Harry Potter is awful and you suck for liking it.

I never really understood Quiditch, anyways. The books were okay back when I read them when I was 9, but looking back they're obviously not the best. I find it lulzy that they can't be read at my school in class because people fear it's teaching witchcraft or some bullocks like that.

. My RL friend read it...

Let's just say we arn't friends anymore.

You sir must die!!!!! D:<

Also, you guys need to expand a little on what literature you read. I've read books from Moby Dick to Twilight, and even short stories by Edgar Allan Poe. Critigue a book, sure, go ahead. Completely shut it down simply because someone says so or for some other stupid reason...well...you're just depriving yourself there. <_<

Eh, the only Reason i like it was b/c of magic, and seems to be the only book I like kind of that has its own movie series.....The only character I actually liked was professor dumbledoore.....The other books i like I read and everything, but they still won't make movies out of them, which peos me off....B/c if made right, highly doubt that, would be great....

But overall opinion, of movies/books of all harrypotter's, I'd give a Hate/Like rating of 50/60%....

Guest Fusion X. Denver

Harry Potter will always be my favorite book series. Even with its flaws, the characters and their world has that magic pull pun intended that drags you into their universe, and THAT'S what I like the most out of a book series.

Regardless, this was an enjoyable read, I'm not really disagreeing with anything pointed out.

I had a big expansive post responding to people who said that criticism is evil because people like Harry Potter, but I lost it, so, I'll summarize briefly as follows:

F*** you.

You sir must die!!!!! D:<

edward is so hawt lol :-) team edward all the way mannnnnnn!!!!111!11!!11!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, you guys need to expand a little on what literature you read. I've read books from Moby Dick to Twilight, and even short stories by Edgar Allan Poe. Critigue a book, sure, go ahead. Completely shut it down simply because someone says so or for some other stupid reason...well...you're just depriving yourself there. <_<

On a completely unrelated note, am I the only one irritated how much many 'classic' writers suck at this whole 'writing' business?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Clear Vice Dragon

This whole thread is invalid for 1 simple reason.

THE BOOK IS FICTION! AS IN NOT REAL! JEEZ!

LOLGIC, WE'RE ALLOWED TO BASH STORIES FROM REAL LIFE BUT NOT FICTIONAL, ESPECIALLY IN THE LITERATURE SECTION.

Also, you think? I kind of heard there was something called biographies, but apparently not.

And really, Crab's long post isn't random bashing of the story or taking it too seriously. It's a well-thought out and insightful analysis of recurring story flaws throughout the story, and even though I agree with almost everything, it doesn't stop me from enjoying the books or thinking they're some of the better books around.