Good ways to get back into the Physical Card Game?

I haven't played the game competitively IRL since the Beatdown Era at all. And while I've gotten better at the game through experiences online, one part still fuddles me. The Physical Card Game and their prices/packs contain what/etc. Normally I'd run Ice Frog Synchro but I doubt all the cards required are even in the TCG yet. (And I still don't know where Local Cardshops are in my Area/been here 3yrs). Or really, what kind of decks of mine I can actually run without pulling all the well, for lack of a better term [i]"dakine"[/i].

So umm yea, if someone can help me ease back into the Physical Card Game and find prices for the kinds of decks I run.

[quote name='Icyblue' timestamp='1300982133' post='5093480']
I haven't played the game competitively IRL since the Beatdown Era at all. And while I've gotten better at the game through experiences online, one part still fuddles me. The Physical Card Game and their prices/packs contain what/etc. Normally I'd run Ice Frog Synchro but I doubt all the cards required are even in the TCG yet. (And I still don't know where Local Cardshops are in my Area/been here 3yrs). Or really, what kind of decks of mine I can actually run without pulling all the well, for lack of a better term [i]"dakine"[/i].

So umm yea, if someone can help me ease back into the Physical Card Game and find prices for the kinds of decks I run.
[/quote]

Structure Decks are always a good first step to it...as lately buying them gets you a decently playable Deck to use...
Even more if you convine 2/3 Copies of said SD...

As for Getting Ice Barrier Stuff Cheap...IDK...Here that stuff are quite Expensive due to Hidden Terminal and such being imported in low numbers...>_<

[quote name='A Veritable Truth' timestamp='1300984385' post='5093512']
And Phalanx.

Also, Icy, can you provide a decklist/link to the deck you want to start running again?
[/quote]

Uuh... With the new posting things, and how I switched browsers and cleared the other ones that wouldn't be possible without some extensive work.

But I usually run Ice Barrier Frog Synchro, Rituals, Spirits (I'll post the decklist for this one later), and Agent Fairies, and anything to deal with a Water or Light Theme.

[quote name='.Kowalski' timestamp='1300984762' post='5093527']
Ice Barriers... dunno about them
[b]For Rituals, only Demise and Herald variants are good TBH[/b]
Anti-Meta Spirits rock
Wait for Lost Sanctuary if you want Agents
[/quote]

RITUAS!

Also Antimeta Spirit Rock?
I like the Fairy Variant Better...though IDK what Antimeta Spirit Rock looks like...

Well, from the getgo you're going to run into some annoyng problems with Ice barriers. Frogs are cheap, Brio has gone down, Dewloren has always been cheap, Gungir is fairly expensive, and Trish is STILL going for stupid amounts, but it hasn't been mass released yet.

[s]Rituals...it depends on the monster you're focusing around. Demise OTK, being feasible again, has brought his price upward dramatically. Most of the others are fairly cheap; maybe a Herald lockdown?[/s]

[s]Agent Fairies...wait for the Structure Deck to come out in July, or June or whatever. I've run it in WC11 and it's amazing.[/s]

EDIT: stricken stuff is ninja'd stuff

[quote name='A Veritable Truth' timestamp='1300984975' post='5093534']
Well, from the getgo you're going to run into some annoyng problems with Ice barriers. Frogs are cheap, Brio has gone down, Dewloren has always been cheap, Gungir is fairly expensive, and Trish is STILL going for stupid amounts, but it hasn't been mass released yet.
[/quote]

If I might interject here. The Synchros involved are Mist Wurm, Trishula, Brio, and the Formula/Red Nova/Shooting Star set-up. As well as any others that might help.

And traditionally I run Shinato-Demise Variants for Rituals.

Well, over the years I've amassed a collection, and pretty much I just play with what I have. I've only bought like 13 cards in my Yu-Gi-Oh! "career". I don't do tournament play, but that's partially because there's none nearby.

The best way to do it is buy Structure Decks, Starter Decks (the ones with Synchros/Exceeds (when they come out), and the most recent packs. You can get some decent and usable cards. A lot of the useful ones are actually Common, with some exception. You can also buy singles at Troll and Toad, and a few other places. Tins can be used for certain cards that you need, since you are guaranteed to get it. Though they are semi-expensive.

Other than all that, I don't know of much to tell you.

SDDL needs playsets of Vaginas and Phalanxes plus all the other synchros.

Probably you're best off buying 3 SDMA and then buying solemn and 2 Royal tribute. Obviuosly it would be best to have cash to splash out on pots but...

[quote name='iHop' timestamp='1300992018' post='5093726']
SDDL needs playsets of Vaginas and Phalanxes plus all the other synchros.

Probably you're best off buying 3 SDMA and then buying solemn and 2 Royal tribute. Obviuosly it would be best to have cash to splash out on pots but...
[/quote]

gk's are pro without recruiter.

inb4edit

[quote name='Thor el Señor de los Aesir' timestamp='1300992464' post='5093751']
Goddamnit Josh if you want to play IRL don't play bad decks.
[/quote]
Not everyone is willing to spend a lot of money on this game.
Buget builds exist for a reason.
(....But of course, budget decks cant exactly be tier 1 material)

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1300994913' post='5093863']
Not everyone is willing to spend a lot of money on this game.
Buget builds exist for a reason.
(....But of course, budget decks cant exactly be tier 1 material)
[/quote]

*rolls eyes* If I get back into the game, I'm having a High Quality Leather Utility Belt made (engraved and custom buckles etc). Spending a lot of money is really subjective.

[quote name='Icyblue' timestamp='1300995011' post='5093868']
*rolls eyes* If I get back into the game, I'm having a High Quality Leather Utility Belt made (engraved and custom buckles etc). Spending a lot of money is really subjective.
[/quote]
I mean if your buying singles >______<
[i]Occasionally[/i] you find something that just has a ridiculous price.

You guys and your singles. Wouldn't it be cheaper to, instead of buying a $150 card, to simply just buy $150 of the pack that its in, and sell the rare and unneeded cards you get, then do it again. At least then you have a chance of just pulling it yourself and saving in the long run x.x Or does it not work that well?

[quote name='darkwolf777' timestamp='1300995602' post='5093894']
You guys and your singles. Wouldn't it be cheaper to, instead of buying a $150 card, to simply just buy $150 of the pack that its in, and sell the rare and unneeded cards you get, then do it again. At least then you have a chance of just pulling it yourself and saving in the long run x.x Or does it not work that well?
[/quote]
To be honest, if you buy a box from a set, there is only like 1 card in it that is going to be worth money.
And if you succeed at pulling multiples of it, you turn profit.
If you don't, then your kinda' stuck with a crap-load of commons.

[quote name='darkwolf777' timestamp='1300995602' post='5093894']
[/quote]

That card's price would be $150 because pulling it isn't that simple.

Also, the seller's scaling can screw you over sometimes when doing that.

Archived