Yu-Gi-Oh: Signers of the Stars [Started/Accepting Here/OOC/Co-Hosted by evilfusion]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Username:King Mew
RP Name: Meko Msterson
Bio: Meko was 21 when he was spaired from death, He was doing his favorite hobby starting fights in clubs, He pick a fight with a guy twice his size and got sent through a window and begain to beeld out. He’s had the Mark of the Snake since Hezekiah (His Earthbound Immortal) found him, He also has very strong connection to he’s cards and has never given up on them.
Personality: a loud mouth at times but can be nice. do not cross his path once an enemy always an Enemy. He acts like a five year old with his friends or who ever he trust at the time. strong willed and noble.
Appearance: [IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/2rrp013.jpg[/IMG]
Faction: Dark Signer
Mark: Snake
Deck Type: D.D.

How did Tytannial Tribute itself 3 times in the same chain?

Tytannial's negation effect is a cost. So it Tributes itself to negate Soul Exchange. You cannot chain a card that targets Tytannial, because it's NOT THERE. And by that logic, you can't Tribute Tytannial with Pollinosis because it's NOT THERE. And even if for some reason Tytannial could be targeted with that negation effect, it can Tribute itself to negate the negation effect, presuming it's not Spell Speed 3. But Tytannial was Tributed against Soul Exchange, so it's not faceup on the field, so you can't negate its effect with a Speed Spell, and it can't be Tributed with Pollinosis to negate a negation.

And how many Speed Spells do you have that conveniently require only 2 Speed Counters? I think in the games, Speed Spell-Soul Exchange requires more than 2. I can't help but feel that the Speed Spell that has no cost, does an effect, AND adds Speed Counters is a bit unfair. The only Speed Spell I know that adds counters and is free is Overboost. And the card that essentially can't be negated for 1000 LP is also a bit much. If you're aiming for a "nuke one per field" effect for 2 Speed Counters, Speed Spell- High Speed Crash does just that.

Lastly, you don't get Speed Counters for the very first turn, despite what the games let you believe, so you actually only had one counter from the start.

Have fun working that out.

First off: In the anime AND in the games, you do get Speed Counters during your first turn. It's every Standby Phase, meaning that the first turn gves you one, as the first turn has a Standby phase.

Second: Overshote can only be played when you have 0 Speed Counters. Sorry for not making that clear, I'll add it in.

Third: Speed Spell - Soul Exchange only requires 2 Speed Counters. I've seen it before (yugioh wikia, the games).

While the card Speed World/2 does say "every Standby Phase", and the game does do it that way, watch any non-team Turbo Duel in the anime. Speed Counters aren't accumulated during the first move. It's never explained why.

Okay, I didn't bother looking up Speed Spell-Soul Exchange, so my bad.

The whole Tytannial thing is still messed up badly.

[spoiler=I have my Earthbound Immortal.]
[img]http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/7894/198311bh.jpg[/img]
[spoiler=Lore] There can only be 1 face-up "Earthbound Immortal" monster on the field. If there is no face-up Field Spell Card on the Field, destroy this card. Your opponent cannot select this card as an attack target. If this card destroys an opponents monster by battle it can attack once more in the same turn. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed Monsters level x200. Remove From Play the destroyed monster.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Hey how should I come into the story line?

That Immortal is way too powerful. Firstly, it can attack twice. That's WAY too powerful for an Earthbound Immortal effect, since they can attack directly. 5600 from one monster is insane. Then, it also has a mediocre burn effect if it destroys monsters in battle, which is rather weak and unnecessary. It also removes those monsters from play.

Earthbound Immortals typically only have one effect aside from their restrictions and perks. Attacking twice is too much, and the other effects are pointless due to it being an Immortal. The other Immortals with effects revolving around battle at least give decent incentive to attack monsters (Ccapac deals burn equal to the ATK of the destroyed monster, Cusillu spares itself and halves opponent LP for a Tribute).

[quote name='King Mew' timestamp='1288273623' post='4744609']
Username:King Mew
RP Name: Meko Msterson
Bio: Meko was 21 when he was spaired from death, He was doing his favorite hobby starting fights in clubs, He pick a fight with a guy twice his size and got sent through a window and begain to beeld out. He’s had the Mark of the Snake since Hezekiah (His Earthbound Immortal) found him, He also has very strong connection to he’s cards and has never given up on them.
Personality: a loud mouth at times but can be nice. do not cross his path once an enemy always an Enemy. He acts like a five year old with his friends or who ever he trust at the time. strong willed and noble.
Deck Type: D.D.
[/quote]

Could you elaborate on his bio and personality a litle? Why does he start fights as a hobby, for example? Is his a violent person if you're an enemy? Why is he so aggressive? What do you mean by "actng like a five year old"? His personality has a bit too extreme of a contradiction between the traits. He seems to talk himself up a lot, but is a nice person, but he's irrationally aggressive to opponents, immature and childsh with friends (why would they stick around someone like that?), is determined and noble. Noble typically means they're selfless and look out for others, but you said he's childish, picks fights for kicks, and is arrogant, even in jest. It's like movng from one extreme to another.

