DN's hand alogorithim/Playing IRL is better or worse?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Yankee' timestamp='1321909435' post='5657495']
I've heard that if you rearrange all the cards in your deck on the deck creation screen (Just go crazy and put them all in random spots in your deck), the drawing in duels will be a little more balanced.
[/quote]
That's what I do, it helps a lot. Try mixing up your monsters, spells, and traps. Extra and Side don't matter in terms of order.

[quote name='Yankee' timestamp='1321909435' post='5657495']
I've heard that if you rearrange all the cards in your deck on the deck creation screen (Just go crazy and put them all in random spots in your deck), the drawing in duels will be a little more balanced.
[/quote]
But doesn't that apply to real life, too? So it is being realistic.

[quote name='PikaPerson01' timestamp='1321912780' post='5657672']
The only people who complain about getting worse "luck" in online programs are the guys who stack and cheat IRL.
[/quote]
I don't play IRL

My luck is terrible =/

OT: When I play Verz Rabbit, I open at least 2/6 vanillas every duel. It's annoying =/

I say online is better cause cheap

[quote name='Shard' timestamp='1321912948' post='5657680']
Say that when you draw a hand of 3 duality and 2 warning.

yea, that's happened.
[/quote]
I drew 3 Tour Guide and 2 Tengu. Draw phase, third Tengu.

On-topic: I still stand by what I said. The only people who complain are the people who cheat. A much larger percentage of the time it is random. It's just most people remember the weird and WTF hands over the actual playable hands.

I have the suspicion that these shuffle algorithms like on DN and DMG actually [i]shuffle[/i] rather than simply assigning each card a random position in some kind of array or something (idk I know nothing about this kind of stuff).

I have noticed that I tend to draw either mostly monsters or no monsters, so there may be some kind of problem with the algorithm, but the fact is all these situations are numerically possible.

IRL vs DN has both good and bad sides.

IRL: seems a lot better because communication comes across easier. If DN had some sort of microphone button, I would play a lot more. On the other hand, I barely duel irl. I have a few friends who play, but there's no tourney shop where I live.

DN: You can play anyone in the world who has internet access. I'd agree, it's probably not random as far as drawing and shuffling.

[quote name='Poison Love' timestamp='1321916936' post='5657865']
I've gone sevral duels without trying into my Warnings or my Judgments, although i do admit sometimes i'm given s*** hands that theres no way i could have got irl and i've seen it happen to other people but it's all fair game as far as im concearned.
[/quote]

If there is NO way you could have gotten those hands IRL you are cheating :/

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1321918193' post='5657915']
DN's hand alogorithm is the same as Wc08.
I'm dead serious.

...Also, how did this get to 3 pages?
[/quote]

>reminds you of the Eisbahn thread

...how in the world could you ninja me on this one?

But still, from now on, I'll call this "Shard Syndrome".

Archived