Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (PG13/Not Accepting/Year 1)

VGVentus

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]OoC:Mohican, write in Courier New Size 12 btw! :)[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]When Alend heard his name echoing throughout the Great Hall, his blood froze to ice. At first he just stood there, on shaky legs. Students from all years seemed to search the crowd and when a couple of eyes stopped and fixed on him, he swallowed and felt a cold sweat break up in his hands. The voice repeated itself and once again shouted his name, now with a slightly annoyed tone. Alend rose up from his seat and in the matter of a split second everyones gazes were moved to his. He began to walk quickly to the sorting hat, determined not to look anywhere else.[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Fordrick made an hand gesture signaling: "Have seat.", Alend bowed stiffly and then hastily took a seat. Now he was facing the whole school, hundreds of eyes were fixed on him. He clutched his sleeve so nobody would catch sight of the initial sewn up, which he later would definitely tear away.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Fordrick rose the ancient hat over Alends head and slowly lowered it. A mixture of warm and cold spread along Alends body, he gripped his sleeve firmer and closed his eyes. The hat rested now on his head, and he gathered enough courage to open his eyes. The hat mumbled for himself and Alend had a hard time comprehending everything when it suddenly shouted "Slytherin!". Alend sighed with relief that it's was over and when a table began cheering, he couldn't help but allow his mouth corners curl upwards. "Very well, move to your fellow housemates now" Fordrick said, nodding at the Slytherin table. Alend stood up, still shaking and bowed respectfully to his seniors and finally Frodrick, then he rushed with small steps over to his table. A few Slytherin allowed him to sit next to him and he sat down, with a smile. So Slytherin was it, in all honesty it wasn't a big surprise because of his bloodline. [i]Cunning, ambition..[/i] another smile graced his smile when he thought about where he was, Hogwarts. [/font][/size]

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]"Yancey, Eleonoara!"[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]By the time it was Ellie's turn to take the hat, there were only two other students left. She had remained fairly calm during the whole process, and she easily walked over to the hat, not at all frightened by it, or indeed worried about which house she would be sorted in. As she sat on the stool, she gingerly placed the headwear on her head, propping up the brim with her palms so as to be able to see clearly.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]"How interesting ..." began a small voice in her ear. She could feel the mouth lightly moving as the hat spoke. "I see that you are half-Veela - oh, yes. Interesting..." Pause. Ellie kept still, her eyes rolled upwards, her vision blurred by the black rim of the hat. "Hmmmm ... SLYTHERIN!"[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Ellie broadly smiled as she took off the hat and walked over to the cheering Slytherin table. She had been expecting to go there - her mother had been sorted into that house as well, and she knew she had inibed a great deal of her qualities. Her father had been in Hufflepuff, but if Ellie had been sorted into there, she didn't know how she would have reacted - she never really liked that lot. As she searched for a seat, she noticed Alend, and espying that there was a seat opposite him, she immediately sat down on it and smiled at him.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]"Hello," she said as the noise gradually died down. "I believe we met on the train. You're Alend, right?"[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Kazuya had been quiet when his name was called, walking to the front as if normal though hesitating slightly infrot of theseat before sitting down to be 'sorted' wondering about what the houses were decided on while he was sorted having not paid much attention to what oithers had talked about through his whiole trip to hogwars from platform 9 3/4 to the hall they were in now. As the Sorting Hat announced Hufflepuff as his house he stood slowly and walked to the table which was clapping, the witches and wizards there wearing yellow and black robes as he sat at the end of one of the benches assuming that this was where he was meant to be as he watched the others being sorted, not particularly paying much attention until he noticed it was down to the loast three and one was announced into slytherin, waiting for the last two to be sorted Kazuya continued to sit there trying not to join in on the nearby other's cnversations, petting the pheonix, inside a bird cage which he had next to him, lightly before whispering "Don't worry I'll let you out soon.." to the magical bird feeling much more likely to understand it thn other people in his group having known the pheonix since he was young.[/font][/size]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]"Blackwood, Rose Alexander!"[/size][/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Rose blushed slightly and slowly walked up to the pedestal.[/size] He sat on the stool, and placed the Sorting Hat upon his head.[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]"Hmmm..." the Sorting Hat pondered. "Interesting...You show good magical aptitude, and you are rather bright, so Ravenclaw or Slytherin would do you well...But...No. Those aren't the best choices...Hmmm...Gryffindor might be right but...Ah no. I feel you won't grow out of this persona. And within you DOES beat a kind heart. Yes. Better be...HUFFLEPUFF!"[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]The Hufflepuff table rose with a cacophony of cheers, and many welcomed him to sit next to them. However, he walked to the far end of the Great Hall, opting to sit at an empty corner so no one would see his blushing face and he wouldn't have to talk to anyone.[/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]Once the boats began moving towards the castle, Izzy could feel her excitemet growing, and while it didn't show externally the way she stared at their destination showed that she was almost longing to finally get there. Izzy waited for the others to exit the boat before following, helping a few of the other ladies out of their boats, before heading into the castle. There they met Professor Brian Fordrick, who then lead them into the aptly named Great Hall. Four tables stretched across the length of the room, each one housing students wearing their designated house colors. They were led right up the center, and it didn't take long for the sorting to begin.[/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]After what seemed like ages Izzy's name was called. "Bloodmire, Izzy Calsinare!"[/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]She swiftly made her way up to the stool and sat down, awaiting for her sorting. Professor Fordrick placed the hat on her head, and she made a point to listen to what it was saying. [b]"Hm...A smart young woman....Very strong desires......Yet, you have a kind heart. Perhaps you have the makings of the Hufflepuff."[/b][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]"Do not place me in such a house." Izzy whispered back, making sure no one but the sorting hat could hear. It sounded as if the hat chuckled, [b]"You would not entirely fit in Hufflepuff anyway...I believe you would best grow in....RAVENCLAW!!" [/b]Izzy smirked, standing once the hat was removed from her head. At least it wasn't the boring Gryffindors. Her house table cheered for her as she made her way over. A few 4th years made some space for her, which she gracefull took with a small bow, before sitting down. This year would be quite enjoyable.[/font]

