‡≡WWE Universe of YCM≡‡

CMRenji

[quote name='Stone Cold Loki' timestamp='1351438233' post='6055575']
I'd rather see the Rock vs. the Undertaker, considering it was about to happen, but it ended up being a Lumberjack match appointed by McMahon and never really followed through on being an actual match.

The Rock vs. Brock rematch is another match people are itching to see, because, again, the two faced off in earlier days and Brock one, but with the new and improved Dwayne, it would be a refreshing image to see them duke out one last time.

What's left is the Undertaker vs. John Cena in an "I quit". I know, the idea sounds a bit lame and predictable, but the match certainly wouldn't be. Basically, we'd have John Cena, whom says he would never quit (and usually never does). And then you have the Undertaker, whose streak is still undefeated. So with either result, the match would be revolutionary.

Brock vs. Taker is another good rematch idea, cause while Brock won against him in a hate-on-hate match while Taker had the American Badass gimmick, facing Taker with his streak on the line would be a different story.
[/quote]

I can fully see Brock vs Taker at Mania. There was footage of them at a UFC event once where Taker (and Mrs Michelle Taker if I remember right) were there as fans and OOC and Brock came down and they had a bit of a moment. Plus given how Brock left saying he had nothing left to conquer after defeating Triple H, well Taker's streak is something for anyone to conquer, and Taker is regarded as 'the best striker in the game' against Lesnar who bloodied up cena on his second show back in such epic fashion, it would be a great fight to see.

Plus the WWE benefits because Undertaker can, despite having a blood and thunder match, justifiably keep his streak and Lesnar will be okay with taking a loss, massive pay cheque and leaving without a future career to think about. It's not like he's the future and needs catapulting by doing it. If anything that unfortunatley makes an epic match on paper a predictable result to the rational, observant veiwer, compared to say a Taker vs Dolph or a Taker vs Punk the following year, where I'd be thinking 'oh my what if Dolph/Punk actually beat him?' They'd be catapulted into the stratosphere forever.

Yeah, that's my two cents.

Here's the confrontation I was talking about from two years ago... no sound I'm afraid.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL9Fa6LXxwk&feature=related[/media]

If looks could kill...

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is that most of the roster isn't over like the old superstars. The only person who really is over is Cena, and a lot of the young adults want to see him lose every match. They bring back the old-timers to help make Wrestlemania exciting and to make money.

WWE is a product now. It exists to make money. It is traded on Wall Street. Because of the Attitude Era and the events of certain real life horrors (Benoit and Eddie's deaths for example), they have to do what they are doing.

I don't know how many more matches Taker will have. Is it even possible to top his match from this year?

As for an "I Quit" match, bad idea in this case. Taker isn't around much enough to begin with, so it doesn't have much impact on him. Not that he'd lose anyway. As for John Cena losing there, that doesn't make sense either, because he is now on a break from major events. They need Cena to keep his job because (like it or not) he is the current face of WWE. His gimmick is whack and all that, but there is no one who works harder than that guy. That and the fact that kids love him are the reason that you are going to see him carrying the WWE for the next 5 or more years from here.

That said, they need to get other people over. In a few years, all of the old-timers will be too old to fight. Kane, Big Show, and Jericho will all be gone. The show can't just be Orton, Cena and Punk fighting each other and then the rest be crap. So, maybe the older members should pass the torch to people like Ryback or Ziggler or Bryan who have the potential to go far.

Oh, and WWE should fire half of their creative staff. That's the biggest problem right now. The writing is bullshit right now. 6 baboons could plan out vignettes better than those guys.

[quote name='GodWynn' timestamp='1351440282' post='6055599']
Oh, and WWE should fire half of their creative staff. That's the biggest problem right now. The writing is bullshit right now. 6 baboons could plan out vignettes better than those guys.
[/quote]

Ch'yeah, no kidding. [i]I[/i] could write a better screenplay than those guys.

What the show needs is to revive some elements from the Attitude Era. Bring back the old "heel manager vs. rebellious ironclad" deal to get the crowd going. And like you said, give some superstars, that can actually wrestle, a push. I've always wanted Drew McEntyre to be over, but what do they do with him? Put him in a lame-ass band gimmick with Mahal and Slater. I mean REALLY? If it were me, I'd build him up to face and turn Sheamus heel like he used to be, then when the time is right, I'd set up a clash that unleashes a rivalry between the two and have an Irish vs. Scottish ordeal.

