The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey first of all i had to keep this tread ALIVE, secound look at the post date is not on the same DATE lol

its a stickied thread, shits not gonna die yo.

I played a show with these guys a couple weeks ago, holy f***ing balls is all I have to say. They said there coming back down my way in October and would love to play another show with me.

Yea, that happens a lot. One of my buddies band was going to play a bunch of dates with The Empire Shall Fall but they had to cancel their entire tour because Jesse had to do Killswitch's tour. Needless to say he was a sad panda.

Me thinks this belongs in a different section.

But to answer you're question, no. I prefer music with recognizable chords.

No offense.

There's plenty of metal that has that, there's not just one kind like screamo or progressive.

>Reply to post on first page

>page 43

>realize

>EDIT

Nice new avi.

Guessing you're referring to the Neurosis one I currently have, glad you like.

I haven't been listening to a ton of metal lately, except for post-metal (i.e. ISIS, Neurosis, Rosetta, Mouth of the Architect, Cult of Luna). I'm actually listening to Rise Against while typing this, but I'll post a couple metal songs for good measure...

First, a selection from the new Meshugguh album, Koloss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAG8_w1FPao

And the last studio track to ever be released by post-metal legends, ISIS. From the split EP with Melvins, what an amazing way to go out.

Am I the only one who doesn't really enjoy much of death metal? Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica and Megadeth, along with Slayer and some doses of Panthera; that's my thing.

That's weird, since death metal and thrash seems pretty similar.

And now for some progressive stuff.

Because ISIS and Meshuggah aren't progressive, haha. I used to like Ocean, but I didn't like their last two albums very much. Maybe it was the stupid concept...

Anyway, thrash and death metal are quite different. Thrash is mostly about fast tempo and aggression, with most of the leads being very shred-heavy.

Death metal is, as has been said, much darker, using minor keys or atonality, death growls, tremelo picking, and complex song structured.

Archived