Heaven S Soul Sagas Legacy [IC/Started/ALWAYS Accepting]

Kyng's Old Account

Zenith couldn't resist laughing at the pair, like two bickering little kids. [b][color=#008000]"Okay now, settle down. Theo, we can't be too far, so don't get your knickers in a twist."[/color][/b] Then he continued to converse with Cally. [b][color=#008000]"Hmm, interesting number of traits. I'm quite fond of your determination, we could use that fighting spirit on our team...and not complaints." [/color][/b]He said, looking at Theovak. [b][color=#008000]"Anyways, you could say I'm a bit of an overegocentrical Dragon, bursting with potential but finding it hard to deal with. Oh, and I'm pretty much one of the few who's focussed on the task of getting the spheres to their resting place."[/color][/b]

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color=#800080]"Hey, you gonna be alright, Lineus?"[/color] She said as she looked back at Lineus. She then looked up in thought. [color=#800080]"Hmmm... At this rate.. I'd imagine a good 2-3 hours before we got close to the middle.."[/color] She then looked back at Lineus, [color=#800080]"Should I drop down for a few? You're looking a light shade of green there..."[/color] She shifted through her bag, looking for a small bag that contained a mixture of herbs. It had the same mixture she made for Cael when he complained of motion sickness. She rolled the small bag around in her hand, heating it up and handing it to Lineus. [color=#800080]"Smell it once and a while.. It should settle your stomach.."[/color] She looked up to the sky and thought aloud, [color=#800080]"I wonder how Cael and Aki are doing...."[/color]

"Ye be glad we're on the same side Dragon!" Theovak yelled out. This caused Cally to...well...giggle once more. After she finished giggling, she replied to what Zenith had said. "Glad to hear it. I assure you, when in a fight, I will not give up. Ever." She stopped talking for a second to look around them. Then, she turned her attention back to Zenith. "Also, I too am on a quest pertaining to this legendary spheres. That is why I am here with you and your group. I was asked to help you, so I am here to help in anyway I can." She gave a great big smile, then said, "Maybe we should go a bit higher." as he nudged Theovak. "Curse ye girl!" he yelled out.

[b][color=#008000]"Fair enough." [/color][/b]Zenith said to Theovak as he looked ahead. Then when Cally brought up the fact she had been asked to help them, well, it puzzled Zenith. How would ask someone to help them? How do they know of their whereabouts? But Zenith asked one question alone, rather than the numerous questions filling his head.[color=#008000][b] "S-sorry, you startled me a bit there. You said you were "asked to help"? But, but who do we know who could have asked? Basically saying, who asked you tohelp us Cally? Or is it someclassified information I need nothing to know of?"[/b][/color]

[color=#4b0082]"Um, thanks. I'll be fine, so we should just keep going,"[/color] Lineus said, sniffing the herbs and letting it calm her. [color=#4b0082]"So how'd you meet Zenith?"[/color] Lineus asked, hoping to pass the time with conversation. Hopefully they'd get there soon. She was itching to drop off some of these books she had gotten on the outside. Maybe some of the elders could figure out some of this more complex elemental magic.

As they got closer to the Barrens Lineus sighed, feeling happy to be closer to home as the heat started to barrage her from the hot desert sun. [i][color=#4b0082]I hope some of the scientists can control themselves and refrain from trying to study these people, [/color][/i]She thought to herself, relaxing slightly. As they continued to travel they got deeper into the Barrens and soon there looked to be sand colored clouds in the distance.

Cally ran a hand through her hair. "Well, that's the thing. I was approached by someone I did not know who was cloaked. The person mentioned you and your group, along with your quest. The person also knew of my quest and asked me to aid you. And, since I really had no idea where to find any of the spheres, I took a gamble and followed his instructions to the arena. Once I got there, I found you and your group liked up, just like the mysterious person said I would. So whoever he is, he has a way of knowing your movements. But since he sent me to help you, he must be an ally, right?"

Zenith was slighty put on edge when this mysterious man spoke that he knew of their quest. If he knew, who else did? [b][color=#008000]"Maybe an ally..." [/color][/b]Zenith said to Cally.[b][color=#008000] "Or possibly our worst enemy. Although I doubt that. We've got too much on our plates right now to deal with a cloaked figure who can tell where we are at all times. I'm going to have to retrace the legend when we get to Oasis, but all I know now is we have the Underworld King, an evil Dragon and possibly a mastermind on our tail. And I don't like having my tail chased."[/color][/b]

"I understand your fears. Truly, I do. And I will do everything I can do help you and your friends." Cally sat still for awhile and silently scolded herself. This Zenith was capable of becoming suspicious of people far to easily for her liking. She would have to tread more carefully. For now, she would start out by allowing Zenith to think that she didn't know everything. "Zenith, could you tell me a few things? First, who is the Underworld King, the evil Dragon, and the mastermind? Or is the mastermind referring to the mysterious person? And could you briefly explain the legend to me? I only know so little."

