The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

I took your advise. It's right up there with Axe to Fall and Petitioning The Empty Sky...it's not quite on the same level as Jane Doe though. Aimless Arrow is flawless.

Did you get the bonus tracks or the regular release? Agreed that it's at least as good as Axe to Fall; I like Petitioning the Empty Sky, but I don't think the first two albums quite meet the quality of any that come after.

As for Underoath, they were pretty much the band that got me into hardcore with They're Only Chasing Safety, but Define the Great Line was the biggest turning point. And they've definitely evolved as my tastes evolved.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you get the bonus tracks or the regular release? Agreed that it's at least as good as Axe to Fall; I like Petitioning the Empty Sky, but I don't think the first two albums quite meet the quality of any that come after.

As for Underoath, they were pretty much the band that got me into hardcore with They're Only Chasing Safety, but Define the Great Line was the biggest turning point. And they've definitely evolved as my tastes evolved.

Nope, the store that I bought em from only have the regular release but I'm pretty sure the other version was the digipak version...I think. My Converge ranking would look something like this:

Jane Do > You Fail me > THIS > PTES > Axe the Fall > WFCC > No Hero > HIAH

As for Underoath, started listening to them since Cries Of The Past and while TOCS is a little culture shock at first, it quickly grew on me and I never look back thereafter. Although Ø is probably the best or on par with DTGL, I'm kinda agree if they're ending it, Ø's a perfect way to go..but I do wished they at least release a new album though. Ø was soooo awesome with the Deftones inspired instrumental.

Thrice, Thursday, Alexisonfire, now Underoath. All of the the great bands that I grew up with are breaking up.

Nope, the store that I bought em from only have the regular release but I'm pretty sure the other version was the digipak version...I think. My Converge ranking would look something like this:

Jane Do > You Fail me > THIS > PTES > Axe the Fall > WFCC > No Hero > HIAH

As for Underoath, started listening to them since Cries Of The Past and while TOCS is a little culture shock at first, it quickly grew on me and I never look back thereafter. Although Ø is probably the best or on par with DTGL, I'm kinda agree if they're ending it, Ø's a perfect way to go..but I do wished they at least release a new album though. Ø was soooo awesome with the Deftones inspired instrumental.

Thrice, Thursday, Alexisonfire, now Underoath. All of the the great bands that I grew up with are breaking up.

I think the bonus tracks might have been exclusive to the deluxe preorder package now that I think about it.

Ugh, those are a few of my favorites right there.

Can't wait for Norma Jean's gig...wooo!!

I never heard of letlive but As Cities Burn baby!! I just got into Mewithoutyou so I'm game.

By the way As Cities Burn announced that they'll only be playing materiel from Son, I Loved You at Your Darkest and TJ will be fronting

Norma Jean was awesome. Born of Osiris was fun live, much like The Word Alive.

By the way As Cities Burn announced that they'll only be playing materiel from Son, I Loved You at Your Darkest and TJ will be fronting

I'm kinda disappointed with that. Hell or High Water was my favorite

And this band is awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aKIpMl3Xh8

Norma Jean was awesome. Born of Osiris was fun live, much like The Word Alive.

I'm kinda disappointed with that. Hell or High Water was my favorite

And this band is awesome!

I like it too but I'm glad they're doing heavier stuff, it'll fit the tone of the rest of the show better (except mewithoutYou unless they play older stuff too).

Every Time I Die rules. I prefer their more straight up hardcore approach over the southern-tinged thing they had going for awhile, though they've always had that to some extent. Every album is good though.

I also used to like Enter Shikari, until they decided to start influencing their music with dubstep, and they sold their synths for a DJ mixer and software, it's not that I don't like dubstep it's just that I seriously don't think that it sounds too great with them.

I also used to like Enter Shikari, until they decided to start influencing their music with dubstep, and they sold their synths for a DJ mixer and software, it's not that I don't like dubstep it's just that I seriously don't think that it sounds too great with them.

Yea, that's not really my style haha. I'm not a fan of the modern metalcore stuff.

Irving Plaza? Guess I'm going and that's one crazy lineup. Wished As Cities Burn would play something other than their first album though, guess I'm one of those people who like their softer, indie rock side.

Been spinning Jane Doe again, love this one especially.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_8o98lKs_k

Irving Plaza? Guess I'm going and that's one crazy lineup. Wished As Cities Burn would play something other than their first album though, guess I'm one of those people who like their softer, indie rock side.

Been spinning Jane Doe again, love this one especially.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_8o98lKs_k

I like their indie stuff too but I'm not gonna be in the mood for that at the show haha.

Love that song, Converge's slower song have such a great atmosphere about them.

This one's great too.

God when was the last time I commented in this thread?

Anyway, asked for these albums for christmas:

Nightwish - Dark Passion Play

Gojira- The Way of all Flesh

In Flames - Come Clarity (wanted that album for years)

Where the heck have you been bro!

Not really into Nightwish anymore, but Come Clarity and The Way of All Flesh are great.

Hey gaiz, Cave In rules so listen to 'em

Also, this is the 1,000th comment, wooooooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYcyU-n07cY

Archived