[quote name='King Mew' timestamp='1288283929' post='4744870']
no it can attack once derictly and once at a monster not to derict attack.
[/quote]

But the card doesn't say that. It says "this card can attack twice a turn, this card can attack directly"

Well Ill make him a split pesonality and he as a noble side and an agressive side.

Ill get rid of the 200 damage effect and the rfp effect. and I changed the effect on my card post to show it off on realistce cards but not here. sorry.

[spoiler=Heres the right Card and effect]
[img]http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/8854/198311.jpg[/img]
[spoiler=Lore]There can only be 1 face-up "Earthbound Immortal" monster on the field. If there is no face-up Field Spell Card on the Field, destroy this card. Your opponent cannot select this card as an attack target.Once per turn if this card destroys an opponents monster by battle it can attack once more in the same turn. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the destroyed Monsters level x100. Remove From Play the destroyed monster.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

well hows the one i just posted? and I'll have th changes made in a bit need so help from my girlfriend to straighten the app out ok.

[spoiler=New App]Username: King Mew
RP Name: Meko Masterson
Bio: Meko was 21 when he was spared from death, He was starting fights in a club, When he pick a fight with a guy twice his size and got sent through a window and begin to bleed out. He’s had the Mark of the Snake since Hezekiah (His Earthbound Immortal) found him, He also has very strong connection to he’s cards and has never given up on them.
Personality: a loud mouth at times, Do not cross his path (His motto is once an enemy always an Enemy.) He acts like a five year old every once and awhile. strong willed and never gives up on the chance to start or get into a fight.
Deck Type: D.D.[/spoiler]

Still too strong. While the second attack is bordering the line, considering how strong the Immortals are (you're looking at 2800+ battle damage a turn, with more being likely). But giving it that extra burn and RFG effect is still unnecessary, so giving a number of weak effects to a monster with a good effect does not make it less overpowered. Either try to find a balance in the effects or settle on ONE balanced effect.

Of all the Immortals, only Chacu Challhua has 2 separate effects (1/2 defense burn in exchange for not attacking, and locking down attacks while in DEF).

There can only be 1 face-up "Earthbound Immortal" monster on the field. If there is no face-up Field Spell Card on the Field, destroy this card. Your opponent cannot select this card as an attack target. This card can attack your opponent directly. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the destroyed Monsters level x100. Remove From Play the destroyed monster. hows this effect?

[spoiler=New App]Username: King Mew
RP Name: Meko Masterson
Bio: Meko was 21 when he was spared from death, He was starting fights in a club, When he pick a fight with a guy twice his size and got sent through a window and begin to bleed out. He’s had the Mark of the Snake since Hezekiah (His Earthbound Immortal) found him, He also has very strong connection to he’s cards and has never given up on them.
Personality: a loud mouth at times, Do not cross his path (His motto is once an enemy always an Enemy.) He acts like a five year old every once and awhile. strong willed and never gives up on the chance to start or get into a fight.
Deck Type: D.D.[/spoiler]

On their own, the burn effect is underwhelming, and I'm not sure why you'd want to cripple the card's use entirely by taking the same damage. The double attack, even if you have to attack a monster the first time, just seems too strong. The other Immortals usually have to sacrifice damage total (or in Uru's case, a monster) to do anything to mess up the opponent's field presence, whereas yours can rip through a monster and then still deal full damage, plus any additional damage from the monster battle itself. I'm not sure why you want to include such a tiny amount of damage for something as powerful as an Earthbound Immortal. My issue's with the second attack.

[b]Edit: Your current effect is acceptable because it's actually underpowered. It'll only do about 300 points of damage and RFG a monster, rather than deal 2800 direct. You can make it stronger than THAT.[/b]

When designing an Immortal, try to find a balance between the effect you want, how powerful it will be to the opponent over the course of a two or more turns, and compare that to the fact an Immortal is already allowed to attack directly. Sometimes look at the other EI's effects and downsides:

Ccapac Apu's effect often looks like a waste since it can attack directly. Therefore, it'll almost never use the effect, in favor of direct attacks. If it does use its effect, it'll usually do less damage.

Uru can steal faceup monsters for a turn, so long as it Tributes a monster. Practical, powerful, but requires a steady supply of sacrifices to work.

Cusillu needs to Tribute a monster and have attacked a monster equal or stronger than it. Since it can attack directly and the move usually relies on the opponent, it also isn't used much.

Ccarayhua nukes the field (including your side) if it was destroyed by a card effect that isn't its own. Balanced by the fact this can set you back immensely.

Aslla Piscu has the most abuseable effect, and it's the weakest Immortal with 2500 (not counting Wira)

Wira's just bad. It only gets its effect from a Normal Summon, requires a massive investment of your own cards, and is only maximumly 100 points stronger than Uru.

Chacu loses its ability to attack if it burns for half its defense. It also must be in defense position to lock down the opponent's battle phase.

Archived