Rebecca Black

Canadian

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Dismal Euphony' timestamp='1300575619' post='5083643']
This argument is going nowhere. I don't feel like typing up five more paragraphs for you to just post five more paragraphs of why you don't agree with my point of view. How about we just agree to disagree?
[/quote]

This argument never was anywhere in the first place, because you were so hell-bent on believing that saying someone deserves to die is a bad, immoral thing, and anything I've done to convince you has been nullified in your head. This argument never will go anywhere, so there really was no point, and it was a waste of energy for my hands and fingers.

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1300589609' post='5084087']
This argument never was anywhere in the first place, because you were so hell-bent on believing that saying someone deserves to die is a bad, immoral thing, and anything I've done to convince you has been nullified in your head. This argument never will go anywhere, so there really was no point, and it was a waste of energy for my hands and fingers.
[/quote]
I'm still hell-bent on believing that. Lol. In my opinion, that's an awful thing to think.

That's fine, but you spurred a topic in General for the entire reason of discussing (but moreso, bashing) the people who say that Rebecca Black deserves to die. I just wanted to point out that saying someone deserves to die is [b]not[/b] crime, Rebecca Black is an idiot who made stupid decisions with her music career, and the so-called trolls who hate her may just be right in this situation.

I think we should stop before Opalmoon bans our asses.

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1300590591' post='5084128']
That's fine, but you spurred a topic in General for the entire reason of discussing (but moreso, bashing) the people who say that Rebecca Black deserves to die. I just wanted to point out that saying someone deserves to die is [b]not[/b] crime, Rebecca Black is an idiot who made stupid decisions with her music career, and the so-called trolls who hate her may just be right in this situation.

I think we should stop before Opalmoon bans our asses.
[/quote]
I don't ever recall saying it was a crime. I just think it's dumb that people wish such awful things on people that really haven't done anything to anyone. Now, if you were to wish death upon a sadistic criminal or whatever, I wouldn't really disagree. Serial killers, people like Hitler, etc. deserve death. We obviously have completely conflicting opinions on this matter so arguing really won't solve anything. It all boils down to our opinion and views on certain matters. So, like I said, lets just agree to disagree and end this bicker before Opal goes postal on us.

Okay we all the song sucks. Now what makes her worse then Bieber: She made every comment on the utube video be spam. When interviewed she was read a review of the song where the guy said he would rather shoot himself then listen to this song again. She went into total b**** Mode when she heard that. At least when Justin is interviewed about people hating his videos he doesn't act like this crazy b**** did.

How can you guys not understand this girl's greatness?
She totally pwns all other artists.

[Spoiler=Rebeccaspam [i][color="#FF0000"](GIF heavy)[/color][/i]]

[img]http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/4/2011/03/42b6b488076b6b717a33369dbe2edae4/340x.gif[/img]

Love yourself, and rejoice, because
[img]http://electricspoofaloo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/unforgetfull.jpeg[/img]

Partying Partying!!
[img]http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhzgwrFKeE1qcnhhzo1_500.gif[/img]

I get to the bus stop and
[img]http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/106/016/original/3817207570.gif?1300155872[/img]

A song that features usher is obviously PWN.
[img]http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhz7cfjgD31qa9yvvo1_500.gif[/img]
[/spoiler]

So, [b]LEAVE REBECCA ALONE!!![/b] :(
[color="#FFFFFF"]For those who didn't get it, it is sarcasm[/color].

So I walk into my calculus class, and obviously people are talking about this because they were a few days late, and I heard someone say that Rebecca Black sounds better without, y'know, the shitty AutoTune job. I confronted them and told them straight-up that, no matter what you do to her voice, no matter what song you make her sing, her voice will always be terrible for the pop industry, and she will have no decent music career. Justin Bieber isn't all that good, either, but at least he was able to muster up a decent enough career out of his voice. However, I admittedly said this without listening to her voice without AutoTune. I just listened to her sing Friday and a part of the national anthem without AutoTune, and with as much of an open mind as I can possibly have, I can honestly say she still sucks. I may be in choir, but I'm not saying I can sing a whole shitton better. At least I know I'm not a good singer. Her voice is nasally, she has a very small range, and has very little singing skill whatsoever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jtVtSTr070

That's an example.

First, the instruments kind of block out her singing giving people the impression that she may be singing good. No. If you listen closely, you can still hear her nasally voice and the raspness in her voice, and while the latter sometimes works on a select few artists, it doesn't work on pop singers sans Michael Jackson in a few songs. Second, you clearly notice that the age group she is targetting is between the ages of eight and eleven, which is a terrible age group to target, especially when you have such shitty lyrics. She really isn't targetting anyone, because I can't think of anyone sane that would listen to such blatantly stupid music, in terms of the lyrics and the singing. Why don't you find me an a cappella version of her singing before you tell me that she has any talent whatsoever?

People like this absolutely disgrace the music industry. I'll give her the botd; maybe she didn't want to sing such a song, and maybe even she thinks the lyrics are stupid. But why would you tarnish your music career with a terrible first song? I know I've been comparing her to Justin Bieber because I am trying to drive home the point that Bieber is better than Rebecca Black, but at least his first song, One Time, was targetted at a larger population and at least had a minor bit of substance to it. Maybe his actual singing without refinement isn't that good, but at least he is not singing songs about Fridays and at least he isn't using a bad AutoTune job. This girl is simply terrible, and I do not blame people whatsoever for wishing death upon her.

