Secret Society of Drill Hair Fetishes

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tokyo Majin looks interesting, I'd be down for that.
If I had to make a choice, I'd say Sengoku Basara or Spice and Wolf, if you guys hadn't seen those.

Riki, your sig is mesmerizing; I only realized after 30 seconds I was just staring at it.

I know I haven't seen either and now that they've been brought up for this, I must say they've both always looked kind of interesting.

I knew when I saw it I had to see if what I was using before had an avi version. Man I've just been having a field day with that episode. Besides Railgun, probably my favorite of the season yet.

Sadly I haven't played VNs that were adapted into anime (and like I've said, I haven't finished one VN). I'd like to, since chances are that they're better (except Clannad's art), but I seem to be far more an animation person.

If I had to make a choice, I'd say Sengoku Basara or Spice and Wolf, if you guys hadn't seen those.

Riki, your sig is mesmerizing; I only realized after 30 seconds I was just staring at it.

I'd like to watch either of those as well, so I'll pick whichever you don't.  ;)

Now I know we've all watched a good amount of anime, but has anyone played any VN's based on those anime?

Shuffle!, Fate/stay night, Clannad, anyone?

I haven't played any VNs and I would sure like to but I can't really figure it out (how) right now (I'm sure I would if I gave myself more time, though) and I don't think it's a good idea to do so anytime soon because this is a shared computer.

I haven't played any VNs and I would sure like to but I can't really figure it out (how) right now (I'm sure I would if I gave myself more time, though) and I don't think it's a good idea to do so anytime soon because this is a shared computer.

Even if you played VN's on your own computer (I play mine on a laptop) trust me, people are gonna still be nosy about what the hell you're playing.

Friend: Sup dood, hey is that Shuffle?

Me:Well...sort of...it's the visual novel..

Friend: Why not just watch the anime?

Me: The VN offers different routes to take than the anime in particular I like how you can enc up choosing whichever girl you want,,,

Yeah it just gets awkward like that

Oh, I figured that, but my main problem would be the others would like to keep the space, so if there's something on the computer we don't need, it'll just end up being deleted. I'm going to start saving soon, though for a new 3DS first (the on one I have the Circle Pad/analog control gets stuck, so I tend to play games that don't need it without it and that's what I plan to do with my new one even before it gets stuck) and then I might be able to play one.

EDIT: Gee, I really would like to play one sometime, but not nearly as much as Kingdom Hearts III, so instead I'll save for the PS4 starting after I get The Last of Us on Friday. (yay, I have enough to get a new 3DS at any time but will probably wait for Pokemon X/Y)

• 3 weeks later...

... What's GTO?
:I

Rewatched SAO because It's AMAZING. <3 Just sayin'.
And I'm planning on watching Yuru Yuri, head it's really good.

Great Teacher Onizuka.

I'm planning on watching SAO's dub. I agree, amazing.

I'm tempted to say Yuru Yuri's better, but they're both totally different genres. I found them both amazing but too different in feel to say for sure.

Oh who am I kidding, watch Yuru Yuri!

• 2 weeks later...

Daily Lives of High School Boys

I think since it's Summer and these were the only anime anyone's mentioned for us to watch, maybe we should randomize them soon, to see which one will be first (or maybe only the first one if I/others only have time for one). That is, if anyone still wants to do this.

My plan? Randomizing happens a day or 2 before July. That way, it's not too early, but people can start as soon as July begins. Not really sure if I can start July 1st... but I no longer feel like watching a buttload of airing stuff, so I'll be okay for after that.

Really? =o

I feel like watching a buttload of airing stuff... but probably won't. My plan is to focus more on my sequels and short anime, and anime we watch for this club this Summer. And if I can I'll try to watch anything else I'm interested in after all of this, or maybe some of it at the same time but if I do, very little.

So, you think the randomizing should be this weekend, is basically what you're saying.

I randomized it... wanted to see if anyone would say anything, but it's pretty late, so I'll go ahead and post it:

First time was in the same order I put it in so dun really wanna count that. (Daily Lives, Tokyo Majin, Sengoku Basara, then Spice & Wolf)

Second:

Daily Lives of High School Boys
Spice and Wolf
Sengoku Basara
Tokyo Majin

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like when we actually got around to the starting time, Desu won't even PM and Fusion won't even say anything, and they both seemed interested in doing this. Fusion even seemed interested in Daily Lives.

