Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (PG13/Not Accepting/Year 1)

VGVentus

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Alexander gladly accepted the tissues. "Thanks!" He said as he started cleaning himself. He was rather surprised at how effective the enchanted tissues were, but he knew he would have to get familiar with equally and more fantastic stuff when he arrived at the castle. He put his stuff back into his luggage and walked outside, quickly noticing the giant man. He hurried over to the half-giant and when he was safely there he looked around. They were in a small village, and a sign said "Hogsmeade", which was probably the name of the place. He did also see the big loch and got a bit nervous about it. He wasn't a very good swimmer...[/font][/size]

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Alend approached the half-giant, amazed by his size. Alend made his way through the crowd of students, who all rushed to their respective leaders. [/size]Alend also began to accelerate when he noticed that he was one of the last remaining of the first year. As he reached the half-giant, he inclined his head a bit awkward still speechless by his size. He had read several books about giants and other magical creatures, half-giants were a rare case and and that Hogwarts would have one as a teacher sent a thrill of excitement through Alend. He searched the first year crowd and located the people who had been seated in the same cabin as he. Alend moved closer to them but kept his distance if they would think his presence was annoying, which he doubted since most of them had been really friendly. Thousands of thoughts flowed in Alends head but the most important and the most exciting was indeed the dorm sorting.[/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]Lukanad Kullywump filed out of the train, excited and pumped, ready for a new year, a year in which he could meet other people, finally. He looked up at the , who was saying that the first years needed to go with him. He followed the Half Giant into a village called "Hogsmeade." He looked around, curious to what this place was, and what they were doing here. He walked over to another student,one with black hair and a scar on his cheek, looking nervouslly at the lake. "Hey." He says, directed towards the boy. "My name is Lukanad, but you can just call me Luke. Do you know where we are?"[/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]((I'm guessing you're talking to Alexander since you mentioned his scar (which I moved to the chin when I updated his app, btw) However, Alexander's hair is very light borwn, almost blonde.))[/size][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]"Hello!" Alexander greeted Luke. He wasn't used at meeting so many people at the same time (at least not so many that talked directly to him) but it didn't disturb him as much as he thought it would when they departed. "I would think that we are in Scotland, judging by the mountains and the big lake." Alexander turned around at the same time as he pointed at the mountains and the loch. "It appears that we're in Hogsmeade, and I think that's Hogwarts." He pointed at the big castle that was barely visible in this hour. [/size][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]When the guy came in to inform them of the train's arrival at Hogwarts Izzy was quick to stand and hold the door open. Though it was mostly for the female, she held it open for the other's as well. Once Ellie left, Izzy went back in to retrieve Carro and follow the rest of the students off of the train. As she exited the first thing she saw was the large school in the distance, across a large lake that her mother told her held a lake monster. Not that Izzy was one to but much thought into monsters. A booming voice, yelled across the whole platform and over all of the other noise, calling the first years over to him. It wasn't difficult to miss the huge man.[/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]Izzy quickly assessed that he was a half-giant, as no human could ever reach that height and no giant could be so diminuative due to the age that he appeared. Izzy was pretty sure she figured out the mystery behind the Ellie girl, and her almost unnatural ability to draw attention to her at one point or another. [/font]

[font=courier new, courier, monospace][size=3]The half-giant looked down at the first years who just arrived, he seemed to smile underneath his fuzzy beard and introduced himself, "My name is Rubeus Hagrid, though calling me Hagrid is fine to! Just follow me and I'll show you how yer gettin' into Hogwarts!" Hagrid was about to head for the dock when the young man who was in the carriage earlier caught his attention. "Ah! Professor Longbottom! Ow are you? I think it's been a long while since we've talked last!"[/size][/font]