[i]Which seat can I take?[/i]

Considering there was only one seat left in the car, it seems like it would be a tough decision to choose which seat she should sit in of one available seats.

Even with EVERYTHING you said being true, I still see no need for people to wish death upon her. It's just a concept that doesn't make sense in my head. [i]"This girl has no talent. She makes bad music. She chose to record an awful song. It's obvious that she should die."[/i] No. Just not grasping that. [i]"This girl has no talent. She makes bad music. She chose to record an awful song. It's obvious that she should seek vocal lessons or just never record again. Actually, I'll just further ignore anything and everything she ever puts out and continue listen to music that I enjoy."[/i] That just seems to be more appropriate. Just not grasping why she should endure physical pain or death. *shrug*

I can't tell you why she chose to do that. No one but her can tell you why she did that. I offered my theory on that already so I won't get back into that. As for the video, it's apparent that she's not a great singer. She's admitted that on national TV. She doesn't think she's a good singer, but she doesn't think she's the worst. That's very accurate. She's NOT a good singer. Anyone that knows anything about music can tell that from this video. Her voice doesn't have a good singing tone. As you said, her voice is slightly raspy. She has a very nasally tone. Beyond the tone, she was off-pitch a lot in this video. And around 1:45, she was obviously struggling to hit that note. She's NOT a good singer, but she's also not the WORST singer.

Because people like taking actions to the extreme. Again, I don't see why you should care so long as a hater doesn't kill Rebecca Black. I can have my own opinion that she deserves to die, and you challenging that opinions implies that you are telling me I am wrong, which I know I'm not. Well, I'm not really right either, because it's subjective saying that someone deserves to die. Nevertheless, you should be ignoring all the death comments if you don't like the thoughts behind them. Oh, and on that topic, Black is retarded because she marked all comments that weren't nice as spam, showing she can't handle any criticism, and furthermore is provoking the so-called "trolls" to continue flaming.

No one said she was the worst singer. I can assure you that more than 75% of the people who hate Rebecca Black can't even sing better than her, myself included. But at least we know where to draw the line between a good singer and a bad singer, and a bad singer and a terrible singer. She's a terrible singer, she shouldn't be in the music industry, and if she really wants to have an actual career singing pop songs, she should target an older audience and not have such shitty lyrics. However, playing Devil's advocate, can you name any famous, [i]official[/i] singer that is worse than Rebecca Black? Don't give me Larry Platt or that Chinese guy on American Idol a few seasons ago, because those aren't really artists in any sense of the word.

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1300742740' post='5088025']
Because people like taking actions to the extreme. Again, I don't see why you should care so long as a hater doesn't kill Rebecca Black. I can have my own opinion that she deserves to die, and you challenging that opinions implies that you are telling me I am wrong, which I know I'm not. Well, I'm not really right either, because it's subjective saying that someone deserves to die. Nevertheless, you should be ignoring all the death comments if you don't like the thoughts behind them. Oh, and on that topic, Black is retarded because she marked all comments that weren't nice as spam, showing she can't handle any criticism, and furthermore is provoking the so-called "trolls" to continue flaming.

No one said she was the worst singer. I can assure you that more than 75% of the people who hate Rebecca Black can't even sing better than her, myself included. But at least we know where to draw the line between a good singer and a bad singer, and a bad singer and a terrible singer. She's a terrible singer, she shouldn't be in the music industry, and if she really wants to have an actual career singing pop songs, she should target an older audience and not have such shitty lyrics. However, playing Devil's advocate, can you name any famous, [i]official[/i] singer that is worse than Rebecca Black? Don't give me Larry Platt or that Chinese guy on American Idol a few seasons ago, because those aren't really artists in any sense of the word.
[/quote]
I'm not "challenging" your opinion. I'm just saying that I can't grasp WHY that's your opinion. I don't see WHY you would wish death upon her. And yeah, I can't really disagree with the last part. It's dumb that she did that. I mean, obviously I can see the point behind marking the death wishes, etc. as spam, but marking simple criticism as spam is just stupid and immature.

Official singers that are worse than her? 95% of grunge singers say hi. *coughkurtcobainspecificallycough*

Because she serves as a detriment to the music industry and society in general?

Sure, she could quit the music industry for good, but does that make for a coherent comment on YouTube?

"I hope that Rebecca Black quits the music industry and never comes back."
"I hope that Rebecca Black dies one day, so we don't have to listen to this bullshit."

Which sounds more like what a YouTube commenter would say?

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1300745039' post='5088111']
Because she serves as a detriment to the music industry and society in general?

Sure, she could quit the music industry for good, but does that make for a coherent comment on YouTube?

"I hope that Rebecca Black quits the music industry and never comes back."
"I hope that Rebecca Black dies one day, so we don't have to listen to this bullshit."

Which sounds more like what a YouTube commenter would say?
[/quote]
Unfortunately, the latter sounds like a response from the typical YouTuber. I fail to see how she serves as a detriment to society. I totally agree with the music industry statement, but I'm just not seeing how she's detrimental to society. And that actually sounds like a better comment on YouTube, but once again, this all boils down to opinion.

And my opinion is obviously superior to yours. :P Kidding of course, buddy.

[quote name='METALMAXIMAL' timestamp='1300745758' post='5088144']
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah your right she sucks ass but now LISTEN TO OUR VERSION!!!!!!!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi00ykRg_5c

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
This is actually worse than the original.

Archived