Negima!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah same here.

The light touch of AsunaXClass Rep was nice of Akamatsu-dono to do for the fans. Though I know they were friends all along.

The two parts that made me laugh were with Chamo and the Family History Book.

Chamo: "Would I betray aniki?!"

Honestly I couldn't read past that I started laughing, thinking, "Chamo, you'd do it for a nice pair of lacy panties so . . . uh . . . yeah, you would."

And when I read the book was a fake all I could say, out loud no less, to Hakase was, "You b****!" and laugh.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1328065784' post='5793201']
That would be a cop-out and would eliminate 90% of the cast.
[/quote]

Either KA is trolling, had to end the series fast because of health reasons, or he did just that. Really sad chapter, actually brought a tear to my eye.

TBH, where its left off, he could easily do a spin-off/sequel, or someone else could pick it up for him if he really is on the decline. Or, just leave it to the fanbase, they'll think of something.
To quote onemanga:
"Well this has gone over on /a/nime at 4chan like a lead balloon.
[spoiler=Be Warned]Killed off the entire class and Negi offscreen and left us with emotion-shattered Asuna, Chao, and forever-alone Eva.
*slow clap*"[/spoiler]

[quote name='TheTurtleOnceCalledGod' timestamp='1328579386' post='5801477']
Either KA is trolling, had to end the series fast because of health reasons, or he did just that. Really sad chapter, actually brought a tear to my eye.

TBH, where its left off, he could easily do a spin-off/sequel, or someone else could pick it up for him if he really is on the decline. Or, just leave it to the fanbase, they'll think of something.
To quote onemanga:
"Well this has gone over on /a/nime at 4chan like a lead balloon.
[spoiler=Be Warned]Killed off the entire class and Negi offscreen and left us with emotion-shattered Asuna, Chao, and forever-alone Eva.
*slow clap*"[/spoiler]
[/quote]
Dude do you think he will create another manga or he will officially retired?

The life of a mangaka is far harder than you would think. True, its not as labourous as other jobs physically (other than drawing something out many times over to get it right), but is taxing on the mind; to come up with innovative and awe inspiring new ideas without resorting to over 9001 memes (inb4 Rakan's power level).

Were you not aware that Akamatsu's health is bad right now? Also, he's axing the series of his own choice, it seems - someone asked him if this was his plan all along on Twitter and he responded with this (translated):

[quote]If I were an editor-in-chief, I don't think I'd have the courage to cancel a series whose limited edition costing 5, 000 yen (roughly $60 USD) had 57, 000 preorders. (lol)[/quote]

Putting that figure into perspective, most limited editions cost 1980 yen and only sell 20-30 thousand at best.

Some people think he's retiring due to bad health, which has been a problem for years. Some people think he intends to have a sequel with a new title, probably as a monthly series (Negi isn't a "sensei" anymore, so the title needs fixing). He's stated before that the plan was to end at around 400 and that it was taking longer than usual, so SOMETHING is up.

In any case, I'm acquainted with 3 translators for this series - one of their translations has been added to a LQ scan of 352. Go Google it if curious - I only link to the Red Hawk scans here.

Archived