinds. If rewinding time doesn't heal bruises or a broken arm, it's clearly not going to heal death either.

This actually works surprisingly well for my purposes. I initially avoided it for some reasons I can't even remember right now, but it would also work to convince the main character that the loops are actually something that's happening rather than a trick of the mind or a dream or whatever.

Basically the problem is that the looping is entirely involuntary; I can't go for an Ocarina solution because part of the story is the protagonists figuring out exactly what triggers a loop.

On an unrelated note, why is it he and only he who can prevent the end of the world? Perhaps it ties in to how he loops? Or something... idk.

I didn't really give a good summary of the plot, but the idea is that there's a supernatural power that makes one aware of the loops once it is activated in a person. At first, only the main protagonist has that power, and he uses it to sabotage the cataclysm before it happens, based on previous knowledge; obviously, other characters awaken this power later (and thus also become aware of the loops), and it ramps up in complexity over time.

By 'abuse of Loops' I meant in that I, personally, was abusing the loops as a plot element rather than the characters were abusing the loops for fun and profit. Unlike say, Groundhog Day, I intend there to be a number of different loops that occur over the course of a year, gradually becoming more and more difficult to subvert or survive through. Part of the idea is that the world itself gets weaker every time a loop repeats, and eventually everything would die if they don't break the repetitions fast enough.

BTW Hydra, in all technicality, the protagonists do have a motivation, it's just very faint and very hard to notice. But as time goes on, it begins to be seen more and more clearly. Is that what you wanted to hear or am I still being ridiculous?

That's still pretty ridiculous.

You mind telling me how Crab hating me is fair? Because I believe being talked down to and called trash is not considered fair. So, enlighten me how it's fair.

If you don't have enough mastery of the English language to realize the basics of reading comprehension you have no business writing a story.

obviously, other characters awaken this power later (and thus also become aware of the loops)

How is that obvious?

In any case, the main appeal of loops is that it's just one guy against the world. He's completely isolated because no one's gonna believe his silly story but also has a bit of appeal because the main character's future is a blank slate and he can continually shape it in his own way.

Having more characters aware of the loop just lessens the isolation of it and makes it worse.

I didn't really give a good summary of the plot, but the idea is that there's a supernatural power that makes one aware of the loops once it is activated in a person.
Unlike say, Groundhog Day, I intend there to be a number of different loops that occur over the course of a year, gradually becoming more and more difficult to subvert or survive through. Part of the idea is that the world itself gets weaker every time a loop repeats, and eventually everything would die if they don't break the repetitions fast enough.

If you can't explain why specifically this is happening then the least you can do is be consistent with what is happening.

If you can't explain why specifically this is happening then the least you can do is be consistent with what is happening.

...? Uh, well thanks for being interested, even though I was only really looking for advice on that one specific part of the story which has already been answered (thank you and Crab, by the way, for the ideas). If you'd like to critique my idea on a whole, I could certainly give you the plot outline rather than mismatched snitpits assembled to give people the idea of the metaphysics at work.

And yes, the common usage of Loops is as you say. It encourages a change in personal behaviour by exaggerating the sameness of everyday life, basically making it a magically enforced representation of a person in a rut. As such, the person generally has to change themselves in order to change the world around them and leave the loop. I'm tweaking that formula slightly to make it more amenable to an adventure plot, and yes, I'm aware of how including other people changes the themes. The difference is that I'm exaggerating the self-imposed isolation of a group of people rather than an individual, each of which with issues that separate them from society on a whole (as well as each other), who eventually learn to rely on one-another in order to change the self-destructive fate of the world around them.

Did I mention it's actually a Persona fanfic?

Sorry, I just want feedback is all. A link in my sig and my status doesn't seem to be working.