[quote name='Stone Cold Loki' timestamp='1351441230' post='6055620']

What the show needs is to revive some elements from the Attitude Era. Bring back the old "heel manager vs. rebellious ironclad" deal to get the crowd going. And like you said, give some superstars, that can actually wrestle, a push. I've always wanted Drew McEntyre to be over, but what do they do with him? Put him in a lame-ass band gimmick with Mahal and Slater. I mean REALLY? If it were me, I'd build him up to face and turn Sheamus heel like he used to be, then when the time is right, I'd set up a clash that unleashes a rivalry between the two and have an Irish vs. Scottish ordeal.[/quote]

Now, you guys know the current set of stars a lot better than I do. So, you'd have to tell me who deserves a push and who isn't worth it.

Anyway, didn't they try "heel manager vs rebellious ironclad" already with Laurinitis and Punk?

[quote name='Stone Cold Loki' timestamp='1351441230' post='6055620']

What the show needs is to revive some elements from the Attitude Era. Bring back the old "heel manager vs. rebellious ironclad" deal to get the crowd going. And like you said, give some superstars, that can actually wrestle, a push. I've always wanted Drew McEntyre to be over, but what do they do with him? Put him in a lame-ass band gimmick with Mahal and Slater. I mean REALLY? If it were me, I'd build him up to face and turn Sheamus heel like he used to be, then when the time is right, I'd set up a clash that unleashes a rivalry between the two and have an Irish vs. Scottish ordeal.
[/quote]

[img]http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/john-laurinaitis-is-back-650x369.jpg[/img]

Because that worked in that regard.

All McIntyre has got is aggression, and not much else. He was all right when he started in his McMahon's pet role, but if he was released tomorrow I wouldn't think twice about it.

Wynn: Ziggler (MitB holder who has said he will cash in tonight - the only thing the WC match has got going for it), Bryan (is hilarious with Kane), Sandow (would just be an amazing heel in a JBL kinda way), Ryder, Kidd, Miz (if he'd just get good again, he is great on the mic but recently he's been awful in ring), Cesaro seems impressive.

Is...he really coming back? You're joking, right?
*looks it up*...Nope, I guess you're not. Damn.

Anyway, Cesaro has gotten SO much more badass without Aksana, and with the new theme. Never really cared for his promos of shunning American society, though.

I agree that Tyson Kidd should get a push, cause let's face it, he's not all that bad in the ring as well as on the mic. Same with Gabriel. Not sure if his victory over Cesaro was supposed to be a push, but his high-flying skills for a middle-class superstar are pretty impressive.

I'm also gonna try and support Micheal McGillicutty, given that he had a match with Kofi to promote the Miz vs. Kofi match at Hell in the Cell. Micheal, if anything, is pretty damn aggressive in the ring. He actually sounds intimidating when he taunts Kofi and he follows through with painful-looking blows.

As for Ryder...he used to be a big thing during Kane's "Embrace the Hate" arc, but now he's just the Youtube sensation superstar that he always was with all the young teenaged girls as his fandom.

Not really sure what else to mention, but I'm pretty sure there are much more ideas out there. We'll just have to see what pans out, be it with or without the old superstars.

[quote name='GodWynn' timestamp='1351443142' post='6055654']
didn't they try "heel manager vs rebellious ironclad" already with Laurinitis and Punk?
[/quote]

Poorly, yes. By poorly I mean not at all like they pulled it off with Stone Cold and McMahon. Cena didn't even touch the guy until Over the Limit. I mean, is it too much to ask to see a little more of the "cement in the car" thing or the "frying pan to the head"? It may sound too canon to do again, but that doesn't mean they can't get creative with it, right?