So what's going on? I'll be finished with Daily Lives of High School Boys by the end of the week at most, and as for other anime, Zettai Karen Children is capturing me right off the bat. Seems similar to the Hayate the Combat Butler anime. First season, I mean. I wonder why... Oh yeah, the studio.

I already watched the spin-off and it's actually really quite good as a stand alone.

And this season's anime... the only ones I feel okay with following so I don't overload myself is Kingdom 2 (really enjoyed the first season, and it would be a pain to wait until it finishes with it's length), and Recorder to Randoseru Mi (Because short).

Maybe it's because this club is probably some sort of dead. D:

Is it that August is when most people have more time, is that why we were relatively able to to it last year?

• 2 weeks later...

It's sad that I'm only watching two animes currently because of life is harsh on me. ;-;

Life being harsh sucks...

Actually, I really want to make sure that I finish that gift anime, but the Madoka recap movies are here... I'll get to them after I finish, I guess. I mean, it's only 11 episodes.

I don't generally like to watch something with that many episodes, especially if I don't have very much time. But it's still worth it a lot of the times, I guess.

... I might actually think the dub of Kill Me Baby is not that bad. I mean, It's very possible the voices actually fit the characters, at least. I'm just kind of wondering how it even got one in the first place. 

I don't generally like to watch something with that many episodes, especially if I don't have very much time. But it's still worth it a lot of the times, I guess.

... I might actually think the dub of Kill Me Baby is not that bad. I mean, It's very possible the voices actually fit the characters, at least. I'm just kind of wondering how it even got one in the first place. 

I like anime with more episodes than usual.

I hope SnK will cover the whole manga.

And they have dubs for that already? Wow. ._.

I like anime with more episodes than usual.

I hope SnK will cover the whole manga.

And they have dubs for that already? Wow. ._.

Yeah I really don't wanna have to even slightly feel like reading that thing's manga. I mean I've heard the anime is just handled better.

They have dubs for later things too. Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and at least some of Accel World is already out. I know they weren't much later out than Kill Me Baby, but I've also heard at least SAO and K would be getting dubs. Actually I know they will be.

Yeah I really don't wanna have to even slightly feel like reading that thing's manga. I mean I've heard the anime is just handled better.

They have dubs for later things too. Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and at least some of Accel World is already out. I know they weren't much later out than Kill Me Baby, but I've also heard at least SAO and K would be getting dubs. Actually I know they will be.

Why not, too scared? ;D
And it does handle it better.

I hope the dubs doesn't ruin them, I like those animes. D:

Why not, too scared? ;D
And it does handle it better.

I hope the dubs doesn't ruin them, I like those animes. D:

Nah, just that exact reason that the anime is being better or something. I mean. it's still ongoing anyway, so at least get a good chuck adapted and a season 2 is practically guaranteed by now anyway,

The dubs will probably be not that bad. I've been noticing that most of them will probably have at least one character who's voice doesn't fit them (although there are basically only 4 characters in Kill Me Baby, but I haven't gotten to the unused character yet so I don't know about that), and at least one name will likely get mispronounced, but besides that... looking pretty good. I do remember trailers of SAO's dub and I think it'll be okay, but just like you, I prefer subs now anyway. I'm probably interested in checking out Accel World and SAO's dubs at least though.

Nah, just that exact reason that the anime is being better or something. I mean. it's still ongoing anyway, so at least get a good chuck adapted and a season 2 is practically guaranteed by now anyway,

The dubs will probably be not that bad. I've been noticing that most of them will probably have at least one character who's voice doesn't fit them (although there are basically only 4 characters in Kill Me Baby, but I haven't gotten to the unused character yet so I don't know about that), and at least one name will likely get mispronounced, but besides that... looking pretty good. I do remember trailers of SAO's dub and I think it'll be okay, but just like you, I prefer subs now anyway. I'm probably interested in checking out Accel World and SAO's dubs at least though.

Sometimes manga is better than anime, for weird reasons. o:

Well that's true, there is always that one character that goes out of vibe with the anime. :I

Archived