Luke sat in the hall, rubbing his hands impatientlly. When his name was called, he shot up, out of his chair, and started to zip up, but slowed down. A few of the Slytherin laughed. How they would be embaressed if he turned out to be slytherin. His face turned a red color. He sat in the chair. The hat was set on his head, an he began to hear it speaking. "Hmm, very intelligent, Ravenclaw maybe. Likes to share power, so that means no Slytherin. He is brave, except when it comes to hieghts, or spiders, and isn't scared easily. Hmm, I say..." Luke closed his eyes, thinking that he would be put in Gryfindor or Ravenclaw. Those were his two favorites, so he didn't mind being put into either. "Gryffindor!" The hat shouted. He rushed over to the Gryffindor table, but not before waving at his aquantises from the boat. He sat down in an empty chair, with Gryffindors patting his back.

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]"Searson, Alexander Elvendork!"[/size][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Alexander didn't notice that his name was called at first. He was too distracted by the enchanted roof and the candles. The professor looked at the remaining children, trying to see who this Searson fellow could be.[/size][/font]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]"Alexander Searson!" He yelled again, and this time Alexander heard and happily walked up to the hat. He was a bit nervous, which could probably be seen, but he figured it would be okay. Once the hat was on his head, it started to speak.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]"Alexander, hm? I sense a nice and kind heart in here. Big dreams, maybe to big and dreamy, you would fit well in Hufflepuff. Hm... But you are also clever and intelligent, and I sense a desire to create... Hm... The house of Rowena it is... RAVENCLAW!"[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Alexander didn't move. He was thinking about something else when the professor motioned at him to move aside. He took the hat off and then hurried down to the Ravenclaw table, where people were cheering at him. He placed himself next to Izzy, whom he recognized from the train.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]"Hello all!" He said and smiled.[/font][/size]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]Zant was still half-asleep when he entered the great hall. As he looked around, his nerves started to catch fire. He is not used to being around so many people, mainly the social ones, especially the popular ones. Each step seemed to echo across the room even though most of the sound was faded from the commotion that took place in each of the four long, populated tables filling up the giant room. Just like the other students, he lined up in the front, where he met eye contact with most of the professors. He swallowed, letting nature set into his shaking legs to calm them down. Pressure built inside him before he heard his name fill the room. With his usually emotionless face on, he marched up to what he saw was an old hat, which took an eyeless glance at him, spellbinding him into an unconscious walk for the rest of the way. He seated himself on the stool, breathing deeply as the talking hat was placed on his head. It began to speak after a few moments of thought.[/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]"Hmmm..." it started, "Gazando... a powerful name for a new student. Strong, built, swift, and loyal... a military man? Interesting. I see great things in this mind of yours. Difficult to read from such a strong willpower, but great things indeed, and... what's this?! I'm feeling a trace of relativity with another student I sorted nearly a century ago. Draco... Malfoy? Are you familiar with the name? I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't, but he was in Slytherin house, which has been a most successful house indeed. They won the house cup several consecutive years in some periods, but I don't sense any snake-like traits in you. No... you are a pure one, I'll tell you that. You deserve to be placed where no one will judge you of your guilty pleasures if you have any, but I won't spoil that for you. Let's put you in............. [i]Hufflepuff[/i]!"[/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]Sighing in relief, he stood up without effort to head down to the Hufflepuff table, where he found someplace to sit for the start of the feast which was yet to begin.[/font]

[quote name='serus' timestamp='1313193210' post='5437507']
A boy with dark brown hair and a inocent looking face walked in
'is there a free space?' he asked looking around spoting one next to a girl. He led his small wolf cub into the cabin and sat down, trying to start a conversation he said 'hi im serus... serus haralain and you are' with a slight british accent.
[/quote]
[[Umm.... did you even fill out an application?]]

[font=courier new, courier, monospace]"Featherpot, Lucifer!"[/font]

[font=courier new, courier, monospace]He stood up. Clenching his Teddy Bear, he slowly walked forward. His clothing stuck to him, and he shivered. His teeth chattered. "W-well, let's get this over with. Sorting Hat, do your worst." The hat sorted around his head. He actually spoke softly, "Ravenclaw? No, he may have intelligence, but wit isn't his forte at all. Slytherin? Nah. Not much Cunning in this one. Plus, he's a Half-Blood, the founder of that House never did Trust those kinds." Lucifer was flabbergasted, and insulted about that last comment. [/font]

[font=courier new, courier, monospace]His parent's schools were already eliminated from his possibilities. All of his siblings went to those schools. He was sure Ravenclaw was his destiny. "Aha! I have made my decision. Featherpot, which I feel a little bravery coming from, is of the school of [color=#ff0000]Gryffindor!![/color]" Lucifer went wide-eyed, but then he shrugged and walked to the table of Gryffindor.[/font]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Izzy was only half paying attention to the sortings after her, the only times she wanted to listen was when it was a name she recognized from the train. She looked up when Alexander went up. He was the one who liked to paint, and had asked Ellie if he could paint her. Izzy raised an eyebrow when the sorting hat placed him in Ravenclaw. She was sure he would be placed in Hufflepuff or Gryffindor. Guess she was wrong. Just like Lucifer was wrong about not being placed in Gryffindor. Izzy didn't give Lucifer another look after that and instead tuned in too Alexander who just greated the entire table with a "hello"[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Izzy chuckled slightly, "Quite enthusiastic aren't you Alexander?" Izzy smirked at Alexander, fixing the dark tie around her neck and gave a head bow to a few other 1st, and possibly 2nd, year girls making them giggle. "Such simple things one can do to get on another's good side." Izzy shook her head. [/font][/size]