[font=courier new, courier, monospace][size=3]Professor Longbottom flushed in embarassment, "Erm, I'm still an assistant, Hagrid, anyway, you should be getting these first years down to the docks!" he then ran off in the direction everyone else was heading. Hagrid eventually reached the dock, his back turned to the new students; when he turned back around, he had the tethers that tied the boats to the dock in his grip. "Now then, get into the boats, four at a time!" [/size][/font]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace][i]So, it is true[/i], thought Ellie as she got into a nearby boat. [i]Although, that Hagrid fellow is very clumsy. I would have thought that he would know where to go by now! [/i]She cast her mind away from him though, and instead, her eyes darted towards the other first years. She was hoping that Alexander would join her - and anybody else who had been on the train with her. She didn't want to end up spending their only boat ride with unknowns, particularly if they turned out to be bad mannered, foul mouthed or generally repulsive to her. No, that would be an awful way to start the year, very awful indeed.[/font][/size]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Rose had apparently dozed off, and awoke with a start, shouting "Incendio!" A bolt of flame struck the window, and he quickly put it out. He noticed everyone else in the cabin was off, and he ran out of the train, rushing past many other students before skidding to a halt. He had almost hit the girl Ellie, and he mumbled "Sorry..." almost inaudibly, his face flushing a deep red. It was at this point he noticed the massive bearded man, and his jaw dropped.[/size][/font]
[font="'courier new"][i]R-Rubeus Hagrid?! Dad mentioned him...[/i][i]I never thought I'd actually be so close to him.[/i][/font]
[font="'courier new"]He stopped staring at Hagrid and loaded himself into the boat in front of him. "H-hi again..." he greeted Ellie sheepishly.[/font]
[font="'courier new"]Rose shifted his position and brushed the hair from his face, his red eyes gleaming in the lantern light. He then looked down at the inky blackness of the water, realizing he was trying to impress this girl even subconsciously.[/font]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Alexander looked at Ellie and put on his gentlemanly voice. "Ladies first!" He said and did a gesture towards the closest of the boats. His mind then went to the houses, he didn't know anything about them, except that there were four and that they were called Slytherin, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. None of them made any sense to Alexander, really. He just hoped he would be placed in one together with at least one of his "cabinmates". Seing as they were six and there were four houses, the chances would be slim that he wasn't placed together with at least one of them.[/font][/size]

Lucifer quietly had his pack on his back, and rolled his luggage. He held a Teddy Bear, and as he shuffled towards the Group, he spoke to himself, with a voice answering him in his head. "What if I get into the bad school?" The answer his head gave him: "There is no Bad School. Only Bad People who came from the School." The voice was sometimes helpful, like then. He was still consuling it then, as he bumped into Alexander. "Woah. Sorry, dude." Lucifer spoke to him. "I was in my mind. Thinking." He shrugged it off, and shook it off.

Luke followed Alexander to the boat, then realised that Alexander had never introduced himself. He seated himself in the boat, and looked at the rather attractive girl that was across from him. He looked at the two other boys in the boat, the one he had met before, along with a new one. "Hi, my name is Luke. What are your names?" He looked around at all the people. THen, someone bumbed into the one he had met. It seemed as if one of the five people were not going to be in this boat. THat was a small problem. Chances were, it would end up being the ne w person..

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]Izzy shook her head at the other males in the area, and how they went gaga for Ellie. She figured the reason she wasn't as effected was because she was a female. But it was easily pushed to the back of her mind when the half-giant, who introduced himself as Rubius Hagrid, instructed them all to get into a boat. Only four were allowed in one boat, and as Izzy was about to get in a boat a group of girls came over. Izzy offered a charming smile at, and offered them a hand into the boat. They giggled and blushed as they stepped onto the boat. Izzy inclined her head at them, then stepped back to get into another empty boat. [/font]

Lucifer saw an Boat with a Single person in it. He tried to get into it, and fell on his face. Some first years laughed, and he sat down. " Ow. Oh, hello. I'm Lucifer. What is your name?" He asked Izzy. He held his nose after saying it, but he bears the pain. He opens his book, and holds his Teddy Bear. He waits patiently for the answer, and asks a Followup Question. "What school do you think you'll get in?" He looks at Izzy, and waits for the answer of her choice. He also awaits the embarking to Hogwarts that should be coming up soon.

OoC: Faceplant trolol.
[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Alend tried to locate another boat as the others in the cabin already had a boat, his gaze fell on Izzy and he hesitated before he ran after her. As he ran he he caught sight of the castle. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped, this was huge, in the books Alend had read it described Hogwarts as a enormous castle but this..?! He just stood and watched, forgetting what he should do. As he noticed he started drooling, he snapped back to reality and rushed over to the boat. "Hey, can I accompany you?" he said out of his breath when he approached Izzys boat and took a seat without waiting for an answer. Alend turned his head a little and noticed another guy, "Oh hi" Alend greeted with an awkward smile and inclined his head.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Izzy looked up at the two males that enter the boat she chose to sit in. One of them she knew from the train ride, but the other she didn't. "Hello Lucifer. I am Izzy Calsinare Bloodmire, and it is a pleasure to make your accuaintance." She said to him, and gave a curt nod to Alend. "As to your question, there are only two houses in Hogwarts that I respect. That being Ravenclaw and Slytherin, so I am pulling for one or the other. Hufflepuff, to me, is a joke of a house and Gryffindors simply bore me to death. What about you?" She said turning the question on him simply to be polite. [/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Izzy, even when sitting, didn't slouch like most kids. She kept up her correct posture, as she waited for Lucifer to answer her question. "I do hope these boats get a move on. I am becoming very impaitent."[/font][/size]

[font=courier new, courier, monospace]"Wow. That's where my Parents went. Ravenclaw for my mother, Slytherin for my Father. It would be ironic for a boy named Salazar to get into Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. Same with Rowena in Slytherin or Hufflepuff, Helga in Slytherin or Ravenclaw, or Godric to get into any of the other schools, especially Slytherin. But it still is Possible. Lucifer sounds Slytherin, but I won't know until I get to the school and have the Sorting Hat over my head, will I?" Lucifer chuckled. [/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]Zant was already getting on to one of the boats soon after the round-faced fellow visited. He got just enough sleep to last the rest of the day, but he was still a bit drowsy. He was almost tempted to fall asleep on the boat before the sound of water and feeling of flotation kept his eyes stapled open. He didn't speak because nobody spoke to him, but he hoped that he would make some friends in the years to come. The sight of Stonecrest was a breath-taking sight even for him. Being a new student, he felt a combination of anxiety, excitement, and curiosity, but his emotionless appearance hid all that from the others that surrounded him.[/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]"Hello," smiled Ellie as she watched Rose hop in. "You're ... Rose, right? Yes, I remember..." She was promptly distracted when Luke also stepped in; another brilliant smile was flashing on her face, as she introduced herself. "Oh, hello! I'm Eleonara Yancey, but everyone calls me Ellie."[/size][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3][i]Thank goodness Alexander and Rose are here with me[/i], she thought as she fell unnaturally silent, and leaned back slightly. [i]This Luke fellow seems pleasant - I don't really mind that he's there.[/i] Needless to say, to Ellie, this was going to be an interesting trip.[/size][/font]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Izzy gave a curt nod, and quickly stood up from the boat, and got out. The reason being was that the boat next to them was being boarded by 2 females, so she went to help them by offering a steady hand. Once that was done she reclaimed her seat, crossing her legs like she did on the train; with her ankle resting on her leg, almost making the triangle shape with her leg. It was becoming very boring simply sitting there, especially with the school so close to her. Izzy absentmindedly gave Carro another treat and stroked his head gently through the cage.[/font][/size]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Rose blushed. "Y-yes, my name is Rose."[/size][/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3][i]Oh my god, she remembered my name! [/i]he squealed internally.[/size][/font]
[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]"S-so, what house do you all hope to get into? I'm fine with really anything, honestly...I just hope I don't get in anyone's way..." He trailed off, starting to believe he might sound a bit selfish, talking about what he wanted before anyone else could answer.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]At this point, he looked up toward the school. The masdive castle that was the Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry towered high above them on a cliff face. He gulped as he took in all of its spires and parapets, finally absorbing its enormity.[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]"Wow..."[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Alend had silently listened to Lucifer and Izzys conversation about the houses, not particularly enthusiastic to engage in a discussion. When he saw Izzy pet her animal it occurred Alend he had forgot to see to his mouse. A chill crept down his spine and panicked he searched his pockets where the small black mouse liked dozing in, he sighed with relief when he felt something furry stroking his fingers. Alend picked up the mouse in his hand, a pitch black mouse around the size of Alends hand. Alend peered up at the others, he flushed a little when he saw their questioning glances "Eh..this is my mouse.." he said, trying to avoid his voice cracking. Alend put the mouse in his pocket so only its head could be seen. He flipped open the pages of a small book,[i] [/i][i][i]Ways to cause memory losses using internal Charms[/i], [/i]and began reading.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Alexander was busy observing the waters around them instead of listening to what the others were talking about, but he did notice that two others had also entered the boat. He could see Hogwarts clearly now, and it was a lot larger that he would have imagined it would be. A lot. He then heard Rose's question and turned to face the other boatriders.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]"I don't know anything about the houses, sadly." Alexander said and smiled unfunnily. "Care to fill me in?"[/font][/size]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Rose was surprised by Alexander's question. "You don't know about them? Well, I guess I'll try to explain...There are four houses, being Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. A new student is assigned to one of them by the Sorting Hat. Couraggeous people are put in Gryffindor, intellegent people are sent to Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff is for those who are kindhearted, and Slytherin is for those with cunning and ambition."[/size][/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Rose tried to catch his breath, as he has a habit of speaking without inhaling. "I think that about sums it up."[/size][/font]

"Also," Luke said, leaning his head in. "The houses have a competetion for points, in which they can earn by winning games of quidditch, or doing well in classes. Teachers, though, can take away points." He ended, with a bit sad tone. He then smiled again, saying. "So, speaking of Quisittch, is anyone trying out for quiditch? I am. I'm torn in between Beater or Keeper, though we can't join until second year, and I doubt that there will ever be an exception." He looked up at the castle. He had no idea that the castle was so big. He would be sure not to look over the edge of the astronomy tower. Someone could look over, or fall to his death.

[size=3][font=courier new, courier, monospace]Hagrid, satisfied that everyone was on the boats, said onle last thing to the first years, "Now, I'm lettin' go of the ropes in my hand now! And when I do, your boats will drift off to Hogwarts, no paddling is required..." the Half-Giant scratched his beard, trying to remember something, "...Ah! Yes, the Deputy Headmaster will be waiting for ya on the other side of the lake! So no worries there." and with that, Hagrid let go of the ropes in his hand, and just like he said, the boats moved on their own towards Hogwarts.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new, courier, monospace]Waiting for the boats, inside the dock, was a middle aged man. His red hair had strands of white in it, and his face looked tired and worn; it looked like he didn't want to be here, and his dark brown eyes helped support this theory. When the boats came in, he adressed the first years, his tone bored and fed up, "Hello, welcome to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, I am Professor Brian Fordrick, if you would follow me, I'll show you to the Great Hall..." he then headed back inside, the first years behind him.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new, courier, monospace]When they came to the door of the Great Hall, Professor Fordrick faced the students, and using the same tone of voice as before, sighed, "When you enter the Great Hall, head straight to the front and don't take any seats, You will be called up in alphabetical order, and sorted into a house by the Sorting Hat. Once you have been sorted, you will take a seat at your new house's table." he then pushed the doors open and walked in.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new, courier, monospace]The Great Hall was exactly that: Great. It was huge, there were hundreds of students, all seated at four, long tables. Right at the top of the Hall, sat the staff, among them were Professor Longbottom, Rubeus Hagrid, and Professor Fordrick; Fordrick was standing at the front, in his hand, was a scroll, containing the names of all the students in alphabetical order. Besides the tired Professor, was a chair, and on that chair, was a dusty old hat, it looked like it was moving.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new, courier, monospace]"Before the feat can begin, we must sort the new students into their houses..." Fordrick sighed, his eyes drifting off into the corner for a moment, before resting on the first years again, "...I shall call you up in alphabetical order, and when you are called, you will sit on this chair, and the Sorting Hat will be placed upon your head..." Fordrick opened the scroll and read aloud, "Aled Winar, of the house Paren."[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new, courier, monospace](I shall PM all of you, telling you which house you have been sorted in, from there, it'll be your job to chronicle what happens...)[/font][/size]

Archived