[spoiler=Since the PPV is done, I might as well show the results.][b]CM Punk vs. Ryback - WWE Championship: [/b]Of course Punk won. What else would you expect from WWE? I mean come on; the story is pretty straight forward: the Rock made it clear that he was going to go after the title and only while Punk holds it. It was pretty predictable that yet another PPV would be screwed over to have Punk keep the title longer until the Royal Rumble, especially when he's face-to-face with an invincible beast such as Ryback. But as Wynn stated, Ryback is too soon debuted to be a main-eventer. As my opinion goes, CM Punk needs to shut his f*cking trap and act like a champion, not a greedy child. I honestly don't mind Ryback losing because he never really lost. Punk just cheated as usual and will continue to be the arrogant hypocrite that he is. But I'm sure that won't stop Ryback from whipping him and dolloping his ass on his ice-cream sundae. >=D

[b]Sheamus vs. Big Show - World Heavyweight Championship: [/b]This is the one result that I'm actually satisfied with. Big Show f*cking deserved it, especially having been made a fool of for the past several years. Even as a heel, he has better mic skills than Sheamus and follows through with better in-ring dominance, while Sheamus, although being Irish and badass, is just a Brock Lesnar wannabe, which sounds a bit harsh, but that's my opinion. If the guy was heel like he was during the road to WM27 again, he might draw back my attention. But as far as the results go, Big Show will continue to be one of my all-time favorites in the business.

[b]Miz vs. Kofi Kingston - Intercontinental Championship:[/b] Again, yawn. Why must they make the GOOD heel superstars such pushovers? Yeah, sure, everyone loves Kofi. He's so energetic and happy and stuff, bla bla bla yeah- WHERE THE F*CK IS R-TRUTH?! Seriously, R-Truth used to be legit before the whole Little Jimmie gimmick (which is starting to really annoy me) and he was actually funny. But nope, Kofi has the push because he makes a more vibrant appearance in the company. Tsk tsk. A Miz vs. Truth rivalry like before would've been a better sight to see, imo.

[b]Orton vs. Del Rio:[/b] The irony is that these filler matches are actually better than the main events. But they still share the same predictability. To be honest, I was rooting for Del Rio. I actually like the guy. He's a great heel whose accent makes it work well for him. Plus his cross-arm breaker is pretty tactical. But yeah, Orton won and his over status made the crowd throw babies at him. Meh, I really don't care, but with his hair growing back, he's looking more like vintage Orton and might, just might, become the Legend Killer heel he used to be, which would be so awesome...oh, and *nudge nudge* bring back the Barrett x Randy rivalry. ;)

[b]Kane and Bryan vs. Rhodes and Sandow - Tag Team Championship:[/b] This match I actually found either result to be good. I'd have to agree with Sandow when he said that Team Hell No was a bit dysfunctional and it was written in the sand that their bickering would cost them the title. I've said my claim: Team Rhodes Scholars is a tremendous heel tag team alongside the Prime Time Players whom I can actually stand listening to brag about their reign. YOU'RE WELCOME.[/spoiler]

All I'm gonna say is...I can't say I'm surprised by either result. Seeing the results on the page is MUCH more use than wasting $50 and ending up disappointed for the most part.

If I actually wanted to see it, I would wait for tomorrow and just look it up online.

Looks like WWE is going to screw over Ryback now. His character doesn't really have anywhere to go right now but down. This is why WWE needs better story management, especially with ratings sinking so low.

For example, what I would do right now is have Kofi either go up against his best friend Punk (heel vs face) or put them in a new stable and have Punk get Kofi over, work on Kofi's mic skills and then we have another A-list superstar for events. As for Ryback, maybe he should go into a three-way feud with Orton and Del Rio. Ryback starts talking in backstage vignettes about how he rose to the top so quickly, then Orton comes out and says that he was the youngest WWE champion ever and that starts a feud, then Del Rio comes out and talks about how superior he is to the both of them being the rich guy or whatever (think JBL).

These are ideas just off of the top of my head.

[quote name='GodWynn' timestamp='1351484618' post='6056141']
If I actually wanted to see it, I would wait for tomorrow and just look it up online.
[/quote]

I already looked at the results on the WWE website. They're all in the spoiler.

As for those ideas, a Kofi vs. Punk thing would be pretty nice, and the three-way with Orton, Del Rio, and Ryback sounds entertaining as well.

Eh, I'm pretty tired. I'll write more after Raw tomorrow night.

PPV was goodish. Was really unsure about what would happen in Cell match, whether "is Lesnar gonna come out? Is Stone cold gonna come out?" then it's a corrupt ref. K.

Best part about it though was the tag match, and Hell No's backstage segment after, and Sandow for this (dunno if anyone else caught it, but this was brilliant).

https://twitter.com/CaseySilvertron/status/262718669807828992/photo/1

• 4 weeks later...