Zenith's voice changed to a grave tone as he said[b][color=#008000] "Very well. I shall tell you all that I know."[/color][/b]

[color=#008000][b]"We all know the legend of Life's beginning. Darkness and Light created the Almighty who then constructed the universe. Well, he created Seven Spheres, each resembling a different trait, who's original function was unknown, however, they could merge to form a singe, all powerful Sphere. A Golden Sphere. This sphere ranted the bearer omnipotency. So, the Almighty trusted the beings of Earth either to never recreated the Golden Sphere or to bring the Spheres back to him."[/b][/color]

[b][color=#008000]"The Underworld King was all the evil of the Almighty becoming a single entity. It was he who created the Underworld and it's worldy access, the Rift. Legend has it that many demons fled his grasp to help the mortals, but one thing that is true is he was sealed within a sceptre. A sceptre that was stolen by a jester, who soon became a puppet to the Dark Lord."[/color][/b]

[b][color=#008000]"The mysterious man is the man you just referenced, and the Dragon...I-I don't want to talk about it yet." [/color][/b]Zenith still felt ashamed for losing to the might of Rage's rutal assault on him.

"I...I see." Cally replied. She soon went quiet. Theovak grunted.

(FROSTMORN)

Brian continued down the path as he reached a bend in the road. Both sides of the road were surrounded by massive trees and piles of snow. One travelling on this path would not been seen unless directly looked at. But since the path was rarely straight, most people were not seen until you were right on top of them. Brian walked around the bend and came into view of a mansion surrounded by a brick wall with an iron gate. His pace did not slow or quicken as he made his way towards the mansion. There really was no reason for him to rush things. It would take away the fear factor if he did.

Jikka gave Laila and Zenith a good amount of time for a head-start, and waited for about a minute once they were out of his sight before the cloud burst forth and quickly caught up, and then went straight on ahead, [color=#FF0000]"Whoops, hold on Neol!" [/color]Jikka called back, and the Golden Aercloud flew straight up into the air, and went upside down, flying all the way back to where Laila was, and put itself upright agian, then slowed down, [color=#FF0000]"There we go, I forgot how fast the Aercloud was!" [/color]he exclaimed when it pulled up, [color=#FF0000]"I'm going to have to get used to riding one!"[/color]

[color=#800080]"How'd I meet Zenith? Well.. I was on my way to Europa, Europa and settled down in a field for the night. Well, I woke up to a dragon and werewolf fighting only a few feet away! I had just barely finished fighting a regular wolf before I went to bed so there was no way I could have beaten a werewolf, let alone a dragon. Anyways, as they fought, I hid in an apple tree in blossom, hoping to mask my scent. The battle soon ended and the dragon turned into Zenith. I tried to be nice and all to him because he saved me but he was rather.. Rude? Stuck up? It's kinda hard to describe.. Anyways, I offered him a ride to Europa as thanks and we've been traveling since..."[/color] She looked to Zenith and smiled at her prince in shining armor. [color=#800080]"So what are you doing out and about from home,"[/color] she asked Lineus before she turned her attention to Jikka. [color=#800080]"There you are Jikka.. I thought you got lost for a moment there. I hope you're handling your flight with Jikka well, Neol."[/color] She laughed.

A while of flight and Zenith spotted a huge spiralling sandstorm about a couple of miles away.[color=#008000] "Okay, we're close! Everyone begin descent!" [/color]He commanded as he began to swoop down to the ground and gently land, softly touching the floor. Then he allowed Cally and Theovak off of his back so he could re-transform/de-transform and return to his human proportion. And then his body began to shine brightly as he shrank down to his normal size. Then he stopped glowing and check all over himself. [color=#008000]"Okay, everything is still in place? Yeah, that's good news, I'm fine." [/color]He hopped his bright shine served as a valid beacon as he equiped himself in his Dragon Scale armour and he even put on his helm, closing it so no sand would nor could get inside it. Then he looked through his bag and found his and Laila's blindfold. Sniggering a little, he kept looking through and managed to find an apple.[color=#008000] "I'm quite hungry, plus the desert is quite dry. Do I have enough..? Yes I do. Okay then." [/color]He took a bit out of the juicy fruit and his mouth was drenched by the water inside it. [color=#008000]"Much better..."[/color]

Lineus sat down at the edge of the clear air before the sandstorm, muttering to herself. [color=#4b0082][i]I forgot how big these sandstorms were. I hope the waystations inside are still active, or at least are still standing. [/i][/color]After sitting for a bit she stood up and faced the rest of the group before saying, [color=#4b0082]"Don't forget to cover your eyes and your mouth. Also, keep your footing. If you fall in the sandstorms you will be covered in a matter of seconds."[/color] Lineus then covered her eyes with a slightly see-through cloth and her mouth with a thicker one before facing the sandstorms. [color=#4b0082]"Everybody ready? Let's go!"[/color] Lineus then walked past the threshold of clear air into the sandstorm, almost vanishing from sight.

