Secret Society of Drill Hair Fetishes

Summer Wars is one of the best anime movies I've seen.

If any of you guys haven't seen The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, I recommend you do. Same guy who did SW and it's great.

Genshiken's that anime about the anime club or something, right? I'd actually be interested in watching that if it's good, but I haven't been watching much anime lately :T

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name="Super Duper Fusion" post="6263566" timestamp="1377545332"] Summer Wars is one of the best anime movies I've seen. If any of you guys haven't seen The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, I recommend you do. Same guy who did SW and it's great. Genshiken's that anime about the anime club or something, right? I'd actually be interested in watching that if it's good, but I haven't been watching much anime lately :T[/quote]I'd be interested in that if I run out of movies to watch and feel like something anime, maybe, but since I'm probably not going to watch Summer Wars again after all (since I don't actually feel like watching the same movie online again, and can't get it in another way just yet. Or to be more precise, I actually just can't care enough to buy/download it right now), I don't think the chance of me watching the other one is that great either. Yeah, that's it. I happen to love it, and Genshiken Nidaime manages to be my second fav this season, I think it's lesser known but when I do hear it being talked about, it's usually that it is good. Some nice rain went and sucked all of my motivation to watch anime today, even though lately I've been watching a lot to catch up with sequels I didn't bother watching right away... I didn't actually have the time to watch much today anyway.

Eh. I can't even bother to play the video since I don't really even video reviews. My attention is just better suited to just words for that kind of thing. But I guess I still trust it because you honestly only need to know the above post.

Am I never gonna get on the Members List? Anyway, My favorite anime have changed a bit: 

1. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

2. Steins;Gate

3. Yu Yu Hakusho

4. Sword Art Online

5. Clannad: After Story

I believe a lot of people about a year ago thought I had bad taste. Do I have bad taste now? I don't believe so... Also, I'm watching Future Diary, I've watched 14 episodes so far. Does it get any better?

EDIT: I haven't watched FMA: Brotherhood yet, that's next after Future Diary.

After the last few times, you weren't really on the front of Desu's mind when he revamped the front page. Or at least I imagine you weren't. So either he forgot, or, more likely, he's not adding you because he probably doesn't care about you.

Even now, you're still watching more of the fairly popular shows, but I don't think it's too bad to be liking those, because whatever reason it is, they are popular for a reason, and I really like a lot of those on you're list. Future Dairy is, I'd like to say it does get better, because it really does it's job of being a thriller, but in the long run I personally couldn't care for it.

After the last few times, you weren't really on the front of Desu's mind when he revamped the front page. Or at least I imagine you weren't. So either he forgot, or, more likely, he's not adding you because he probably doesn't care about you.

Even now, you're still watching more of the fairly popular shows, but I don't think it's too bad to be liking those, because whatever reason it is, they are popular for a reason, and I really like a lot of those on you're list. Future Dairy is, I'd like to say it does get better, because it really does it's job of being a thriller, but in the long run I personally couldn't care for it.

You're right. I am still watching fairly popular anime, but quality-wise, I think I've changed a bit. About two or three years ago, I had only seen mainstream battle anime. Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, and Dragon Ball Z I believe were the only ones I had watched in between when I was seven and 11 or 12 years old. Anyway, like nobody at my school knows what Yu Yu Hakusho, Steins;Gate, and Code Geass are, even though the ones I asked are anime fans... It's unbelievable, at least in my opinion.

You're right. I am still watching fairly popular anime, but quality-wise, I think I've changed a bit. About two or three years ago, I had only seen mainstream battle anime. Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, and Dragon Ball Z I believe were the only ones I had watched in between when I was seven and 11 or 12 years old. Anyway, like nobody at my school knows what Yu Yu Hakusho, Steins;Gate, and Code Geass are, even though the ones I asked are anime fans... It's unbelievable, at least in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree on the quality bit. But SAO though, I know it's got tons more flaws than the rest of them, but I can't help but also enjoy it. I can understand Yu Yu Hakusho, due to it's age, Steins;Gate, due to not being quite as popular and not really action, but anime fans that never heard of Code Geass? I personally can't believe that, either.

The name of the club.
It thrills me. ;D

And Future Diary is my personal most favorite anime (Yunnnnnnnno~ <3 ) So it's pretty god to me. The same with Steins;Gate, one of the best anime I've ever watched.

But Code Geass, I have never fond with. I lost interest in the first five episodes.

I believe a lot of people about a year ago thought I had bad taste. Do I have bad taste now? I don't believe so... Also, I'm watching Future Diary, I've watched 14 episodes so far. Does it get any better?

Taste is subjective and anyone who tells you you have bad taste simply shares a different perspective than you.

Of course that doesn't mean your favorites are inherently good or bad, your taste only expresses what you enjoyed and how much you enjoyed it.

Like objectively, you could say SAO is a mediocre anime, sure. But just because you enjoy it a lot more than other people did doesn't compromise your taste into being "bad". The only real exception I can think of here would be reviewers, but they have to get very technical with their job and set aside their own biases. We're free of that burden.

So no, I don't think your taste is bad. It's definitely mainstream, as those titles are very widely known and popular, but that is nowhere near a bad thing.

Plus, we share 3 of our top 5.

1. Gurren Lagann

2. Code Geass

3. Steins;Gate

4. Angel Beats/Clannad

5. Durarara

Future Diary's awesome too, but I got spoiled about something relating to the series' climax, which dampened things for me :T

Stupid "predictors". 

