We need a 3rd Admin. [Currently 75 supporters]

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is rather unlikely that this suggestion will go noticed by either of the existing admins, and one has already spoken on the behalf of both, explaining why a third admin would be inadvisable (see quote last page or so)
Despite this, I feel the need to support anyway.

As a note, YCMaker did come on frequently last Christmas (admittedly it was to hold his raffle, but still)
It is possible he'll do it again, and maybe spare a moment of his time to see this thread, and all the suggestions that have so far been made. And possibly he and Falling Pizza will change their minds and consider appointing a third admin.

It's all theoretical, but we might as well stand be our own decisions as individuals. It matters not that what we won't might never happen. Just that we feel the need to stand alongside others in a campaign for a third admin would possibly be admirable to some.
Hopefully the admins, on that note.

While it's an amusing thought, how would mods going on strike accomplish anything? If the Admins don't even show up much anymore, how would they know if YCM's moderation team let things go to hell?

For that matter, how does this site allegedly earn money?

That said, we do need a new Admin if only so that every suggestion doesn't have the default fact that little, if anything, can actually be done.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1324085494' post='5711790']
While it's an amusing thought, how would mods going on strike accomplish anything? If the Admins don't even show up much anymore, how would they know if YCM's moderation team let things go to hell?
[/quote]
It'd be something if all of YCM's moderators left for a month. Even a week would cause a huge impact. Pretty sure trolls would rain from the sky and rules would go up in flames.
[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1324085494' post='5711790']
For that matter, how does this site allegedly earn money?
[/quote]
There's an advertisement on the top of the forum only guests see, and an advertisement to the left of the card maker everyone sees. With the millions of users of the card maker, YCMaker most likely makes $50-$500 a month.

Support obviously. Although I highly doubt this is going to changes s***, because YCMaker was last on 10 days ago and FP was last active in October, freaking October. So, as I said before this probably won't change anything. There are 2 updates that should've happened at least a month ago.
1) Xyz, we all want them, and they've been out since June, 6 months...
2) The christmas hat on the YCM logo on the top of the screen, as far as I'm aware he has done this every year, and he hasn't this year, nobody really cares about this update but it shows his inactivity indefinitely.

I'm confused as to why this even needed a topic. It's quite obvious there needs to be an active admin. This topic isn't really serving any purpose unless it's actually putting forth names so they could (in some form or another) be put forth to YCMaker so he can make a decision. And that would probably require a resume. Like, an actual job resume.

[quote name='Anger Level' timestamp='1324093493' post='5712079']
It'd be something if all of YCM's moderators left for a month. Even a week would cause a huge impact. Pretty sure trolls would rain from the sky and rules would go up in flames.

There's an advertisement on the top of the forum only guests see, and an advertisement to the left of the card maker everyone sees. With the millions of users of the card maker, YCMaker most likely makes $50-$500 a month.
[/quote]

It wouldn't really matter, as long as some people come to the site or even use the cardmaker, nothing changes for YCMaker.

But basically what Pudding says, I'm all for adding a third admin, but who?:/
*keeps looking at the staff page, but...*

EDIT: That means, don't add me to the list of supporters.

Support I have seen forums with like 20 admins and they are better than a lot of other forums.

[quote name='Chaos Pudding' timestamp='1324177065' post='5714294']
I'm confused as to why this even needed a topic. It's quite obvious there needs to be an active admin. This topic isn't really serving any purpose unless it's actually putting forth names so they could (in some form or another) be put forth to YCMaker so he can make a decision. And that would probably require a resume. Like, an actual job resume.
[/quote]

I think the staff should look at some of the mods and decide to upgrade one of them to admin or look at some members that could fill the spot.Its somewhat showing how many people wanting it by a show of supporters.

[/quote]

Well spoken. I agree with this post 100%

[/quote]

And for those who don't know, this guy knows YCMaker IRL.
So there's a possibility that this could be YCMaker's message for us: Find an Admin for him.
If not, it's still probably the only way we can get an admin promoted >>

[/quote]
You're just grumpy because no one said Chaos for admin. </3

Archived