Neol almost fell off once Jikka floored it [color=#800080][b]"Jikka!!![/b][/color]" He barked as he held on tighter, [color=#800080][b]"ARE YOU F***ING CRAZY!?"[/b][/color] He yelled his eyes practically completely white. However he calmed down as it was a fairly smooth ride afterwards, that is until they got into a sandstorm, [color=#800080][b]"Vindicti!" [/b][/color]Neol yelled as a shiled came around Jikka and Neol, [color=#800080][b]"I said I'm not getting sand in my armor so I won't get sand in my armor."[/b][/color] Neol said practically pouting. Once they got into the sandstorm, Neol and Jikka began to loose sight of the others, however Neol kept track of them using his Fate Line ability and saw the fate lines through the raging sand.

(OOC: Warning! Massive post)

Cally and Theovak quickly covered themselves up and prepared to enter the sandstorm. Once they were ready, they waited for everyone else.

(FROSTMORN)

Brian casually walked up to the iron gate blocking his path. As soon as he reached it, the guard on the other side spoke up. "Who the 'ell are you? And what's your business 'ere?" he demanded. Brian looked straight into the man's eyes and said, "To speak to the owner of this estate and to kill any who dare stand in my way." The guard laughed at such a claim and drew his sword. "Not if I 'ave anything to say about that! That is if you can even get past this gate!" Brian smirked as he clasped his hand around the lock on the gate. A second later, he crushed the metal lock and swung the gate wide open. The guards eyes went wide just before he swung his sword at Brian. "Die intruder!" Brian simply sidestepped the attack and slammed his right fist into the man's chest. The result letf the guard on the ground with a shattered chest and heart. He stood no chance.

Two of the three other guards in the courtyard drew their swords as Brian easily killed their comrade. "You...you...you will pay for that!" One of them shouted as they both charged at him. Thinking to kill him with a double strike, both guards lashed with thewir blades, aiming for his neck. To their astonishment, he caught both blades with his bare hands. A small trail of blood began trickling down his hands, but no sign of pain ever crossed his face. "It's rather pointless for you to try to kill me. A waste of time really." The two guards continued to stare in shock as Brian snapped their blades in half. He then twirled the pieces in his hands around and embedded the broken pieces into their necks, killing them instantly.

The remaining guard saw all he needed to see. Without a second though, he turned and ran. Brian sighed as he witnessed this. He reached down and pulled a broken piece from one of the guards neck. Then, without hesitation, he turned and threw the piece at the fleeing guard. The projectile found it's mark...in the back of the guards head. "It's also pointless for you to flee." Brian casually said as he approached the door to the mansion. He opened the door and found himself facing three more guards, each one fully armed and armored. "Pointless." The first guard charged forth and attempted to stab him. Brian planted his right hand on the flat of the blade, and threw it aside. This threw the guard off-balance and left him unable to dodge Brian's clothesline. As the guard fell down, Brian slammed his right foot down on the man, crushing his rib cage and lungs. The remaining two guards cautiously approached him. They had watched as all their comrades died while rushing in or fleeing. They were determined to be different. But there was fear in the back of their minds...fear that they would die anyway. And that fear was correct. A few moments later, both guards were on the ground dead. One had his one sword impaled through his chest. The other had his head completely smashed. "So pointless."

Brian continued to casual stroll through the mansion. There had been no other attempts at stopping him. It was as if the guards had lost all heart to fight him. Around another corner and down another hall, and finally Brian had arrived at his destination. Before him was the door to the study. Here is where he would find what he was looking for. Without a second though, he opened the door and stepped inside. Before him was a man sitting in a chair at a fireplace, surrounded by shelves of books. The man had a fully head of hair that was graying, but was clean shaven on his face. He was not a fit man, but nor was he fat. More of an...average. He was wearing his fanciest clothing and had many rings on his fingers. In his hand was a cup of tea.

"Ah. I knew you would arrive. But I wasn't expecting you for another hour. I suppose it was a good thing that I decided to be prepared early." the man calmly said to Brian.

