Rebecca Black

Canadian

A person who is actually worse than Justin Bieber???

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0&feature=rtupdates&src=yt_results&tid=48745741203673088&eid=1300457185364129_168653072_2657686508&l=ow.ly/4fSsY[/media]

This is a prime example of how shitty music and what its done to music altogether. You've got to admit, when auto-tuning can't fix your singing, you know you're crap.

Discuss.[/center]

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you are all giving this girl way too much credit. At least Justin Bieber doesn't [b]blatantly[/b] abuse AutoTune, and at least Justin Bieber doesn't act like a douchebag in his videos (well, debatable statement). I'm not saying Justin Bieber is good or anything, but this girl is a lot worse than him. Don't judge Bieber just on his Baby, because shockingly his other songs are slightly better, and overall he's a much better singer and a much more apt person to be in the music industry compared to Rebecca Black. I hope her ugly ass gets pierced with a flaming arrow coming from a horse's ass covered in dog s[b][/b]hit. She doesn't even deserve to live.

Not only is the singing terrible like Lil Wayne when he uses AutoTune and makes himself sound like a goddamn retard, but the lyrics are also terrible. I would much rather listen to someone rap about drugs, sex, and money (and all rappers rap about that with the exception of old-school rappers and Eminem), because at least there is some... some sense and actual substance to those lyrics. Here we have a dumbass talking about how it's Friday and we are going to "party and party and party whoo", because she doesn't even have the intelligence to think of anything else to do with her life.

My friend told me to listen to this song today in school, and I was afraid for my life. Naming a song after a day of the week already sounds stupid, but I gave Black the benefit of the doubt since, at the moment, I was thinking about September by Daughtry, which is a month, but still some sort of human timeframe. I listened to it, my ears threw up, and I came to YCM to make a topic entitled, "IT'S FRIDAAAAAAAAAAY (off-key)", which would be apt because today is Friday, but someone beat me to it.

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1300477330' post='5081121']
I think you are all giving this girl way too much credit. At least Justin Bieber doesn't [b]blatantly[/b] abuse AutoTune, and at least Justin Bieber doesn't act like a douchebag in his videos (well, debatable statement). I'm not saying Justin Bieber is good or anything, but this girl is a lot worse than him. Don't judge Bieber just on his Baby, because shockingly his other songs are slightly better, and overall he's a much better singer and a much more apt person to be in the music industry compared to Rebecca Black. I hope her ugly ass gets pierced with a flaming arrow coming from a horse's ass covered in dog s***. She doesn't even deserve to live.

Not only is the singing terrible like Lil Wayne when he uses AutoTune and makes himself sound like a goddamn retard, but the lyrics are also terrible. I would much rather listen to someone rap about drugs, sex, and money (and all rappers rap about that with the exception of old-school rappers and Eminem), because at least there is some... some sense and actual substance to those lyrics. Here we have a dumbass talking about how it's Friday and we are going to "party and party and party whoo", because she doesn't even have the intelligence to think of anything else to do with her life.

My friend told me to listen to this song today in school, and I was afraid for my life. Naming a song after a day of the week already sounds stupid, but I gave Black the benefit of the doubt since, at the moment, I was thinking about September by Daughtry, which is a month, but still some sort of human timeframe. I listened to it, my ears threw up, and I came to YCM to make a topic entitled, "IT'S FRIDAAAAAAAAAAY (off-key)", which would be apt because today is Friday, but someone beat me to it.
[/quote]

Except the fact that she didn't write this song, it was written for her.

[quote name='Anger Level' timestamp='1300501062' post='5082085']
Except the fact that she didn't write this song, it was written for her.
[/quote]
This song wasn't even written FOR her. She just happened to be the girl that the record company chose to record this song. She had nothing to do with any of this besides the actual recording process. It was more or less they told her what to do and she did it. So, instead of bashing her like a bunch of jackasses, b**** about the SOURCE--Ark Music Factory. Companies like AMF are the reason music is going downhill. They're literally mass-producing pop singles. They write shitty, cookie-cutter pop songs and just hire mediocre teenage singers from the area to record them and star in music videos. No one is forcing you to listen to her. Saying that she doesn't deserve to live is a bit much...

She could have had a brain and rejected to do the song on the basis that it was stupid. I don't care whether she wrote the lyrics or not, but the fact that she didn't back down from the song means that she either preferred money over any moderately decent reputation, or she was just retarded, and the latter makes more sense.

Maybe she does deserve to die. Why is it any of your concern, as long as no one goes out to kill her? I think a lot of people deserve to die, but no one questions my comments unless they are about a singer.

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1300510137' post='5082371']
She could have had a brain and rejected to do the song on the basis that it was stupid. I don't care whether she wrote the lyrics or not, but the fact that she didn't back down from the song means that she either preferred money over any moderately decent reputation, or she was just retarded, and the latter makes more sense.