[quote]
A boy with dark brown hair and a inocent looking face walked in
'is there a free space?' he asked looking around spoting one next to a girl. He led his small wolf cub into the cabin and sat down, trying to start a conversation he said 'hi im serus... serus haralain and you are' with a slight british accent.
[/quote]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3](This is the only time I'll make an OoC post, but, I must tell you that you need an application, found on the OoC thread, before you can post in this thread, and even then, I don't think you'll be accepted anyway, given your grammar. Try and post again and I'll have you reported...)[/size][/font]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Alend greeted Ellie with a smile, "Quite exciting, right?" he said while his smile pulled up to a grin. "Never thought it do be like this" He said while he admired the great hall with amazement, "it's truly awesome". He lowered his gaze to Ellies, "I'm a bit too enthusiastic, isn't I?" he said chuckling a bit. Alend glanced to the Slytherins beside him and just as he thought they were eyeing Ellie with the same amazement Alend had over the Great Hall. Alend covered a smile, [i]they'll get over it, it'll just take some time [/i]he thought with amusement. [/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Ellie [i]knew[/i] that everyone was staring at her; the Sorting Hat [i]had[/i] just announced to the entire hall that she was half-Veela! She too glanced around the hall, also amazed by the enchanted ceiling and the sheer scale and grandeur of the ancient school. Admittedly, she [i]was[/i] disappointed that Alexander was in Ravenclaw, but there was something about Alend that also reassured her about the hat's choice. He seemed like a decent fellow, after all, and so far, not as Slytherin-like as some could get.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]"You're not the only one," she answered Alend. "I think everything is jolly exciting, and definately worth being enthusiastic about." She tried to ignore her growling stomach as she spoke, but then moved onto that subject. "I'm starving - you would have thought we'd be full from all those Chocolate Frogs and Frizzing Whizzbes we had on the train, but here I am complaining that I'm hungry. I hope we get to eat soon..." So far, the empty plates and jugs were not reassuring her that they would get food anytime soon.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Rose was sitting at the end of the table by himself. He didn't have a big problem with it, he supposed. He was also thinking about how the two girls he'd fallen for were now in Slytherin and Ravneclaw, the houses with the notoriously worst reputations. He hoped they wouldn't become mean toward him. He didn't think he could take it...[/font][/size]

[font=courier new]He then looked around the rest of the Great Hall, taking everything in. He noticed that, by a slight margin, the House of Hufflepuff actually had noticeably fewer members than the others. He sighed with no particular emotion behind it and began to sit with his head down on the table.[/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Alexander nodded at Izzy's question and then looked around at the other tables. The other five that rode in the same cabin as him had been placed. Izzy was in Ravenclaw, Rose and Zant in Hufflepuff and Ellie and Alend in Slytherin. He waved to Ellie, which caused an older Slytherin boy to point at him and whisper something to his friend, then they both laughed. Alexander didn't notice, and instead turned to Izzy and the other Ravenclaw students.[/size][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]"Will we be having classes alone or will we be with students from other houses too?" He knew it was a rather stupid question as there wasn't a lot of Ravenclaw first years, and neither were there in any other house, but he wanted to be sure.[/size][/font]

A boy, a seventh year from Slytherin, walked up to Lucifer. "Luci. Never in my mind did I think you would go to..." His hand clenched on Lucifer's shoulder as he said this word: "Gryffindor." He turned to him. "Chris, it wasn't my choice. Plus, remember. I was different from you guys. Your my brother. You should support me. Besides, all the older brothers went to Ravenclaw, and you went to Slytherin." Chris put two fingers on his own nose, and pinched it. "But, neither of our parents really ever showed any aspects of Gryffindor. AT ALL. At least, you didn't go to Hufflepuff." Lucifer shrugged. "You don't sound really supportive of my School." Chris smiled. "But i'm not trying to be supportive at all."

(Chris, unless you want him to, really won't show up again. If you want him to show up as a Villain or something, then so be it.)

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Izzy chuckled slightly at Alexander when he attepted to wave at Ellie, though the chuckle turned into miniscule shock when she heard he didn't know how the classes would be run. "It's seems that not everyone is as well informed as I initially thought. All classes, unless stated otherwise for some strange reason will have two different houses in them. The combination of houses is primarily up to the Headmaster, however, from what I heard from my family, he usually places rival houses in the same classroom. I assume it is to create a sort of healthy scholastic competition between the two. They want their house to do better than their "rivals" house so they will try harder to get better grades and more house points. However, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff rarely get mixed up in house rivalries, and when they do they almost always side with the Gryffindors rather than the Slytherins. As to who Ravenclaw will have their classes with is beyond me. It could be any one of the other houses."[/font][/size]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]"That makes sense, I guess..." Alexander looked at the empty plates on the table and tried to control his yelling belly. "Sorry for asking so many questions, even though I'm a so-called 'half-blood' I don't know jack about this place. You see my mother is a muggle and my father is a squib-"[/size][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]"But doesn't muggles and squibs get muggle children?" A 4th year girl said, but her friend, another 4th year, this one a boy, told her that it was unusual fro muggles and squibs to get magic children, but it happens.[/size][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]"Anyway." Alexander continued. "My father had given up all hopes about being accepted in the magical world and didn't tell either me or my mother about the rest of his family. He was as shocked as me when he found out about my abilities."[/size][/font]

