We need a 3rd Admin. [Currently 75 supporters]

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a few words to say on the nature of sites.

Personally, I have been on forum-oriented sites which have functioned incredibly well with only one or two admins. However, there is a substantial difference between YCM and those sites, mainly that those were populated by anywhere from five to thirty people at most. I don't know the actual number of current members on YCM, but the current list of the number of supporters for this proposition alone is over twice the size of any forum I've ever seen run efficiently by two or fewer admins. There are problems which come up from having large numbers of active members that smaller sites never even see.

What's more, those admins on those sites were incredibly active, posting at the very least once a day. I'm not saying that there aren't reasons, good reasons which would prevent our current website administrators from being active, not by a long shot. What I AM saying is that as a community we need at least one active administrator who understands the workings of the site whom we can contact in the event that there are problems with the mechanics which we do not understand ourselves.

All things considered I must agree that we do need a third admin here on YCM, perhaps even a fourth, to aid with the day to day running of the site. Another possible solution would be to delegate greater amounts of authority and thereby responsibility to the staff of moderators which we currently have. The simple way to sum up what I say is "you have my support."

Greatly support. The current mods are all doing their jobs well while simultaneously respecting the users, but the Christmas stuff needs to come down in light of the fact that they've been up long since Christmas ended... That aside, there does need to be new admins on account of *ducks away from the ban hammer* the sloppy job the current two are doing. In the two years I've been here, not once have I seen YCMaker or Falling Pizza on. I know they got lives, but when you make a sight like this, you need to pay at least SOME attention to the site. They likely forgot about it. So support fully, but I doubt that we'll be able to make a change at all.

This is exactly what I have been preaching, and I do not use that term lightly, for more than six months to an entire f*cking year about.

We need a change in the Admins and Mods (yes I will include them as well)

As most of us have already discussed or even mentioned personally, the Admins here do practically jack sh*t expect for fix something only to break three more. They are like the government in that they make promises, break them, and never really get anything done but for some reason complicate every little thing. Someone before me said that they've seen web sites ran by one/two Administrators but it had no where near the amount of members we have; which I'm certain is over 1000 (lollame9000joke). However we really in reality have zero.

I don't count a Admin, Super Mod, Mod if the last time they logged in was more than a month ago. Let me clarify that. If it is February 2[sup]nd[/sup] and said Admin/Super Mod/Mod has NOT logged in since January 2[sup]nd[/sup] I do NOT COUNT THEM.

So if you haven't logged in in over a year, I do not see any reason why you should be demoted and have your account completely removed. That personally goes with everyone. I know most Mods out there have explained to me, "but that might turn people away from becoming members."

Look, not saying I don't want more people to come in, but if a person hasn't logged in in over a year . . . chances are more than good they ain't coming back. At all. Period. Erasing their accounts will free up space, usernames and all kinds of data we can use.

But back to the Admins. Falling Pizza I can't even count. He hasn't done anything note worthy. YCMaker has done enough and yet still fails. Honestly I think Phantom Roxas or Flame Dragon should be the new Admin. both can do the job and I'm certain everyone would warmly welcome them as the new Admin.

But the real truth is, we need to change not only the Admins, but the Super Mods and Mod rosters as well.

tl;dr? SUPPORT!!!

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1329450559' post='5822006']
This is exactly what I have been preaching, and I do not use that term lightly, for more than six months to an entire f*cking year about.

We need a change in the Admins [b]and Mods[/b] (yes I will include them as well)
[/quote]
I didn't see any justification for this in your little rant, care to explain? I believe the mod team is the best it has been, barring the leave of Marblezone. I make this with as little bias as possible. It's not our fault this forum is having problems. We have very limited powers and cannot get in touch with our admin.

Even if you dislike the Staff it won't really matter, seeing as Mods can't demote other Mods.

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1329450559' post='5822006']
So if you haven't logged in in over a year, I do not see any reason why you should be demoted and have your account completely removed. That personally goes with everyone. I know most Mods out there have explained to me, "but that might turn people away from becoming members."

But back to the Admins. Falling Pizza I can't even count. He hasn't done anything note worthy. YCMaker has done enough and yet still fails. Honestly I think Phantom Roxas or Flame Dragon should be the new Admin. both can do the job and I'm certain everyone would warmly welcome them as the new Admin.

[/quote]

Well, there's another problem with deleting the accounts of people who don't log in after a year. Some people make the account, then are too busy to log on for long periods of time, or they just need a break. Either way, some members might have problems that prevent them from frequneting YCM, so it's unfair to delete accounts after they fail to log in by a certain time. I do however, support that Phantom Roxas or Flame Dragon should be admins, but I'd also like to add Rinne to the list.

[quote name='Crab Helmet' timestamp='1329561352' post='5824319']
That's a good point, we're running notoriously low on usernames.

Wait no we're not and this has absolutely nothing to do with any of the site's big problems why are we even discussing this.
[/quote]

Because we like to go off topic xD
[quote name='Yin' timestamp='1329560928' post='5824315']
Kio-Kun it's more the members who make an account don't post or even make cards, it just parks usernames.
[/quote]

I see what you're saying now, and agree. Also, what about if you IP Banned people who gain too many warnings then delete the accounts? Or is that not possible?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived