Harry Potter is awful and you suck for liking it.

Which, like Lupe in you know what, is a Lycanthrope.

Actually it isn't even! Because Lupe's transformation is affected by the moon.

Precisely!

Don't give out wrong information just because you're lazy

...do you really think Pokemon would have cared if I took the extra time to actually explain? She probably just looked at my answer and forgot about the whole ordeal five minutes later. So...I'm going to be lazy...besides...this thread is about hate towards Harry Potter. :<

Good read.

I started noticing when I watched the second movie. Harry only gets to see the basilisk's shadow since he can't really risk looking directly. Then Tom says (at least in the Spanish version):

No! Your bird has blinded the basilisk! Oh but he can still hear you!

My first thought was "How kind of Tom to tell Harry that he can now look at the Basilisk, that's actually great help already on itself"

After that, when Harry was dying from the poisoning, Tom suddenly makes a random unnecessary comment about the book. Which I had forgotten about already. Once again thanks for telling me the book had some relevance with you being here. Might as well try something during the minute of life I have left....

Ever since, I've noticed details here and there.

Guest Cursed Reaction

Meh. Harry Potter is just a book. Get a life and stop overreacting.

He's criticizing it and generally pointing out J.K. Rowling's errors =/

You might as well just say that anyone who provides advice or is a critic has no life.

Your logic is completely illogical.

• Like 1

Now I m one of those die-hard HP fans, but even I had to agree with you, and I had myself a good laugh at all of the things you pointed out. To be completely honest the appeal that I had for the character Harry Potter kind of dwindled after the first couple of books/movies, and by that time I kind of filtered my favorite character around Serverus.

But yeah, I must say that a lot of the things you pointed out does make since....Hm....Even so, I will forever be a HP fan. At least it's better than Twilight. And finally, I mus agree with DK(In first page) you have a lot of time on your hands lol.

• 2 months later...

Now I m one of those die-hard HP fans, but even I had to agree with you, and I had myself a good laugh at all of the things you pointed out. To be completely honest the appeal that I had for the character Harry Potter kind of dwindled after the first couple of books/movies, and by that time I kind of filtered my favorite character around Serverus.

But yeah, I must say that a lot of the things you pointed out does make since....Hm....Even so, I will forever be a HP fan. At least it's better than Twilight. And finally, I mus agree with DK(In first page) you have a lot of time on your hands lol.

My post was going to be pretty similar to this. I actually really enjoyed reading this, as I'm a big fan of the Harry Potter series. It would be stupid to say it's without it's flaws though, and the moment I learned of what dues ex machina was a few years ago, my first thought was that it was used in almost every Harry Potter book.

This was a good read, Crab.

He can make himself invincible as long as specific objects are not magically destroyed, which would make him absolutely impossible to defeat if he decided to make, say, a random pebble (or, as one fanfic suggested, the Pioneer Plaque - have fun fetching it from outside the solar system) into a horcrux.

I'd like to see that fic. It'd be worth a laugh.

Anyways, a good examination of the series. Deathly Hallows is my least favorite book of the series, and whoever mentioned that it has too many asspulls was right.

For all you haters, especially Crab -

You can go around the books and find however many loopholes, screw-ups, and other plot devices as you want. Are the books bad because of that? No. For most books, logic is not meant to be at the root of it. Harry Potter is a good and popular series because it is ENJOYABLE AND FAIRLY EASY TO READ AND UNDERSTAND, not because every last detail is logical and precisely calculated. There are a lot of things in this world that people enjoy, even if they make no sense. Most of today's comedy makes no sense at all, but people watch and laugh because its ENJOYABLE AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND. Get the picture?

If you don't like Harry Potter, that's perfectly fine. Plenty of people like it, plenty of people hate it. It depends on the person. However, it's people like Crab and some others here that I lose respect for because they INSIST on taking their hate a step further by ripping on the books and insulting those who like them.

In 7th grade, my English teacher (she knew I was a HUGE reader) was like, "Brian, you like books with action, right?" and I said yes. She goes, "Have you heard of Twilight? It's got huge battles between Vampires and Werewolves." And of course, I was like, "Oh wow!!! That sounds awesome! I'm going to read it!"

And so I read the whole first book expecting a huge fight between Vampires and Werewolves. <_<

. My RL friend read it...

Let's just say we arn't friends anymore.

The battle's done, and we kinda won, so we'll sound our victory cheer. But where do we go from here?

We feature in a terrible epilogue that lends nothing to the story and sounds a lot like fan fiction.

This was a great read. I'm a big fan of "urban fantasy" but never got crazy about the Harry Potter series. I read them, but there were always small instances that bothered me (such as Harry's Deus Ex Machina at the end of book 1). I was never really able to put it into words. You've, on the other hand, done a wonderful job of expressing your opinion, and I agree with what you are saying.

Guest Rupert Giles

YAY! BUFFY REFERENCES!! Anyway, I like the series. But I do see problems, the very ones you stated. If all those were gone....wow. I almost cry at how good the series could have been.

Guest Clear Vice Dragon

I'd like to see that fic. It'd be worth a laugh.

Anyways, a good examination of the series. Deathly Hallows is my least favorite book of the series, and whoever mentioned that it has too many asspulls was right.

It's called Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality. Notable for creating an alternate universe where Petunia married a scientist.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I saw this. I personally liked the series when I was younger, but when I look back on the books I can't ignore all the flaws.

And the people defending the book and getting angry. Relax, it's one persons opinion, there are plenty of people out there that praise the book, some go overboard with it. It's good to have people who can look at it and point out flaws.

I hope to become a published author, and I've learned that negative feedback is even more important than positive, as it helps me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

This is a very well-thought out and intelligent critique.

Although the topic title could of been a bit more tactful.