New Created Card Game *Looking for New Members*

FF Fan

Trap Sorcerer already sounds like he would create some problems. Each turn you can send a trap card from your Graveyard to your hand and every time you do you can draw 1 card and add that same card to your hand. I know your opponent draws too, but most decks run a lot less traps than they do spells, so you would be benefiting from it a lot more than your opponent.

Limit Trapper might be problematic too in the same regards.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Nu-Mou Knight' timestamp='1315948192' post='5512661']
Limit would probably be a bit better than Sorcerer, since both players can use it's effect. Might wanna put a little bit of a cost though, like discard 1 card to draw 1 card, so it's only a +0. Sorcerer I do agree with, though. Must've missed that one.

I'm getting the runtime error again >_< How did you fix that last time?
[/quote]

When you try to open the YVD? That means that there's something coded wrong in there. There's probably a | missing on a card. I must not be any of mine as I got mine opened just fine. If you added in any new cards check those.

[quote name='FF Fan' timestamp='1315954903' post='5512969']

When you try to open the YVD? That means that there's something coded wrong in there. There's probably a | missing on a card. I must not be any of mine as I got mine opened just fine. If you added in any new cards check those.
[/quote]

Ah, alright. Thanks.

[quote name='LiquidDJ11' timestamp='1315952621' post='5512868']
i suppose you could add a lp effect, or something
yes, above cards effects are optional.
[/quote]

Got it.

EDIT: Ah, now I see. I used a slash instead of a line to separate ATK and DEF. Copy them again in 10 minutes or so.

How many cards of yours are in it? I can't count exactly, since I'm on my laptop right now. (Doesn't have yvd on it, too small screen.) I can tell you that you have at least 30 in there. I don't think you'd need to take any out. If you could, could you make a Level 2 Xyz? There's a number of Level 2s that support this set (your Trapper Mages, Mask of Darkness, a few others I can't think of right now), but an Xyz made of them would probably be more useful. Or, you could create a Tuner or 2 to go with the Trapping Theme, so a few Synchros could be smoothly worked in. If you don't feel like doing those, or even if you do, it'd probably be best to take a break from making cards for us for a week or so. That way, we can thoroughly test most of your existing cards.

We tested the Trappers against the MAMs today, and "Royal Decree" can single-handedly dismantle over half of the Deck. I had all but forgotten about it, and the only ways to get rid of it reliably is either MST or Fury. Also, simply having monsters with lower ATK is a notable weakness. With Troll being the single strongest, reliable card (I tried making a semi-Uria Deck, but he is a bit unreliable due to needing face-up Traps) in the deck with 1800 ATK, it is becoming increasingly obvious that higher-powered monsters are too much of a threat to make a very devoted Trapping Deck viable, though I dd have some suggestions for weakening MAMs, so we'll see how that works out. I'll be changing the Traps I'm using to contain more power-boosters. Also, I did see Hidden Rage, and I'm going to suggest that it should only work on "Trapper" monsters. Also, I'd like to somehow change the Trap-taking effect of Creator. I could see it becoming a bit too much if it can be used repeatedly. Perhaps it can only be used once per Duel? If you're curious of the Decks I've been using, I'll put them below this.

[spoiler=Burning Trapper]Monsters:
3 x Troll Trapper
2 x Fury Trapper
2 x Balloon (destroys a monster that destroys it and inflicts 800 lp Damage)
Grenade (Balloon with 1200 Damage)

Spell:
3 x Gold Sarc
2 x World of Balance (Rain of Mercy in a Field Spell)
2 x Terraforming
2 x MST
L Vortex

Trap:
3 x Sorrow's Flight
3 x Simochi
2 x Bribe
2 x Light Arrow (Dim. Prison that inflicts ATK-DEF in damage)
2 x Bottomless
2 x Waboku
2 x Illusioned Victory
2 x Energy Steal
2 x Wishing for Fortune
Low Blow
CotH[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Beating Trapper]Monsters:
3 x Troll
2 x Mecha
2 x Fury
Sniper
2 x Mask of Darkness
Jester Lord
Watapon
The Trapmaster