The name of the club.
It thrills me. ;D

And Future Diary is my personal most favorite anime (Yunnnnnnnno~ <3 ) So it's pretty god to me. The same with Steins;Gate, one of the best anime I've ever watched.
But Code Geass, I have never fond with. I lost interest in the first five episodes.

I'm not really fond of mecha in general, but Code Geass gets so much more interesting after just 5 episodes. :/
Not really sure where the really good stuff comes in though. Can't seem to remember exactly what happened at exactly what episode. but Kallen has a nice body.
But if you're the same as me, not really being one for mecha (never really seen you mention one you liked, or I just forgot), it's totally understandable. Or it's just some other reason, idk.

After posting this I just realized I died when I read your title.

The name of the club.
It thrills me. ;D

Your approval means everything to BLEGH! *Dies.*

And Future Diary is my personal most favorite anime (Yunnnnnnnno~ <3 ) So it's pretty god to me.

Nice pun. *Wink wink. Nudge nudge.* But yeah, it was pretty enjoyable.

The same with Steins;Gate, one of the best anime I've ever watched.

So damn good.

I've probably seen five random episodes. That's an exaggeration but I should maybe sit down and actually watch all of BLEGH! *Dies again.*

Taste is subjective and anyone who tells you you have bad taste simply shares a different perspective than you.

Of course that doesn't mean your favorites are inherently good or bad, your taste only expresses what you enjoyed and how much you enjoyed it.

Like objectively, you could say SAO is a mediocre anime, sure. But just because you enjoy it a lot more than other people did doesn't compromise your taste into being "bad". The only real exception I can think of here would be reviewers, but they have to get very technical with their job and set aside their own biases. We're free of that burden.

It's not too bad for reviewers to mention a personal opinion if they're at least able to explain it.

So no, I don't think your taste is bad. It's definitely mainstream, as those titles are very widely known and popular, but that is nowhere near a bad thing.

Plus, we share 3 of our top 5.

1. Gurren Lagann

2. Code Geass

3. Steins;Gate

4. Angel Beats/Clannad

5. Durarara

Future Diary's awesome too, but I got spoiled about something relating to the series' climax, which dampened things for me :T

Stupid "predictors". 

I marathoned through it so I didn't have to other with that kind of thing.

It's not too bad for reviewers to mention a personal opinion if they're at least able to explain it.

That I can concede, yeah. Gigguk's pretty good with that actually.

And that's what I've decided to do too. I'm just not gonna look at comments online or anything (except for here, since people respectfully avoid spoilers) from now on so I can avoid potential spoilers. I've also been very careful with AoT, I will not be spoiled until the anime ends.

I'll have to join you. I watched the first episode right after I finished the 2003 anime, though I'm debating whether or not to finish Black Butler beforehand. The decision's been made. Brotherhood it is.

In that regard, I thought I'd post here again because I just finished Future Diary. It's a miracle that I'm typing right now, because my brain actually feels like pudding right now.

I'll also update my app, because the one in the OP is just... sad.

Username: Lolithar
Favorite Anime: Death Note
Favorite Anime Character: Gasai Yuno
Anything you'd like mention?: I like yandere... a lot.

Also, updated top five:

1. Death Note

2. Future Diary

3. Angel Beats

4. The World God Only Knows

5. Little Busters!

Ooo, I seen that. It was cool.

I don't know why I'm mentioning this here but earlier I saw this Transformers cartoon that in this epic fight they would keep looking away when they thought they've won, and it was apparently a fight to the death. So I don't know why one of them didn't think to just keep smashing the Decepticon. That's right, it was 2 on 1 and they could have won multiple times but they lost that fight instead (even though they didn't die).

[spoiler=I think that Akise guy]kind of did something pointless like that, too. I mean, I can't remember if he conjured up that sword or just made it come to him but if he really wanted to keep her out, he would've done it again.

This leads me to believe he didn't and he thinks it's good if Yukki gets a Yandere girlfriend (ew).[/spoiler]

As for TWGOK, I really recommend if you do try it out, read the manga (but maybe if you don't read fast a better way of doing it could be to watch the anime first, to save time, then it would draw you in...).

Sure, the manga's longer, but in a good way. And sure, the anime's good but it's missing a lot of parts and this is something you would rather see more of, than be okay with a little, trust me.

(I've said something like that about TWGOK not too long ago, actually, but just in case)

Did you see Future Diary: Redial? It's where they animate the true ending, the one they had in the manga.

Is that an OVA? I'll have to check it out.

Sure, the manga's longer, but in a good way. And sure, the anime's good but it's missing a lot of parts and this is something you would rather see more of, than be okay with a little, trust me.

I'm not too concerned about it. As some people have said: The anime covered those missing parts pretty well, and the characters were easy to warm up to.

Is that an OVA? I'll have to check it out.

I'm not too concerned about it. As some people have said: The anime covered those missing parts pretty well, and the characters were easy to warm up to.

Ehhh...I'd rather have had seen those parts. I think it took away a good chunk of my enjoyment of the season because of how often they reference them and I don't actually know much about the characters that appeared.

The anime covered those missing parts pretty well

For Tsukiyo, yes. But I think it's a lot more enjoyable having seen Sumire and Yui's arcs, among others.

Ehhh...I'd rather have had seen those parts. I think it took away a good chunk of my enjoyment of the season because of how often they reference them and I don't actually know much about the characters that appeared.

This is exactly how I feel. It's why I started reading it.

EDIT: Also, the middle-left to bottom left of this page! =O

http://mangafox.me/manga/the_world_god_only_knows/v14/c136.5/9.html

Aww D:

(well, she is but this was before the 3rd season)

Archived