Anime: Subbed or Dubbed?

Fusion X. Denver

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Subbed
    • Dubbed
    • Either

I prefer to watch things in my own language. I mean, it is a matter of preference, but I've seen some pure idiotic bias against English Dubs with almost no backing argument other than, 'Omgz y wood u watch teh st00pid engilsh d9b TEh Japanese langwage is soo kewl and kawaii"

I have no problem with subs if there's no dub, but...

I really hate weeaboos. >____>

Anime is almost never censored.
They don't change dialogue.
No, I really don't think the VA's in Japan are infinitely more talented.

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1322200041' post='5664162']
I prefer to watch things in my own language. I mean, it is a matter of preference, but I've seen some pure idiotic bias against English Dubs with almost no backing argument other than, 'Omgz y wood u watch teh st00pid engilsh d9b TEh Japanese langwage is soo kewl and kawaii"

[/quote]

Well, to be fair there are people who say that people who don't watch dubbed are the idiots, and that the Japanese language is annoying.
I don't hate dubs, I'll watch it if I have to, but I prefer subbed, I honestly can't explain why, but I normally watch the 1st or 1st two episodes dub and sub and 90% of the time I prefer sub.

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1322200041' post='5664162']

Anime is almost never censored.
They don't change dialogue.
No, I really don't think the VA's in Japan are infinitely more talented.
[/quote]

I don't mind either way as long as the dub is good. I usually do watch the sub though, because it seems more natural for the characters to speak Japanese.

I tend to perfer dubbed over subbed largely because your attention isn´t stuck att the bottom reading the subtitles, but it also depends on the quality and the effort put into getting a voice that is more fitting the character (that last part sounds mean towards the subbed ones but eff it)
For example, I perfer the dubb of Hellsing much more than the subbed because the voices fitts the characters much more and on characters that are supposed to be from, example,
Germany like the major, the voice has the needed accent.

In short, it deppends on the quality of the dubb (or if it even exists) if I watch dubbed or subbed
(I think that is pretty much my stand on the dubb vs subb)

[quote name='Alexis Rhodes' timestamp='1322944105' post='5683694']
Subbed, simply because in dubs they take things out.

If nothing was edited just the voices I'd go dubbed.
[/quote]

I'm kind of sick of this misconception. 95% of dubbed anime is uncensored. The only people that edit stuff is 4Kids.

Now go watch dubs.

Archived