Akatsuki of YCM: The Last Stand

DL 

[quote name='Mugendramon' timestamp='1358383268' post='6123324']
I'll pretend I haven't said this a million times before; but while it is true that C&O is entirely pointless, it has its own Mods. It has its own rules. Post count hardly makes a difference, aside of preventing Thales from becoming ZE TO POSTER.

It's true that it's a third world section, but not because of the post count being disabled. :T
[/quote]

Except it kinda does matter. This is the only "major" section of the forum that has post count utterly disabled. I'm not saying that's fair, but it's kinda true. It makes it seem as though C/O is considered lower then, say, RC, which is just as much as a spamhole as this forum could be considered.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Champion Iris' timestamp='1358385678' post='6123345']
Except it kinda does matter. This is the only "major" section of the forum that has post count utterly disabled. I'm not saying that's fair, but it's kinda true. It makes it seem as though C/O is considered lower then, say, RC, which is just as much as a spamhole as this forum could be considered.
[/quote]

There's where our standpoints differ.

See, the thing is, that post count was disabled here and not in CC because, well; this place doesn't have the site's name on the door. You can't just remove the post count of the supposed redeeming feature of the site, as useless as the ACTUAL Card Maker is.

It's not that this section is meant the first to be put through the fire and flames, even though it was. The point is that CC is ABOVE the removal of post count, because it's sadly the most prominent part of the site.

And just to get it out of the way, comments about the removal of post count on C&O went somewhat like this:

" Every time I go there, I see a spamhole. Why do you think it has a mafia-like culture? Why do people we don't know well have post count in the tens of thousands? Clubs & Orgs. "

[quote name='Mugendramon' timestamp='1358387629' post='6123370']
There's where our standpoints differ.

See, the thing is, that post count was disabled here and not in CC because, well; this place doesn't have the site's name on the door. You can't just remove the post count of the supposed redeeming feature of the site, as useless as the ACTUAL Card Maker is.

It's not that this section is meant the first to be put through the fire and flames, even though it was. The point is that CC is ABOVE the removal of post count, because it's sadly the most prominent part of the site.

And just to get it out of the way, comments about the removal of post count on C&O went somewhat like this:

" Every time I go there, I see a spamhole. Why do you think it has a mafia-like culture? Why do people we don't know well have post count in the tens of thousands? Clubs & Orgs. "
[/quote]

We have differing standpoints, but I do agree that C/O should have post count back.

I just... RC is so stupid nowadays. Most people there don't know s*** and the majority of cards are terrible. CC shouldn't be above it unless it actually is WORTH being above it. Just... There's really no way to make it happen. :/

C/O honestly isn't as bad as RC is the majority of the time.

I recall having conversations that drifted from 007 to Lasagna. No, really. The point is, C/O is a place where people can converse and make friends. Of course conversations are gonna drift. And as for post count, why bother disabling it here? So that people who post in CC once every ten weeks can look at someone who hangs out in C/O every day making posts as see a lower post count and be like "ha, n00b."
That's what it sounds like. The mods playing favorites. *sniffs* I smell a chance to lead another war.

I smell someone being stupid.

See, I personally would rather post count be here, but that's not the mod team's decision. And guess what? You're a member. You have 0 power. If the mods don't desire to listen to you, they don't listen to you. A "war" does nothing.

[quote name='Admiral Remo' timestamp='1358370031' post='6123070']
Or Sasuke will use his sharingan on the nine-tails thereby forcing Naruto to fight on his own
[/quote]

That's what I thought for a while, but I think if that were possible at this point, Obito or Madara would have done that already.
[quote name='Chaos Sonic' timestamp='1358370431' post='6123090']
But seriously...if I see that Orochimaru is going to give something snake related to Sasuke I will freakin' lose it!
[/quote]

You don't seem to like snakes...
Ever see that movie Snakes on a Plane?

No...I'm not really fond of snakes...

But the main reason is I don't want Sasuke to go with snakes is he's past that part already. I mean, think about it.

-He killed Manda (Shield from Deidara)
-He goes from Team Hebi to Team Taka
-New summoning (Snake to Hawk)

No real reason for him to revert back to using Snakes...

No...I'm not really fond of snakes...

But the main reason is I don't want Sasuke to go with snakes is he's past that part already. I mean, think about it.

-He killed Manda (Shield from Deidara)
-He goes from Team Hebi to Team Taka
-New summoning (Snake to Hawk)

No real reason for him to revert back to using Snakes...

Good point.

HAWK SAGE MO*shot*

Wait a minute, Fuse... didn't we see in one of the first episodes where Sasuke used his Sharingan to show up in Naruto's little seal-room thingy and like... do something with the Nine-Tails Chakra? And at the same point, the fox mentioned Madara Uchiha?

Yes, I was referring to the present situation in the manga though.

Back then, the Kyuubi could be suppressed by the Sharingan. The way things are now though, I somehow think that's no longer the case...

So when did we get our own section in Other? And what happened to Introductions?? O.O

2 days ago?

Intro got moved to the top of the site and Clubs got made into its own forum because just having General under Other looked a little empty.

It's main problem was I didn't really know the concept of an RP and I tried to get everyone on the same page as well as planning out what would go down in the future.

Adding to that, I wasn't the Dungeon Master.

That universe was fun though. I'd write a story about it if all the characters weren'r rip-offs of other characters >>

So the story is there's a guy in high school.  he's a senior and he is ready to graduate.  He has his life planned out.  What school everything.  He has a girlfriend too.  He has a great life planned pretty much.  Problem is...  When he is a Junior WW3 starts.  And when is a senior he gets drafted for the war.  And it pretty much goes through his "adventure" through that and his life after.  What do you think?  Will it work?

Not to burst bubbles or anything, but it sounds incredibly overdone. Not WW3 in and of itself, but you basically started with GenericMainCharacter and added GenericLifePlanWreckingEvent, in this case the fairly common war.

It's incredibly formulaic, at least from how you made it sound, so it would only do well if you executed it perfectly.

It's true that execution is greater than originality, but this just sounds like rehashed ideas mashed together for a coming of age story set in a war.

I mean, Johnny Tremain's a story alogn these lines, albeit in the past and the GF thing are different. It's a fairly well known classic set in and before the Revolutionary War. It's just... nothing new at all so execution has to be amazing.

I want to hear it. This topic makes me sad for VERY VERY selfish reasons.

Why's that?

So the story is there's a guy in high school.  he's a senior and he is ready to graduate.  He has his life planned out.  What school everything.  He has a girlfriend too.  He has a great life planned pretty much.  Problem is...  When he is a Junior WW3 starts.  And when is a senior he gets drafted for the war.  And it pretty much goes through his "adventure" through that and his life after.  What do you think?  Will it work?

If you know how to execute everything, then you're good.

If all else fails, write it as a script, send it to Hollywood, make a few decent bucks.

I didn't know you wrote stuff.

WHAT ELSE AREN'T YOU TELLING ME AA'UNE

Archived