Only reason WWE has been watchable for me now is because of The Rock and Brock Lesnar.
Attitude Era is, was, and always will be the best time to watch wrestling.
Used to be a manly men's show. Now it's mostly just a little kids show.
......WWE Slam ....oh god.....*shakes head, sighs, and facepalms all at once in disappointment*

I'm pissed cause I couldn't watch RAW this week, which usually isn't a big deal cause I watch it online-

Owait, the full episode wasn't uploaded. Figures. Now I've been bombarded by spoilers looking for it without success. It's not even available to blow $2 on on PSN.

And let me be blunt with you, hulkty: The whole "Attitude era will always be the best" thing is really starting to annoy me. I'm still a fan of the show despite the bad ratings and I'm not ashamed to say it, simply because I find it entertaining in its own rite.

[color=#800080][b]Wow, thought this club was dead. Glad that it's not. And the ppv was ok..ish. Better than Hell in the cell.[/b][/color]

[quote name='Stone Cold Loki' timestamp='1353725756' post='6076573']
And let me be blunt with you, hulkty: The whole "Attitude era will always be the best" thing is really starting to annoy me. I'm still a fan of the show despite the bad ratings and I'm not ashamed to say it, simply because I find it entertaining in its own rite.
[/quote]

[color=#800080][b]Yeah, I think by now we all know how good that era was but this current era, while not the best is still entertaining enough to keep most of the old and the new fan satisfied without alienating one. All those fans who keeps whining how good the old era should just stop watching or put up and try to enjoy what the current state of the company give us.[/b][/color]

[color=#800080][b]And can we get a title match where Punk actually shows how good he is without all this outside interference bullshit. The guy got mad skills and in most of his heel run, he still put on great match but this current run, his match was written so badly. Come on WWE, give us a great WWE title match already, with Punk being a beast. [/b][/color]

[color=#800080][b]Also, a Paul Heyman stable anybody?[/b][/color]

I actually found this controversy rather interesting. New faces are always exciting to be introduced to.

But I doubt they'll get that belt off him any time soon. Even with the heel turn, having presented his goal to beat Bruno's record of 2081 days of holding the title... that sounds like too big of a goal to just take away, especially with how far he's gotten.

[color=#800080][b]Don't get me wrong, I don't want the belt off punk just yet. I just wanted Punk's title defense to be better written, with him actually wrestle to get a pin unlike this past few ppv. His title defense against Jeff Hardy was better even though he was a heel back then and that's what I don't get. Why do the writer thinks that heel champs need to win by favors or dq.

Oh and the tag teams division is finally getting interesting again. They should do the same with the IC and US title.

And need I to repeat myself? A Paul Heyman stable would be interesting with Brock and the NXT guys that beat up Ryback.[/b][/color]

• 2 months later...

You guys still alive out there?

Cause this week's RAW was actually impressive.

Like, REALLY impressive.

The entire episode wasn't all that great, but just the big things.

Firstly, CM Punk b*tching about losing the title and going insane.

Then the Rock stands before the people as a 10 time WWE Champ.

Then Chris Jericho returns. We all know that it ain't a good show without Jericho.

Probably the best on the mic this week from talking trash to the little trio, Dolph, AJ, and Big E.

lol Big E you should know who your threatening. You may be big and tough, but Chris Jericho is the real deal.

As for the ending, I was hoping Heyman was gonna get fired

In fact... I was PLEADING for it to happen

But that's quite alright, because his best client, Brock Lesnar, has returned once again. HERE COMES THE PAIN, MR. MCMAHON. YOU HAD IT COMING.

All of a sudden I'm a heel fanatic, and my mind was blown. Like, I'm actually shaking from actually witnessing Lesnar's music hit WHILE WATCHING IT LIVE.

I MEAN... HOLY SH*T! A MILLION RE-RUNS OF THE EPISODE DOESN'T COMPARE TO WATCHING IT LIVE!

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

You guys still alive out there?

Cause this week's RAW was actually impressive.

Like, REALLY impressive.

The entire episode wasn't all that great, but just the big things.

Firstly, CM Punk b*tching about losing the title and going insane.

Then the Rock stands before the people as a 10 time WWE Champ.

Then Chris Jericho returns. We all know that it ain't a good show without Jericho.

