Yugioh OCG Ban List September 1st 2011

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, after thinking about the list, the changes that just bug me are Primal Seed (why would they even think to do this) and Oppression. Unless I'm missing something, the card really doesn't have any broken uses and since imo special summoning is breaking the game, removing a check to it is just stupid.

Side from that JD and BLS are the other big changes. The rest is more or less what always happens, hit the decks that do well.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1313513924' post='5447491']
So, after thinking about the list, the changes that just bug me are Primal Seed (why would they even think to do this) and Oppression. Unless I'm missing something, the card really doesn't have any broken uses and since imo special summoning is breaking the game, removing a check to it is just stupid.

Side from that JD and BLS are the other big changes. The rest is more or less what always happens, hit the decks that do well.
[/quote]

This got brought up in another topic.

Macro Cosmos + BLS + 2 Primal Seed= infinite recycling combo.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1313514018' post='5447495']

This got brought up in another topic.

Macro Cosmos + BLS + 2 Primal Seed= infinite recycling combo.
[/quote]
Do you think Konami tests the format when they make changes? Even if they did, do you really think they would catch a combo like that?

Really, we have tons of combos in the game, so what did they go after that when all it does is recycle. Yes, getting more use out of your cards is always good, but what exactly makes that so good that something needs to be done about it.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1313514414' post='5447511']
Do you think Konami tests the format when they make changes? Even if they did, do you really think they would catch a combo like that?

Really, we have tons of combos in the game, so what did they go after that when all it does is recycle. Yes, getting more use out of your cards is always good, but what exactly makes that so good that something needs to be done about it.
[/quote]

Actually, I do think they'd catch that one. It's kind of obvious if you think about it. And even that combo aside, the RFG is a second Graveyard and Primal is a +1 that can grab ANY card.

Gold Sarcophagus says "sup?", by the way.

[quote name='shelds9' timestamp='1313513956' post='5447492']
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:September_2011,_Banlist_Prediction

This sounds more realistic. BLS better stay Banned or I'll be forced to make an RFG Deck...
[/quote]

You know this is real though right

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1313514623' post='5447520']

Actually, I do think they'd catch that one. It's kind of obvious if you think about it. And even that combo aside, the RFG is a second Graveyard and Primal is a +1 that can grab ANY card.

Gold Sarcophagus says "sup?", by the way.
[/quote]
I don't think we should give them that much credit, but seeing as how their is no other reason, sure lets go with that. Problem with Primal is being a +1 is that it isn't that easy to get non-creatures into the RFP zone. And in terms of creatures, their are a lot of things you can do with one that is RFP.

And their we go, that is a broken combo. With just those 3 you gain access to every card in your deck. That is a broken use, even if it isn't the easiest to put together.

This list makes the format become "Tengu + Tour Guide = Tier 0 pro deck that can't lose". My team are having a hard time getting Tour Guides. Guess it's X-Sabers for me next format. Owait they are better with Tour Guide too. Help me, my wallet is too empty.

[quote name='Star' timestamp='1313516461' post='5447655']
Is it possible the TCG version could see Reborn Tengu or Tour Guide have some kind of limitation?
[/quote]
While it is unlikely, if they are hurting the meta that much it can happen. As we all know Allure went to 1 for a short while before it was out in the OCG. Granted the next actual ban list update (it was emergency banned) moved back to 3 only for it to go back to 1 when it came out in OCG.

Archived