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Izzy raised a brow at Alexander. So by technicality he barely had the blood of a wizard. Quite a surprise that he was even chosen to come to Hogwarts. "I see, well do not fret, for you will not be the only 1st year that will be confused. Since we are in the same house, I would be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have. Of course only if I myself know the answer." She said smirking slightly at Alexander. Looking back at the 1st years yet to be sorted she was noticing the group becoming smaller and smaller. Soon everyone will be sorted and they could finally eat some food.[/font][/size]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]"What's so funny?" Ellie snapped at the Slytherins that had laughed. She pulled an angry face (even if she wasn't feeling that) and the same people immediately recoiled back, afraid of the consequences; anybody who knew about Veelas knew that they were nothing but hell to deal with when they got angry. "That boy is my friend, and nobody is allowed to laugh at him!"[/size][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Now that she had finished telling them off, she turned back to the Ravenclaw table, and when she espied Alexander looking her way, she beamed apologetically at him and waved back. Her stomach rumbled again, and she clasped her other hand over it; if only there were food! She didn't care about classes right now - it was food she wanted![/size][/font]

As Luke sat at his table, he looked around. He turne around and noticed that there was an empty spot next to him. THen, he heard a shout across the hall. "GRYFFINDOR!" A girl looked around the Grryfindor table, looking for a spot. Lukas stood up and offered the seat next to him. The girl sat down next to him. "Thanks. I was afraid I would have to stand. My name is Jenny. WHat's yours?" The girl said to Luke. "Luke. My name's Luke. Were you suprised when the hat put you in Gryffindor?" The girl shook her head. "No, not really. Both of my parents were Gryffindors." Luke's face darkened a little bit. "What's wrong?" Jenny asked, concerened. "Nothing, I'll tell you later." Jenny and Luke continued to talk, waiting for everyone to be finished being sorted.

"Well, I was. I'm Lucifer Featherpot. My parents were of Ravenclaw and Slytherin, and all of my brothers went to Ravenclaw, except one who is still here, who is in Slytherin. Now, i'm in Gryffindor. My brother even came over and personally told me." He hid his Teddy Bear, and looked. "Either way, what I am worrying about is food. The question all first years must be thinking: When shall we eat? From what i've heard from my parents and siblings, the people ramble, then the food appears on the Table magically or something." His mouth is watering either way.

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]When the last first year was sorted, Fordrick sighed, rolled up the scroll, picked up the Sorting Hat, and returned to his seat. While he returned to his seat, an old woman wearing green came up to the front; standing before an eagle shaped pedastall, she began to speak, "I know all of you wish to begin the feast, but it is customary for the Headmistress to adress the pupils and inform them about any changes that have come to pass..."[/size][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]"This year will remain mostly the same, First Years running about, Seventh Years preparing for their final N.E.W.Ts, that sort of thing. However, one of two changes that have occured here at Hogwarts is the arrival of our new Potions Master, Professor Horatio." the brown haired man who sat next to Professor Longbottom, presumably Horatio, waved to the students, before the Headmistress carried on, "The second change that has occured is the Forbidden Forest is now out of bounds to all students, even those who would occasionally go there to study Care of Magical Creatures." some students yelled in protest before they were interrupted by the Headmistress. [/size][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]"The reason for this, is that pets have gone missing, and some students have claimed to see a large silhouette moving in the Forest, and until the problem is solved, no-one is to enter the Forests..." [/size][/font][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]as she returned to her seat, food of all different kinds magically appeared out of thin air, much to the amasement of a few First Years. [/size][/font][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]After all the food had been eated, the Prefects lead the students up the staircase and into their repective dorms, where they unpacked their luggage, and fell asleep...[/size][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]...[/size][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]The next day, in the Great Hall, brekfast was being served, only one member of staff appeared for this part of the day, as most of them were preparing lessons for the students. The only one here was the Divination teacher, Professor Trelawney, though she seemed to care much more about her Crystal Ball than the students themselves; because of this, the tables were filled with students of different houses interacting, something that rarely happened in Hogwarts, though Ravenclaw Prefect Rick Infignus believed that this would occur more often if Trelawney kept coming.[/size][/font]

Archived