Final Fantasy Set

Zeik

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sir, you nailed it ;)

Great depicture of Lightnings fighting capabilities, love the idea of the Stagger Counters and "LV like" progression. Pictures are also very enjoyable. Though I wished for a little more diversity on the different "Levels", like "Raise" for the Medic and a quite literal "Army of One" (this extremely powerful special move that takes up the whole ATB bar) for the Ravager. Still, well done :)

ok as some people who looked here yesterday might have seen I had a slight problem with bandwidth on Photo-bucket (basically my pics are been loaded to often) so in order to try and keep it down I'm going to split this up. What I' mean is when a set is done I'll move it to its own thread and just like it in here

Reno says: "Pyramid!"

You say: "What the..."

Seriously, when I first played the game, I always lost to him because I didn't know how to break those pyramids :lol: (Okay, I was like... 9 or 10 back then... but who cares) Effect is dead on, Turks could be an interesting Sub-Archetype ;)

Giant Cactuar looks funny, Summoning condition is pretty cool and the effect is absolutely deadly... the only thing that I would change: Either give him 10,000 or 1,000, everything else is out of his league :D

Lamia Queen... the effect is actually pretty original, simple, yet new and refreshing, great work :)

Gottos is equally interesting (I skipped ahead, the rest is... okay, but too generic to be worth more than 1 word, forgive me), I never played FF II, but I suppose he is kinda slow, but if he finally hits, it's deadly.

Overall, it's great to see that this set is still growing, the constant flow of solid or even outstanding cards impresses me every time :)

I'd give you a Rep now (why didn't I do that before, I wonder...), but my contingent is already exhausted for today :( Tomorrow, or when I comment next time ;)

Giant Cactuar isn't that impressive in FFXIII just kicks a lot lol I'm saving the 10,000 for the king of Cactuar's Gigantuar lol

I knwo some of the FFII cards are generic (ive even just added one) there there for completions sake and not much else since I don't have much top work with, with some of them. So I don't mind them not getting comments on them

annnnyway 2 new cards all of the Weapon requests are now done

Rude is your basic bodyguard, not much to say about it.

Who's new in Final Fantasy IX? Is it Garnet? Or Zidane? I actually don't know, maybe you should put another *New* at the spoilers of the individual cards :unsure:

Aynways, I'll comment on both, because I feel like it.

Garnet looks nice (ambiguity is intended :P), though I'd personally say make her a Level 5 or 6, with the power of the Eidolons behind her, she should be a little harder to get out (while maintaining the current ATK and DEF values). Though without knowing how the Eidolons will look like, it's hard to say if they're worth the effort... how about you put them on the request list for me? ;) Star with Ramuh and Shiva, that sounds reasonable. What I'm just thinking about just now is the summoning mechanic: They usually don't stay on the field, but are summoned, blast your enemies away, and are gone again (except in every part after IX)... maybe inherite that somehow?

Zidane is your "basic" thief, if you can call something like that basic in this game. It's definitely enjoyable.

The Aerial Ace has a typo (thsi). Now the effect all of the sudden seems unimaginative :( Of course, it's the evolved form, but you could be a little more creative when it comes to "evolving" the character. Since this one is based on his Dissidia appearance, why not work with a different approach, like "Courage Counters"? And the ATK bonus... not really reasonable. Maybe reduce the ATK of monsters attacking him if they aren't WIND or Winged Beast-Type?

Same goes for the Trance Zidane, where's his destructive Grand Lethal ability, which is definitely the most memorable?

Final Fantasy XII has new cards, too? Huh... must be Basch and Gabranth. So I'll take them :P

Basch is another Bodyguard... well, for a more basic character like Rude that may work, but he's one of the main characters... it's not that I don't like the effect, but maybe you could've worked out the character a little more. I know that's not easy, especially since they don't have special abilities like they have in the older Final Fantasy's...

The effect of Gabranth looks okay, EX Counters work here perfectly correspondant to how they work in the game, nicely done ;)

That's about it for now.

Archived