Maybe she does deserve to die. Why is it any of your concern, as long as no one goes out to kill her? I think a lot of people deserve to die, but no one questions my comments unless they are about a singer.
[/quote]
Well I, for one, would question it if it came up in one of our conversations. And it really isn't any of my concern, but I just find it f***ed up when people say s*** like, "They don't deserve to live." And maybe she accepted it as a way to get her name out there? Yes, it's a terrible song. Yes, she knows that. However, look how f***ing famous she is right now. It's called getting your name out there, even if that means doing some things you're not proud of to get there. Who knows what could happen at this point. She's an internet sensation. For all we know, some major record label could sign her tomorrow and let her do what SHE wants in terms of her music. It's obviously her dream to make music. If a record company such as AMF came up to me and asked if I wanted to record a shitty song to release to the world with the hopes that I'd become a sensation like she did (granted becoming a recording artist was my dream), I'd put my pride aside and accept. She's insanely well known now. And, I don't know if you've heard her sing WITHOUT autotune or not, but she's NOT terrible. If a major label that had TALENTED producers decided to pick her up and give her the proper training, studio time, etc. she could very well be the next pop-sensation. And, from the way she talks in the interviews that are all over the internet, becoming a pop-star is obviously her dream. So, accepting the offer to record this shitty song was actually an extremely smart move.

[quote name='Zextra' timestamp='1300510990' post='5082382']
All I can say is that
a.) it is so horribly autotuned - it's even out of tune WITH the "autotune" -_-
b.) her voice is way too nasally to fit the song...
[/quote]
Well, the first part is the fault of the producers obviously. I don't know how you f*** up a tuning when a program does it for you... xD

Ok now everyone knows she is a terrible singer and her music video reeks of douchebaggery.

But, I must add the lyrics are [b][i]also just as stupid.[/i][/b]

"Kickin’ in the front seat
Sittin’ in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?"

Seriously, it's so stupid and devoid of meaning that it's almost like improv.

[quote name='seattleite' timestamp='1300513829' post='5082416']
Ok now everyone knows she is a terrible singer and her music video reeks of douchebaggery.

But, I must add the lyrics are [b][i]also just as stupid.[/i][/b]

"Kickin’ in the front seat
Sittin’ in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?"

Seriously, it's so stupid and devoid of meaning that it's almost like improv.
[/quote]
How bout:
"7 am, Wakin up in the morning
Gotta get my brush
Gotta go downstairs
Gotta get my bowl
Gotta have cereal"
The dummest lyrics I've ever heard. At least Beiber has meaning... I guess...

[quote name='Live777' timestamp='1300514082' post='5082418']
How bout:
"7 am, Wakin up in the morning
Gotta get my brush
Gotta go downstairs
Gotta get my bowl
Gotta have cereal"
The dummest lyrics I've ever heard. At least Beiber has meaning... I guess...
[/quote]

Beiber is... the lesser of the 2 evils at this point.

Also that Pedobear pic made me LOL =D +rep

[quote name='seattleite' timestamp='1300514402' post='5082422']
Beiber is... the lesser of the 2 evils at this point.

Also that Pedobear pic made me LOL =D +rep
[/quote]

Thanks, Pedobear always comes through for me, but that's a story for another time.

[quote name='Dismal Euphony' timestamp='1300510933' post='5082381']
Well I, for one, would question it if it came up in one of our conversations. And it really isn't any of my concern, but I just find it f***ed up when people say s*** like, "They don't deserve to live."

And maybe she accepted it as a way to get her name out there? Yes, it's a terrible song. Yes, she knows that. However, look how f***ing famous she is right now. It's called getting your name out there, even if that means doing some things you're not proud of to get there. Who knows what could happen at this point. She's an internet sensation. For all we know, some major record label could sign her tomorrow and let her do what SHE wants in terms of her music. It's obviously her dream to make music.

If a record company such as AMF came up to me and asked if I wanted to record a shitty song to release to the world with the hopes that I'd become a sensation like she did (granted becoming a recording artist was my dream), I'd put my pride aside and accept. She's insanely well known now.

And, I don't know if you've heard her sing WITHOUT autotune or not, but she's NOT terrible. If a major label that had TALENTED producers decided to pick her up and give her the proper training, studio time, etc. she could very well be the next pop-sensation. And, from the way she talks in the interviews that are all over the internet, becoming a pop-star is obviously her dream. So, accepting the offer to record this shitty song was actually an extremely smart move.
[/quote]

Sure, you might find it extremely immoral, but you are not understanding something that I have reiterated time and time again. It is one thing to say that Dismal does not deserve to live. Maybe I just have an embedded hatred of Dismal, I hate him so much, and I just want him to jump off a cliff so the world can be rid of his awesomeness. It is a completely different thing if I go, find where you live, take a pistol, and shoot you until you are dead. Saying that you don't deserve to live and making sure you aren't living are two different concepts, and while both may be subjectively immoral, the first one is just an opinion, and you can't stop people from having legal opinions.