Probably the best on the mic this week from talking trash to the little trio, Dolph, AJ, and Big E.

lol Big E you should know who your threatening. You may be big and tough, but Chris Jericho is the real deal.

As for the ending, I was hoping Heyman was gonna get fired

In fact... I was PLEADING for it to happen

But that's quite alright, because his best client, Brock Lesnar, has returned once again. HERE COMES THE PAIN, MR. MCMAHON. YOU HAD IT COMING.

All of a sudden I'm a heel fanatic, and my mind was blown. Like, I'm actually shaking from actually witnessing Lesnar's music hit WHILE WATCHING IT LIVE.

I MEAN... HOLY SH*T! A MILLION RE-RUNS OF THE EPISODE DOESN'T COMPARE TO WATCHING IT LIVE!

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

Lol at this thread coming back from the dead again.

You were in Las Vegas live. Nice one man. Sounded like a good show to be at just for the first and last 10 minutes.

Anyway, one subject you didn't cover was the Rumble.

Seventeen of us at my mate's watching the Rumble, watching Dolph in the ring calling out Number 2 for the rumble....

'Break the Walls' hits...

Seventeen guys marking out like crazy!!!

Seventeen guys marking out like crazy when Goldust came out. :D

You were in Las Vegas live. Nice one man. Sounded like a good show to be at just for the first and last 10 minutes.

Nonononono

I meant I was watching the show in real time on TV and not finding it on the internet after being bombarded with spoilers.

Me? Go to Las Vegas? Pffffffft.

And yes, Jericho's return was probably the only thing that was worth jumping for joy for.

The Rock becoming Champ was a relief, but not the most exciting thing ever. I mean, he's the Rock, no doubt about it, but still...

And WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE BROCK LESNAR?

Yeah, it's obvious the guy's a dick, but C'MON. He's always been a dick. Damn, I hate all these ignorant haters of badass heel characters. They really set me on edge.

Also... I used to like Dolph as an underrated show-selling attention whore, but now he's just a pussy raining in on everyone's parade (with AJ. *shudders*... oh, and Big E. I guess he's okay.)

And Alberto del Rio FINALLY has his title... and he's face. Not sure what to say about that.

Nonononono

I meant I was watching the show in real time on TV and not finding it on the internet after being bombarded with spoilers.

Me? Go to Las Vegas? Pffffffft.

And yes, Jericho's return was probably the only thing that was worth jumping for joy for.

The Rock becoming Champ was a relief, but not the most exciting thing ever. I mean, he's the Rock, no doubt about it, but still...

And WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE BROCK LESNAR?

Yeah, it's obvious the guy's a dick, but C'MON. He's always been a dick. Damn, I hate all these ignorant haters of badass heel characters. They really set me on edge.

Also... I used to like Dolph as an underrated show-selling attention whore, but now he's just a pussy raining in on everyone's parade (with AJ. *shudders*... oh, and Big E. I guess he's okay.)

And Alberto del Rio FINALLY has his title... and he's face. Not sure what to say about that.

OhIsee...

Jericho to win Elimination Chamber, Dolph to cash in on him immediately, Wrestlemania for the World Title. Calling it now.

Dolph's awesome. His selling is the best in the company and makes others guys look good/half competant. Would like his job of just pashing AJ graphically twice a week though. Not a bad life :P

Rock as champion I think is awful. Especially the prospect of Rock vs Cena II at Mania (and of course III, The Decider, at XXX). I don't want to see the same match 3 Mania's in a row, especially if I do actually go to 30. :( They might as well just promote that match as Rock vs Cena II; Yeah, we lied, but you'll still pay us to watch it again.

Lesnar is awesome. Been wanting him to return for ages.

What to say about face del Rio having a title... that's it awful and only a filler champion til the above happens that plays to the Latino market? Maybe? The best thing about him is Ricardo, he's cool in a not-cool kinda way.

• 1 month later...

Username: Jack Slater

Favorite Wrestler:

Now: Brock Lesnar; Wade Barrett; Antonio Cesaro; Damien Sandow, Dolph Ziggler (sadly Del Rio turned Face)

This Century: Brock Lesnar; Orton (2003 - 2009); HHH (03/04); Taker (as Big Evil)

Attitude: Obviously Austin & Rock

Favorite Brand: Raw

Club Nickname(Be creative!): Jack Slater (is hell of an epic Nickname for a Superstar)

• 2 months later...

Archived