Official Trade topic and Official Card Pull topic. Do we really need them?

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1322174967' post='5663274']
But if people really cared about trade worth they could go to online stores and compare prices themselves. All that topic does is hand that workload to others.
[/quote] Except online stores are stupid sometimes.

[quote name='-Makoto-' timestamp='1322175529' post='5663316']

That's why I keep asking myself why is she even a mod.
[/quote]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/WR2ph.gif[/img]

Nah but seriously, I didn't see it. I didn't see anything about it in the status bar and I didn't get any PMs. Problem officer?

On-topic: seems like the overwhelming response is to ditch the Card Pull topic. So then... focus primarily on Trade Topic? Y/N?

The trade topic is ok. I helps me for non-concreted-yet trades.
The card pulling is not really helpful. The only reason I can think for it to stay is to lure newbs there who don't read the rules and don't know it's forbidden to make a topic every time you pull a shiny card. I'm sure we would have 10x the ammount of those topics if the "official" one wasn't there at the start of the page...

Re: Sticking YCM Legends

A thought occurs! Why?

... Not that I dislike that byakk feller, nor do I dislike the people on YCM (allegedly) but... well, if I stick YCML, I'm sure some people will wonder why not stick other people's tournaments as well.

So... tl;dr - Why YCML over any other tournament in this section?

[quote name='PikaPerson01' timestamp='1322178301' post='5663487']

A thought occurs! Why?

... Not that I dislike that byakk feller, nor do I dislike the people on YCM (allegedly) but... well, if I stick YCML, I'm sure some people will wonder why not stick other people's tournaments as well.

[/quote]

It's pointless to sticky the current one, because it's almost over. Otherwise, it would be mostly because it was made much larger than others and started as a Swiss tournament, prolonging it, rather than most tournaments being small, single elimination tournies that take a couple hours or day tops. This one lasted all month.

And if people plan to make another one, that could prompt a sticky request for the new thread (it'd have to be new because each can easily get 40-70 pages in a couple weeks, and organizing multiple tournaments of that size in one thread would be insane). But that could become an entirely different debate as to whether that thread should be hosted in TCG at all, if it's going to be so huge by nature.

OT: I personally dont use either Trade or Pull topics because I've felt neither topic contributes much. Pull is just boasting about luck, and I have trouble believing anyone genuinely cares what cards you pulled from a pack. The Trade thread may be a little better in warning people whether they're getting ripped off.

The comparison to the Q+A thread isn't quite the same, though. You could theoretically look up the ruling yourself, but it's also really helpful to be able to ask specific questions and interactions that aren't specifically mentioned in rulings, or getting a better grasp on some of the more complicated rule mechanics, or getting clearer explanations why something is ruled a specific way.

[quote name='PikaPerson01' timestamp='1322178301' post='5663487']

A thought occurs! Why?

[/quote]

because it's larger than most tournaments, [b]actually finishes itself[/b], gets massive positive feedback from the community, and is going to attempt to be consistent as time goes on.

it has more potential than every other tournament on YCM to be an actual "staple" tournament due to having a consistent team to keep everything running on time, and the fact that it's an online tournament done right for once.

I'd assume if you were to ask the community if YCML could be stickied over other tournaments and sort of hold a position as the official YCM tournament, you'd get a majority agreement.

if it were to become an official or staple YCM tournament it would possibly gain more publicity and attract more players, bringing it higher than some 26 person tournament.

not to mention, evilfusion could be the one to manage the threads (idk the extent of what damage control can do, but I'm assuming they can pin topics etc), as he is technically part of the team who runs the thing.

I also think the trade and card pulling topics are a waste.

furthermore, I figure due to everyone's opinion that the card pulling and dn threads should be removed, and replaced with a YCML signup thread (that would be removed when the actual tournament starts), a discussion thread, and a match report thread if possible.

[quote name='Leviair the byakk Dragon' timestamp='1322250018' post='5664990']
because it's larger than most tournaments, [b]actually finishes itself[/b], gets massive positive feedback from the community, and is going to attempt to be consistent as time goes on.

it has more potential than every other tournament on YCM to be an actual "staple" tournament due to having a consistent team to keep everything running on time, and the fact that it's an online tournament done right for once.

I'd assume if you were to ask the community if YCML could be stickied over other tournaments and sort of hold a position as the official YCM tournament, you'd get a majority agreement.

if it were to become an official or staple YCM tournament it would possibly gain more publicity and attract more players, bringing it higher than some 26 person tournament.

not to mention, evilfusion could be the one to manage the threads (idk the extent of what damage control can do, but I'm assuming they can pin topics etc), as he is technically part of the team who runs the thing.

I also think the trade and card pulling topics are a waste.

furthermore, I figure due to everyone's opinion that the card pulling and dn threads should be removed, and replaced with a YCML signup thread (that would be removed when the actual tournament starts), a discussion thread, and a match report thread if possible.
[/quote]

This.

Archived