No, you don't understand. She isn't famous. She is infamous. I can assure you that every single person in my school, even the ones that like Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus as singers, hate this Rebecca Black girl. It is one thing to be AutoTuned or make stupid love songs with no context like Bieber does. It is another thing to have terrible AutoTuning and have retarded lyrics that make no sense whatsoever. I don't care if she was not in charge of the AutoTuning and if she was not in charge of the lyrics, it was entirely her fault to accept the song. This is one of the few videos on YouTube that had more dislikes than likes (until whoever posted it took down the dislike/like function), and considering the vidoe has 11 million views, that is simply showing that the general population of people with sane minds do not like this girl, do not like the lyrics given to her, and do not like the song whatsoever. It's my dream to make music, too, but at least I have a brain to make music that people like, not a pile of s[b][/b]hit from a donkey's ass.

She's well-known for a bad reason. If someone came up to me and told me they'd give me a record deal for singing a song whose lyrics consisted of "Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers", I would not accept, because I would know it would ruin any potential music career I would have. And in this case, it has ruined her music career. The next time she makes a song, no matter how good it is, I can assure you a ton of people will ignore it entirely because this girl has such a bad track record.

Maybe she sings well without AutoTune, but that isn't the point. I don't care how she sang without AutoTune, because that isn't the official version of the song. The AutoTuned version is what will (hopefully not) make it to radios and the MTV awards, not her actually singing. Accepting this offer was not a smart move, but rather a retarded move. Now she gave us the first impression that her future songs will be pumped with an overuse of bad AutoTune, nonsensical lyrics, and terrible singing. You can't assume that taking any deal is smart, because only the smart deals are smart. Justin Bieber is smart in that regard because he was able to effectively target teenage girls and younger children, because those groups listen to his type of music (no cursing, love themes, et cetera). This girl is targetting no one, except trolls. It was a terrible decision, and you are making a terrible argument trying to back her up.

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1300553294' post='5083024']
Sure, you might find it extremely immoral, but you are not understanding something that I have reiterated time and time again. It is one thing to say that Dismal does not deserve to live. Maybe I just have an embedded hatred of Dismal, I hate him so much, and I just want him to jump off a cliff so the world can be rid of his awesomeness. It is a completely different thing if I go, find where you live, take a pistol, and shoot you until you are dead. Saying that you don't deserve to live and making sure you aren't living are two different concepts, and while both may be subjectively immoral, the first one is just an opinion, and you can't stop people from having legal opinions.
[b]They [i]are[/i] two completely different concepts, both of which I find immoral. I know I can't stop people from having legal opinions, no one can. I'm just saying that it's a bit harsh when your opinion goes from "she's a god-awful singer" to "she doesn't deserve to live." I completely understand where you're coming from with your explanation. It doesn't make your opinion any more accepted in my mind.[/b]

No, you don't understand. She isn't famous. She is infamous. I can assure you that every single person in my school, even the ones that like Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus as singers, hate this Rebecca Black girl. It is one thing to be AutoTuned or make stupid love songs with no context like Bieber does. It is another thing to have terrible AutoTuning and have retarded lyrics that make no sense whatsoever. I don't care if she was not in charge of the AutoTuning and if she was not in charge of the lyrics, it was entirely her fault to accept the song. This is one of the few videos on YouTube that had more dislikes than likes (until whoever posted it took down the dislike/like function), and considering the vidoe has 11 million views, that is simply showing that the general population of people with sane minds do not like this girl, do not like the lyrics given to her, and do not like the song whatsoever. It's my dream to make music, too, but at least I have a brain to make music that people like, not a pile of s[b][/b]hit from a donkey's ass.
[b]She's famous for being infamous. Can we agree on that statement? Of course we can because it's true. No matter what you choose to think, Rebecca Black is famous. Every single person in your school knows her. Every single person that I talk to knows her. Celebrities know her. She's famous, brah. Even if NO ONE likes her, she's famous. She's famous simply because no one likes her.[/b]

She's well-known for a bad reason. If someone came up to me and told me they'd give me a record deal for singing a song whose lyrics consisted of "Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers", I would not accept, because I would know it would ruin any potential music career I would have. And in this case, it has ruined her music career. The next time she makes a song, no matter how good it is, I can assure you a ton of people will ignore it entirely because this girl has such a bad track record.
[b]Apparently, you don't know how people work these days. The minute she puts out a new song, people are gonna be ALL OVER it to criticize how bad it is or to see if they can get a cheap laugh out of it. I don't know the validity of this, but I've heard word that she may be getting signed by Usher. So, while you're sitting at home with your pride intact STILL waiting for your big break, she's laughing all the way to bank because she swallowed her pride, did a song she isn't proud of and got her name out there. So you can sit here and think that she ruined her music career, but let me be the first to say that we haven't seen the last of her.[/b]