Anyway, the story is basically made up of meme-based characters. In the first chapter, Nyan Cat, the hero that brings color to a gloomy world of grey and low moral, gets drunk during a celebration of one of his days saved, resulting in him crashing into the clock tower of his home town, killing him. The town mourns the loss, rebuilding the clock tower and a memorial in commemoration. However, in the next chapter, the two most notorious meme characters on the internet, Trollface and Rageface, kidnap the mayor in hopes that they will find Nyan Cat's body. More will be explained in the third chapter.

I know it's a bit cliche, but it's all I need to start writing again like I used to.

Okay guys I got a quick question for everyone as a whole here:

From all of the stories and ideas I've heard and read on the planning thread, I just wanna know how many of those stories have you guys ever finished?

Quite recently, I have finished a Kingdom Hearts style role-play that I had personally created (along with the help of Double C4, TheFinalFan, and Merciful Idiot), and after talking with the rest of the guys within the planning team, I all forced...erm...we all agreed to make a fan-fic adaptation out of it. So it got me thinking; how oftern are stories in YCM generally finished?

Right now, I really don't think I want to discuss the story-line, as I just seen how you guys picked apart my good pal, Tsa...I'm kinda worried myself at this moment. So for now, I am just looking for a statisical number to my question.

I think the only fan Fic I have ever seen completed was this Fan Fic Merciful Idiot once completed known as Kingdom hearts Zarosis. But because he made a Final Mix version in the past, I'm still debating if he ever actually completed that part of the story or not.

So, for me, less than 1% is composed of complete Fics.

I like skimming this topic for ideas and, dare I say it, actually to help people, and I noticed Pika's (would you rather be called Hatcher?) ideas for powers with drawbacks. It just occurred to me that maybe instead of absorbing people's age/life force but aging at a faster rate, maybe the person doesn't age or ages backwards in some way, so that as they use the power they would become a child with all the limitations thereof, and could eventually go back before their own birth or something.

To Crimson Thar:

To be honest man, I really do love your idea. In fact, I would actually read it myself, because when I think about it, it sounds like it's a comedy, but when I put a lot more thought, I realized you have a lot of room in order to make it a suspense-drama. The fact that the hero of the town is killed is pretty dark enough, but when someone kidnaps an important politcal figure in order to find the grave of the dead hero makes me wonder why they would want to do it.

In the end, it's thought provoking and makes you wonder what's going to happen. So I really do love your idea man, but the only thing I am concerned about, is when you said "meme-based characters."

For me, I still have a hard-time trying to figure who to use the word "meme" in a sentence from time to time. So I am really curious on how you would tackle the subject of generations.

My Subject:

Hmmm...alright, so the overall consensus is that people usually make an attempt at writting, but they fall short of their goals right? Okay, I understand a bit of it now. However, I still have another question: for those fan-fics that are planned by a group, do they have a higher chance of succeeding the story they want to tell or do they have the same sucess rate as any other fan-fic around here?

Alright, I am kind of reluctant to dicuss the plot of this particular Kingdom Hearts fan-fiction, I do believe I have to in order to get a bigger grasp on things that I may have missed.

Originally, the fan-fic is based on a completeled KH-rp that I created. The members that participated in the role-play all came to an agreement that we should make a fan-fic adaptation out of it: the reason for this adaptation is because after reading through the role-play, we all noticed there were a ton of plot-holes and other big gaps we wanted to fill. So we all put our heads together and so far, this is only what we have:

[spoiler=Basic Outline]

Seeing how the overacrhing theme of Kingdom Hearts has always been the Heart. So what the developmental team and I agreed on, was we wanted to potray all the emotions and other themes of the Heart. This meant exploring different possibilities of what we call the "Human Heart." Of course, the Heart can mean anything for different creatures and animals, so our interpretations come from a varied source of minds.

However, there is one theme I am really concerned about and that is about the theme of Death.

In life -and whether we like it or not- we run into death sooner or later. For some, it is unfortunately sooner than others, where we face the prospect knowing a loved one or a friend moving on. In my case, I personally had two friends who had died. Both of them were cases of homocide and when I look back on that experience, I realized that Death is a natural part of what we call the "Heart."

