Akatsuki of YCM: The Last Stand

DL 

Do you guys still think Sasuke will be the final villain? Or do you think the eventual Sasuke vs Naruto is just a teaser that will be hastily thrown in at the very end to test their two strengths? 

Eh

I'm thinking no, but Kishi's got to be aware that a bunch of people want to see Naruto settle the score.

That last thing you said could happen though.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I've been reading One Piece lately. Around 505 or so.

Honestly, the series is just formulaic to me. It's probably better than Naruto, but it's not standing out to me as anything amazing.

The thing is, One PIece is a VERY well done series...

But it´s not like it does anything too new or innovative, haha

I still liked it a bunch though, even if I think the art is lacking.

Oh and Naruto HAS lost before, Remo

Like the time they all got attacked by Orochimaru in the forest

AND THE TIME SASUKE BEAT HIM xD

The art's a bit lacking, the story seems stale already (currently right after they Rescue Cammie), and it doesn't seem incredibly well written.

I'll admit that Oda knows how to pull on heartstrings, and he is GREAT with comedy, but as a whole... It's nothing ZOMG like I've heard.

The thing is, One PIece is a VERY well done series...

But it´s not like it does anything too new or innovative, haha

I still liked it a bunch though, even if I think the art is lacking.

Oh and Naruto HAS lost before, Remo

Like the time they all got attacked by Orochimaru in the forest

AND THE TIME SASUKE BEAT HIM xD

Sasuke is really the only one that even counts as a "loss"

And are you referring to Naruto's fight with Orochimaru in Shippuden?

Cause that was totally a draw bro 

My memory of what actually happened is shady at best

But needless to say, at least the Strawhat crew lost together and won together

Team 7 minus Sasuke seems like an awkward walking Plot Team of Doom

Sure, Naruto would've lost, but guess what?

He didn't because Kakashi had a surprise haxor god ability that, up until recently, was completely unknown to us

Fact of the matter is, Naruto doesn't come close to building the same kind of tension One Piece tends to

Because if it was just about losing, Bleach would be up there as well.

But it gets kinda stale when you can telegraph exactly what is going to happen next, hence breaking all tension Bleach attempted to build.

Bottom line is, Naruto is good at having the good guys win, Bleach tends to spend more time having the good guys lose and then magically win, and One Piece is able to use both abilities of having the good guys lose but manage to pull through at the very last second.

Frig, Alabasta alone probably can trump most Shonen series. Dat last second failure and complete dependence on Luffy was perfectly timed.

... you mean that thing where Luffy turned himself into a giant living squirt gun? That was probably one of the things that made me stop watching it.

I mean, it was a clever idea and all, but... did he have to dance round like an idiot saying "bubble belly"? 

We all knew that Ichigo was going to be revived somehow after Ulquiorra killed him in the middle of the Los Noches arc, and it was probably going to involve Orihime.

When he died again fighting Ulquiorra, we all knew something was gonna happen. Because let's face it, Bleach wouldn't be Bleach without the redhead.

When chick-whose-name-I-don't-remember mentioned Crocodile, I knew Luffy was gonna beat him. Didn't expect him to do that water thing, but I knew Croc was goin down. Cause the thing about Shonen... although the bad guys have a little more personality than the Villains of Disney movies, they still lose in the end. Like, always. And usually to the main character.

... you mean that thing where Luffy turned himself into a giant living squirt gun? That was probably one of the things that made me stop watching it.

I mean, it was a clever idea and all, but... did he have to dance round like an idiot saying "bubble belly"? 

We all knew that Ichigo was going to be revived somehow after Ulquiorra killed him in the middle of the Los Noches arc, and it was probably going to involve Orihime.

When he died again fighting Ulquiorra, we all knew something was gonna happen. Because let's face it, Bleach wouldn't be Bleach without the redhead.

When chick-whose-name-I-don't-remember mentioned Crocodile, I knew Luffy was gonna beat him. Didn't expect him to do that water thing, but I knew Croc was goin down. Cause the thing about Shonen... although the bad guys have a little more personality than the Villains of Disney movies, they still lose in the end. Like, always. And usually to the main character.

The antagonist doesnt ALWAYS lose

For example, Near won :3

Forest as in, Forest of Death :3

Naruto also couldn't beat Deidara :3

And woulda totally got his ass kicked if not for Kakashi ;DD

Well

That really wasn't a fight.

All that happened was Deidara flying away from them with no clay and one arm, which resulted in Kakashi bringing him down to earth with Mangekyo, and Naruto didn't get time to inflict proper damage before Kakashi sealed his 9-tailed chakra.

There wasn't any real comparison in skill in that situation.

If we did think about it, Naruto probably wouldn't be able to take Deidara at the start of Shippuden since long distance isn't his thing, but now that's no longer a problem so he's pretty much set.

Death Note is the weirdest case of protagonist vs antagonist.

For you see, our protagonist seems to be the murderous god of death-in-training.

He's the bad guy. Antagonist =/= bad guy, which is actually the thing here.

I know, I was trying to trick him, haha

And yeah, antagonist doesnt necessarily mean bad guy.

Though it's usually the case.

Well

That really wasn't a fight.

All that happened was Deidara flying away from them with no clay and one arm, which resulted in Kakashi bringing him down to earth with Mangekyo, and Naruto didn't get time to inflict proper damage before Kakashi sealed his 9-tailed chakra.

There wasn't any real comparison in skill in that situation.

If we did think about it, Naruto probably wouldn't be able to take Deidara at the start of Shippuden since long distance isn't his thing, but now that's no longer a problem so he's pretty much set.

Well that's cuz Naruto's pretty much a god now o3o

Hahah

Readin up on Naruto, since Ive got free time waitin for my gf :3

It's kind of ridiculous how Naruto is this powerful but Killer Bee isn't, but I'm still enjoying every bit of the final fight regardless.

[spoiler=Another thing I'm liking]

is that the Kages were revived. I was a bit iffy at first and the mask deal felt a bit asspully, but I'm loving the interactions and character development, especially for Hashirama. I feel like I'm really gonna like the guy by the time this flashback's over.[/spoiler]

I've had Hayate stalled for about 2 years now...I should probably get back to it soon.

I'm probably the only guy who didn't fancy Azumanga, but Ouran was great. Wish they animated the end of the manga though.

When it comes to manga, I like bits of comedy sprinkled throughout a Shonen story, that's usually where it shines best for me. Sket Dance is able to do it in a full chapter though.

Yes you do.

And yyyeah I think that was funny, but that was a while ago, can't remember anymore :/

Good romance though. Naru's one of the few tsunderes that actually becomes tolerable after a while.

Wish Sakura was less of one; it never occurred to me how bad she had it until Rock Lee SD made me realize it.

Among other things...

Huh...I remember that now.

Nowadays, I consider my guilty pleasure [s]Bleach[/s] Code: Breaker.

I should probably reread Love Hina at some point to refresh myself, or maybe watch its anime if it's good.

You know, the female characters in Naruto would actually probably be entertaining to see in a harem series.

I DO recommend the anime of Love Hina. It cuts off quite a bit, but I fell in love with the series through the anime first xD

You should do it ;3

Just saying tho

The Kanako arc and beyond, is called Love Hina Again for some reason.....it was like an OVA....

So the final arc was split apart from the main series xD

Archived