DN's hand alogorithim/Playing IRL is better or worse?

I run a card at 3 and never draw it. I run a card at 1 and draw it every game. My opponents constantly topdeck what they want and I never get anything. Explain? BLS either can't do math or DN is bugged, the admins won't fix any of it and instead plug their ears with "olollolool build dek better" I'm not talking about decks, I'm talking about how you draw Solemn Judgment every game. EVERY.DAMN.GAME. It seems like some cards have a higher draw ratio for some unknown reason. Case and point: Solemn Warning. I sort of suggest DN Admins unplug their ears and do something about it -.-

DN just defies maths. I highly doubt DN even has a basic maths program for it. It probably determines if it should screw you over or not. I'd certianly be interesting to see if BLS released the hand/draw code.

anyway, discuss Online playing vs real life play.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Twilight Sparkle' timestamp='1321904270' post='5657255']
Your luck sucks. Last game I used Sangan to add Dandylion to my hand, expecting to use it for 1 for 1 fodder and go Formula. Topdecked Quickdraw and instead went for Nitro/
[/quote]

I went on a 15 win streak, each time my topdecks getting worse. Then lost 4 times in a row even with my topdecks getting better.

wut

I've heard claims that the algorithim is screwy and somehow based on alphabetical order or something. I honestly don't know how the shuffle code works, but if it's not random and is actually some weird pattern, it explains a lot while being REALLY weird.

Random number generator and random shuffle of an array is one of the more basic programming exercises one learns. Many languages have it as a very simple function with just a few lines of code. Therefore, I find it slightly unlikely that a more complex, faulty version was used in place of a randomizer.

However, I will note that my Rabbit deck VERY consistently opens with Rabbit and/or Tour Guide. Not every time, but often enough to the point where I'm amused and pity my opponent.

[quote name='Thunder End Dragon' timestamp='1321904544' post='5657265']
Not quite hand, but once I used Ryko, and managed to mill 3 tengu's. That's just bad coicidence.
And yeah, I play some cards in decks, never draw them.... change them... always draw the changes > :(
[/quote]

DN has had a messed up alogorithim for a while.
Like they gave solemn warning some idiotic draw priority it seems.
I almost always draw it
not that I mind, It just HAPPENS.

[quote name='Shard' timestamp='1321904384' post='5657257']
I went on a 15 win streak, each time my topdecks getting worse. Then lost 4 times in a row even with my topdecks getting better.

wut
[/quote]

That's RNG for ya. Seriously, that's what it is. The numbers simply don't agree with you.

[quote name='Twilight Sparkle' timestamp='1321904777' post='5657278']
I should ply my 60 CTH and keep track of all the hands I get.
[/quote]

I might note down my hands, too. See if I can see any patterns.

and I just realised your avi is ragna, lol

100 Games should be enough, should I also put the result down too?

In any case, I prefer playing Online.

+ More opponents
+ More cards, including OCG only
+ Cheaper
+ More Deck

vs RL

- Harder to find opponents
- Lower cardpool, limited to wat you actually have
- Uber expensive to get money cards
- Getting specific cards can be a nightmare, and you can't usually play different decks on a whim

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1321905049' post='5657290']
In any case, I prefer playing Online.

+ More opponents
+ More cards, including OCG only
+ Cheaper
+ More Deck

vs RL

- Harder to find opponents
- Lower cardpool, limited to wat you actually have
- Uber expensive to get money cards
- Getting specific cards can be a nightmare, and you can't usually play different decks on a whim
[/quote]

My thoughts on the given topic exactly.

As for your luck... shut up. It's coincidence. I for one haven't ever noticed drawing or topdecking any cards consistently or inconsistently (my bitching about in the YCM legends about Gate was just a joke and overexaggerating, odds were against it) and the system seems entirely at random. I actually prefer DN's shuffle compared to real life, since it's an entirely random shuffle and you can't pseudo-stack combo cards together.

Note:

[quote name=The Detonator]Provide statistical evidence that the shuffler is skewed and we can take the thread seriously. [/quote]

If you can show, with NUMBAHZ, that certain cards have a significantly higher chance of being drawn, that will mean the algorithm is messed up. If not, shut up.

Because I never have problems with it. I get a bad hand occasionally, but it never slows me down. It's always different; never once have I drawn the same hand. IRL, shuffling tends to give me the same results, since when I'm not dueling, I organize my deck by alphabet. I'm just kind of OCD about it.

[quote name='Evil Tristan' timestamp='1321906566' post='5657325']
We're given a free, download-less, constantly updated Yugioh simulator... and all some people can do is b**** about it...
[/quote]

Shard has a stick up his nether area 24/7, the hell do you except him to do?

Honestly, in all fairness, YGO Online's Deck Drawing/Shuffling system is WAAAYYY worse than DN's. I once played PoD which revealed a Salvage, Salvage, and Evigishki Soul Ogre. I add Soul Ogre to hand (which at this point shuffles the Deck). I then play Hand Destruction, getting rid of my Ceremonial Mirror and Soul Ogre.

Guess what two cards I drew.

[quote name='Evil Tristan' timestamp='1321906566' post='5657325']
Am I the only one that notices:

We're given a free, download-less, constantly updated Yugioh simulator... and all some people can do is b**** about it...
[/quote]
You're not alone. I think people exaggerate when they lose or have to blame something because losing is so unacceptable. Maybe DN doesn't shuffle weird, but you do irl?

Archived