DN's hand alogorithim/Playing IRL is better or worse?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basic JAVA shuffler for Deck objects:

[CODE]
public void shuffleDeck(Card[] theDeck){
int[] shuffleOrder = new int[theDeck.length];
for(int i = 0; i < theDeck.length; i++){
int temp = (int) (Math.random() * theDeck.length);
if(!isThere(shuffleOrder, temp){
ShuffleOrder[i] = temp;
}else
i--;
}
for(int i = 0; i < theDeck.length; i++){
theDeck[i] = theDeck[shuffleOrder[i]];
}
}

public boolean isThere(int[] nums, int sNum){
for(int i = 0; i < nums.length; i++){
if(nums[i] == sNum){
return true;
}
}
return false;
}
[/CODE]

It's that easy. Though I can't vouch how pseudo-random Math.random() is.
This took me about 15 minutes to draw up.

So, basically, Shard's bitching that he gets good hands.

...*face-chainsaw*

Anyways, online all the way. Playing IRL has no advantages over online, unless you play for serious. The thing is, 95% of YCM plays just for fun. And geez, people ned to stop bitching at DN. It has lots of flaws, but it's a solid, download-less dueling simulator. Jesus. At least it's not YGON.

[quote name='-Makoto-' timestamp='1321954753' post='5658842']
So, basically, Shard's bitching that he gets good hands.

...*face-chainsaw*

Anyways, online all the way. Playing IRL has no advantages over online, unless you play for serious. The thing is, 95% of YCM plays just for fun. And geez, people ned to stop bitching at DN. It has lots of flaws, but it's a solid, download-less dueling simulator. Jesus. At least it's not YGON.
[/quote]

I was extremely mad about my 15 win streak getting broken not by someone playing a good deck or even playing that well, Just I got a bad hand and was like "¬_¬" I'm prone to getting pissed off easily, just sayin'

[quote name='Shard' timestamp='1321967221' post='5658939']
I was extremely mad about my 15 win streak getting broken not by someone playing a good deck or even playing that well, Just I got a bad hand and was like "¬_¬" I'm prone to getting pissed off easily, just sayin'
[/quote]
1 bad hand in 16 games and you q.q ?

[quote name='Shard' timestamp='1321967221' post='5658939']
[/quote]

You shouldn't get bothered by "win streaks" being broken. I've gone on day-long LOSING streaks before for various reasons: Bad hands, opponent godhands, bad matchups, misplays, topdecks, you name it.

Bad hands will happen eventually. It may happen repeatedly. It may annoy you, but RL is just as prone, if not more prone, to this.

[quote name='-Venser el Transeúnte-' timestamp='1321929440' post='5658399']
I drew into triple [size=6][b]Sparkman[/b][/size] [size=6]opening hand[/size]...

[size=6][b]5 times in a row[/b][/size]...

Talking about ridiculous hands...XD

And only a 35% of my deck is monsters...

So yeah I must be the unluckiest man ever...XD
[/quote]

I appel to say that MY EXAMPLE is a good example of bullshit happening...

(Winning Strikes not so much as I won a couple of those but)

[quote name='Welche' timestamp='1321917366' post='5657880']

If there is NO way you could have gotten those hands IRL you are cheating :/
[/quote]

So shuffling the f*** out of the deck IS cheating??? I'll add that to the tip note then :/

That aside I too hate disorganized order in decklist but I can seem to see it did affect the shuffle and prolly explained why a tier 1.5/2 deck been going on 35 winning streak in the row till this format.

[quote name='Welche' timestamp='1321997039' post='5659713']
No, but if you shuffle your deck to make it random then it's possible to get any combination of cards in the deck no matter what.
[/quote]

But you saying not able to get bad hand at all is cheating :/ you didn't say to aside from massive shuffling or switch players shuffling

[quote name='Welche' timestamp='1321997771' post='5659736']
No, I said if there is no way you could get those hands in real life, you aren't shuffling your deck randomly because if it's random any combination is possible. Don't even try and bend my words.
[/quote]

What words? You finally able to explain all there is so now there can be less confusion. :3

Archived