So in this fan-fic adaptation, I made a consience decision that we had to include the theme of Death. Of course, I realized that there are some hard-core fans on YCM who would protest against my decision, so before I do post this thread, I just want to know what everyone thinks.

As for the plot itself, we decided that there would be four different plots that all follow different characters and goals. So this is the four plots that the story will follow.

[spoiler=Plots]

[spoiler=XIII (13)]

Centuries have passed since the ''Door' was last opened, and peace reigned supreme, and many remained Asleep and Dreamt...However...Like all Dreams, the Dreamer must awake eventually...When they wake...The Darkness in the Hearts of many begun to stir...The 'Doors' opening once more to the 'Heart of All Worlds,' is being

connected in a Code...

The mysterious Organization who's only connections are to those who are of Naught, and the Anagram "X..."

The army of Darkness have risen in number, and feed on the Darkness of others.

The 'Key' appears once more, in the hands of many, and band together to fight off the beings of Naught, and Darkness.

Shall the door to the 'Heart of All Worlds' open, or shall it remain close...War is the only answer of what appears on the Dusk Horizon. Will the Twilight, Dawn, Light, or Darkness, win in this bitter struggle...Or...The Void...? The only answer left when all is gone...Void...

"Nothing" even lasts forever when it enters the world of Void of those who return to REVERSED their mistakes...To those return to 'rewake...'

"Nothing is Eternal"

~Unknown Keyblader~

[spoiler=Kingdom Come]

"A Key that rivals the Light AND Dark? At first, I thought it was impossible, but now, it make sense. Why? It's simple. This is a Keyblade that is neither composed of Light OR Dark. However, what I want to know is where Does it 'Exist?' In the Twilight in between? The Void where nothing lies? Or is it just a Keyblade that is worthless?

Despite these bothersome questions, I don't think my very Will to Exist will let me rest in peace, untill I find out what kind of 'Key' this is. If anything, all of the research, and testing I've done...Well, the only conclussion I can make, is that this Keyblade is only suitable to a individual who has a to...Unfortunately, no one has seen this Key, so this is only an interpretation, and I will not bother myself for writing down who can wield it...I can only wonder "what", and "how" it looks like!!!

~Side Note~

Before I end this report, I think I shall name this 'Key' that cannot lock, or unlock 'Doors,' nor can it bring 'Destruction and Ruin' like it's counter-part brethen, the Kingdom Key. It can only defend and prosper So the appropriate name would be 'Kingdom Come.'

"The Divine Tactician"

~Unknown Toymaker~

[spoiler=End]

last_report___kingdom_come_by_apacheburger002-d38ft45.jpg

[spoiler=Reborn/Rebirth ]

The thought of immortality is a prize and a treasure that all men seek…To live forever and not have to face the consequences of disease or aging. No fool alive would pass this offer. But what happens when you do gain immortality?

I lost all joy in existing, so all I do now in my despair is reminisce of what I lost, and pray to a god I don't believe in. Whoever does acquire it, is a bigger fool than the fool following such a dream. I will personally scorn all those who made the same mistake like me and my XII colleuges. To undo our sins, we banded together to find what we lost.

I personally do not hold it against them for wanting to acquire this 'sin', for I myself have once sought it. However, like all fantasies, they’re only a fantasy…

On my home world, my country’s name literally translated into ‘Dog.’ why? I don’t know, but just like any other kingdom that sought domination, we waged war…’Devil Dogs’ or ‘Dogs of the Military’ were our names. And I - Being the strongest soldier to ever live, sought my well-earned immortality. Why? What country would not pass up their finest soldier to live enternally?