"You did not run or hide? Or even surround yourself with an army? You have the resources after all."

The man chuckled. "I am no fool. As soon as I figured out what the spy was after, I knew you would show up. Yes, I could have ran, hid, or surrounded myself with troops. But I knew none of those things would stop you." The man sipped from his tea. "Would you care for a cup of tea?"

Brian sat down comfortably in a chair in front of the man. "No thank you. I despise the taste of tea."

"Very well then." The man took another sip of tea. "I will die tonight, won't I?"

"That is correct. However, the amount of pain you experience and how long it takes you to die are both determined by how cooperative you are with me."

"I understand. So what is it that you wish to know?"

"Don't play stupid. You know what I want to know."

"But what if I am wrong? It's safer and faster for you to simply ask me."

Brian glared at the man. "Very well. Do you have the floor plans?"

The man took another sip of his tea. "The floor plans to what?"

Brian's eyes turned into the yellow, demonic ones. "Don't test me old man."

The man chuckled. "I was only kidding." He tossed a rolled up piece of paper over to Brian which was easily caught. He quickly unrolled it and began to examine it. "Is that satisfactory for you?"

"Yes." Brian tucked the paper away in his coat. "Now then, what information do you have on their enemies? I know you have been keeping track."

"Of course I have. I was tasked to. So far, they only have two enemies. The Underworld King and a Dragon."

"A Dragon?"

"Yes. One of the members, Zenith I believe his name was, has a rival. A very powerful and evil rival of the same race."

Brian ran a hand through his hair. "That complicates things a little, but it's not a problem. I believe we are through here old man."

"Where do I stand so far?"

"A little pain." Brian replied with a smirk.

The man gulped. "Wait! I have more information! You may want to hear it."

"Go on." Brian said as he leaned back in his chair.

"King Arthur is missing. Either he was killed and nobody wants that fact known, or he was kidnapped. He hasn't been seen in days."

"Perhaps he is just sick? At any rate, why would I care?"

"Because, my sources tell me that the Jester was spotted in Arthur's city."

"The jester? That is very interesting indeed." Brian then stood up from his chair and walked over to the man. "It seems we are done here. Any final words?"

"None. I have already made out my will. Just get it over with." the man replied as he closed his eyes.

"Very well." Brian casually walked around behind the man as he drew one of his twin blades. Once behind the man, he raised his blade up and lined it up with the back of his neck. "You have been most helpful Mr. Alburi." His blade quickly stabbed into the man's neck, killing him instantly.

Jikka grinned and looked back at Neol, with a really smug face, [color=#FF0000]"Most likely, most likely!" [/color]he told him, then went down to land as soon as they got near the sandstorm, and hoped off the cloud, then waved to it, [color=#FF0000]"Seeya Aercloud!" [/color]he called, and the cloud flew off into the distance, then Jikka covered up most of his face with his robes, [color=#FF0000]"Lets go, don't suffocate Neol!" [/color]he called cheerfully before he pressed onwards into the sandstorm, [color=#FFA07A][i]'I wonder how far in this Oasis place is, hopefully not too far'[/i][/color]

[OoC: Aisu, we need to move along and reach Oasis as soon as possible, so you'll have to forgive me, but I'm temping your movement.]

Zenith took the hands of his wife and said [color=#008000]"We'll have to go through, but whatever happens, I promise I'll never let go. You have my word."[/color] Then he took some cloth and gave her a small mask suitable of filtering the sand from the air. Then he looked into the sandstorm, everyone was going in. He then looked back at Laila and said [color=#008000]"Better in than out!" [/color]And the pair dashed into the furious sandstorm, Zenith gritting his teeth against the harsh environment and keeping a tight grip of Laila's hand through the sandstorm's unforgiving might.

[color=#4b0082]"Just stay near me if you can! Don't get ahead of me either! I don't know what defenses are up right now!"[/color] Lineus yelled over the fury of the sandstorm, hoping that the rest of the group could hear her. [color=#4b0082][i]I think the storms have gotten worse. What could have happened for them to increase the intensity this much?[/i][/color] Lineus thought, wincing as some of the sand barraged some of her bare skin, causing cuts to form.

They traveled deeper into the storms, Lineus stopping once in a while to check her surroundings, making sure to tell which way the sand blew. She seemed to be checking minuscule things to find the city. After about half an hour in the raging storm a noise could be heard. It sounded like someone was blowing a horn as loud as they could, slowly getting louder and louder, shaking the sand beneath them.

