We need a 3rd Admin. [Currently 75 supporters]

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if I should say this, but a recent thread in the mod forum was on a similar subject. The issue isn't the fact that we need one, rather the odds of one of the current admins coming on long enough to actually make someone the 3rd admin. Also, as said by other mods, the who is important.

But sure, add my name to the list.

I support, but i dont see what its going to accomplish, and as stated above, the only real way is for all mods to not moderate, ban, warn or delete anything / anybody.

Im sure the place would fall apart but its the only way to properly get the message through, because as of now, it looks like he just has a team of people (mods) doing everything for him for free. (not saying mods should be paid, but that he is basically saying "I have the site, i have my team, im going to just lay back and relax").

Just my opinion :/

I've been on this site a long time, though half of it albiet inactive, and from what I've heard, it's due time for another admin.

I can dig this. Supportnojutsu!~

But, has anyone even bothered to ask, who actually [b]WANTS[/b] to be Admin? I know full well that the position can't be taken by just anybody, but I haven't heard a single person yet saying they actually want to/wouldn't mind/the equivalent thereof. If no one actually wants to, it's kinda not gonna happen. o.o

EDIT: except EvilTristan. XD

Perhaps we should ask around for people who want to be admin (mod or otherwise), and ask them to list the qualities they have that would make them a good admin. Programming knowledge, fairness, that jazz.
If we manage to create a list, the mods can take the list to the mod forums and discuss who they think will do best.
The people they choose (possibly more than one) would be contacted, and their names would be put forward to YCMaker himself. How long it takes for him to realize we contacted him depends on him.
He can consider it.

Only if everyone thinks its a good idea.

[quote name='JadenxAtemYAOI' timestamp='1324263360' post='5716488']
So is it Warheit that knows YCMaker IRL? I know him irl too but...rather not talk to him, lol..
[/quote]
[b]No one cares.[/b]

Anyway, is there a way mods can hide their activity? I've had a warning from YCMaker and it's not one of those crappy auto-decrease things.

Jaden, for the love of god. Do not mention someone's personal details unless it's KNOWINGLY public. As in they've said it themselves, given expressed permission to others in some minute way or otherwise. The only reason we know his is because someone decided to poke around at the right time. So do not repeat it, and do not make mention of it.

Also, in regards to this. I'm wholly indifferent. I simply want some features to the cardmaker added and it given a new redesign stuff (xyz's included). Little else concerns me. Using alternate sites or methods is not a solution to me, it should be an option only. And we came here originally for the cardmaker (or at least most of you should have), same with me and I stayed for it.

[right][size=1]Also some nitpicky stuff involving CC which only an admin could do <_<[/size][/right]

This happens every year, and it's been going on for the past 3 years. YCMaker is adamant about no one other than himself and his brother being admins. Ask the mods, they've argued with him time and again on it.

Support, I guess, but it's never gonna work, and you're delusional if you think it is =/

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1324493788' post='5721252']
Doesn't matter what you want, it's not gonna happen.

Mods have argued with him for 3 years for a 3rd one. He simply refuses.
[/quote]
To my understanding, the mods were told that one wasn't needed because our two would become more active. Seeing as that clearly didn't happen, the powers that be no longer have a reason to deny their forum the attention it deserves. (Unless they just don't trust anybody)

Archived