Unfortunately, a evil spirit whom we call Sūtaḫ (or Sēt) gave me an offer;

I give him my body as a host to manifest himself, and in return, I’ll become a GOD. I was a fool to pass this up. However, I was decieved. On the field of battle, I was slain, and my Heart, was what would live forever, not my body. It only became an empty vessel

Everything else after that, I forgot...I just remember wandering aimlessly...With no reason to 'be' in this Dark Abyss...

It was not until long after a young boy found me. In my loneliness, I ran after him.

This was the first time that I actually felt alone, and sought the attention of others. 'War is Hell.' A commonly overused phrase, but a world truth. If you to ever find yourself on the frontlines of battle, you can never forget the faces of anguish, and pain as they fall to the ground lifeless. After all the years of war, I never felt any regret, remorse, rage, hate, sorrow, joy, or love. I made myself forget them on the battlefield. Despite all the friends I've lost. I never waved my sword in vengeance. Instead, I'd just left them there. For these emotions would hinder me useless...

I asked for his name, and all he said was "All there ever is of what's left of me." I was baffled, for not once, had I ever met a boy - No...A "mere child" for that matter - who instilled fear in me. But at the same time, he filled that 'emptiness' that I felt in my chest.

This was the same feeling my colleagues and I felt, and we fought hard for a goal that will make us Rest is Peace...

However, my fellow brethren became blinded in our goals, and thus...A discord began. What happens when we recover what we lost!? What will happen to Sūtaḫ when I recover my existence!? What will happen to me!? And when we do get it back, what then!? Were we purposely aware of the facts when we became immortal!?!?!

After a grueling fight, I defected to our natural born enemy. If my Body is an empty shell, my Will an God, than my Heart is my enemy! I will not be an puppet to his sadistic games!! I may no longer exist!! But my WILL shall not die!!!

"I Destory!!! Therefore I AM!!"

"Life is temorary,

But the Heart is eternal"

~Unknown Warrior~

[spoiler=Remnant]

[spoiler=Reminisce ]

"Kaza" gave me this journal to keep track of my travels...before she was captured... But I still don't know how to write, but I try anyway, but mabye I should sumarize everything before I got this journal. My name is - REAL NAME INTERPETED, PROCEEDING ONTO SEQUENCE - "Sadis" Runner, I am from one of the local indigounes tribes, but I don't know what is called,because of the surgery that saved my life when I was about 7 years old, wiped my memory clean. The person who was staying with me was NAME ERASED FROM MEMORY . I think he would be considered my caretaker, but he died when I was 10, because of me... I got us in trouble, and NAME ERASED FROM MEMORY had to pay for it. His punishment was death, and I was the one who had to do it. When he died, his last wish was "Never forget who you are, and where you come from." Which is an problem, because I have no memory. The world that I grew up in was very harsh to me, because of "Who I am, and where I came from." So I was lost in blind rage, and almost killed myself over it when I was 12. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. Which was a good thing, because a little while later, I joined the military, and because of it, I made a few friends, Kaza and Don.

*Side Note* Incase I may forget, Journal Entry 1, or Day 1, tells everything that happends before I gotten this journal. Hopefully this doesn't get me confussed.

~Day 7~

Don...Curse you!! Why did you defected!? It's been nearly an year! And Kaza is still worried. He knew about Kaza's feelings!

~Day 25~

Today...Well I was still never sure about these kind of days, but apparently today's my "Birth-Day", and Kaza even gave me a new jacket! She told me that I'm...15 I think, and she looked happy, but I can easilly tell she's worried about Don.

~Day 79~

I'm not sure if the enemy is playing tricks on me, but they said that Kaza fell into an Coma...and I think I know why. Don, I'll never forgive you!

~Day 100~

Finally! Pprogress on Don's whereabouts. This time, I'll make him pay!!!

~Day 103~

The infomation that was giving to us was an set-up, and we were ambushed, but we made it out. I feel like an idiot...

[spoiler=Reminiscence]

~Day 179~

What? He's back!!