Suddenly the sand in front of Lineus started to shiver and shake, forming what seemed to be a giant snake, growing bigger and bigger. Lineus was quickly caught by the current of sand beneath her and began to be pulled towards the creature. She reached out a hand to the others and managed to get out the words, [color=#4b0082]"Stay bac-"[/color] before being sucked into the creature, away from sight.

Zenith watched the serpent begin to grow and grow in size and sheer mass, as Lineus was dragged towards it. [color=#008000]"No!" [/color]Zenith tried to reach after the girl, but knew if he did Laila could be put in the very same danger. Desperate to help her, his eyes metamorphisized into lizard-like and he spouted his wings, which were getting pummeled by the sand. Then his eyes glowed a feint bright red as he used a very potent Dragon Breath attack at the beast, the flames managing to remain in form of the flamethrower like structure despite the horrific winds. Zenith then used his wings to cover Laila as he took on the sands head on, the flames heating to a point where the snad touching it would melt. The flames gradually made their way to the sand serpent, boosted by Zenith giving his Dragon Breath another push of strength.

The serpent continued to grow in size, sucking in sand from around itself in response to the barrage of flames by Zenith, pieces of new glass falling off of it. More serpents began to form around the party, this time a slightly larger distance away, as if they were afraid of the flames as well. The serpent slowly became larger and larger but oddly seemed to start bulging as well. Then it started to glow from the inside, rays of lightly bursting through new cracks in the sand. The other serpents started to get closer to the main serpent before it exploded, Lineus able to be seen once more, floating in the air.

She seemed to be unconscious but she glowed slightly, the faint outline of some sort of bird around her. In magesight she blindingly glowed in the image of a phoenix, and as she glowed the other serpents fell apart into normal sand once more. The sandstorm whipped at her clothes as she hung in the air before she fell into the sand, seemingly unconscious. The sandstorm immediately started to cover Lineus threatening to drown her in the sand.

Jikka almost gasped in astonishment at what had just happened, with Lineus glowing like a phoenix and instantly felling the worms. Jikka ran over to Lineus, who was lying in the sand, in the sand, and picked her up, [color=#FF0000]"She looks unconscious, we should get to Oasis as soon as possible, she should get medical attention, and we can't do anything in this sandstorm!" [/color]Jikka called to his group and then started to trudge forth in the same direction, still holding Lineus, and trying to keep her from dying in the sand, [color=#FFA07A][i]'Why am I protecting this random person anyway? I guess she just reminds me of Kuwabura, being from the desert' [/i][/color]he thought whilst he did so.

"Oi! Desert boy! Yer right! We need to get to Oasis! But I see a wee little problem. Our guide is unconscious!" Theovak yelled at him. "Bloody fool! Ye can't even see in front of ye, can ye?" He then reached into his pack and pulled out a long rope. "Cally! Tie this around yer waist and pass it back to everyone else! That way we will stay together." Cally did as she was instructed as Theovak turned towards Jikka. "Get in line boy, and keep her face covered! I'm going to lead us straight into the middle of the mess! And before you complain, just know that I've kept me bearings with a ton of rocks being thrown into me face! This sandstorm ain't nothing!" With that, Theovak began trudging forward with a determined look on his face as Cally began passing the rope around.

[color=#FF0000]"I've LIVED in a desert my whole life, I don't care how many rocks hit your face, I think I know this place a little bit better then you!" [/color]Jikka retorted, [color=#FF0000]"But fine, lead the way, I'll try and make sure Lineus doesn't die" [/color]Jikka told him, and took the rope, and started following Theovak, [color=#FF0000]"The people of Oasis better have good medical knowledge" [/color]Jikka thought aloud as he walked.

Lupe had slept curled up outside a house, and now woke up, back into his human form, as the sun was already fairly high in the sky, [color=#D3D3D3]"Looks like I slept in today, won't have as much time today, so I'll just get the preparations ready"[/color]

Suddenly the immediate area around the party calmed slightly, the sand still swirling slightly but no longer barraging them with the intensity of before. The sand beneath them started to blow away as well, revealing that there was a beautiful stone road beneath the sand. In the distance a giant dome could be barely seen, lights seeming to flicker from it. The flickering seemed random at first but it is obvious after observation that it is a pattern of short and long bursts in different combinations. It seemed like a code meant to alert someone, but Lineus was the only one who could understand it. As the group continued, the path ahead of them cleared of sand while the path behind was covered once more, leaving no trace of their passing. The closer they got to the dome, the more sounds could be heard, such as muffled explosions and whines and screeches and the unmistakable sounds of magical training. And the threatening voices of guards, screaming over the sounds of the sandstorms. "Don't make any sudden moves on your way to the edge of the barrier else you will be struck down!"

Archived