Maybe she sings well without AutoTune, but that isn't the point. I don't care how she sang without AutoTune, because that isn't the official version of the song. The AutoTuned version is what will (hopefully not) make it to radios and the MTV awards, not her actually singing. Accepting this offer was not a smart move, but rather a retarded move. Now she gave us the first impression that her future songs will be pumped with an overuse of bad AutoTune, nonsensical lyrics, and terrible singing. You can't assume that taking any deal is smart, because only the smart deals are smart. Justin Bieber is smart in that regard because he was able to effectively target teenage girls and younger children, because those groups listen to his type of music (no cursing, love themes, et cetera). This girl is targetting no one, except trolls. It was a terrible decision, and you are making a terrible argument trying to back her up.
[b]Actually, if you paid attention, you'd know that there are A LOT of people that like this song. None of which are very intelligent, but I've seen this song get A LOT of praise. Granted, most of the people that like this song are between the ages of like 9 - 12, but it has fans nonetheless. We can't really say who she's targeting with her music until SHE actually writes the music.[/b]
[/quote]

The problem with replying in bold is that I can't quote your post anymore, as I will be quoting nothing. ipb makes it so you cannot have a quote inside of your quote, so I can't quote your post which has your response in my quote, if that made sense. So, I'll just give four responses.

I don't understand why you see "she doesn't deserve to live" as a bad thing? You act like that is the worst thing to say to someone? I don't find it immoral whatsoever as it is an opinion, and you are simply stating that you feel Rebecca Black is a detriment to society and we'd be better off if she were dead. People say that about others all the time. Look at Bush. Look at Palin. Hell, look at Hitler. No one ever things that saying Hitler deserves to be dead (well, he is, but that isn't the point) is an immoral statement, because literally everybody except Neo-Nazis are part of that opinion. And everyone who isn't a Neo-Nazi hates Neo-Nazis, unless you have never met one. Just because Rebecca Black isn't generally hated doesn't mean she is exempt from being brutally hit with opinions. Maybe I don't feel she deserves to live if she is going to make such shitty music, and you have no right to tell me that I cannot think that. And you furthermore make a bad argument for why such a statement is immoral, if I'm not going to kill her.

That's not a good thing. Being famous has a positive connotation. Being infamous has a negative connotation. I'm fairly sure everybody who lives in America knows who Sarah Palin is, because we've seen her act like a retard on interviews, and she's a milf that knows next-to-nothing, et cetera. And yes, she's famous. In fact, anyone who is widely known is considered famous, but there is a different between being famous and being famous [b]and[/b] infamous. People like Stephen King are famous; they are generally liked by society, and people know them because of their good work, or morality, or something good about them. People like Osama Bin Laden are infamous, because people don't like them, and while they are well-known, they are well-known for a bad reason. That is literally the exact definition of infamous, too. Being famous is good, but not when you are also infamous.

You are defining success as the amount of money one makes, and I don't fully blame you for that. I, however, define success as what percent of the population likes you. I can go out and make retarded songs and get money for it, and I can sit at home knowing I'm absolutely retarded but rich, but I wouldn't consider myself successful. People like Justin Bieber and Eminem (never thought I'd use those two names in the same sentence) are successful because a lot of people like their music (less so in the former case), they have tons of concerts, they have made tons of songs, et cetera. Sure, they both have a lot of moeny, but if I have more money than you, does mean I am more successful? No. People will listen to her music not because it is good, but because it is bad, because it is funny to see people make fools of themselves thinking that they are good. When it comes time that she releases a CD, we'll see how many people will actually spend money to buy it. You can sit and laugh at a YouTube video and give her cheap views, but when you have to spend money to buy her shitty material, no one is going to. 11 million views on YouTube does not equate to 11 million CDs sold.

Who is she targetting with those lyrics? At least the dumbasses who talk about drugs, sex, and girls are targetting the high school population that don't have enough intelligence to think of other lyrical themes. She talks about the most retarded things in her song. Everybody has some fans, no matter how stupid the music is, because sometimes you gain fans without targetting people. But on YouTube, you are hard pressed to find a video that has more dislikes than likes when it isn't related to stupid memes or religion. Even some Justin Bieber songs have more likes than dislikes because there are so many JB fans. This girl has a low percentage of people that like her, so while she is gaining a few nine-year-olds here and there, she is losing the rest of the world.

Archived