~Day 180~

He's back, and I guess it was all a ploy to get Kaza back from the enemy, but was unsuccesfull. But still!! It wasn't worth making Kaza worry like that!! I'll make him pay with his life!!

~Day 185~

I guess Don's going back into enemy hands, to try to get back Kaza, and spy on the enemy...he said that if we meet in battle, "Don't hold back." Grr...That jerk.

~Day 200~

"Remnant" A person who has passed, but is reincarnated back into our world. Because of it, people call them "Remnants" for the fact that that person is only mere fragments of his original self, and the Remnant may have that person looks, or personality. That's what my teacher said to me, CANNOT TRANSLATE. POSSIBLE NAME MEANS 'GREAT FOOL'...hmm...now that I think of it, I never mentioned him in previous entries, so I think I'll do it today. CANNOT TRANSLATE is an travelling monk, who happends to like playing with kids, and because of it, he normally forgets to beg. Now he also enjoys story-telling, and so whenver he travels, he tells one of his stories to whoever wants to hear it. The funny thing is, NAME ERASED FROM MEMORY was actually a student of his, and was travelling with him!! But when he got home, CANNOT TRANSLATE says that he changed. Not just his habits (and I was told he was an hard worker! But last time I check, he was lazy.), but also his mood, apparently, he's been thinking of things outside of his home. When I get back, I gotta pay my respects to his grave.

~215~

Today in battle in battle, we faced an unknown foe, but the force was small, but we had to take of them anyway. But funny thing is, I met an enemy who seemed just like me. He said his name was "Akiro."

~Day 299~

MISSING MEMORY, CANNOT DECODE. PROCEEDING ONTO DECODING. A-K-I-R-A. That's how you s...sp-sp-spelll - VIRUS FOUND! CANNOT ENCODE INTO COMPRESSED FILE WITHOUT HARMING SECURITY. MUST SKIP MEMORY SEQUENCE...but that kid MUST SKIP MEMORY SEQUENCE A-K-I-R-O. VIRUS CONTAINED, AND DELETED. RETURNING EN-ROUTE MEMORY BANK He said that he know's what everything about my past, but how!! The catch was that I have to join his army, called Eighty-Eight (88). But in these past months, Eighty-Eight has proven itself an threat to the world of CLASSIFIED INFOMATION. CANNOT REVEAL LOCATION. My home. So we have to destroy them. Honestly, I'm tempted to join...but I don't know...

[spoiler=Reminiscenct]

~Day 335~

Arrrgghhh!!! I don't know anymore!! I don't know what to beleive in anymore!! At first I thought I was just an kid who lost his memories, but I found out that "Akiro" MEMORY MUST BE SKIPPED. OVERLOADED INFOMATION Remnant. I don't like looking back, but I guess that both of us couldn't exist, and one had to give. Akiro told me his reason for joining Eighty-Eight. It was to find me, and make sure that HE existed, not me. *Sigh* ..I don't... I don't know if I can take it... My head feels like it's about to explode...

~Day 349~

My body is tired, and so is my mind...I think it's because of Akiro, after what he told me, I've been so tired lately. But I can't let it bother me, because there's an battle comming up with LOCATION CLASSIFIED, and I been put in charge of the first wave...I wonder if I'll see Kaza.

~Day 355~

I've encountered Don today, and he wanted to know why I defected. His defection was a ploy to save the person who we'd both cared about. My defection was to find out who I was. When Don first defected, I wanted to kill him so badly, but he did out of "Love", while I did mine out of "Greed." God I hate myself.

