Negima!

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1328584584' post='5801834']
Were you not aware that Akamatsu's health is bad right now? Also, he's axing the series of his own choice, it seems - someone asked him if this was his plan all along on Twitter and he responded with this (translated):

Putting that figure into perspective, most limited editions cost 1980 yen and only sell 20-30 thousand at best.

Some people think he's retiring due to bad health, which has been a problem for years. Some people think he intends to have a sequel with a new title, probably as a monthly series (Negi isn't a "sensei" anymore, so the title needs fixing). He's stated before that the plan was to end at around 400 and that it was taking longer than usual, so SOMETHING is up.

In any case, I'm acquainted with 3 translators for this series - one of their translations has been added to a LQ scan of 352. Go Google it if curious - I only link to the Red Hawk scans here.
[/quote]

Then i hope he gets better and of course we wait the final 3 chapters.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They did. But I suggest getting the first 21 in the form of the first 7 omnibuses, because the translation was at varying levels of dubiousness until the 22nd volume (especially bad are the first 6, as well as the 20th and 21st), and the translators that took over for the 22nd volume were the ones who re-translated them for the omnibus release.

It's also cheaper, with the minor downside of some lettering errors, so it's win-win. :P

I was quite disappointed in the latest chapter. I have never EVER been disappointed with anything Ken Akamatsu has done in Negima and Love Hina until now. This plot twist could either go well or it could fail miserably and I have seen this twist used before and every time it happened it was a miserable failure. However I have faith Ken will be able to make this work. He has had a hell of a track record and I wouldn't be a fan if I backed on him because of one chapter. Its just I am scared he could do something that will make me regret reading the last chapters. If for some reason he does screw it up then I will just consider the Cosmo Entelecheia Arch the last arch. Ken please for the love of all things holy DON'T SCREW THIS UP!

[quote]
[left]赤松健 @[url="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KenAkamatsu"]Ken Akamatsu[/url] [color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]マガジン編集部から、「AI止ま」~「ラブひな」~「ネギま」の生原稿が保険付き宅配便で帰ってきた。す、 凄い量だ(笑)。私の新人賞(デビュー作)とか読み切り(MY サンタ)まである。すげぇ[/size][/font][/color][/left]

[left][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]赤松健 @[/size][/font][/color][url="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KenAkamatsu"]Ken Akamatsu[/url][/left]
[left][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]別に、もう専属じゃないですよ(笑)。っていうか、実はデビュー以来初めて、担当編集が変わる んです。 RT @clown_t @[/size][/font][/color][url="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KenAkamatsu"]Ken Akamatsu[/url] [color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]それはつまり次はマガジン以外で連載フラグ?[/size][/font][/color][/left]

[left][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]— Ken used insurance express delivery to ship ALL of his original manga script at Kodansha back to his home, Love Hina, AI Love Stop, and Negima, even his newbie award winner "My Santa", and that is a lot![/size][/font][/color][/left]

[left][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]— so Ken is NO LONGER the EXCLUSIVE mangaka of Kodansha, in fact, for the first time since he is being a mangaka, Ken got a new editor, which leads to RT asking Ken if Ken's next series will NOT be on Shonen Magazine.[/size][/font][/color][/left]
[/quote]

tl;dr he is moving to another magazine, probably another publisher, and probably already has a serialization lined up.

I'm betting on a monthly mag, since that's less pages he needs to draw per week. All the breaks were mostly because he can't draw fast enough, after all.

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1328927940' post='5809688']
True. After all if you look at negima . . . WOW it is detailed.

So he is cutting this one off to move somewhere else and start a monthly manga. OKay that makes sense and l approve.
[/quote]
As do I this seems like a well concieved idea on his part.

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1329182254' post='5815621']
As would a lot of people be, but I still say if he does a good enough ending it would work.

Though it being Akamatsu-dono, and his track record, he probably make a happy ending
[/quote]
The problem is the stunt he just pulled in the last chapter was BIG! I have seen writers go down this road before and I can say each time it went to sh*t! Ken Akamatsu is talented though and I would like to think it would work out but after the last chapter IDK. Last chapter was pretty bad.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1329183155' post='5815666']
You realize that bloody Lingshen appeared in the final chapter, implying time travel is possible, right?
[/quote]
Yes but will he capitalize? Or will he shoot it down. This I sincerely worry about.
Point is last chapter dissapointed me.

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1329183202' post='5815671']
Yeah you can actually see my reaction above.

If you ask me he is going to send Asuna back into the past.
[/quote]
Now THIS would be logical and worthy of an award.

• 2 weeks later...

It was the original ending plan.

We have no way of knowing when he changed it, but remember that Jack Rakan made a joke about Negi dying 3 chapters before the end of the series just after the fight against him. Seeing as this manga makes lots of jokes that are foreshadowing, I think the plan must've changed to what's happening now before then.

Archived