Spell:
2 x MST
2 x Gold Sarc

Trap:
2 x Trick Hole
2 x CotH
2 x Black Horn of Heaven
2 x Bribe
2 x Low Blow
2 x S-IS
2 x Soul Rope
2 x Dust Tornado
Bottomless
Energy Steal
Negate Attack
Mirror Force
Blast with Chain
Trap of Darkness
Gemini Trap Hole

Extra:
Sniper
Torturer
Limit Trapper
Creator[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Uria/Trapper]Monsters:
3 x Troll
2 x Mecha
2 x Flame
2 x Guardian
2 x Uria
Trickster

Spell:
2 x MST
Gold Sarc

Trap:
2 x Trick Hole
2 x BHoH
2 x Bribe
2 x S-IS
2 x Dust Tornado
2 x Tiki Soul
2 x Low Blow
2 x Imperial Custom
Zoma the Spirit
Treacherous Trap Hole
Bottomless
Energy Steal
CotH
Mirror Force
Gemini Trap Hole
Tiki Curse
Metal Reflect Slime

Extra:
Limit Trapper
Creator[/spoiler]

After we've had time to test these, or by Sunday, whichever comes first, I'd like to include the rest of my NetNavi and Virus cards.

ok, got it. Hope they work

Flame Trapper
Pyro/Effect/Fire/4 stars
1800/1000
Effect:[font=Cambria] [/font]This card cannot declare an attack if there are 2 or less Trap cards in your Graveyard. When this card declares an attack, you must select 1 Trap card in your Graveyard and add it to your Deck

Guardian Trapper
Warrior/Gemini/Dark/4 stars
1700/300
Effect: This card is treated as a Normal monster when it is Summoned. You can Summon it again to treat it as an Effect monster with this effect(s):[font=Cambria] [/font]While this card remains on the field, your opponent must pay 500 life points each time he activates a card effect that would target a Trap card you control. inflict 500 damage to your opponent each time a Trap card on the field is sent to the Graveyard.

So Nu-Mou, how should we go about changing the Old Creator and Mecha Beast?

For Old Creator I like your suggestion of making him an XYZ. I'm entirely not sure about his effect as it currently is either. Can he just negate any Trap Cards period or is suppose to be ones that only target monsters? Either way it is highly powerful for a Level 4 monster.

For Mecha Beast I'm not sure. His self-destruction of flipping over a FLIP monster isn't that big of a set back. You never even use his effect on monsters and I see no reason for you to either considering what I have face-down will most likely not be much of a threat to a monster that can activate stuff like Gemini Trap Hole for free. I was thinking perhaps he could be a higher level monster as well.

[quote name='FF Fan' timestamp='1316285780' post='5520737']
For Old Creator I like your suggestion of making him an XYZ. I'm entirely not sure about his effect as it currently is either. Can he just negate any Trap Cards period or is suppose to be ones that only target monsters? Either way it is highly powerful for a Level 4 monster.

[b]Perhaps he can negate Traps that affect "Trapper" monsters the player controls, so things like Mirror Force could be negated, but those such as Threatening Roar would still work since they affect the player instead. Also, would we change his battle stats if he were to be made an Xyz?[/b]

For Mecha Beast I'm not sure. His self-destruction of flipping over a FLIP monster isn't that big of a set back. You never even use his effect on monsters and I see no reason for you to either considering what I have face-down will most likely be much of a threat to a monster that can activate stuff like Gemini Trap Hole for free. I was thinking perhaps he could be a higher level monster as well.

[b]True, that is the mentality that I follow with the effect. I feel he's made more for backrow clean-up. We could make him a Level 5, maybe a Synch (big maybe), or give him the semi-Nomi status of cards like Sniper and Brute Trapper. [/b][b](They're Normal Summoned by Tributing, and can't be Spec'd but can be Set and flipped.)[/b]
[/quote]

Archived