Homophobia

.Rai

Why I bring this up is that people seem do delegate those who are not masculine or don't like football as a homosexual.

I basically fall under that category.

Homophobia kinda links in with metrosexuality too.

Discuss homophobia and related stuff.

Do you fall into the prejudicial category or the judged one?

Anyways, I really don't care about another person's sexual orientation. It could only bother me if they came onto me and tried to get me and such. Then, I'd just tell them I wasn't really interested. Hopefully, they'd leave.

I actually have a homophobic friend. I don't understand what point he sees in it, but he'll believe what he wants to believe.

Personally, I think it's a little unfair to label someone as homophobic because they don't share the same views as you. Isn't it?

That being said, it is extremely retarded to label someone as gay because of personal interests, or to bother someone about it at all. That also applies to harassing people about their sexual orientation.

I don't particularly care about anyone's gender, or really anything about them. Race, religion, age, I speak to all people in the same condescending tone.

On-topic though: It's really annoying when people are labeled homophobic just because they disagree with what you do or don't like you. "You don't like me?! You must be homophobic!"

Yeah, it couldn't at all have to do with the fact that you're a one-note stereotype who flaunt your sexuality in front of everyone. I'd be just as annoyed if you were a straight guy frenching and dry humping your girlfriend everywhere in public like you just got out of prison.

Generally, homophobes only target [s]people with annoying, tall signatures[/s] people they perceive as lacking masculinity. I am bisexual by definition, but realistically I'm homosexual. I don't describe myself as masculine, but I'm certainly not feminine (save perhaps for a few traits, but these aren't on the surface and have nothing to do with my sexuality), and I have no issue. Granted, I'm not out, but I don't hide it either. If anyone asks, I tell them. Anyway, the point is that the specific behaviour alluded to by the OP as "homophobia" likely isn't. It's prejudice, yes, but against the feminine traits of said people rather than (or at least [i]more[/i] than) their perceived sexuality.

I honestly don't care for one's sexual orientation; it has only come about once in my entire life and that was when my friend said he was bi and I said whatever we're gonna be late for the movies with our other friends. I honestly don't care, if you come onto me I'll explain that I'm flattered but am not homosexual and I most definitely wouldn't not hang-out with you if you were homosexual or bi so, to each their own

Homophobia is caused by the same things that cause fear of other religions, peoples, etc. and fear of the dark. It's simply the fear of the unknown. You are hard-wired from your upbringing to not like what you can't know. So unless you learn, you shouldn't judge.

Okay, I've yet to meet a truly homophobic person because my friends are extremely accepting and my sexuality isn't that "out there" yet, but from my friend's experiences, what I hear on the news, or what I get to see each and every day, I don't have the tolerance for homophobic people at all. Right from the start, I'll disregard their existence and just look past them. If things really get out of hand, then I'm always one to stand up for myself and how love is love, no matter the genders in it, but their ignorance is just too huge to the point where I don't have the patience for them.

They're the ones missing out on some really awesome people with their homophobic ways, while also looked down upon since society is moving forward.

[quote name='Cursed Reaction' timestamp='1307017134' post='5248596']
Why I bring this up is that people seem do delegate those who are not masculine or don't like football as a homosexual.
[/quote]

I dislike football. I prefer Baseball. Never got called "Gay" for that. The word "Gay" makes my intelligence drop. It's stupid. Like stereotypes.

Im not homophobic at all, and actually welcome them despite not being it myself. But there is always awkwardness when it comes to talking about same-sex intimate relations with another person for me. And I consider that awkward/uncomfortableness perfectly natural as I do not let it get beyond the "kay this is weird for me but I'll get over it" part. If it ever does, I will certainly make sure I snap back properly.

Not so much homophobia (as those with it cannot describe it properly and are genuinely AFRAID- like being afraid of a harmless bee. Sure it's stupid but it's fear the same). The rest are just people who let that awkwardness drive them nuts.

[quote name='Lyfe.' timestamp='1307063392' post='5249851']
It's a shame that the world judges homosexuals; I don't see anything wrong with it. There should not be whites and blacks, straights and gays, boys and girls. People are people and there are no subdivisions.
[/quote]

There is a primal fear you have to remember though. It doesn't make it wrong, however the actual persecution and hostility is wrong. I define it as [i]"The stick goes in the hole, and when it does babies happen"[/i]. That cannot happen between a same-sex couple without intervention. And no matter how we look at it, humans are still animals. And as animals we are designed to procreate to continue the species, no matter how advanced we may get.

So yet again, as the saying goes. "We're all gay, its just to what extent are you."
The same goes for homophobia. Black, White, Grey, White Grey, Grey Black. Its the just same, only varied by extent.

[quote name='Invalid Arguement' timestamp='1307059389' post='5249726']
I dislike football. I prefer Baseball. Never got called "Gay" for that. The word "Gay" makes my intelligence drop. It's stupid. Like stereotypes.
[/quote]
You must've been called gay a lot then.
that being said, I don't know that many IRL homophobes
aside from my aunt
which is really inconvenient considering I'm bisexual

Homophobics are just uneducated bigots, their negative opinions are never founded on solid reasoning - only hatred, and fear for that which is different.

I'm in a straight relationship but I judge people on whether I'm attracted to them or not, regardless of gender (I guess that makes me pansexual, I dislike labelling).

As you can imagine, I get quite tetchy when I hear of hate crime towards gay/transgendered people.

[quote name='Blood Rose' timestamp='1307092439' post='5250603']
There's been animal species such as flamingos that display homosexual behaviour, so its not just within humans.
[/quote]

Many do:

[url="http://www.copperwiki.org/index.php?title=Bisexual_species"]http://www.copperwiki.org/index.php?title=Bisexual_species[/url]

Archived