~Day 356~

The final battle with LOCATION CLASSIFIED...All this time, my very Existence has meant something. It wasn't part of Faith, or Destiny, it was out of Pure Luck. I wanna back up for a moment. When I born, it was with the.....I'll just skip that part. But as I was saying, when I was born, I was born an "Weapon". A person who is born "stronger" than the other people, and becuase of it, it caused many other countries to fight over me. But not just me, other people who are born just like me, and that was also Eighty-Eight's goal as well. And when I did join, I found out "Who I was, and Where I came from." But in a way, I didn't care, since after a couple of years, I came to find my own saying -MISSING MEMORY, CANNOT DECODE - But now that has wavered, because when I did find out, I was mad, and my existence was highly valued by everyone. But now I'm at risk of losing my memories, because I have to make a choice. A choice that could Affect me, and those around me. A choice that could Scar me, and those around me. But this choice, I just can't back out, since everyone's existence depends on it, but there's my old promise. Apparently before I lost my memories, I wanted to do something that was so important, it'll make everyone happy. But when I finnaly could do something, it's going to change the lives of the friends that I made back in Inu...

~Day 358~

...I don't know what to do...I'm scared...And today's battle will make me choose what I'll have to do...Now that I think of it, today's storm, and it kind of matches the moment. But this storm is very strange than the others...But I all know, this is the last entry. For everything.

I'll Never Forget Who I Am! And What I Stand For!"

Unknown Remnant

~END~

[spoiler=Power]

I am the manifestation of non-existence,

given life by both the Keys from the Realm of Light and the Realm of Darkness...

What is Life? What is existence? What is true nothingness?

These questions have been said within myself since the day I was given some intelligence by the very Heart of All Worlds. For many days I have been spoken to about these Keys.

I originally had no knowledge of them, but they are now of great use to me...

Bearers of these weapons have done my objective for me, and know not of it, but rather, believe in an objective that will save all of the worlds that their Hearts are connected to.

I feel no emotions, yet I believe I must have emotions to truly feel whole, as though I can actually exist.

I shall obtain my goal, and unlock the Heart of All Worlds, not only for to feel whole and to have emotions, but to have the ultimate power and knowledge to dominate all worlds and make them one again.

This will end with my victory over all who dare stand before me and my goal of becoming one with existence.

I was born by sleep.

I shall be a whole being.

~Unknown Being~

The reason for the varied plots so we can have different perspectives and different characters telling the story.

From all of the stories and ideas I've heard and read on the planning thread, I just wanna know how many of those stories have you guys ever finished?

My ghost story (in my sig) is finished. It has ghosts as characters and plot devices but it isn't a scary story so don't let the phrase "ghost story" prevent you from reading it.

loladvertising

I like skimming this topic for ideas and, dare I say it, actually to help people, and I noticed Pika's (would you rather be called Hatcher?) ideas for powers with drawbacks. It just occurred to me that maybe instead of absorbing people's age/life force but aging at a faster rate, maybe the person doesn't age or ages backwards in some way, so that as they use the power they would become a child with all the limitations thereof, and could eventually go back before their own birth or something.

Mild spoiler! -

The thing I wanted in my story was also that their powers could be used offensively (to some degree). I figure being some kind of Age Vampire would work best, to make them an actual threat as opposed to just some guy minding his own business.

I've completed two short stories (neither of them fanfics). I've come to realize I don't enjoy the short story format. Currently working on a novel, although god knows when that will ever get finished (hopefully it will get finished).

You seem to be one of the more clever people in the Creative Writing section so I'm sure any story you write would be decent.

You use way too many words to say way too few things.

Quite recently, I have finished a Kingdom Hearts style role-play that I had personally created (along with the help of Double C4, TheFinalFan, and Merciful Idiot), and after talking with the rest of the guys within the planning team, I all forced...erm...we all agreed to make a fan-fic adaptation out of it. So it got me thinking; how oftern are stories in YCM generally finished?

Right now, I really don't think I want to discuss the story-line, as I just seen how you guys picked apart my good pal, Tsa...I'm kinda worried myself at this moment. So for now, I am just looking for a statisical number to my question.

On top of that, how many fics actually make it out of the Pub? I see all these ideas coming up all the time in this place, but I don't see as many new stories appearing in the creative writing section.

Archived